WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Q's really good day

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Q's really good day Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Q's really good day Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Q's really good day Empty Q's really good day

Post by quater

So I got up this morning at 7:45. I am supposed to get up at 7:30 but I have been getting up at 7:45 everyday anyway so its okay with me. I tra la la through the usual morning activities and things are going fine this morning until my first really great activity happened. And that would be my dad had not filled up the tank with gas for the past few days he had it. So now I had to do that, which was okay but it was a ten minute trip out of my way and made me later for class. Then I realized I got into a whole slew of traffic. But, that's pretty normal and I still was going to make it to class on time, I was pretty sure.

However, as I was driving I noticed into the distance there were storm clouds. Last night Bano had told me it rained pretty constantly all day yesterday for him and that meant it was going to rain on me soon. But I thought nothing of this looming giant. That was, until I noticed the morning sun had been blocked and black skies were now towering overhead. Ahead of me I could see that blurry look that lets you know rain is falling there and obscuring your vision. "Aw bubbles," I thought to myself. I did not at that point realize how much the rain was going to be a pain.

The next really good thing that happened to me started to fall from the sky just as I pulled onto the road that lead to my college. Had I had gotten there 15 minutes earlier, which if you negated out the bad traffic and the gasorine stop, was believeable, I would of been safely on campus and possibly waiting for class or talking with a friend when the first drops whizzed to the Earth. But as I have pointed out, today was a good day. So the drops came in torrents and torrents of thunder clashing and lightning flashes all about and I was driving on a bumper to bumper road.

After ten minutes of wading through what is normally a 2 minute street and having to deal with two people who couldn't cognize that you do not need to fully stop your car to turn on a clear street but instead one should just slow down a bit, I had made it to the parking lot. The Parking Lot, at least the lot I use is a good quarter of a mile from my first Class. This is absolutely dandy, as I enjoy walking and it is a nice trek through some woods to get to the parking lot to campus and away from. But today, that passage to the campus was obviously blocked because it was flooding. I waited in the car trying to decide if taking an umbrella was worth it. The conclusion was, no. It wasn't. So I made a quick dash for the 'bus stop' where the UNF busses routinely come and pick people up and take them to allocated stops.

When I made the quick trek there I was meeted with another fortunate surprise. The small covering was crammed with people wearing jackets and umbrellas. Luckily for me, in a T-Shirt I got to stand outside and take the rain head on. After the bus arrived five minutes late, I slipped on and just barely got on the bus as the rest of the crowd had to stand away. But, I had slid on so innocuously that I didn't have a support rail so I was lucky enough to spend the entire time slipping and bumping into people and then apologizing afterwards.

As I got off the bus I made to run for a covering that should of blocked the rain, but the wind shoved it in just as bad. Then I realized, "Good fortune!" I was half a mile away from class, now, as the bus I had taken had dropped me off at the farthest point from where I needed to be. I dashed from one building through the rain, over a puddle, through the rain again, into a small covering, through the rain again, into a group, realized I didn't recognize these buildings because I had no classes here, but I still persevered through it.

When I finally reached the right building, I was dripping water. I didn't much care, though. However, when I entered my first class, 15 minutes late, not that I cared much and neither did the teacher, I had the good fortune of yet another event! This class had a large rumbling AC in it at the nice warm temperature of 65 degrees. Being completely drenched this was made even more enjoyable and lucky.

I survived from there on and things seemed to be turning for the worst. I made a new friend and I even did well on two assignments. Clearly the School was trying to put a damper on my good spirits.

But things turned for the better again when I went to Math Class. I realized that I was extremely tired, and that my teacher was talking about things that I already knew because I had read ahead. So I did my best to give in to them but I only managed 4 accidental catnaps. Better luck next time.

Leaving campus was a cinch because naturally it was a bright and sunny day when I had nowhere to be. However, entering the highway almost caused me to wreck. I was heading up the little road that leads to the highway which for some reason has escaped my memory, and I looked down and took a sip of my coke. When I looked up the car in front of me had done a complete dead stop in the road. There were no cars coming from an adverse side but I was going at speeds (As I was hoping to speed up fast enough to enter the highway near enough that I could get into the lane without slowing anyone down, which in my view is a successful entry onto a highway). No such I couldn't slow down so I pulled my car and got it just around this lunatic stopper, then passed them and continued on my way. I blame this incident on my later good fortune.

As you see, I had an exit just after this spot I had to make, and I missed it because I was on the wrong side of a road I normally would cross easily.

So I had to take the long way home. But, there was a certain red light I managed to hit. I waited till the road was clear, and turned right which is 100% legal. But, just as I was turning, the car which had been quite a distance away sped up! He was not satisfied with me making a normal turn. So I had to pull over to a side and let this moron go in front of me or we'd of collided. Then, he stopped and honked at me to go in front of him. By the way, he stopped, I never did.

I usually get one crazy driver but rarely 3 in one day.

And good fortune! I am now off to the dentist to get plaque removed off my retainer that I shouldn't still have and was in so long that it developed problems. This is a good day.
    Share this post on: reddit

Always-Abby

Post Thu Aug 27 2009, 13:49 by Always-Abby

Aww, poor baby ^_^;;;
    I actually had to cover my face at some points because I felt so bad imagining all of this happening to you xP;
    I even walked away for a few minutes.

-hugs tight-
    Banouin

Post Thu Aug 27 2009, 13:53 by Banouin

Wow man, sucks big time.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Thu Aug 27 2009, 14:20 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Aww, poor Q ):
    quater

Post Thu Aug 27 2009, 14:48 by quater

Haha, aw, guys. Actually none of this overly bugged me. I just thought, "How often do I rant?" so I wanted to try it. ^_^

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29 2024, 03:24