WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Anime/manga list of SSS

SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Anime/manga list of SSS Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Anime/manga list of SSS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Anime/manga list of SSS Empty Anime/manga list of SSS

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Fri Sep 24 2010, 03:30

So as it turns out, I've got a pretty long anime/manga list. I kept it down to the ones I thought worth mentioning, and the ones I could remember ^^ Since I'm pretty sure I can't correctly put them in the order I watched them, I'll do this alphabetically. The ones with pictures are some of my particular favorites.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_b3ccc0dc74444752a51495c66412ca87
    ~Angel Sanctuary
    I read the manga for this one. It's pretty awesome but it's somewhat confusing to follow at first. It could definitely be considered controversial ^^

~ Alichino - It's only a manga, I believe, but the art is amazing and the storyline original.

~ Ayashi no Ceres - Seeing the main character plunge herself into miserabe situation after miserable situation kept me entertained as I read my was through this very girlish manga.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_d37a217f2e05443f91993dcbbd56e644
    ~ Bleach - Most of you are pretty familiar with this anime. I haven't seen a whole lot of recent episodes but this anime starts off with epic potential.

~ Blood + - What's not to love about a middle school girl being thrown into bloody chaos??

~ Burst Angel - I watched this because a friend said I should. It was ok, lots of action but I fould the story lacking, maybe.

~ Chobits - Oh, the cuteness. Oh, the tension. This was another one on the suggestion of a friend. It's not too bad. But it's not too good, either.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_a15efd606ea24af4a16480fde8b6f738
    ~ Code Geass - I would like to take the time to recommend this one. It presents all around satisfaction in what you want from an anime.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_22985f92765e4f7f82d0192dc68a4979
    ~ Cowboy Bebop - This is a very popular anime, and there's a good reason. It's not very long. Definitely watch it if you have the chance.

~ Dance in The Vampire Bund - Vampires. That makes it at least worth a check-out?? It's an interesting story, short and to the point.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_0e28613b2a3147259b2b64b79a89a182
    ~ Darker Than Black - This is pretty high up there on my list! There's two sequel series, but their level of goodness steadily declines, sadly. Don't let that deter you from watching the first season, though!

Anime/manga list of SSS L_01825a52d75247609d29e879de033a21
    ~ Deathnote - What can I say?? It was a new concept, and it was done well by talented people. I haven't seen all of the anime, but I read the manga and they don't seem to be that different (maybe I just haven't gotten that far??)

~ Demon Diary - A somewhat entertaining manga.

~ Descendants of Darkness - I've seen the anime and read as much of the manga as is out. The manga is much better, and the english dubbed anime is just..well, not good.

~ Dragonball(Z) - I have yet to watch this all the way through, but the random arcs I've seen make me want to see it in it's entirety someday

Anime/manga list of SSS L_b2c262c8df61412790013f25c33638e8
    ~ Durarara - I really really liked this one a lot. Like Q mentioned on his list - it's the characters that make up the show, they're all so individual and as you progress through the series you see how they're all connected. Watch this one, yo.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_98f48a8692834ffd9d557d875ee4a026
    ~ Eden of the East - I think Ama mentioned this one, and it turned out to be really good. Unfortunately it was quite short, and it left you feeling like there were loose ends. But I think I read somethign about a movie that's supposed to take place after...

Anime/manga list of SSS L_c048975505bb4a1895c7b7ff751bfdac
    ~ Fooly Cooly - This is a weird one, folks. I didn't really get it until I watched it through the second time ^^ But it was worth it. It even has an awesome soundtrack.

~ Fruits Basket - The manga is much different than the anime, but they're both good

Anime/manga list of SSS L_1d66d621a9e745c49f2d9b7a808bdad9
    ~ Fullmetal Alchemist(Brotherhood) - The original anime series came out and I loved it. Then I started reading the manga and wondered why it was so different, but I loved the manga equally. Then the amazing FMA Brotherhood came out, and I was so glad I watched it. It was better than the original. This series even has a good movie (conqueror of Shamballa) which is something of a rarity for anime. As an added bonus, they both have good soundtracks.

~ Ghost in The Shell - This is good. It makes you think. I guess it might be considered deep??

Anime/manga list of SSS L_55724f368b124a86a930b42bfceb5fce
    ~ Hana Kimi - Who doesn't love cross-dressing girls?? This is only a manga, and it's not totally an original concept, but it's funny and ironic. I liked it.

~ Hakuouki: Shinsengumi Kitan - I think Ama suggested this one, too. And since I like the Shinsengumi I checked it out. Apparently it's a video game adaption.

