WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
neon kun
teikiatsu
Hiro
TheFirstKnight
Sogeki Kyohaku
BlueHarmony
Rogue
amaterasu
KarateKeyaQ
Titaniumxvx
knssquad
Shugo
quater
Banouin
18 posters

Bano makes a topic.

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Empty Re: Bano makes a topic.

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:54

You said Endless we should wait for PF to see what he thinks on this. Me and him worked on the Battle System together, don't you think when we both agreed it was gonna kick some butt and we should use it, that he approved of the original idea? Regardless, I have made two, yes, two threads in the Kage's lounge addressing the Battle System, and neither has been responded too by PF. I understand he is busy, but I Think since, it's pretty obvious we didn't originally intend for turns, that we should leave them out.

Moving on. You said in Naruto people can paralyze and what not. Though this is true, people in Naruto can also do unbelievable things. Such as, advancing a Sharingan midway in battle. There is no way we can copy these types of things. So we just have to do our best. And to make a strong accountable system, turns are best thrown out. I mean really End, you keep saying strategy, but please what is one benefit to using an attack that blocks Ninjutsu for three turns, if you agree they can still attack using taijutsu because it'd be unfair to stop that as well. What is possibly gained here? And which system could be more easily corrupted?
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:57

And now with Q back, My ideas are all bad Hehehe... Q just made a post better then ALL of mine XD
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5375
    What's up Tab : My coat-tails...quit riding them.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-13

AMP
    Natural: 103
    Power: 130
    Instinct: 111

Post by Sado Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:07

It seems that this old way which has been touted as superior by the Bano/Q alliance would be kinda dull. What would the point of jutsus be if there aren't any extra benefits to them.

As I understand it, and I may be missing the point entirely here, the battles would boil down to something like this.

Person 1: I punch you

Person 2: I evade and punch you

Person 3: I evade and punch you!

Sure there might be jutsu in there, but why bother as they'd do the same thing as just a simple punch to the face and it's so much easier to just type that.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:08

To be honest. Yes.

That would be exactly the raw essence of the original battle system.

Evil Plan
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:09

Even so, Thats the way it was ment to be Sado.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:10

Well that and, why wishy washy it down? Sado is dead on. In absolute Simplicity that is what a fight could become.

Now Sado, are the fights in Naruto really all that different most of the time? IS any fight really all that different? In it's most raw form Sado?
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 3067
    What's up Tab : Lets bring this place back to life.
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-02

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:11

quater wrote:You said Endless we should wait for PF to see what he thinks on this. Me and him worked on the Battle System together, don't you think when we both agreed it was gonna kick some butt and we should use it, that he approved of the original idea? Regardless, I have made two, yes, two threads in the Kage's lounge addressing the Battle System, and neither has been responded too by PF. I understand he is busy, but I Think since, it's pretty obvious we didn't originally intend for turns, that we should leave them out.

Moving on. You said in Naruto people can paralyze and what not. Though this is true, people in Naruto can also do unbelievable things. Such as, advancing a Sharingan midway in battle. There is no way we can copy these types of things. So we just have to do our best. And to make a strong accountable system, turns are best thrown out. I mean really End, you keep saying strategy, but please what is one benefit to using an attack that blocks Ninjutsu for three turns, if you agree they can still attack using taijutsu because it'd be unfair to stop that as well. What is possibly gained here? And which system could be more easily corrupted?

Because some people will forget that the jutsu that protects there opponent from taijutsu is in effect and will use taijutsu against them, leading to no effect.
    An example would be a battle i witnessed the other day, DOS vs. Des.
    DOS's flaming sheild only burns an opponent that attacks at close range and yet, Des continued to attack at close range. Obviously not the best strategy, he easily could have leaped away from DOS and used a long distance nin or genjutsu, Instead he continued to attack at close range and was burned, he then became irritated by it and forfeited.

You say you would like to duplicate the show to your best ability and yet not only have i found a way to copy those jutsu, i found a way for them to work fairly and you disregard it.

Another thing, if you are trying to say that the battle system isn't turn based, then that in turn means that the fastest poster wins the fight. If i post 15 attacks in the time it takes my opponent to post 1, surely i will win. Those with slow computers dont stand a chance.

