WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Hiroshe
Angelic Harmony
inufan52
kino inuzuka
Renden2005
Titaniumxvx
Hiiatte
_Crissi_
Destinykil
seshimazi
Sasori Kung fu masta
jake989
Laura-Chan
quater
Banouin
Endless Nothing
knssquad
Claud-kun
D-Dei
Meika-Chan
theBOSS.
25 posters

Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]]

theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Empty Re: Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]]

Post by theBOSS. Wed Jul 02 2008, 11:25

hahaha Inu.
    maybe I should just print it all out and run down to your house just for you :P

well bloodly... I have a lot of things to do. >.>
    Like go to military camp in Korea.
    AP Physics assignments.
    MAII stuff.
    English reading and crap.

>.>
    D-Dei
    D-Dei
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 49291
    What's up Tab : "I've made up my mind. I'm gonna become an emu."

BEL.the.Ripper.

Spoiler:

Fanclubs : Deidara Fanclub.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-31

AMP

Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Empty Re: Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]]

Post by D-Dei Wed Jul 02 2008, 11:26

well, if you run down to her house, no one's probably going to answer?

and you found the MA2 assignment?
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Wed Jul 02 2008, 11:26

nope :D
    inufan52
    inufan52
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 84
    What's up Tab : if you wanna know:ask
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue98 / 10098 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-29

AMP

Post by inufan52 Wed Jul 02 2008, 15:38

death-chan wrote:hahaha Inu.
    maybe I should just print it all out and run down to your house just for you :P

well bloodly... I have a lot of things to do. >.>
    Like go to military camp in Korea.
    AP Physics assignments.
    MAII stuff.
    English reading and crap.

>.>

that'll be nice thank you!
    haha
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 28860
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-22

AMP
    Natural: 1578
    Power: 1535
    Instinct: 1833

Post by Meika-Chan Wed Jul 02 2008, 20:51

But summer days are longer >_>

And I know all my readers expect me to update faster in the summer -hasn't updated in more than 8 months- 8D
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Wed Jul 02 2008, 20:55

zomg, i know right?
    i've been flooded with FFN Pms
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Wed Jul 02 2008, 21:01

I know >_>

So I tell them all I'm going to camp or something :D

Except then Pika tells them all I'm just being lazy >_>
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Wed Jul 02 2008, 21:07

gaaaaaaaaah, i don't know what to update
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Wed Jul 02 2008, 21:08

Be like me and dont' update anything! :D

And the swear at your email inbox when the requests for updates come in ;D
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 LjSmear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Thu Jul 03 2008, 01:51

So awsome!!
    Is there gonna be a story for each experiment? Like a small filler?
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Thu Jul 03 2008, 22:15

nah, i'm just going to all the flashbacks at once to get 'em over with

heeey, angelic harmony's alive
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 LjSmear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Cd
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Thu Jul 03 2008, 22:46

No, im just her lost soul.
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Mon Jul 07 2008, 21:49

^
    just noticed this post

cool beans.

well kids, no more new chapters until august... something.
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:12

Dang. =__=;
    Hiroshe
    Hiroshe
    Citizen

Number of posts : 114
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-07-05

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power: 2
    Instinct: 2

Post by Hiroshe Tue Jul 08 2008, 07:28

Hello people.
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 15:30

Chapter 9 Up.

-

Characters (Old and New):
    Spoiler:

-

A Dei&Death fanfic.

-

IX : time machine part II - Kenji

-

I was desperate really for people not to accuse me of coldness. It was
    taboo.

Thomas Dolby

-

In his village, having light hair as a shinobi was considered a taboo.

Which was why Kenji was always made fun of in his academy class, and even in his years as a genin.

He always hated going outside on errands for his mother, or on missions with his genin team (who, including the jounin teacher, had all-dark hair).

And though he was considered one of the brightest kids in his village’s generation, his fair blond hair would hinder him from getting along with the other genin and really unlocking his true talent.

His only tolerable teammate was a Mist-nin named Takashi, who came to Shadow on a ninja exchange program among the five great nations of their time. Though Takashi was more of the larger, stocky type, he was considered nearly invincible with his sword, Mizuken.

However, Kenji didn’t trust Takashi in a way.

