WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Random Rant

Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    A Random Rant Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100A Random Rant Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 0

A Random Rant Empty A Random Rant

Post by Destinykil

This has to do with websites in general. We all believe Chatboxes are bad for a site..however....what about a site that does extremely well with a chatbox?

Has that ever crossed any of your minds? Im not saying i want one here because i dont but its the fact of if a site can be doing really well in posting and fundamentals with a chatbox..

Are they really a killer of beginner websites?

Can they ever help?

I need answers from everyones experiences..
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Mon Sep 28 2009, 16:29 by quater

No, they can't.

A chatbox never helps. Just because a site does well with one, a chatbox always anchors them down. Take it from a 3 year site pro.
    Destinykil

Post Mon Sep 28 2009, 16:32 by Destinykil

i was hoping youd be the person to step in first.....i see what your saying....so theres no chance a suite can ever prosper with a chatbox?
    quater

Post Mon Sep 28 2009, 16:35 by quater

I've never seen any reason that a chatbox helps a site. I am sure there might be one or two or three possible scenarios out of like, the 5 million anime websites that exist in the universe, but in the grand scheme of things, they fail and fail hard. We tried em on WOTN already. Failed hard. Its what killed the site I ran before this. And its what slowly kills thousands of Naruto.

But a site can prosper with one. But it won't be helped by a chatbox. It just survives past the hindrance of Chatbox. It'd be like the motorboat still driving and pulling the anchor. Is it going places? Sho is. But is the chatbox helping? Naw. Personally the threat isn't worth it.
    Destinykil

Post Mon Sep 28 2009, 16:38 by Destinykil

Alright i see it clearly now...nice metaphor...however....how would ppl have a more direct way of cantact with a Cbox...instead of wating for a reply in a forum
    quater

Post Mon Sep 28 2009, 16:41 by quater

Post in the forums. It doesn't take that long.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Mon Sep 28 2009, 16:47 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

It depends what the prime use of a chatbox is.. and for what kind of site it is for..

Cause if you have a chatbox it makes it more of a chatroom than a forum..

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 12:47