WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been a while since my last Blog

Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Been a while since my last Blog Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Been a while since my last Blog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 0

Been a while since my last Blog Empty Been a while since my last Blog

Post by Destinykil

So its been a while since my last blog and I figured it's time to make one. Subject: Martial Arts.

Now I know most people are thinking, "Here goes Des with his stories of hurting people and how great he says he is."

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! But i'm not blogging about hurting people only about how i'm going to take up a new martial art that has captured my heart.

Wing Chun. The martial art that the famous lat movie star Bruce Lee first learned. See I envy Bruce Lee, my room is like a shrine to him. So I read all about him and how he trained, and the whole she-bam. Bruce Lee uses a style he created that incorporates Wing Chun, Western Boxing, and Fencing. But i'm not here to talk about Bruce Lee, only the Martial Art he branched from.

Wing Chun has become an inspiration in my heart. I've see what it can do and how it works. I love it. Now at first I wasn't sure about how it would mesh with Muay Thai(dominant style). But I got to thinking, "What if I could fight Muay Thai offensively and use Wing Chun and its many purposes defensively!"

That's when it hit me dead on. Jeet Kune Do(Bruce Lee's style), is more of a philosophy more than a style. The main thing it teaches is "Take what's useful, discard the rest."

So Jeet Kune Do is based off styles you have combined by taking the bare bone essentials and discarding the sissy stuff. My new style may not be anything near Bruce Lee's, but i'm sure it'll fair me some use.

Just wanted to share my insight with you all.
    Share this post on: reddit

Toshii

Post Sat Sep 04 2010, 01:04 by Toshii

YAY for fighting :3 and martial arts :D go for it des ^^
    Destinykil

Post Sat Sep 04 2010, 01:28 by Destinykil

i think i am going to!
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Sat Sep 04 2010, 18:48 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

*confused*
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sat Sep 04 2010, 23:44 by SickSelfishSyQo