WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Q's Anime and Manga List~

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Q's Anime and Manga List~  Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Q's Anime and Manga List~  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Empty Q's Anime and Manga List~

Post by quater Thu Sep 23 2010, 01:07

I kind of wanted to make a Manga and Anime List. You know the ones on those websites? Well, this is mine, I guess. I just wanted to put it here because! I'm going to do my best to keep the series in order of when I saw them, but some of these were so long ago I really don't know the exact time. Also, these series are completed animes and mangas. Or ones I am up to date on. I want to see the series you've seen and ratings and stuff, so feel free to make your own threads too!

Technically I count the first anime I watched as One Piece, though I did start watching Yugi-oh before. But I stopped after about 30 episodes, tired of it, and I never even knew what it was. I just thought it was a cartoon, like Xiaolin Showdown, and considering how unloyal to it I was, you can be the judge. If I had to rate it, it'd be a 3 at its best. (I know some people loved it, but I came in at a weird time and left at a weird time)

1. One Piece

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Hs2uk3

The first Anime I watched, if you discount Teen Titans (which people do). It was dubbed when I first watched it. A huge difference, believe me. Without a doubt, this anime is the top of the line. All other Animes should wish to emulate it. It is 5/5 in my book. It is over 467 episodes. I've been caught up since episode 370 or so 2 years ago. One of the only series I ever rewatched. The only one I ever rewatched only subbed. It's really old, too. Been running since like, 1997, so it changes a lot from the early ones to now. But it's awesome and totally worth it. (2005)

10 stars

Started: Fall of 9th grade
    2. Naruto

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Naruto

Oh Naruto. Naruto is a real disappointment, and the reason is because it started so well. The series was originally a really good one, in fact, my favorite when I first started watching Anime. Good art, about a 9 on story most of the time. It seemed like Naruto was forever, and I wasn't alone. But that was a ways ago. Shippuden brought about Naruto's end. I stand by that. The art enhanced, but the soundtrack died and the story went everywhere. Now it's not even worth the time to read it, yet I still do. But I don't watch it anymore. Stopped about half a year ago. Just can't anymore. Still, this was the first series I started watching online. (2005)

3 stars (and dropping) 9 stars if you never go on to Shippuden.
    Started: Fall of 9th grade

3. Bleach

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Characters-in-Bleach_1024_768

Yep, all three of the Big three Animes and Mangas were my first three watches. I remember watching Bleach and thinking it'd be bad, but it was actually pretty good. Bleach has the same fate as Naruto, being epic for a long time but slowly losing it's goodness. However it hasn't fallen near as hard as Naruto for me, and it still has redemptive chances left in it. The fact the series is based off the Bible helps, though the fact that the series had one battle last 2 and a half years for me did not. Oh well. It's still a classic and was an amazingly good series up until after Ichigo's fight with Grimmjaw in my opinion. (2006)

7 stars (mostly saved by it's early days)
    Started: Christmas of ninth grade

4. Deathnote

Q's Anime and Manga List~  DeathNote03

Deathnote was the first series I finished, I think. Cause the aforementioned haven't ended. I feel like I may of started and stopped a few no good ones here and there, but Deathnote was the next one. I remember watching it as it first started coming out. A really great series, that got slow at parts, then picked up. I really liked the ending to it, even though a lot of the fans didn't. A worthy series in my opinion. But most people already know all about it. So I am not clueing them in here. (2007)

9 Stars

Started: Fall of tenth grade

5. Full Metal Alchemist (the original)

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Full_metal_alchemist

I was totally in love with this series. I watched nearly the entire thing in a few weeks, and put school on hold for it. Big mistake, but it was the beginning of the year. I still love the soundtrack, and would argue it is possibly one of the best soundtracks of all time ever composed. However, the original is not comparable to Brotherhood on story. Originally it'd be an 8.5, but thanks to Brotherhood it's been realigned to a solid 6. (2007)

6 Stars

Started: Fall of eleventh grade

6. Avatar the Last Airbender

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Avatar-the-last-airbender_480x270

Many people don't consider avatar the last Air bender an Anime, and are right in doing so. I do not really care, however. I like it and consider it such. Though I watched Avatar throughout the years it was one, I guess Eleventh grade was where I got into it, because that's when it finished so I had a full series to watch at that point. I did. It was good. I rewatched it again after that atrocious movie came out. Yikes. Seriously. (2007)

8 stars

Started: Eleventh grade is when it got real or so.

