WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime to look into (hopefully)

amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Anime to look into (hopefully) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Anime to look into (hopefully) Empty Anime to look into (hopefully)

Post by amaterasu

Hello, Since I have nothing to do this week, I decided to see what anime's are out there that are worth the watch. I've taken all these from animecrazy.net summary and a picture

Starting up is Over Drive
    Summary:
    Shinozaki Mikoto is a student who's life is really routine. Going to school, going home, going to school, going home...nothing changes....until the day the girl he likes talks to him and introduces him to bicycling. His life now has a new meaning, and a bright path has shown itself to Shinozaki. Experiencing both failure and success throughout his training, he works hard to become the best cyclist in the world.
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_overdrive

I've read about 20 chapters before, a while ago, and enjoyed it, but lost count. But it is a good series, because it is really different and exciting.

Next up is Rave master
    Summary:
    Haru Glory is a boy who lives with his sister, Cattleya, in Garage Island. After fishing out a.... thing called Plue, he meets Shiba who entrusted him with Rave Stone or more known as Holy Bring. From there on, he embarks on a quest leaving his sister at Garage Island like his father who went to find Rave 15 years ago. He meets Elie, a girl who loves to gamble but has lost her memory. They met up with Musica at Punk Street. They have to eliminate Demon Card using Rave and is helped by Elie's uncontrollable Ethelion and Musica's ability of controlling silver as a Silver-Claimer. Unfortunately, they had to collect 4 more Raves in order to eliminate the mother of all dark brings, Sinclair. Together, they find out their past including Haru and Musica who both do not know their parents very well. They also find out the connection between Ethelion and Rave.

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_rave

I've never heard of this one, so I don't really know anything about it, but it has a plue, which makes an appearance in Fairy Tail, so it should be good... right?

Zombie Loan
    Summary:
    Michiru Kita is a special girl who possesses Shinigami Eyes, which allows her to see a dark ring around a person's neck. This ring symbolizes the person's impending death; once they are marked to die, a gray line, which is invisible to normal people, appears on their neck, and once the ring turns completely black, the person dies. Chika Akatsuki and Shito Tachibana, two boys in her class, both have black rings around their necks, but to her surprise, they are not yet dead. It is revealed that after a tragic accident that was supposed to kill them both, the two boys made a deal with a secret loan office called the Zombie-Loan. In return for keeping them alive, the two have to hunt zombies for the loan office. When Michiru gets involved with them, she finds that her life has just become more complicated.

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_zombieloan

This is an older one (I think) and one of the first manga I heard of, I read a bit and it was pretty interesting. I would say check it out.

Kekkaishi
    Summary:
    Sumimura Yoshimori, a 14-year-old junior high school boy, is a descendant of Kekkaishi, or an exterminator of monsters He is vying for the heir to the family with Yumikura Tokine. Tokine is older than him, and she is his childhood friend as well as his rival Kekkaishi. To save people from the crises, and to make himself stronger, Yoshimori fights against monsters tonight, too.
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_kekk

This is a funny series, I've only read 70 chapters or so (there is over 300 maybe over 400 chapters) it's a Shounen manga which has as much action as naruto or One piece or Bleach.

Kuroshitsuji
    Summary:
    One of the noble families of England - Phantomhive, has a butler, Sebastian Michaels. He has unquestionably perfect knowledge, manners, talent with materials. martial arts and much more. But he serves a 12 year old master.errorsource

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_kuro1

I never heard of this one (will be an occurring theme) but it has a butler who is perfect in every way, what is not to like? Because when there is someone who is perfect in almost every way, the series is always funny

Mushishi
    Summary:
    They are neither plants nor animals. They differ from other forms of life such as the micro-organisms and the fungi. Instead they resemble the primeval body of life and are generally known as "Mushi". Their existence and appearance are unknown to many and only a limited number of humans are aware of them. Ginko is a "Mushi-shi" who travels around to investigate and find out more about the "Mushi". In the process, he also lends a helping hand to people who face problems with supernatural occurances which may be related to the "Mushi".

