WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crap.

sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Crap. Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Crap. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Crap. Empty Crap.

Post by sabaku no ketsueki

And lots of it.

Seriously. The smallest things have been getting on my nerves lately. I don't know what it is; I'm not any more stressed out than I'm used to. But
    I'm pissed off a lot.

FOR EXAMPLE. My parents seem to enjoy lecturing me over how "You left this too late, you know. In University, if you're not on the top of your game, you're screwed." And it's like, NO SHIT, really?! How about you leave me alone for 5 minutes so I can DO THE HOMEWORK THAT YOU'RE LECTURING ABOUT?! I swear, if I hear one more "In university" speech, I'm going to kill someone. No, I'm not stressed out enough, how about you add to it? GREAT! THANKS!

So maybe I am stressed out. But again, it's no more than the usual crap that happens.

And even better, have you ever just, I dunno, walked by your parents' room or something and hear them talking about you? I mean, no big deal, right? You are their child and everything. But I seem to overhear my parents a lot as I'm walking down the hall, and I hear my name, which just makes me stop on instinct. And then I hear how they're talking about how basically, I'm not working hard enough, I'm screwed over in the future, fun stuff like that.

By now, I've learned that if you want to do well in school, you do it for yourself. Not them. And it doesn't help that I can't say a damn thing about anything, it seems, without it being either thrown back in my face or seen as "sossy". It's called defending yourself! And I'll be damned if I'm not going to stand up for myself because someone might not like it!

And my father wonders why I tell him nothing? He throws it back at me later! That's why!

It's just so infuriating!

Life is just more complicated than it needs to be.

My thougths. Jumbled, but whole.
    Share this post on: reddit

Aichu

Post Tue Oct 13 2009, 21:46 by Aichu

Your parents have no idea what they're talking about. You ARE smart and hardworking. Procrastination is this dumb sickness that affects every teenager, it cannot be helped.

With my parents, I get in trouble if I defend myself, AND when I try to walk away ("don't 'yes mom' me!"). There's no way you can really win with parents, just have patience and persevere...
    sabaku no ketsueki

Post Tue Oct 13 2009, 21:50 by sabaku no ketsueki

It's just nice to complain about family stuff. And as I was writing that, I thought, well, other people have it a hell of a lot worse than I do. But still, I felt the need to vent.

I know, right? Heaven forbid you don't agree with authority. Generally, it's alright, but there's a line that they can't cross, no matter who it is. My father wants to insult me, screw that, I'm not sticking around to be abused.
    quater

Post Tue Oct 13 2009, 21:54 by quater

Your dad wonders why you don't tell him stuff? Hahaha.

Parents are so goony like that.

I don't tell my parents anything, either.
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Wed Oct 14 2009, 06:28 by KarateKeyaQ

sabaku no ketsueki wrote:It's just nice to complain about family stuff. And as I was writing that, I thought, well, other people have it a hell of a lot worse than I do. But still, I felt the need to vent.

I know, right? Heaven forbid you don't agree with authority. Generally, it's alright, but there's a line that they can't cross, no matter who it is. My father wants to insult me, screw that, I'm not sticking around to be abused.

I was just about to say that some people would kill to have parents. Let alone, parents that care enough to criticize them. I'm thinking they're just doing it out of love and that they want you to succeed in life and all that good jazz.
    sabaku no ketsueki

Post Wed Oct 14 2009, 19:26 by sabaku no ketsueki

I knew I'd get a comment like that!

But really, if the children in Africa are dying of poverty everyday, that sucks, and it's worse than us, but does that mean our problems mean nothing?

I'm just venting. Yeah, they want to help, but they're not really being very helpful.
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Wed Oct 14 2009, 19:44 by KarateKeyaQ

I wasn't trying to say your problems mean nothing. I was just being devil's advocate or whatever (parents' perspective).

But I understand where you're coming from. My parents lecture me every day. Whether it's because I don't clean my room or procrastinate too much ^_^

I think it's in their blood! ;O
    3.2.1.0.84.NG!

Post Wed Oct 14 2009, 19:46 by 3.2.1.0.84.NG!

That really sucks D:

Parents don't usually listen cuz they think their opinion is always right.
    quater

Post Wed Oct 14 2009, 19:57 by quater

I agree with Alpha!
    sabaku no ketsueki

Post Wed Oct 14 2009, 20:03 by sabaku no ketsueki

KarateKeyaQ wrote:I wasn't trying to say your problems mean nothing. I was just being devil's advocate or whatever (parents' perspective).

But I understand where you're coming from. My parents lecture me every day. Whether it's because I don't clean my room or procrastinate too much ^_^

I think it's in their blood! ;O

mhkay! haha. No, you're right, it just grates me after I hear the same damn thing for years.
    amaterasu

Post Wed Oct 14 2009, 20:35 by amaterasu

when my parents where bugging me about homework and stuff.

I build up my courage and just said, to my parents to please stop pressuring me, and I will do better. Because what theya re doing is not helping

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29 2024, 11:45