WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What would you like to see on WOTN?

Q
    Q
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5310
    What's up Tab : I failed.
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    What would you like to see on WOTN? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What would you like to see on WOTN? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-19

AMP
    Natural: ZerQ
    Power: ZerQ
    Instinct: ZerQ

What would you like to see on WOTN? - Page 2 Empty What would you like to see on WOTN?

Post by Q

That's right. You guys have a carte banche this time. Post your suggestions here and the kages will review them. Only a few will be considered and even fewer implemented.

Of course, we wouldn't propose this without some kind of incentive. Whoever gets their idea accepted will receive +25 on all their stats. Its a pretty good idea, so start thinking of stuff.
    Share this post on: reddit

amaterasu

Post Sun Jun 01 2008, 13:53 by amaterasu

well the last ones were in December so one may be coming shortly
    however the JOunin exams are likely to be kept secret until completed (or almost) except unto the members that are participating in it

also it may be different then last time
    so no one can be sure what they will be like
    quater

Post Sun Jun 01 2008, 14:00 by quater

It's true we try to keep the Jounin Exams more secretive then the Chuunin Exams, because we have watched Naruto RPG's, and it's hardly an idea we wish to see leaked to the evils of other sites, but one we prefer to have kept more locked up, to the best of our loyal ninja.

And our Last Chuunin Exams were in March or so I believe.
    Shinobi's Redemption

Post Mon Jun 02 2008, 22:42 by Shinobi's Redemption

it's gonna be a looooooooooooooooong tome b4 i take that type of exam but to the matter at hand a have a Question kages what ideas are being set in motion becouse i have a few more that Q knows about already.
    Endless Nothing

Post Wed Jun 04 2008, 16:14 by Endless Nothing

What if we were to have more stores?

We could have a Puppet Store which could be seperate from PF's Weapons Armory and could be run by someone else. The Puppets would have to be approved of by PF or at least two other kage.

I would like to start up a Jutsu shop/dojo. People who can not seem to come up with any Jutsu of their own could come to the shop and have someone that works there create one for them for a small price. And in this case the price would be small, no more than 8 points in each stat. I know, not very practical but still an Idea.

Also i would like to see a pet shop on WOTN. There is, as of yet, not a single member that has a pet. The pet could be used in the same way that Kiba uses Akamaru in battle. Essentially the pet would start off in its youngest state (pup, cub, etc) and could be trained from there to become more powerful. In battle, the pets would be used the same way as a summon without the cost of actually summoning the pet. Of course Pets would probably have to be quite expensive in order for such a thing to be allowed.
    quater

Post Wed Jun 04 2008, 22:12 by quater

I am not sure, I mean, I guess shops are indeed, a notable idea. But in the current system, until these forums find a way of doing gold they would be hard, especially for the jutsu shop. That is the one I have the most issue over.

I think it'd be more pratical if we had each village at the Kage's leisure if he were to hire people to train and help new ninja get going and maybe with their jutsu, and in return that will train the ninja. Give that power to the Kage's and their villages.

The other shops, hm, I mean, I like the idea, but, it'd be difficult to pull off. Now if we could, in some way, design a system where we could pull this off with it requiring less work then it would indeed be worth looking too. I like the idea of a puppet shop.

Two problems I can foresee for it, besides the statting it would require to make it.

First - How would it be decided a person could run a shop. Because 90% of the site would therefore want to run a shop (People here already think they do, with Candy shops and dragon and potion shops floating onto the scene), and we would be runover by dozens of multiple shops. I guess it's true, the freemarket will eventually bury the uglier shops, but this would definitely need to be addressed.

Second - How would it be done so that it was fair? To do shops nearly everything would have to be regulated and go under strict enforcement, (This is disregarding Statting too). Determining prices of items and then therefore determining strength of them.

These would have to have seperate systems designed to keep both at maximum, and then as I said, the stat system would have to be there.

It'd be very tough to pull off. And that's not even mentioning how pets, noffense, are very common traits of fully developed Roleplay RP sites, something WOTN tries to pull away from that norm. Now it's true I suppose, that if we could pull it off, it'd be beautiful, original, and highly awesome, because WOTN pulled it off.

But I am just questioning the ability for even us, to do it without it scourging WOTN into a nest of Roleplay
    Menchimonster

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 00:10 by Menchimonster

Here's a big idea but when you read this please be open to it. It actually has some relevance to the above posts. I have reviewed your hoster structure and HTML format access and instead of using stats to buy anything, what about currency? I am aware that you may add more "RP" categories to the profile and currency could easily be one of them. If one does not have enough currency, they could exchange stats for money, but having this system in a sense could allow more progress in the fields of (Shops as above) or even the current armory. We could also include kunai and shuriken increses for money. (Or really whatever) It's not limited to anything. I understand Q, you might also view this as RP like but it's not that different from what we are already doing. The prob with using stats to buy is, I guess, the whole feel of it. There is no statistic facts I have for you but it just doesn't seem right, if you know what I mean...
    the_comic_relief_cat

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 19:02 by the_comic_relief_cat

holy crap... i just had the best idea i've ever had... okay, maybe not the best... but whatever... what about having an RP forum... like it doesn't have to be all about naruto rp stuff... but you could start a thread there and just have fun... you know? normal rules and stuff... no stats for anything in it... but just a place to rp... not like the bar or the beach etc. they're not really for rping...
    amaterasu

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 19:47 by amaterasu

like a actual Rp section

Quater and teh other Kages don't seem to like Rp at all since it makes up like other naruto rp sites
    theBOSS.