During the summer going into 12th grade I finished catching up in One Piece. This is very important because after catching up in One Piece my Anime watching sky rocketed.

7. Get Backers

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Get%20Backers

To this day I have no idea whatsoever what came over me to watch this series. It just happened, I think because One Piece went on Christmas break so I was without. Whatever happened, I watched it. Overall, not bad, though I was happy when I finally finished it. It had one really brilliant arc, and one really brilliant character. Otherwise, it was just so-so. One of the main character's names was Bano. I thought that was funny. Akabane was the most enjoyable part, but most people agree that he made the series. He walked around in an over coat, had a huge black hat, and was way too cool for words. He had knives that popped out of his hands and used them to fight. The best part in the series is when the Lightning King gives it all he has against this guy, the two of them fighting both at 100% was amazing. I made an avatar of it. Still, the rest of the series falls in comparison. (2009)

7 Stars

Started: Christmas of my 12th grade year

8. Soul Eater

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Soul_Eater_Wallpaper_by_RedSuzaku

An amazing series! I picked it because of it's name, to be honest. Sounded neat. I was surprised to see how great it would end up being. I loved it. Death the Kid is one of the greatest characters. And the author combined expertly fun fighting with really good comedy and storyline. Dr. Stein, too. And Shinigami sama and Maka's dad. Heck, there was a lot to love about this series. The anime quickly quit following the Manga, which I think hurt it, but other than that a great series. I still read the Manga when it comes out, though I never really caught up in it so I never know what's going on. My hope is they do with it what they did with Full Metal Alchemist. This series does not disappoint. (2009)

9 Stars

Started: Spring of my 12th grade year

9. Axis Powers Hetalia

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Aph___viva_hetalia_by_dreamertakako1

This series is insane. Not to be taken seriously at all. It has some really funny historical satire and is a really entertaining series at times. I found myself laughing a lot. However, each episode is about five minutes long, and the second season was not nearly as good as the first, in my opinion. Many people say it is very yaoi, but I never caught any of it. Still, it was a lot of fun to watch. I started it and watched it sometime during my twelfth grade year, but when exactly is a bit of a mystery to me. (2009)

7 Stars

Started: End of Spring of 12th grade year, I think.

At this point I also rewatched One Piece. I would afterward rewatch Bleach dubbed into the fall of my freshman year in college while doing homework because it was something to do.

10. Bakuman

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Bakuman

After hearing about this series from Amaterasu, I started it. A great series. Truly love it. Still do. It's only a Manga, but an Anime should be out in a few weeks I think. Cannot wait. It was created by the authors of Deathnote. It is nothing like you'd expect, however it's still genius. Suspense is it's design and it keeps it going really well. I am happy I read it. I can't wait to see how it ends. I feel, sadly, that it is going to be meeting that fate soon. (2009)

9 Stars

Started: Fall of Freshman year

11. Psyren

Q's Anime and Manga List~  42650291

Psyren is really good, and gets no credit for it. In fact, it might be axed, sadly. It is arguably the potential to replace Bleach, but I don't think it will ever happen. Better put together storyline and a really interesting series, I think. Psyren is just fun and I like it. It starts out dark but gets slowly more bright and awesome! It's sadly only a Manga, and no Anime seems to be forthcoming. In fact, it may never happen. It's a shame this series didn't get more popular, and I'll never know why it didn't. But that is it's fate. (2009)

8.5 Stars

Started: Fall of freshman year in college.