~ Hellsing - I don't know why I didn't get a picture for this one. It should have a picture. Oh well, I'm not going back now.

~ Hetalia - This one maybe should have a picture, too.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_80195391ac9149238665e3913449dfce
    ~ Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Or maybe "when the cicadas cry" something like that. This anime is creepy and a bit bloody. It's a bit odd too, but it's original, and definfitely worth seeing.

~ Highschool of The Dead - Zombies and gratuitous fanservice. Watch it.

~ Inuyasha - Worth a mention. It's long and I got lost along the road. But it's a typical shounen anime/manga done well.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_1e1c079fc26541b9aacc431850d28e55
    ~ Kaze Hikaru - Another Shinsengumi related manga. And there's cross-dressing!

~ Letter bee (tegami Bachi) - Not too bad. But it was just something to do to fill time for me, really.

~ Loveless - Shounen ai with a decent plot.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_14533935c3204550b8bbe3f5dd09c90f
    ~ Nabari No Ou - Modern ninja. But man, the end...

~ Naruto - I don't feel like I can say anything we don't already know ^^

~ Neon Genesis Evangelion - This one's pretty abstract, too, and the main character's a bit whiney. It's a good anime

Anime/manga list of SSS L_3a66d52aa5de4860bda40e713ef1daf4
    ~ One Piece - One of my favorite anime, and I thought I'd hate it ^^ It's really long, but worth sticking out.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_76b09751b5da43b29e91146c87bb9c8b
    ~ Ouran Highschool Host Club - So girly. But it's funny and quite entertaining. I ended up liking it a lot.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_6c281bf5273240c882b14741bc626594
    ~ Paranoia Agent - By far, one of the strangest anime I've seen. It has an amazing soundtrack. Once you figure out what's really happening it makes more sense, but only a bit.

~ Ragnarok - Not the anime. There's a manga based on old Norse legends and whatnot. Lots of action

~ Ranma 1/2 - Classic. Gender bending martial arts.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_80affbefcb274e9984df004638e93330
    ~ Ruroni Kenshin - I would recommend both the anime and the manga (more the manga, though). It's a little corny and made in maybe the early 90's but it's a good one.

~ S-Cry-ed - Not bad. I don't remember a lot of it though, so....

Anime/manga list of SSS L_0b94f23734ed42789a170a281d6fc165
    ~ Saiyuki - Read the manga, don't bother with the anime.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_f386c9dbeaf8426b835c5e88d4524307
    ~ Samurai Champloo - You must see it. The art is amazing, the soundtrack rocks, the storyline is compelling and the end is even satisfactory. Another good anime with a good soundtrack.

~ Samurai Deeper Kyo - I've only read about half of the manga, but I'd like to finish it eventually.

Anime/manga list of SSS L_118073ddb303409ca4bb071b4fd7e34e
    ~ Soul Eater - This is another one you should definitely see. It's thouroughly entertaining.

~ Trigun - The anime and manga are very different but both worth looking at.

~ Trinity Blood - I like this one and hope to see the rest of it.

~ Vampire knight - explores the fangirl side of vampirism.

~ Vassalord - Manga only, I think. Shounen ai-ish?? But lot's of violence and such ^^

~ Witch Hunter Robin - This is another good one that maybe should have had a picture... This anime is kind of dark, I suppose

~ Wolfs rain - I think it's kinda short... It was good enough to probably want to watch again at some point in the future

~ Yu Yu Hakusho - The first anime I ever really got into and bought. I like it a lot, even though it's on the older side.

~ Zombie Powder - A 4 volume manga series. Not too bad, not amazing.

That concludes my list!
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    Anime/manga list of SSS Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Anime/manga list of SSS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Anime/manga list of SSS Empty Re: Anime/manga list of SSS

Post by quater Fri Sep 24 2010, 16:20

I find it interesting you read Zombie Powder, considering it was written by the author of Bleach before he started Bleach.

"One of my favorite anime, and I thought I'd hate it " I am pretty sure that's what everyone thinks of One Piece going in ^^

Woooow you've seen a ton of series SSS. But now I have some good SSS certified suggestions to go looking into ^^
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    Anime/manga list of SSS Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Anime/manga list of SSS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Sat Sep 25 2010, 04:09

Yeah, I saw a chapter of it in some magazine, and when I went to the store to buy books they didn't have the one I really wanted, so I got Zombie Powder instead. It was totally a chance find ^^

Good, I hope I inspired your search.
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Anime/manga list of SSS Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Anime/manga list of SSS Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

Post by Lunami Sat Sep 25 2010, 07:43

Angel Sanctuary. I loved that!
    Shame the OVA isn't longer... but it was only meant to promote the manga anyway...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 03:09