WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
neon kun
teikiatsu
Hiro
TheFirstKnight
Sogeki Kyohaku
BlueHarmony
Rogue
amaterasu
KarateKeyaQ
Titaniumxvx
knssquad
Shugo
quater
Banouin
18 posters

Bano makes a topic.

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Empty Re: Bano makes a topic.

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:12

Endless Nothing wrote:My point was, it seems to me the problem started before it began. Q and PF had two different ideas about how the battle systems should work from the start.

I disagree.

I think PF, to keep up with the current system, created that jutsu. When PF and I originally made it, turns were never in the making. They never even came up. Because we both knew, that if it did, we would have to approve all the freedoming jutsu. Way to much work.

That jutsu I would bet, and PF will prove me wrong, came along a while afterward, closer to the present when turns just became a way of life in the system. PF correct me if I am wrong but I can't recall a single AIM between us where the word turn was used.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 3067
    What's up Tab : Lets bring this place back to life.
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-02

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:14

Banouin wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:
    Edited

If someone is paralyzed physically they should still be able to use Chakra based attacks. Where as if their chakra is blocked, then they still have Taijutsu and weaponry. Also keep in mind any of these moves can be evaded.
    Same goes with sheilds, a shield that protects against chakra would not protect against physical attacks, and vice-versa.
    The turn system is just a means of determining how long the effects last.

Ok, For one let me say End, I rly like you And I hate to stand up to people I like. Moving on, The thing of it was, There was never ment to be "Sheilds" and people to be able to "Paralyzed" This Is what I was talking about. They were not what Pf and Q wanted and to have them is making the BS what you want it to be, the point to this topic was to get back to what Pf and Q wanted it to be like. There was never ment to be a turn system, so in that, there cant be sheilds that go "You cant hit me with his kind of move" Thats just not the way things were wanted to be.

I was responding to this statement. Pf obviously did want there to be sheilds. And another thing, it is hard to 'strategize' without these things. Without sheilds or paralysis the person with more stats and a higher rank always wins. Q, you dont fight in the arena and Bano only started recently. Neither of you have any idea how....boring for lack of a better word the fights would be if that were the case.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:16

quater wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:My point was, it seems to me the problem started before it began. Q and PF had two different ideas about how the battle systems should work from the start.

I disagree.

I think PF, to keep up with the current system, created that jutsu. When PF and I originally made it, turns were never in the making. They never even came up. Because we both knew, that if it did, we would have to approve all the freedoming jutsu. Way to much work.

That jutsu I would bet, and PF will prove me wrong, came along a while afterward, closer to the present when turns just became a way of life in the system. PF correct me if I am wrong but I can't recall a single AIM between us where the word turn was used.

Thats what I am trying to get at, People just went along with it without even trying to stop it..and there is still the fact that people misues the BS to Godmod and are called "Good fighters" (I will not use names) And not all the good fighters are god mods.
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP

Post by Destinykil Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:16

hmmm.....what ever shall we do
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:18

Endless Nothing wrote:
    Banouin wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:
    Edited

If someone is paralyzed physically they should still be able to use Chakra based attacks. Where as if their chakra is blocked, then they still have Taijutsu and weaponry. Also keep in mind any of these moves can be evaded.
    Same goes with sheilds, a shield that protects against chakra would not protect against physical attacks, and vice-versa.

Ok, For one let me say End, I rly like you And I hate to stand up to people I like. Moving on, The thing of it was, There was never ment to be "Sheilds" and people to be able to "Paralyzed" This Is what I was talking about. They were not what Pf and Q wanted and to have them is making the BS what you want it to be, the point to this topic was to get back to what Pf and Q wanted it to be like. There was never ment to be a turn system, so in that, there cant be sheilds that go "You cant hit me with his kind of move" Thats just not the way things were wanted to be.

I was responding to this statement. Pf obviously did want there to be sheilds. And another thing, it is hard to 'strategize' without these things. Without sheilds or paralysis the person with more stats and a higher rank always wins. Q, you dont fight in the arena and Bano only started recently. Neither of you have any idea how....boring for lack of a better word the fights would be if that were the case.

Is that not how it was ment to be, If you outrank someone, yes you should have the win, I do give you it may be hard to strategize, But To say "I a genin Will make it where you cant move when you are so higher in rank then me and its the only way I can win."
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:19

Endless Nothing wrote:
    Banouin wrote:
    Endless Nothing wrote:
    Edited

Since we are underlining.

Yep, you see it now don't you? I am not trying to be sarcastic here, but you do see how it came up and why it's wrong no?

I am sure sheilds and turns were originally made with good intentions, surely not by people trying to give themself an edge. But you can't see how an unregulated use of turns and sheilds was obviously going to create problems?

And for the World, PF and I inspected every aspect carefully. He never said Sheilds or Blocks or Turns, had he I would have had to written up a system of rules for those too. Because unregulated you get, stupidity. PF had hope in the ability of users using common sense. I agree, but let's give their common sense a general direction in this case.

Plus End, you are forgetting the Coup De Graw. A limited ranked ninja CAN Beat a stronger one? Know why?
    We implemented something called, stats.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:21

Actually that thread had been there long before i joined a little less than a year ago. When i joined, hardly anyone fought at all and those that did had no paralytic or shield jutsu. I was, if not the first, one of the first to impliment the idea.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:22

Endless Nothing wrote:Actually that thread had been there long before i joined a little less than a year ago. When i joined, hardly anyone fought at all and those that did had no paralytic or shield jutsu. I was, if not the first, one of the first to impliment the idea.

What thread? If you are reffering to the Sheild Jutsu, I am guessing he, edited it in?