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:09 by theBOSS.

Oh! I came up with a stupid suggestion that popped into my head after I saw the new rules.

Can't we have a Battle Committee or something like that? I mean, Endless is a battle ref but we can have more, right? I really disagree with that new rule that bans any type of jutsu that it bans (didn't read it clearly ^_^;). There are ways to make godmod-ish seeming jutsu fair. Pour example, I have a barrier jutsu that makes it seem as if I can't be hit when in reality, there are loopholes to them. And no I am not defending the types of moves that "disables the user from moving or casting any jutsu for an x amount of turns" because they are unfair. Totally. But having move-based jutsu and barriers and stuff, it makes it more fun.

Now some of you can say "silly death, fighting isn't the only way to gain stats. you can recruit". Yes I am silly and I have no idea why I'm ranting but a lot of us turn to fighting for stats like I do. Kind of. Yeah, I still recruit though.

Now, if we had a battle ref committee or something, can't we review over users' jutsu and maybe suggest things that can make members' jutsu useable so that people won't complain about godmoding? I can swear that more time is spent on arguing whether someone's jutsu are godmod than the time spent on actually fighting. Having a group of people that review a fighter's jutsu beforehand will take a hassle, sure, but it'll save a hell more time and spam.

I don't even think that experienced fighters have to do it. It can be anyone with an understanding of the battle system and a pretty good thinking mind... I mean... I find nothing fun in hitting, getting hit, and evading. Finding a creative way to find a loophole in someone's barrier is more of a time-killer for me.

But I don't think that anyone will read this post because it's more of a rant ._.
    quater

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:18 by quater

I am already kind of doing that death

We hate RP sites because they suck Ama. We go to em all the time and they are Drama imploding festering holes in the internet that are totally unfun to go to and extremely large amounts of work to keep up. WOTN seems to be doing well without turning the entire site around and going down that Gosh aweful path now doesn't it?

The beach and Bar are supposed to be the closest we go to RP

We can only have three different things for "Stats" so we can't open a menu for currency Menchi
    theBOSS.

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:22 by theBOSS.

Gah, does that mean I can't get my stats? >.>

Well, for Menchi's idea, can't you do the specialized profile thing?
    King_Of_Blades

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:23 by King_Of_Blades

yeah i need my stats too for both of my battles today against bio-heat and hitoshi
    quater

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:25 by quater

death-chan wrote:Gah, does that mean I can't get my stats? >.>

Well, for Menchi's idea, can't you do the specialized profile thing?

Explain that to me in a PM please.
    Shinobi's Redemption

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:37 by Shinobi's Redemption

i've came up with a new suggestion i've been noticeing that in the battle arena all is free until i saw a taijutsu spar and it looked like fun so i was thinking that there would only be a taijutsu area so it would be more organized and people know where to go if they want to look for a awsome taijutsu match that requires fists kicks and weapons and a few special taijutsu techniques because all is just jutsu here and it would be fun for some people to just fight with taijutsu techniques.
    Meika-Chan

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:38 by Meika-Chan

But then doesn't that mean that whoever has the highest stats and rank would always win?
    quater

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:40 by quater

Shouldn't that be the way it is?
    Shinobi's Redemption

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:42 by Shinobi's Redemption

he's got you there bloodly.
    Meika-Chan

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:42 by Meika-Chan

... I guess...

But that takes out everythign in the fun of battling, and making sure that the best stragity wins and stuff...
    Shinobi's Redemption

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:44 by Shinobi's Redemption

Bloodly-Chan wrote:... I guess...

But that takes out everythign in the fun of battling, and making sure that the best stragity wins and stuff...
    yea but what happens when two ninja are equaly matched and taijutsu is the only method instead of simple jutsu?
    Meika-Chan

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:45 by Meika-Chan

Then the person who goes first wins.
    quater

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:45 by quater

Or, what happens if a Chuunin with low S goes against a Genin with High S

It's all about stats people.

I mean, why the freedom should a Genin kick a Chuunin's butts? It's called Godmodding for a reason.
    Meika-Chan

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:46 by Meika-Chan

Well, stats play a big role too
    Shinobi's Redemption

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:48 by Shinobi's Redemption

Bloodly-Chan wrote:Then the person who goes first wins.
    true but you forget after effects like the technique bio used in the arena it nailed it's oponent and stole a evade or power ups.
    Meika-Chan

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:49 by Meika-Chan

Shinobi's Redemption wrote:
    true but you forget after effects like the technique bio used in the arena it nailed it's oponent and stole a evade or power ups.
    and aren't those illegal now?
    quater

Post Sat Jun 07 2008, 22:50 by quater

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Shinobi's Redemption wrote:
    and aren't those illegal now?

Were they ever legal is the question.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 17:12