Also...nevermind, Sado already adressed that point.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:13

quater wrote:Well that and, why wishy washy it down? Sado is dead on. In absolute Simplicity that is what a fight could become.

Now Sado, are the fights in Naruto really all that different most of the time? IS any fight really all that different? In it's most raw form Sado?

Have you ever been in a fight? I know several ways to put someone down for good in one hit. Which isn't allowed in our battle system. I am also completely capable of dodging any and all attacks aimed toward me without an evade counter. So no, not all fights are anything close to this in their rawest form.

Sado is right, what is the point of justu if they do not have some sort of extra effect?
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:14

Endless Nothing wrote:
    quater wrote:You said Endless we should wait for PF to see what he thinks on this. Me and him worked on the Battle System together, don't you think when we both agreed it was gonna kick some butt and we should use it, that he approved of the original idea? Regardless, I have made two, yes, two threads in the Kage's lounge addressing the Battle System, and neither has been responded too by PF. I understand he is busy, but I Think since, it's pretty obvious we didn't originally intend for turns, that we should leave them out.

Because some people will forget that the jutsu that protects there opponent from taijutsu is in effect and will use taijutsu against them, leading to no effect.
    DOS's flaming sheild only burns an opponent that attacks at close range and yet, Des continued to attack at close range. Obviously not the best strategy, he easily could have leaped away from DOS and used a long distance nin or genjutsu, Instead he continued to attack at close range and was burned, he then became irritated by it and forfeited.

You say you would like to duplicate the show to your best ability and yet not only have i found a way to copy those jutsu, i found a way for them to work fairly and you disregard it.

Another thing, if you are trying to say that the battle system isn't turn based, then that in turn means that the fastest poster wins the fight. If i post 15 attacks in the time it takes my opponent to post 1, surely i will win. Those with slow computers dont stand a chance.

So, someone does somthing stupid like do somthing they know they cant do, and you call it a bad strat, I call that Stupid and no point in it, Its not a strat to say "You cant do this and this" And only stupid people would do somthing when told they cant.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:14

Endless Nothing wrote:

Yep. I go, you go, I go, you go. It's Sad, as PF said Common sense dictates you go one at a time. But there was never a single address of 3 turn bull.

Moving on, how about I just wait for Naruto to show a block jutsu? I mean, they aren't really all that common. You talk like they are in every fight. And a person can use a sheild Jutsu, but it costs them their evade. A person can keep it up three turns, deduct three evades. And they have to use another jutsu to attack, none of that one jutsu does ten things jazz.

As for the Forgetting thing, we are going to keep blocks in, not because they do any good, but because an opponent MIGHT, forget? They just on an off chance Might? That is why they should be made permanent? Are you serious?
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:16

Endless Nothing wrote:
    quater wrote:Well that and, why wishy washy it down? Sado is dead on. In absolute Simplicity that is what a fight could become.

Have you ever been in a fight? I know several ways to put someone down for good in one hit. Which isn't allowed in our battle system. I am also completely capable of dodging any and all attacks aimed toward me without an evade counter. So no, not all fights are anything close to this in their rawest form.

Sado is right, what is the point of justu if they do not have some sort of extra effect?
    Yawn

At least two fights, depends on what you count as a fight.

And yes, you are illustrating my point. When someone is STRONGER, and BETTER then their opponent, then they can take them down in LESS hits.

In a system we use we make it fair so that those in higher rank can defeat those of lower rank no?

And yeah, in it's rawest form, you wouldn't need an evade counter, because in it's rawest form, stats are apart of you. There really is no way to get better, at least on WOTN there is.
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5375
    What's up Tab : My coat-tails...quit riding them.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-13

AMP
    Natural: 103
    Power: 130
    Instinct: 111

Post by Sado Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:16

Hurray, my summarizing powers are still fairly sharp despite not using them in a long time.

And no real fights probably aren't much different than that, Naruto fights are different as you yourself pointed out in an earlier post, different in a way that we can't match due to mid-battle power increases and the like.

But I can't imagine the battle arena being frequented by...well anyone if it went back to this way you speak of now, because I only typed it three times and I'm already tired of writing and reading "I punch at you" which is quite honestly all I'd do in the system because it takes so much less time to do that than pick a jutsu to use for the situation and copy that in.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:18

Sado wrote:Hurray, my summarizing powers are still fairly sharp despite not using them in a long time.

