WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Titaniumxvx
AkiQ
Aichu
CrispinFreemanWatcher16
Michael
jake989
KarateKeyaQ
quater
Choushi
Shugo
14 posters

flashbacks in anime are they necessary

Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 21803
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

AMP
    Natural: 33
    Power: 18
    Instinct: 38

flashbacks in anime are they necessary Empty flashbacks in anime are they necessary

Post by Shugo Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:12

ok as the question asks well are they no there will be no poll i want you opinion not yes or no i want to know why you think that

i say no they aren't needed in most cases if you are going to flash back only do it every once in a while and stop referring to that flash back 20 times in less than 10 (eps im looking at you naruto)
    Choushi
    Choushi
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 3240
    What's up Tab : yo check it...every time im on the mic i wreck it...i cant break the rules so i bend em like beckham....FOO!
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-23

AMP
    Natural: 73
    Power: 93
    Instinct: 84

flashbacks in anime are they necessary Empty Re: flashbacks in anime are they necessary

Post by Choushi Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:15

ouch....well its good to keep the story suspenseful....flash backs r used to fill the chapter i think
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

flashbacks in anime are they necessary Empty Re: flashbacks in anime are they necessary

Post by quater Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:15

I think flashbacks to early points in the show, unless it was like the pen sitting on a shelf or something small that you would forget, not something big that changed the show, or unless it is from another character's point of view, are a waste of time.

Flashbacks into a characters past, like one piece does, are essential.
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 2

Post by KarateKeyaQ Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:17

I don't really like them.

I mean, some are good I guess but anime that spend a whole week on one flashback is just annoying. I mean, come on, two people who are fighting are not going to sit there and wait for one person to finish thinking about their childhood...or something.
    jake989
    jake989
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 17436
    Fanclubs : Naruto Uzumaki FanClub! n00b Control, WotN Veteran Princes
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-30

AMP
    Natural: 42
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 39

Post by jake989 Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:17

Yeah, but it's stupid how like the last 10 naruto episodes on Cartoon network have been like Sasuke flashbacks, and it was like almost the whole episode too!
    Yeah,you can have some, but not a big one and a bunch of them in a row.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Shugo Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:17

Choushi wrote:ouch....well its good to keep the story suspenseful....flash backs r used to fill the chapter i think

yeah but why fill the chapter with flash backs you showed 30 times before i get it naruto isnt giving up so stop flashing back to that same thing
    Choushi
    Choushi
    Citizen

Male
    What's up Tab : yo check it...every time im on the mic i wreck it...i cant break the rules so i bend em like beckham....FOO!
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Choushi Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:18

it does kinda help explain why people are the way they r tho
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:18

Cartoon network is on fillers.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:20

Choushi wrote:it does kinda help explain why people are the way they r tho

yes i agree on that but why when the kage is dying and naruto is fighing gaara do i have to keep seeing garras childhood over and over then you flash back to someone elses moments that arent even really pertaining to the episode
    jake989
    jake989
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 17436
    Fanclubs : Naruto Uzumaki FanClub! n00b Control, WotN Veteran Princes
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-09-30

AMP
    Natural: 42
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 39

Post by jake989 Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:21

quater wrote:Cartoon network is on fillers.

I think they are!
    Michael
    Michael
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 1780
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-03-16

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by Michael Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:22

I think FlashBacks are used when people are too lazy to think of a real idea... I hate flashback episodes... I was there watching it then... I don't need to waste my time watching it again...
    Choushi
    Choushi
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Choushi Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:25

forreal
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:26

jake989 wrote:

I think they are!

No they really are

Flashbacks are there for when people discuss the past that would be a pain to have to physically go back too or iterate into the story.

I mean we can't go through everyone's childhood and see what makes them think.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:32

quater wrote:
    jake989 wrote:

I think they are!

No they really are

Flashbacks are there for when people discuss the past that would be a pain to have to physically go back too or iterate into the story.

I mean we can't go through everyone's childhood and see what makes them think.
    yeah but it seems like they are trying to do that
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:34

They are also used to bring about an understanding.