It wasn’t a feeling that screamed ‘evil’ to Kenji – it was Takashi’s unnatural ice-blue eyes (which was a big asset to what made him popular amongst all the Shadow genin) that… frightened the young genin in a way. As bold and serious as he was, Kenji couldn’t help but notice that the eyes Takashi possessed were eyes that had seen too much at a young age.

And Kenji didn’t like that.

He was sure they could have gotten along, since he had a knack for forging little weapons of his, and Takashi was more of a weapons user than anything.

But he didn’t.

Those two never interacted.

That is, until the day of the fateful mission – the day of the beginning of their friendship.

-

-

It was a simple two-team mission, which meant that Kenji’s team (which comprised of himself, Takashi, and a taijutsu user named Shin) and another Shadow genin team would go on a small survival mission in which the two teams would start off at the gates of the Shadow village and bring a scroll through the Silent Forest to the Shadow Archives located in the middle of the Silent Forest.

And the bomb that was dropped upon them was that there would be no jounin teacher watching over them.

It would be a test of teamwork. However, the other genin team was made up of two loudmouthed twins named Touya and Aoi, and a female named Hana.

Though Hana and Takashi (obviously) were tolerable, Touya, Shin, and Aoi had a knack of ruining Kenji’s life, even when they weren’t up in his face.

As they all assembled in front of the village gates with Hana as the scrollkeeper, Kenji eyed the entrance of the forest warily. It seemed so much more ominous today, up close.

It was going to be a long trip.

-

-

The six large fish sizzled, casting sparks out toward the six genin huddled around the camp fire that kept them warm. Though it wasn’t completely dark, it was close to sunset and the forest around them seemed to glow with life.

“Yo, Takashi, that was some killer swordplay out there,” Aoi said, grinning at Takashi, referring to the part of the trip where Touya had stumbled over a trip wire, causing thousands of handmade wooden stakes to fly at them. Takashi had almost immediately whipped out his Mizuken and sliced deflected the stakes from his teammates, rising victoriously with only one cut on his hand.

Takashi looked up from wiping his sword with a cloth, smiling unsurely. “Thank you.”

Even though Takashi, in a way, was quiet like Kenji, the blond observed, Takashi was welcomed amongst the dark-haired genin.

Speaking of his teammates…

Kenji snapped out of his reverie when a fish appeared in front of his face.

Surprised, he muttered a quick “thank you” to Hana, who handed him the fish. Touya and Aoi were already halfway done with their share of food, and Touya looked up in between bites to sneer at Kenji.

“Don’t get too friendly with him, Hana. He can be a bad influence,” he said, causing Hana to look down in shame.

But he knew why Hana was a bit friendly to him. Her dark brown hair was not natural. Her real hair color was a light shade of brown, and her shinobi parents, knowing of the taboo, forced her to dye her hair. He had seen the dye stains on her hands as academy students, and he had promised her that he’d never reveal her secret. However, since his parents were civilians they really didn’t care about the taboo.

Though Kenji wanted to break Touya’s nose so bad, he didn’t. Getting into a fight with someone of Touya’s ‘popular’ social status would only hurt him in the end.

So all he did was look up straight into Touya’s eyes and glare daggers at him. (Not that the kid noticed, being absorbed in his share of fish again.)

Kenji’s life sucked.

He was too busy wallowing in self-pity that he didn’t even notice the curious stare Takashi was directing towards him.

-

-

“I can see it!” Shin crowed. “It’s straight up ahead!”

Kenji’s eyes narrowed. This wasn’t right.

Yesterday there had been so many traps and obstacles but today… today had been like a walk in the park (not that Shadow’s parks were any bit safer).

The weird thing was the discarded kunai he’d found on the way to the archives. According to his teacher, no one was allowed into the Forest unless given permission, or on a mission.

Also, Shadow-nin took pride in their weapons. They would never just leave a single weapon discarded, nor would they craft a weapon that was so hastily made.

Indeed, something was very wrong.

And in that same moment, the moment that Shin opened the door, Aoi stumbled forwards, his eyes bulging.

“What the–”

“Everybody down!” Shin shouted, speaking for the first time. Too surprised to do anything else, all the boys ducked, Touya pulling Aoi down, hissing, “What the hell’s wrong with you?!”

Swiftly Hana launched herself from a tree stump, using a wind jutsu to blow away the barrage of kunai hurled at the six genin. However, her jutsu didn’t suffice. A dozen kunai or so made its way to the two teams, cutting into their flesh.

