WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rant~

Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Rant~ Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Rant~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

Rant~ Empty Rant~

Post by Lunami

Alright, a different site I go to, I'm ranting about some of the lesser intelligent members.

And to those who ask, a fluff is a word often used by pagans, to lightly call someone who claims themself to be of some form of a (generally) neopagan path, without any, or little information on that which they claim to be.

Right at the moment, the big one is those who claim to be Wiccan, or trying to. The fact is, unless you're over 18, you can't even try to, there's an exception. Your family is Wiccan, and they initiate you when you give consent to joining.

On top of that, the fact is this. Wicca is a very specific path. If you aren't initiated properly, by the proper sect, guess what, you aren't Wiccan. It was started in the 1950's by Gerald Garnder. Even the names of the deities are withheld until you've become properly initiated.

As it stands, Wicca is oathbound, meaning you don't get all the neat little secrets until you've been initiated. I'm not saying that whatever your path, it's not valid (I know some of you may complain about the validity of other faiths [I'm assuming Q and Ama are going to read this xP]), it's simply not Wicca. You need to find very specific people, who've gone through very specific training. Realize, that after so many years, you can likely become a priest/ess of this faith. Now honestly, what Christian would go to a church to hear a Sermon by a guy who claims to be Christian, but doesn't even know who Yeshua is? {Yes, I use very archaic and gnostic names for those mentioned in the Abrahamaic faiths. To those who don't know, Yeshua is a name used to refer to Jesus.} I wouldn't, I'd be insulted, and I don't even follow the faith.

Moral of my rant? People should do more reading before they go around claiming them to be something, that they, chances are, they can never be. It's insulting, it's something that can be found offensive to just about any who is knowledgeable of various faith paths. And, most likely, if you call yourself this, and you do so, you're making whatever (if you're calling yourself wiccan, it's most likely) God an Goddess very very displeased with your actions.

Woo! I feel better now ^^
    *Edited it to make it less annoying to me, and to make it less detailed.
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Tue Feb 16 2010, 19:17 by quater

Yes, Ama and I often go around thumping our Bibles and when that doesn't work we burn a few crosses. That's how we roll.
    Lunami

Post Tue Feb 16 2010, 21:46 by Lunami

It's fine, it's just who the two of you are. ^^
    quater

Post Tue Feb 16 2010, 22:07 by quater

Don't worry, Lunami. We'll get the third world demons out of you sometime ^-^
    Lunami

Post Wed Feb 17 2010, 19:36 by Lunami

But I like my demons =/ They keep me company xP
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Mon Mar 01 2010, 18:28 by SickSelfishSyQo

You don't HAVE to be initiated to follow a path of Wicca. That's like saying you HAVE to be baptised to be a Christian.
    Lunami

Post Mon Jun 21 2010, 00:11 by Lunami

In the spoiler. Be careful, the link within and the content of my spoiler may have some material some of you may not be comfortable with hearing. If you're easily offended by more mature topics or adult language, don't read this.

Spoiler:

Okay! Never talking about Wicca again here.
    Banouin

Post Mon Jun 21 2010, 07:50 by Banouin

Lunami wrote:In the spoiler. Be careful, the link within and the content of my spoiler may have some material some of you may not be comfortable with hearing. If you're easily offended by more mature topics or adult language, don't read this.

Spoiler:

Okay! Never talking about Wicca again here.

I stopped reading at the sex stuff and having to be 18.

You do get that in some parts of the world you can have sex younger then 18? Right? So whats with the MUST be 18.
    Lunami

Post Mon Jun 21 2010, 11:30 by Lunami

I suppose I'm going to have to retract the not talking about it again.... http://www.avert.org/age-of-consent.htm

I'm not certain, but I'd assume that the age 18 is required as a global requirement to escape punishment by the law. I'm contacting an authority on the subject of Wica now, so I'll edit this post later when I have a reply.

Edit:
    There's more than just the age of consent being considered, here - also
    whether someone's a 'proper person'. Proper personhood includes being a
    mature adult person who takes responsibility for their own choices and
    decisions, and doesn't live under someone else's authority. Some people
    would't be proper people on that level even in their 20's. (Or older.)

Between wishing to outright avoid any issues with minors and the law,
    and wanting mature individuals, 18+ is pretty much the standard wherever
    you're looking.

The issue is with age, and maturity level. Granted, maturity has no basis in age. However, the prime requirements are maturity, and a base age of 18 to avoid the law.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 14:12