Think about it shugo. If we got rid of Flasbacks, we'd have no understanding why Gai took such a liking to Lee or see what he meant. If there were no flashbacks we'd also know only a tiny information about Sasuke's past. Without flashbacks, we'd know nothing about how Jiraiya and yondaime and Naruto tied together.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:40

quater wrote:They are also used to bring about an understanding.

Think about it shugo. If we got rid of Flasbacks, we'd have no understanding why Gai took such a liking to Lee or see what he meant. If there were no flashbacks we'd also know only a tiny information about Sasuke's past. Without flashbacks, we'd know nothing about how Jiraiya and yondaime and Naruto tied together.
    i understand that the ones i dislike are the ones that are the same over and over why keep showing the same 3 second clip if it helps the story im all for it
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:43

Well those are the ones I am defending I don't care about the rest.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Tue Jun 24 2008, 16:48

quater wrote:Well those are the ones I am defending I don't care about the rest.

ok then we agree those are the good ones the others suck and the guy writing them should be slapped with a trout
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 37490
    Fanclubs : NaruHina & SasuSaku FC,WOTN Veteran Princes
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue98 / 10098 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Instinct: 11

Post by CrispinFreemanWatcher16 Tue Jun 24 2008, 20:39

i think flashbacks are necessary becuz they give u the perspective and view frm the person's past or to confirm things that have already happened and bring that back to your knowledge for a later event.
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by Aichu Tue Jun 24 2008, 21:16

Flashbacks are good sometimes. An effective flashback should be useful in developing a certain character, relaying to us important events in the past, or to illustrate a point that the audience would have otherwise missed.

However, there is not sane reason why an anime ought to spend half an episode airing flashbacks of events that occured merely several episodes ago or that are otherwise completely irrelevant.

Yes, I'm talking to you naruto.

Vilain: Kay, I'm here to kill you and stuff.
    Naruto: Believe it, my childhood sucked :B
    Vilain: ...wait, what?
    *commence super-lengthy series of flashbacks we've already seen for the tenth milion time, dramatic angles of moppy emo faces, and finaly a super-drawn out fight scene so epic it takes twenty episodes to get through it. Oh yah, and moar random flashbacks of when Naruto was having flashbacks because it makes it that much more dramatic.*

Last edited by Aichu on Tue Jun 24 2008, 21:24; edited 1 time in total
    AkiQ
    AkiQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 26747
    What's up Tab : Jayme + Nikki = AMAZING AWESOMENESS!
    Homie Purp && Homie Blue ghetto since 2009
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-12-19

AMP
    Natural: 68
    Power: 68
    Instinct: 68

Post by AkiQ Tue Jun 24 2008, 21:22

i like flashbacks.
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 21997
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 5
    Power:
    Instinct: 5

Post by Titaniumxvx Tue Jun 24 2008, 22:19

There are some people's past who you just don't care about.

The worst is when it's to bulk up an episode just to "fill time"
    That ruins the substance of an would-be-awesome episode.

Aichu, I could actually picture that dialogue in a Naruto episode. Happens! (Like in that Neji-Naruto chuunin stadium fight)
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Tue Jun 24 2008, 22:23

Titaniumxvx wrote:There are some people's past who you just don't care about.

The worst is when it's to bulk up an episode just to "fill time"
    That ruins the substance of an would-be-awesome episode.

Aichu, I could actually picture that dialogue in a Naruto episode. Happens! (Like in that Neji-Naruto chuunin stadium fight)

yup or the gaara, sasuke/naruto fight hell its like every fight
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 0

Post by Destinykil Wed Jun 25 2008, 02:20

in certain cases, such as dragonbal Z or something yes they are neccesary, but in naruto, its a waste of an episode
    LyricalM
    LyricalM
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 6355
    What's up Tab :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Fairy_Tail_Stamp_by_TaigerLily
    FAIRY TAIL!
    Fanclubs : All Of Them! Not really but i do like a lot of them.
    Happiness bar :
    flashbacks in anime are they necessary Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100flashbacks in anime are they necessary Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-06

AMP
    Natural: 74
    Power: 74
    Instinct: 74

Post by LyricalM Wed Jun 25 2008, 09:58

Some flashbacks are nessassary in ALL anime's because it might refresh the memory of the viewer but it can also be nessassary to the story line and the plot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 07:07