Kenji hissed as one particularly sharp kunai burrowed intohis arm, blood starting to leak out.

“I’ll try to hold off the weapons,” Hana shouted, conjuring a protective cyclone that surrounded the six. “Try to figure out what’s wrong with Aoi.”

“Bro! Bro!” Touya shouted, smacking Aoi’s blank face. “What the hell, man! Don’t scare me like this!”

‘Ugh.’ Kenji’s nose wrinkled in disgust as one of the twins began to break down. “Move,” he snarled, pushing Touya out of the way. Surprised, Touya merely stepped aside.

As Kenji pressed his ear against Aoi’s chest, Aoi started convulsing, screaming.

“NONODON’THURTME, I’MSORRYI’MSORRY–”

A genjutsu?

Grimacing, Kenji made a handseal. “Kai.”

Nothing.

“Why isn’t he waking up?!” Touya shrieked. “Whywhywhyyy–!!”

“My dear boy, you’re getting to be quite a nuisance.”

A wooden stake buried itself into Touya’s stomach and he fell forwards, howling, tugging, spraying blood on his twin brother.

“Who the hell are you?!” Kenji snarled. Hana was notorious for her wind cyclone – no one was supposed to be able to get through it.

But the stake had.

In his dreams, he imagined getting revenge on all those who brought him down. But now that it was happening, it was just making him sick–

Touya screaming, the stake halfway out–“getitoutofme – getitoutgetitout-!!!”

Aoi stuck in that horrible genjutsu–“makeitstopmakeitstop – I’msorryi’msorry–”

he–

was–

going–

insane–

And his screams of anger and despair were lost in the howling winds of the cyclone.

Kenji was there. But he wasn’t there.

He vaguely realized he was screaming.

‘But who the hell cares. I’m going to die anyway. It doesn’t matter if I lose my voice. I’m going to die anyway. I’mgoingtodiediediediedie–’

And the punch that Takashi drove into his face snapped him out of it.

“That’s how he wants you to react,” Takashi snarled. “Don’t fall for his tricks.”

And Kenji realized that Takashi was right.

He was Kenji, the calm, cool, collected one.

He was the smartest out of all of them.

Taking a deep breath, he closed his eyes and let Takashi take over trying to revive Aoi while he went to help Touya.

“Touya, calm down, sit down.”

Don’t tell me to calm down, you son of a mother–”

And Kenji lost it. “It’s not all about you anymore, you dumbass!” he screamed, punching Touya. “If you want all of us, including you, to live, SIT THE HELL DOWN.”

So Touya sat down, whimpering in pain and cursing all the way. “What about Aoi?”

“Takashi’s taking care of him,” Kenji muttered, his voice gone already. Drawing a kunai from his pocket, he made mental calculations.

“What are you doing with that kunai?” Touya asked, his voice strained with pain and fear. “What the hell are you doing?!”

“I’m going to saw it off,” Kenji hissed impatiently. “None of us are medics so pulling it out will draw more blood.”

Barely aware of what he was doing, he ignored the howling winds, Touya’s keening, Aoi’s screaming.

And placing the kunai a few inches away from his stomach, on the stake, he began sawing.

“Ithurts!” Touya shrieked. “ithurtsyoumoron,areyoutryingtokillme?!?!”

“Shut up!” Kenji shouted back. “Grab onto your end and prevent it from moving!”

And after what seemed like a million years, two-thirds of the stake clattered to the forest floor, the rest in Touya.

Both boys were so tired, so hurt, so tired…

But they crawled tiredly towards a stony-faced Takashi, who was helping Aoi up.

“So what’s the diagnosis?” Kenji asked tiredly as Touya started whimpering again.

“I fixed him,” Takashi said simply, offering no explanation.

And then Hana let out a small grunt of pain as the ground underneath them exploded.

The ground underneath them broke apart, and they had to scatter.

“Guys! He’s after the scroll!” Shin shouted, being the closest to Hana (who threw him the scroll).

“Why would he be after the scroll?” Aoi murmured groggily.

“Young one, that is none of your business,” the voice they had heard before said pleasantly. “Hand over the scroll and you will live.”

“Why don’t you go jump off a cliff,” Touya spat.