12. Samurai Champloo

Q's Anime and Manga List~  5blarge5d5banimepaper5dwallpapers_samurai-champloo_helix-designs1_6__thisres__53254

Technically I started this series in my tenth grade year, I only got a short ways into it before stopping. No idea why I did that. I picked it up again middle of my Freshman year in College because I direly needed something to keep me going (For you see, there was no more One Piece during the Christmas break for 3 weeks). I liked it, and it's classic in Anime, well known. The intro is one of the best of all Anime intros, too. Still, it's older, and at times it felt like I was working to watch it. Overall, great, and Mugen and Jin are ingenius characters. But short. (2010)

8 Stars

Started: We'll say I seriously started it Freshman year in College, halfway through (ended it then too. Took me 3 days or so to watch).

13. Code Geass: Lelouch of The Rebellion (both seasons)

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Code-geass-r

What makes this series so excellent is it has all the intelligence of Deathnote, and all the suspense of a regular fighting series. It also has the soundtrack of a genius. And a very compelling storyline, because who doesn't love a good series about rebels taking on the man? And Lelouch is a fun character, and the mystery and intrigue of the nobility. It all plays to make a really excellent show. Both seasons of it. And the art and episodes are all masterfully done, so I even found myself quite enjoying the filler. The ending too, was perfect. Although if you know both series that I said had perfect endings well, you probably are wondering what is up with me. Good question. Anyway, only dislike is it could be very ecchi. (2010)

9.5 stars

Started: Midway through my Freshman year of College (again, One Piece was on Hiatus and it was actually a week after Samurai Champloo was ended.)

14. Cage Of Eden

Q's Anime and Manga List~  129510-eden1_000_large

This series is based around the TV Show lost. But it goes more into the Ancient crazy Island theme, and is more interesting. Students fighting against ancient monsters. I like it. Anyway, it's a good series, although warning: Very very ecchi. That is the part I dislike about it most. That and it's still only an Anime. I'd like to see it reach Anime level someday. I think it'd be a fun one to watch and look out for. Still the art isn't the best and the storyline isn't just there yet. I feel like it's got a good start, but a ways to go. Still I always am excited when a new chapter is out because it is always a good read. (2010)

7 Stars

Started: Midway through Freshman year of College

15. Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood

Q's Anime and Manga List~  FMA-Brotherhood-full-metal-alchemist-7982870-1024-768

This series gets its own title because of how different both Animes really are. And this one is definitely superior on so many levels to the original. The only fault may be the soundtrack, and the fact that the Anime rushed to get the Manga in about 50 or so episodes. That I will admit was tough, but otherwise it's genius. And the rushing kept each episode packed with fighting, which was a fantastic bit. Although I started it when it first came out, I didn't get seriously really into it until about spring of Freshman year. Not sure why, the early episodes were so fast they were more than I expected and kind of pushed me off. Either way, I also read the original FMA manga, so I kept up there. Both finished near each other, which was cool. No doubt, one of the greatest Anime legends of all times. I'd love to see this author's next work. (2010)

9.5 Stars

Started: Fall Freshman year, but seriously into it midway through Freshman year

16. Lock-On

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Lock+On!+-+p01

I liked this little manga, but it got cancelled by Shounen Jump. Oh well, it was fun, and it got cancelled right when it was starting to get good! Though in one chapter it totally promoted pedophilia between a teacher and student, but in a semi-not so bad manner, but, naw. Other than that, it was alright. Clean too. I liked it. Bummed that it got replaced just when it was starting to get good. It was a romance series, though. So what can ya expect? (2010)

6 stars

Started: Spring of Freshman year

17. Fairy Tail

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Fairytail900tj4

So far the Anime of this has been really fantastic. I hear the Manga has gone sour, but is starting to pick up. It's a ton like One Piece, from art to story. Still, I really like it. It's not as good, but it is still a real hit for me. The Anime is so funny and fun I love it to death. And the fighting can be pretty great. My only problem with it is at times it seems toned down. So it's more like a kid friendly spin off of One Piece. That takes away a lot of the hard core epic fighting. But for jokes it's hard to beat this one. And the story can be surprisingly gripping. The emotions of the characters are really great. The Manga has been less good, but just got better. (2010)