And no real fights probably aren't much different than that, Naruto fights are different as you yourself pointed out in an earlier post, different in a way that we can't match due to mid-battle power increases and the like.

But I can't imagine the battle arena being frequented by...well anyone if it went back to this way you speak of now, because I only typed it three times and I'm already tired of writing and reading "I punch at you" which is quite honestly all I'd do in the system because it takes so much less time to do that than pick a jutsu to use for the situation and copy that in.

Yep. Which is why I do agree we need to return to fixxing the battle Arena.

But that ended, because no one was following the original rules (And some of the other kage's are to slow).
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:20

Sado wrote:Hurray, my summarizing powers are still fairly sharp despite not using them in a long time.

As it stands, this may be made into a Naruto Rpg, But As it is, Q and PF MADE the BS AND they have the call of what its like, All of the fighters took that and did what they wanted with it. That is Wrong, Even if made to be more fun, Its not there call.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:23

quater wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:

Yawn

And yes, you are illustrating my point. When someone is STRONGER, and BETTER then their opponent, then they can take them down in LESS hits.

In a system we use we make it fair so that those in higher rank can defeat those of lower rank no?

And yeah, in it's rawest form, you wouldn't need an evade counter, because in it's rawest form, stats are apart of you. There really is no way to get better, at least on WOTN there is.

I wouldn't say i was stronger than some, and only better in most cases.

And yes i think it should be allowed 'for the sole fact that people might forget' because people do it quite a bit more often than you think. Even i have done it from time to time and i doubt you would call me 'stupid' by any means. If you would take a gander in the arena from time to time you would see it for yourself.

Also, i realize i may be coming off as rude or it may appear that i am 'attacking' you so for that i apologize.

Last edited by Endless Nothing on Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:26; edited 1 time in total
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:24

Ok New post. If you all found the BS to be so "Unfun" You should have gone to Pf and Q and told them so. Talking it out with them, But no you did not do this. You went and made your OWN things and made it into what you wanted. If you had gone to Pf and Q, They would not have minded it and even LET you do it making it fair.
    teikiatsu
    teikiatsu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 2871
    What's up Tab : i exist to make people feel better about themselves
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 7 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-13

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: 35
    Instinct: 35

Post by teikiatsu Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:27

well my usual tactic didnt work so~
    im sorry to anyone ioffended by being random de gozaru
    and you should never take me seriously de gozaru
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:28

Banouin wrote:Ok New post. If you all found the BS to be so "Unfun" You should have gone to Pf and Q and told them so. Talking it out with them, But no you did not do this. You went and made your OWN things and made it into what you wanted. If you had gone to Pf and Q, They would not have minded it and even LET you do it making it fair.

Based on how strongly Q is defending the idea of leaving it out completely, i highly doubt that.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:29

Endless Nothing wrote:
    Banouin wrote:Ok New post. If you all found the BS to be so "Unfun" You should have gone to Pf and Q and told them so. Talking it out with them, But no you did not do this. You went and made your OWN things and made it into what you wanted. If you had gone to Pf and Q, They would not have minded it and even LET you do it making it fair.

How strongly Q is defending the idea of leaving it out completely, i highly doubt that.

End, No that is Words from Q, He told me to post it over Aim. Its not the fact that you did it, Its that you WENT behind there backs to do so.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:29

Endless Nothing wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:

Yawn

And yes i think it should be allowed for the sole fact that people 'might' forget for the sole fact that people do it quite a bit more often than you think. Even i have done it from time to time and i doubt you would call me 'stupid' by any means. If you would take a gander in the arena from time to time you would see it for yourself.

Also, i realize i may be coming off as rude or it may appear that i am 'attacking' you so for that i apologize.

Then maybe we will consider it.

I mean, to be honest, I am not even opposed to the ideas of these jutsus.