Quickly, the 6 genin reassembled, Hana creating a protective wind sphere around the six.

“We need a distraction,” Hana huffed quietly. “So we can break into the library.” With one hand she gestured toward the tall, stained glass windows of the large building. “I did some research… only Shadow-nin and those allied to Shadow are allowed to enter that place, it’s a jutsu that protects the archives…. But I’m running out of chakra…”

Kenji scowled. Touya and Aoi was in no position to fight, and Takashi looked drained from whatever he did to heal Aoi.

It was all up to him, then…

‘Think, you dumbass, think!’

He looked up at the sky with desperate need of inspiration, and saw the faint moon in the sky.

And he tried to force the moon to move. ‘Move, dammit! Move!’

What was he doing… this was stupid. He looked down – he shouldn’t waste his time trying to move the moon. He had a life-and death situation going on here… But when he looked back up the moon seemed to have moved, slightly towards the sun.

He blinked. Did he really move the moon?

And slowly the world went dark.

An eclipse.

His eclipse.

Fighting down the pride swelling in his chest, he focused on the real world. “Guys, now!”

The six scrambled toward the doors that were a yard away, slipping into the archives.

Alarms rang, and Shadow-nin flocked into the archives. From outside the genin couldn’t hear anything – thus the reason why they couldn’t get backup.

“Quick – take the scroll,” Kenji huffed as he could see the sun start to appear again and Shin gave the scroll to one of the Shadow-nin.

He was so tired… as the older Shadow-nin tended to the genin with mutters of disapproval and sympathy, especially at Touya’s stomach, a pale-faced jounin squatted down in front of Kenji, smiling a smile that didn’t quite reach her eyes.

“You’re the one that moved the moon, right?”

Kenji nodded warily.

“He saved our lives,” Shin piped up, albeit a bit reluctantly.

“Boy, what’s your name?”

“Kenji.”

“Well, Kenji…” the woman said. “Don’t ever use that jutsu again.”

“Why not?” Kenji asked suspiciously. Hey, it was a pretty kickass jutsu.

“Because…” Gently she took his left arm and pulled up the sleeve. “There are repercussions when you mess with nature.”

He reeled back in horror, not even noticing the disgusted gasps from his teammates and the other nin.

His whole left hand had died in a way. An ugly, bruise-like purple now, there was a mark – one of a crescent moon – etched onto his palm.

Slowly, Kenji looked over his withered hand in fascination. He could feel the blood rushing through it… he could move his hand fine… but…

He groaned. “Great. I’m seriously taboo now.”

"It's alright."

Kenji turned to Takashi, a sarcastic smile on his face. "Well I don't suppose you have something that makes you taboo as well, do you?"

Takashi smiled bitterly. "No, but it was the genjutsu that I created that nearly killed Aoi. It was my Jagon."

"My, my," the female Shadow-nin sighed. "There will surely be an inquiry..."

Kenji grinned. "Well, that's good enough for me. Wanna talk about it?"

Takashi smiled. "Don't you mean wallow in self-pity?"

A boy with a taboo.

And another boy with cursed eyes.

This was only the beginning.

Last edited by death-chan on Wed Dec 24 2008, 17:00; edited 1 time in total
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Sun Aug 24 2008, 15:54

Yay~!

And Bloodly sees the half crossover X3
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 18:00

the half what?
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Sun Aug 24 2008, 19:01

Whoo!!

That was awsome!
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 19:25

thank you.

now update yours, pleeeeeaaaase? Back stab
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:04

T_T;; Eh. Later.
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:20

T_T
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Aug 25 2008, 09:55

Nevermind -___-;
    Claud-kun
    Claud-kun
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 18744
    What's up Tab : I'm probably doing homework this moment even iif it doesn't look like that :D
    Happiness bar :
    Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue95 / 10095 / 100Smear it Splendid [[Ch11up o8.24.o9]] - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-08

AMP
    Natural: 67
    Power: 67
    Instinct: 76

Post by Claud-kun Fri Sep 26 2008, 18:46

A month later once again, I read the update. Shameful...

Great chapter!
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 21997
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 5
    Power:
    Instinct: 5

Post by Titaniumxvx Fri Sep 26 2008, 19:47

I am terrible shameful as well.

*A month later*

I apologize, Death. (By the way, poor PF except until the end. ^_<)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 20:27