9 Stars

Started: Summer of Sophmore year

18. Durarara

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Durarara-01

Really good series. Amazing characters. Watch two episodes and you'll be addicted thanks to one. The characters are this show. The events that happen aren't all that interesting, just the characters. Sadly, the series isn't long enough, so the ending is kind of, mih to me. On the one hand the ending really fits the weird series, on the other it feels too short. We learn so much but we get so little in return. It's like as the series has just about naming this series the best of all time, it leaves before you get to say goodbye. Still a genius plot and a really good thrill at times. I really like it. Also Ama recommended. (2010)

9 Stars

19. SWOT

Q's Anime and Manga List~  2-1

SWOT was just horrible. I read it. I hated it. Not a good series. Waste of time. I read it expecting the series that replaced Lock-On to be really good. It wasn't. Sorry. It had some okay ideas, but it just was stupid. And really really cliche Japan. A dangerous school full of gangs and a guy fighting them? Yeah, that's really cliche Japan, I'm sorry. And the main character really wasn't all that appealing. Actually, no one was. And to top it off the art was not all that. (2010)

2 stars

Started: Sophmore Summer

20. High School Of The Dead

Q's Anime and Manga List~  HotD_XLG_v1_color_bonus_04

This series has just ended. To say this series is a little ecchi is like saying the atomic bomb was a bit painful. This series is ridiculous in the amount of perverted images it slushes at you. To the point I almost had to quit it. But it slowed down, thank goodness. Still, despite that, the story is actually pretty interesting for a Zombie thriller and it keeps you wondering what will happen next. I am really curious on how the series ends. Will they survive? I think it's a really good version of a Zombie series. Although not perfect and there is a lot that leaves me wondering about it. But I like it. Despite it being 13 episodes. Another season will start a year from now. It really tells the Zombie story differently, which I enjoy. (2010)

8 Stars

21. Zombie Loan

[img:a6af]http://static2.animepaper.net/upload/thumbs/scans/zombie-loan/[large][AnimePaper]scans_zombie-loan_jenifer_52962.jpg[/img:a6af]

This series had all the elements it needed to be a really good story. However, it really wasn't. Flat, boring. I found myself forcing myself to watch it. If it weren't only 11 episodes I would of quit it early on. There were two ovas to it that would of finished it up better, but I didn't bother. It wasn't worth it. Some might like it. It has a lot of things some people might find desirous. But to me, and maybe my standards have just been really raised high, I was left not really impressed. The Name was what got me curious, and I can say it really didn't go as far as I hoped or expected. Still, it was somewhat interesting. And I found a few funny scenes. (2010)

5 stars

Started: Fall of Sophmore year

22. Hellsing

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Hellsing_ova_1_270_1024

Hellsing is a classic, and throughout the years many people have told me how great it is. So I went in with really high expectations. They were not met. However, it was a really good series. The first 8 episodes were somewhat slow, but the last 5 were really quite fantastic. It's older, but it was pretty good. Really short though. Short is not a mark in an Anime's favor for me. But I liked it. Glad I watched it. It was definitely different for a Vampire series, but worth the watch. (2010)

