WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just thoughts

amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Just thoughts Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Just thoughts Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Just thoughts Empty Just thoughts

Post by amaterasu

So, it's 8:37 pm and no one is online but it seems there are a few guests right now.

I am tired from staying up late last night, so I want to head to bed sometime before 11pm.

But this is just me thinking out loud I guess.

I don't really get a good feeling from Mega Churches That are known throughout the United States of America and other places. Especially the ones with over 10,000 members that attend services.

Matthew 7:13 says 13 “You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The road that leads to destruction is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way.

I remember this verse when I think of mega churches. You see Jesus wasn't talking about Believers and non-believers when he was teaching this. He was directing this verse to those who call themselves his followers. That is why a few verses later he says this

Matthew 7:22-23
    22 On judgment day many will say to me, ‘Lord! Lord! We prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.’ 23 But I will reply, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who break God’s laws.’

"These churches are also known as “seeker churches,” because they cater primarily to new Christians and seekers, rather than to Christians who are already attending services."
    This quote is from
    http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-megachurch.htm

This quote scares me. These massive sized churches are filled with People who are young and who can easily be deceived by false teachers, false prophets, false worshipers, etc.

These so called mega churches also seem to separate themselves from other churches, just as denominations do with each other. But in reality, there are no denominations in the Church of Jesus Christ.
    Ephesians 4:3-5
    3 Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace. 4 For there is one body and one Spirit, just as you have been called to one glorious hope for the future. 5 There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Also another thing on my mind is Revelation 1:1
    1The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

Two things that stand out for me.

The part that says
    which must shortly come to pass
    Because Revelation was written down around 90AD from what we know, so Revelation has been unfolding since that time and era. I don't understand how some people miss this and assume things such as the 7 seals and 7 trumpets have not happened yet.
    Just because they haven't happened in our time, doesn't mean they didn't happen in the past. Which is what happened. Also the 1260 day period, the 3 1/2 years and the time, times and dividing of a time (which are all the same thing) have already come and gone. The man of sin has already been revealed and most of the wrath of God has been poured out (you don't need to look back at the terrible tragedies like the French Revolution where hundreds of thousands died, and the many many Christians who lost their lives during the uprising, and in the following Reign of Terror; also teh world wars and Napoleonic wars and so on and such forth)

Also the second part of the verse says

and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John

This part shows that Revelation is a book of symbols and signs. So when it says that a Beast rises out of the water, it is not a real beast but it is a kingdom

“These four huge beasts represent four kingdoms that will arise from the earth. (Daniel 7:17)

The scriptures cannot be contradictory. A beast cannot mean a kingdom in Daniel but something else in Revelation. That would be contradictory
    Plus Isaiah 28:10 says this
    For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little:

Meaning, that we use previous mentioned facts from one part of the scripture and can apply them to another part.

So Ezekiel 4:4-6 says
    And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.
    the last part

I have appointed thee each day for a year.

This means that if in Revelation we see

Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. (Revelation 2:10)

That the 10 days means 10 years.

And the 1260 days mentioned later are actually 1260 years.
    The usage changes depending on the word though, because the language Greek didn't just use 1 word to describe day and obviously this passage right below refers to 1 day and not a year

For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? (Revelation 6:17)

So these thigns are just on my mind. So yeah
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 00:37