As for you implementing it. I long guessed to be honest it was you or Ren.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:27

I do see you point Q. But it is easy to make a rule for.

No technique of any kind, jutsu or otherwise is capable of lasting more than 3 turns and may not impare completely a persons ability to attack or to receive damage.

How is that?

By the way i meant the thread in which that jutsu is posted. And even if it was edited in it was still there before my arrival.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:30

Actually Endless I will clear up why you think that jutsu is legal.

The jutsu was edited in by PF, in August 4. You're thinking "Woah that is early stuff!"

The battle System itself was posted in September 29.

So what I am saying is PF was just messing around with ideas that were way before the Battle System. If he had really wanted Turns and the lot, he would have implemented them in then.

And No Endless, I think dropping them completely would be better. Look at what happened to Darkflame. He got Excoriated, by you for misusing the jutsu no? Well, that is just gonna keep happening, and is still happening rampantly.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:33

Not to try to sound like a ass, But My posts seem to have been looked over. I think even if my points are not the best, they should still be talked about..
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:35

Alright, but before we do rid the site of sheilds and paralytic jutsu, i would like to get PF's input. As of right now we are both merely assuming what he was thinking and i would like to know exactly what his thoughts are on this topic.
    Can we agree on that?
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:38

man, go Quater

also i stand for the old system without turns
    it made more sense to me

and i don't understnad these sheilds at all, a ninj amust paralyse their enemy?
    they must protect themselves with sheilds?
    thats a bunch of bullfrogs right there

i say ban thoses because a really ninja would take damage

also its helps prevent GOd-modding
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:41

Wow.....Wtf...When I was making the SAME points..and you said you did not get it...
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Bano makes a topic. - Page 6 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:47

so this is where i posted it

thanks for posting banouin
    otherwise i would have not been able to come back
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 19:55

Im going to have to bring up the fact that in Naruto they do have sheilds and paralytic jutsu, we are basing it off of Naruto correct? Making the battles seem like we are "real" ninja was never an issue.

I would also like to state that, the 'Excoriating' of those who do not follow the rules of the system is part of my job.
    If it werent for that, my job would consist of nothing more than the locking and moving of threads, and since the only way to gain stats is to PM one of you kage, then i would have to wait until i was sure they had done so and by then you could already have the thread locked and moved yourselves.
    So if we were to make a rule for the use of the jutsu in question and place it in public for all to see, the only people that would break it are those who have not read the rules. And since we have to deal with these people already, and it is my job to deal with them, then why would it matter if we added one more simple rule? It would be no more difficult to enforce than the all projectiles deal 5 damage rule.

Last edited by Endless Nothing on Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:03; edited 1 time in total
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:02

I should rly back down but, Ok End, yes your right its ment to be like naruto, but the fact is that the BS was made by Q and Pf and they made it into what they wanted, From what Q says (i rly dont know where pf stands) There was never ment to be like that. Yes we could add a new rule, but we could just as well do with out and play the way it was ment to be. As I have said does it seem right that A say A genin can do "I make it where you cant do so and so bc I say so" To one of higher rank, same goes for a chuunin.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:09

It can be evaded no? And if a genin were to use such a jutsu against a chuunin the chuunin starts the match with more evades and should be able to dodge. If the genin had managed to force the chuunin to use all of their evades before the use of said jutsu, then i call it good strategy.
    Besides if we put the limits stated in the rule i posted above, you would still be capable of attacking in some form or fashion regardless and since your rank damage is higher then their's, what does it matter?

Also, what is wrong with change? I've always lived by 'adapt and overcome', i could be wrong but if it werent for our ability to adapt we would not exist.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:14

Evades can be made up By stats End, In fact it all can. Just to say "They made them use all there evades" Is not all good see as even a genin can hold more then A chuunin givin the stats. Even giving it limits, The thing of it is, people will still misuse this and Godmod there way to a win.

I find nothing wrong with change, but there is no change here, Its always been the way it is, To change would be to use it the way it was ment to be. "Adapt and overcome" I like it, but it can be used like this, Adapt and overcome the fight with the way Pf and Q have it now. <- that is a lil stupid, Lol but anyway.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:41

One could misuse the rules already set in place just as easily. You can not stop a person from god-moding if they want to. But if what they are doing is against a rule that has been publicized then they are obviously wrong and everyone will know it but them.

If a genin has more (fairly gained) stats than a chuunin, shame on the chuunin. He should try harder to gain more.
    If the genin wins in that case they deserved to.
    The genin would have forced the chuunin to use all of there evades first due to a good strategy. That is not to say the chuunin is incapable of doing the same to a genin with more evades.
    The Shields and Paralytic jutsu work both ways, not just for those with lower rank.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:45

Your right, If they win fairly let them, I am all for it BUT let them win the way it was ment for them to do so by no Shields or paralyitc Jutsu. TELL the others that they cant do that and there we go, ITs gone for good. I see all the time "I put this up, and it uses only one evade but lasts for as long as i say" And I think its so Bs.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:48

That would be the reason for the no more than 3 turns. And remember they would still be vulnerable to some sort of attack at any given time with the rule set in place.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:50

I do get what you are saying End, I rly do, But it would just be the same to go back to the way it was ment to be.
    Endless Nothing
    Endless Nothing
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Endless Nothing Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:52

Right, right. I understand and if it is decided that we are to get rid of the jutsu then we shall. However, I would still like to see PF's point of veiw beforehand.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Banouin Fri Jun 06 2008, 20:53

Your right, As I said I dont know where Pf stands on all this, I just seen somthing wanted to give my points.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 10:05