8 Stars

Started: Fall of Sophmore year

23. Gintama
    Q's Anime and Manga List~  Sentai-Adds-Gintama,-Hidama

Gintama is one of the funniest series I've ever watched. Pretty much every episode made me laugh. Hard. And the main character, as well as the cops, are amazing. Anytime they get together I just knew the episode was epic. My favorite episode was the one where the cops thought they were haunted by a ghost and so Gintama and his group were going to scam them. Watching everyone try and act manly and tough whilst being scared to death was so fun. And the series had a loooot of gags that they were able to run for a long time. For example anytime the main character (Gintoki) would run someone over with his scooter he would then say this could be fixed if he just could find a time machine. Throughout the series anytime anything happened with a vehicle this gag was used and to be honest, it was awesome. Things like that made this series great. But. There was a few problems with it, which is why I didn't finish it. So why is it on my list of finished series if I didn't finish it? Because, after watching about half the series, I felt like I had. You see, most Animes have arcs and storylines. Gintama, did not. It had gags that would move from one episode to another, but no storyline. It felt more like watching a really funny sitcom or cartoon Americano style. Which is fine! If I turned on the TV and caught Gintama, I'd be happy. But have you ever tried to sit down and watch a Sitcom or a Cartoon straight through? I've pulled it off with Sitcoms but cartoons are just really hard to do. I thirst for a storyline with continuity and arcs that keep me interested. The other drawback is that Gintama has almost no fighting, yet is centered on a guy who carries a sword with him everywhere and is supposed to be a samurai. He gets in wild situations, but he never actually has a decent sword fight. This really draws from the series in my opinion, because as a guy who loves him some Shounen, I kept waiting for the big sword fight or epic battle, and they just never came. Which makes sense on some level. Gintama is a parody Anime, much like Bobobo (though Bobobo actually had a storyline). It's hilarious and as a comedy that is it's number one job. But as an Anime it is found severely lacking in the storyline department and in any battle structure. Which I could live with, but the main character carries as word tauntingly for so long that you just want to see a fricking sword fight so bad! (Part of the reason I started it was for an epic sword fight, after all!)

If you want something that will make you laugh then Gintama is a fantastic choice. You can start anywhere really and get a decent go at it. But if you're looking for something with any shred of substance, this is not it.

6 Stars

Started: October of 2010 (or Sophmore year in College)

And this is the list of series I have completed or caught up in. It honestly seems shorter than I expected. I am without a doubt certain I forgot some...5 years of Anime watching, I just can't remember every series all at once(especially the earlier ones). You may notice that no series above 6 stars is up there. Do I just have easy standards? Or do I only pick good series? Neither. I start a lot of series, however I can't keep up with something if I don't like it. So I have started dozens of anime and just stopped when I got bored or didn't like it. Some examples: Zatch Bell (which was fun, but too kiddish), Basilisk, Beezlebub, Veritas, Gintama, Kampfer (one ep...I didn't like the premise, I was hoping for students fighting in school, not that weird business), Prince of Tennis, Mar, , Rurouni Kenshin, Oomaki something, blood+, Monster, Bobobo-bobo-bobobo, and a tons of others. I honestly can't remember those, either. However, I read Veritas till I got caught up. However, I hated the main character so much (he is one of the most vulgar characters ever dreamed up) that I just couldn't keep up with the series. I am also a Huge Otters 11 fan, but I feel it was for sure a one shot :P

Yeah, I think I missed some, which means it's gonna suck when I remember them and have to put it back in and mess up all the numbers. Oh well. Here is at least what I can remember right now! (Proof is I just remembered 2 mangas I had read...) Um, also I like longer series over shorter ones, so that effects my opinion a lot of a series.

So I am starting up something new to go with this. I am adding a series I want to watch/am watching/planning to watch section. I have seen or tested a ton of series (as you can see by the examples of series I started and then stopped) and I have issues getting it all together. So here are some series I want to watch (And please feel free to suggest stuff to me). They are in no particular order.
    1. Ghost in the Shell
    2. D. Gray Man
    3. History's Strongest Disciple
    4. Dragonball Kai
    5. Ergo Proxy
    6. Eureka 7

The thing about the list of series I want to watch/start is that A) If I dislike the series, I will quickly bump it to a didn't like list. I have little patience for series. If they don't catch my eye quick, I give up on them. B) I really dislike old Animes. I just find them hard to watch. So a lot of older series will get bumped off my list just because they are old. They can be the greatest series of all time, but since its old I'll give it up. C) I don't have a ton of time, so whatever I watch will be in spare time. So if I get 20 series suggested to me...this'll take quite literally years. And do not be surprised if I start a series completely at random not at all with any relation to the list of series I want to watch. I do that......constantly.