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_mushis

The person looks like Kakashi so it must be good. Never seem it before today.

hellsing and hellsing Ultimate
    Summary 1:Hellsing follows the antiheroic vampire, Alucard, and a police girl-turned-vampire, Seras Victoria, two vampires employed by the vampire-extermination group of England, the Hellsing Organization. Slowly but surely, through their active duty, they find a new breed of vampires beginning to arise.
    Summary 2:Vampires exist. It is the duty of Hellsing, a secret organization sponsored by the British government, to hide that frightening fact and protect the blissfully unaware populace. Along with its own personal army, Hellsing has secret weapons. Alucard, an incredibly powerful vampire, has been controlled by Hellsing for years. It is unclear how he feels about being a servant to the Hellsing family, but he certainly enjoys his job as a vampire exterminator. Seras is a fledgling vampire and former police woman. Although reluctant to embrace her new self, she is a valued member of the organization. Integra Hellsing, the current leader, is usually fully capable of fulfilling her duty, but lately, vampire activity has been on the rise. Unfortunately, the cause is more alarming than anything she could have imagined. A group long thought dead has been plotting in secret since their apparent destruction over 50 years ago. Plotting to plunge England, and perhaps the entire world, into war.

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_GaoGaiGar41 Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_GaoGaiGar42

Hellsing, a classic vampire one (the best there is)
    And a sequel. What is not to like?

hakuouki
    Summary:
    Chizuru Yukimura is the daughter of a Dutch trained doctor who vanishes on a trip to Kyoto. In search of her father Chizuru sees a Shinsengumi member transform into an ogre. After being captured it is revealed that this change was caused by her father. Chizuru joins the Shinsengumi in search of her father and the cure.

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_A11286-25

I don't know, I didn't read the summary. I chose it because well.... I don't know. Gut feeling I guess.

Great Teacher Onizuka
    Summary:
    Onizuka is an ex-biker and gang leader who has one goal, to become the greatest teacher. He learns of the power and respect possible as an intern teacher, using his strength and connections to get his students to respect him. Now, graduated, he gets a job at a prestigious private school to handle their 'problem class' that made the past few teachers quit. He must handle a different sort of trouble when the trouble makers include some of the smartest kids in Japan who prefer a more cerebral approach to torturing their teacher. Onizuka must slowly win his students over and deal with their mistrust of teachers while handling the distrust of his fellow teachers.
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_great-teacher-onizuka
    I read two chapters once and it was funny, but seems like a lot of action or teacher beating up delinquents

Getbackers
    Summary:
    Ban Mido and Ginji Amano are a recovery duo infamously known as "GetBackers." Ban possesses two special powers: the "Snake Bite" (his hands have a gripping power of 200kg) and the "Evil Eye" (anyone who looks into his eyes will be locked into a powerful and nightmarish hallucination). Ginji, on the other hand, has the ability to generate thousands of volts of electricity from his body. Together, they run a freelance business of recovering anything lost or stolen from a client - and they claim a 100% success rate at their job.

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_A1840-211

Looks like a series (um durr [had a brain fart] of course it's a series). But one person has electrostatic shocking thingy ma jiggy.

Eden of the East
    Summary:
    On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be known as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory. and he is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding with the other hand. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_15033
    Meh, I don't know, I didn't make it past ep 1. Because yeah. It should some psychological thriller or something.

FLAG
    Summary:
    In 20xx, a civil war broke out in a small country in Asia in spite of the dispatch of UN forces. But a picture taken by accident in the battle field accelerates the peace process. It is a picture of a flag which became the symbol of peace. However, just before the peace agreement is achieved, the flag is robbed by an armed extremist group in order to obstruct the truce. The UN decides to send SDC (Special Development Command) and a cameraman to record their activities. That cameraman is Shirasu Saeko - the cameraman who took the picture of the flag. Armed with the HAVWC (High Agility Versatile Weapon Carrier), Saeko documents their journey.
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_FLAG

Not to be mistaken with FLAGS Which is a way better series (only like 7 chapters so far and since onemanga is down I haven't read it. Maybe mangareader.net has it. which is the new onemanga) But this maybe this series could be interesting.