What is bugging me, and what is making it unfair and as Bano addressed, it was never in the original Battle System, these rules were made up out of the street and were never intended. We could add them, but as of right now they are all: Illegal Jutsu! ^_^

To be honest, I don't care if you think I spend to little time in the battle arena or not. Part of the goal of our system is that I could start tommorrow, read the rules, and be able to fight as competently as the next guy, or as be able to do somewhat well. Not have a world of complex jutsu and unknown sense. Plus, noffense, but not only am I a horrid fighter, but I also really see no point in fighting, as a Kage. And since there is no point in it, I just as soon run Sand and work on getting the site material benefits and recruits or keep the bar active or make myself an ava (Hey I am greedy) Or theorize, or, do somethin in teh RL with a friend.

So you can say it and shout it I can take it ^_^
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:30

Banouin wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:

How strongly Q is defending the idea of leaving it out completely, i highly doubt that.

End, No that is Words from Q, He told me to post it over Aim. Its not the fact that you did it, Its that you WENT behind there backs to do so.

It's not even that. It's just that it contradicts the current system! To do it right we should have just been notified so we could have added it and kept the balances of things we wanted balance. We would have done it FOR your benefit. The way it was done just created what we have, a lot of confused chaos. With me saying the Battle arena works this way, you saying it works this way, and Pf saying nothing Xp
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:32

teikiatsu wrote:
    well my usual tactic didnt work so~
    im sorry to anyone ioffended by being random de gozaru
    and you should never take me seriously de gozaru

Haha no big Tei it just seemed mean so we were calling you out ^_^

So no big E here
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:37

quater wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:

Yawn

And yes i think it should be allowed for the sole fact that people 'might' forget for the sole fact that people do it quite a bit more often than you think. Even i have done it from time to time and i doubt you would call me 'stupid' by any means. If you would take a gander in the arena from time to time you would see it for yourself.

What is bugging me, and what is making it unfair and as Bano addressed, it was never in the original Battle System, these rules were made up out of the street and were never intended. We could add them, but as of right now they are all: Illegal Jutsu! ^_^

To be honest, I don't care if you think I spend to little time in the battle arena or not. Part of the goal of our system is that I could start tommorrow, read the rules, and be able to fight as competently as the next guy, or as be able to do somewhat well. Not have a world of complex jutsu and unknown sense. Plus, noffense, but not only am I a horrid fighter, but I also really see no point in fighting, as a Kage. And since there is no point in it, I just as soon run Sand and work on getting the site material benefits and recruits or keep the bar active or make myself an ava (Hey I am greedy) Or theorize, or, do somethin in teh RL with a friend.

If that is truly the case then i whole heartedly apologize for going behind your back to establish something that was not there in the begining.
    I realize it has caused trouble, but no more trouble than the newcomer that just tried to post a jutsu that took the rest of his life in order for him to explode. I have a feeling he expected it to injure his opponent greatly.
    As i have said before, all of the rules already set in place are just as easily abused as any i am putting up for consideration. In which case adding this would not make the system any easier to corrupt than before.
    Simple things amuse simple minds. I was merely trying to make the battling system more enjoyable for everyone.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:40

Endless Nothing wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:

Yawn

If that is truly the case then i whole heartedly apologize for going behind your back to establish something that was not there in the begining.
    I realize it has caused trouble, but no more trouble than the newcomer that just tried to post a jutsu that took the rest of his life in order for him to explode. I have a feeling he expected it to injure his opponent greatly.
    As i have said before, all of the rules already set in place are just as easily abused as any i am putting up for consideration. In which case adding this would not make the system any easier to corrupt than before.
    Simple things amuse simple minds. I was merely trying to make the battling system more enjoyable for everyone.

And thats one thing, People not doing what the rules tell them, Yes they are able to do that with anything, But somthing should be done about it, tell them its wrong tell them whats right and if they keep doing it, Somthing more should be done.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:41

Banouin wrote:And thats one thing, People not doing what the rules tell them, Yes they are able to do that with anything, But somthing should be done about it, tell them its wrong tell them whats right and if they keep doing it, Somthing more should be done.

And if we were to incorporate the rule i already posted we could do the exact same thing with it.

However, as it is mandated, so it shall be.
    All Long term jutsu regarding Shielding or Paralyzation are from this point until notified otherwise, Illegal.

Last edited by Endless Nothing on Fri Jun 06 2008, 21:43; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 05:53