Last edited by quater on Sat Dec 04 2010, 13:43; edited 4 times in total
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Q's Anime and Manga List~  Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Q's Anime and Manga List~  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

Q's Anime and Manga List~  Empty Re: Q's Anime and Manga List~

Post by Lunami Thu Sep 23 2010, 02:14

Interesting idea for a thread, could start a few more actually.

Anyway, comments!

1. One Piece - When I started watching it, I did rather enjoy it. If it weren't for the fact I'd have to watch more than 400 episodes to get anywhere at all up to date, I would, but that is far too many for me for one series. Though, chances are, I'll do so in time, I still have a few more to catch up on. x.x

2. Naruto I wasn't all that big into it honestly. The only reason I really watched it all was;

A) It was on before the Adult Swim on Cartoon Network turned on, so it was just something to fill time.

B) This site at one point convinced me to watch it.

C) It's got a Kitsune! How awesome is that!? Anime need more kitsune than Shippou from Inu Yasha.

D) Kabuto is one of my favorite anime characters.

3. I didn't make it too far into Bleach. Kinda just skipped here and there as applicable (some of the Bount arc was really kinda disappointing personally), but I'd love to see the connections between Bleach and the Bible. I love how the Japanese do this in their anime and games.

4. I liked the concept behind, and the thought that went into Death Note. Really made you think. But I wasn't all too thrilled with it.

5. FMA was a great series when I started it, and I haven't yet watched Brotherhood yet, though I really should start. I didn't even know it was out yet until I think Cris mentioned it. x.x

6 - 8. Never saw them, no comment.

9. Axis Powers Hetalia is ingenious for the way it does things. This anime will generally keep a smile on your face from when you start to finish. Making each country a character in a story really makes things interesting.

10 - 11. Never saw them, no comment.

12. Samurai Champloo has to be one of the most creative blends I've seen since Cowboy Bebop. I think they were even made by the same group, but I can't remember for certain. Cowboy Bebop's space cowboy theme with jazz music was just as crazy a thought as putting samurai to rap music. They don't sound like they'd work, but, it just does. The ending was rather unexpected, almost made me wish it continued another episode or two though.

13. Code Geass, is my favorite anime you've put on this list of yours. For all the reasons you gave above. I'd give it a 10 where as you gave it a 9 though, but that would be my over all personal preference in either case. Not much more to say that you haven't already. Clever story, amazing music, and Lelouche is certainly one of the best characters in anime in my opinion.

14 - 21. Never saw them, no comment.

22. Ah, Hellsing. I loved this series. And while you're right on it being slow, those last few episodes really do pick up.

However, on another note, the OVA for Hellsing is a completely different story. I really do recommend it, however, I am not sure whether or not you'd appreciate it for some of it's content, being a few perverted scenes (not too many from what I can remember, but memory is still memory, and prone to being forgetful), and a grotesque amount of blood and the like for those not into that sorta thing. Though honestly, I'm not sure where the last few episodes are, production is really slow. From what I hear, each new one is released every 6-12 months though. Far more war oriented, and supposedly tied more closely to the manga.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Q's Anime and Manga List~  Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Q's Anime and Manga List~  Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 23 2010, 02:25

1. One Piece is really good. You should pick it back up. You'd probably make it your number one series if you did. From what I can tell, that's what happens to most everyone who does.

2. Kabuto was my favorite character as well. You have surprisingly good taste.

3. The Bount arc was filler, I skipped every episode of it. If you want to see my theory on Bleach and The Bible, go here:

http://courtofpuresouls.forumotion.com/bleach-theories-f9/so-far-t109.htm
    It's spread out in that thread.

4. I thought Deathnote was exciting.

5. FMA Brotherhood kicks FMA's butt, which is really saying something.

9. Agreed that Axis is genius. It was a fun thing to watch.

12. Never seen Cowboy Bebop, as you can tell by my list. Although I've started it 3 times, I've gotten only to episode 3 before I quit. Don't ask me why. So far we just haven't connected, despite how many times it's been recommended to me.