Flame of Recca
    Summary:
    Recca Hanabishi is a ninja, but is nearly killed in an accident. However, a girl named Yanagi heals him with her powers. Later, the two are tracked down by a woman who attacks them. She tells Recca to ignite his flame, but he is clueless. Just as she hurts Yanagi, Recca releases a powerful flame upon the woman. She is excited to see this. It turns out that Recca was a baby, from the Hokage Clan of the past, that was sent to the future in order to escape death. Now, Recca is the leader of the new Hokage Clan who must stop his half brother, Kurei, from kidnapping Yanagi.

Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_Flame_of_Recca

This is a good old classic series. I lost my place though a couple years ago. I vouch for it I guess.

Bakumatsu kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
    Summary:
    The end of the Edo era marked the last time men would live as samurai and fight entrusting their lives and beliefs to the sword. The peace of the Tokugawa Shogunate begins to crumble with the arrival of Western influence. Amidst this upheaval, the youth of the nation seek a new era, but something else will bring turmoil and chaos. It is called Hasha no Kubi; the Head of the Conqueror. It is said that he who can obtain the Head shall rule over the whole country. However, another shadow being called
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Tn_bakumatsu
    What a mouth full, that last word had me twisted for at least 30 seconds.

but it's about Samurai's and Series about Samurai's are usually good.

Black Jack
    Summary:
    Black Jack is an "unregistered" doctor with a clouded, mysterious past. He works with his little assistant Pinoko (who has a massive crush on the doctor), dealing with medical cases not very well known, which can be strange, dangerous, or not known at all. But he is a genius, and can save almost any of his patients' life (as long as they have the money for it, that is), and is known to many around the world, especially to those of medicine and science. He's a man of science himself, and does not believe much until he has seen it, yet it is many times he is surprised by love and nature often overpowering the science he bases his life in.
    Anime to look into (hopefully) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxz_GDHONpXGbiMTf6rjKdMN54MHVxSJpZvP6oTM8ftWHhDYQ&t=1&usg=__wQuVak7AMi3OJtQ84p5UirYi3z8=

I deleted the page before I got the picture, so I got one off of google. Not that you guys would have noticed......
    But I feel like it's a series that is good (only a gut feeling)

And also, there is a subbed third naruto Shippuuden movie on animecrazy.net

I didn't hear anything about it, did any of you? Hopefully you can read them all
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Mon Aug 30 2010, 20:26 by quater

I watched Get Backers. ^^
    amaterasu

Post Mon Aug 30 2010, 20:27 by amaterasu

Was it a good series?
    quater

Post Mon Aug 30 2010, 20:29 by quater

I liked it to be honest.
    amaterasu

Post Mon Aug 30 2010, 20:31 by amaterasu

I was thinking of watching it over the next four weeks
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Aug 31 2010, 01:12 by SickSelfishSyQo

I like when you make these, Ama. I'm usually looking for the next anime I want to watch, and I've picked a few from these blogs of yours.

Last edited by SickSelfishSyQo on Tue Aug 31 2010, 17:18; edited 1 time in total
    amaterasu

Post Tue Aug 31 2010, 15:52 by amaterasu

Thanks.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Thu Sep 02 2010, 14:18 by SickSelfishSyQo

I started watching Eden of the East! I'm on the fourth episode and so far it's really good.
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16

Post Thu Sep 02 2010, 14:29 by CrispinFreemanWatcher16

heh rave master takes me back to Toonami :P
    im watching kekkaishi on tv~

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 14:10