13. I gave Code Geass a 9.5, which is on par with FMA Brotherhood only in my list, and of course One Piece which is the top of the line. I can only hope Season 3 keeps it up.

22. I agree, overall rating is an 8 but if I were judging just those last few episodes I'd probably rank it a 9 maybe even a 9.5 But you can't judge a series only on it's best, otherwise Bleach would of gotten a lot higher rating as well. And though I have no interest in perverted scenes, I have seen a ton of them throughout anime. I do not like them, skip them a lot, but I can bear them for a good story (though I do lower my lover for it the more it has. High School of The dead being a perfect example of a good anime that had too much). Blood really doesn't bother me 95% of the time, and I prefer it to a show that pretends fights don't cause blood (Fairy Tail does that). So I might look into Ultimate, but not sure. I usually don't bother with Ovas and that kind of thing. I've only ever seen one Anime Movie, afterall, and that one convinced me not to watch anymore.

And I hope this starts other threads, I'd like to see Amaterasu's Anime list, to be honest. SSS's and Yoyo's too. And it'd help me figure out what to watch next. Plus I learned a lot about my anime watching, for example like, half the list is from 2010 and well over half is 2009/2010. And I can't REMEMBER any anime I saw in 2008...
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Q's Anime and Manga List~  Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Q's Anime and Manga List~  Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Lunami Thu Sep 23 2010, 02:48

1. I have the first... I think 300-400 some chapters of One Piece manga around here somewhere on a disc. Anyway, I doubt I'd make it my number one, but it would very likely be up there.

2. You do remember we had a thread about Kabuto in here, right? And me and Unknown would talk about him from time to time in school.

3. Thanks much! I will give taht some time later today when I'm not in bed.

4. To each their own. It was okay, but just didn't do it for me. Ending was amazing though.

5. I will look into it.

9. It just came out with a new episode a couple days ago. ^^

12. Started what three times?

13. I have really high hopes for r3, and I'm hoping desperately I'm not disappointed in it.

22. From memory, there's only a couple of scenes that way. I know of one for certain in ... episode 1 or 2 I think. But again, memory can be very faulty. And... Seras as well as a few other characters are highly more fleshed out. Alucard has a much more flexible personality in the OVA.

I will make one of these threads sooner or later. In fact, I may just do that in the next day or so.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Q's Anime and Manga List~  Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Q's Anime and Manga List~  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 23 2010, 08:12

Oh wow.

That is a great post. Some of the pictures are cool.

I found myself being like. Oh yeah that series was cool, or nah, that manga wasn't the best, I never really got into it.

Great job!
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 23 2010, 15:36

Thanks. ^^ I figured pictures made it stand out, plus it was fun to look for them.

You should make one as well, I'd like to see your ratings and timeline of Manga/Anime Ama.
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Thu Sep 23 2010, 15:41

One comment I keep forgetting to make in regards to APH.

There is a lot of implied shounen ai. Such as everytime Germany blushes when Italy makes in situation X.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 23 2010, 15:43

What's a Shounen Ai?

And yes, I started the Kabuto thread, so I remember it, Lunami.
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Thu Sep 23 2010, 15:50

Shounen ai is a lesser form of yaoi.

There is shounen ai, which I believe roughly translates to "boy love." It's the non-sexual relationship between two males in anime. Kissing, hugging, lovey dovey stuff that makes a lot of people puke when they see it. Shoujo ai is the female equivalent.

Yaoi and yuri is used to describe what goes on in the bedroom, whether or not it's in the bedroom.

Yeah, I remember. lol Was just saying though.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 23 2010, 15:55

Yeah. That's weird. And I definitely don't see it. People have weird minds.
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Thu Sep 23 2010, 16:10

To each their own.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Q's Anime and Manga List~  Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Q's Anime and Manga List~  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 23 2010, 16:30

Hm.... I might sometime when I ahve time, but I have 4 papers to work on and reading, and I am a catcher in softball (never played softball nor baseball in my life, besides like 1 year as a 5 year old) this weekend, so I am bugged down a bit
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Fri Sep 24 2010, 17:10

Hmm.. you've only been watching anime for five years Q? I would have sworn it'd been longer. O-o
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Mon Nov 29 2010, 12:37

Me too. ^^

And updated with number 23 now on my list.
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Tue Nov 30 2010, 12:38

One of these days... I swear I'll have to make a more in depth thing about each anime on my list... but it's so many. X.x Plus, a lot of them I saw so long ago... I wonder if I even remember all about it. lol
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Tue Nov 30 2010, 15:40

I am only doing indepth analyses so I remember. And to help others who want to watch anime but don't know what to watch. ^^
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Wed Dec 01 2010, 22:09

My anime tends to be older anyway, seeing as I started back in '93-'94 ish. lol Maybe earlier... not sure.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Dec 04 2010, 11:37

Updated: 12/04/10
    So what I ended up watching is the first 6 episodes of Ghost In The Shell and then the first 6 episodes of History's Strongest Disciple. I've been very curious about both series for a long time! I saw a bit of Ghost In The Shell on TV a long time ago. And even though History's Strongest Disciple is a dumb name, the series is really popular, so I am curious about it. I must say, so far I am really enjoying History's Strongest Disciple. Which surprised me! Since it is the quintessential cliche` Japanese storyline. It starts with a kid being bullied at school and challenged by gangsters to fight schoolyard style and then he finds a magic dojo and starts training. Seriously, there must be a million and a half Japanese storylines that have one of these plots, but to have both in the same series~!? Ridiculous!
    But it's actually really enjoyable. It's got a style that can only be described as 'cute'. And all the characters are really entertaining. And it sticks to the fun shounen style that I love so much, so hey! I am really really enjoying it. Plus I can't wait to finish it, because that will make me one Anime away from 25. Which is a pretty cool number. Evil Glare

I started Ghost In The Shell first. It's, hm. On the one hand I really like the mysteries, especially this Laughing Man business, and the story itself is interesting. But I am having a hard time liking the characters. Some of them are alright, but some aren't. To be honest, Major doesn't interest me at all. She walks around half naked all the time and it's kind of distracting and annoying. And the old man is great and all for an old man, but he's just that, an old man. You can only make an old man so cool (lest he's Whitebeard). Finally, there's the regular human dude with brown hair. Batou? Kuze? I don't know. I haven't figured out any of their names, yet I figured out all the names of History's Strongest Disciple right off the bat. A strike against you, Ghost In The Shell. Anyway, some of the background characters are cool. And the setting and plot are really good. I also looove the opening. I plan to get at least a ways farther into it before I finally judge it. In fact, I will probably finish the series either way. But it's not one I'm particularly loving. Not like History's Strongest Disciple.

Heheh, there's so many series I still want to watch ^^;;; I can't wait to finish these so I can start some new ones. Boy, I got issues. However, the main three I am focusing on are: History's Strongest Disciple and Ghost In the Shell and D. Gray Man. If I get through these I'll be fairly happy. But I am saving D. Gray Man for after HSD and GITS because it's over a hundred episodes, and you shouldn't try and tackle more than one series at once if it's over 100 episodes. After these, I'll see where I go. This should keep me busy for the next month or two. And I have to stay busy this next month because....well...I am giving up One Piece for a month Wahh Wahh Wahh
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

Post by Banouin Sat Dec 04 2010, 13:01

OP on top. Who would have guessed :P
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Dec 04 2010, 13:16

I made the list in the order that I watched it in. ^^

However, I also gave OP the only 10 star rating so...
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Sun Dec 05 2010, 13:37

Togusa is the human Q. ^^

Anyway, if you liked the opening, I think GitS opening was Inner Universe, which was from Yoko Kanno! I don't think you've listed a lot of the anime she worked in, but she's really famous for her works on Cowboy Bebop, Turn a Gundam, and quite a few others.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 08:20