WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was born this way! - Yeah right.

Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 Empty I was born this way! - Yeah right.

Post by Banouin

Alright. Let me start by saying one little thing: I do not and never will hate you if you are gay. Yes. This is about gay people.

With that being said, I can go on.

What I do hate however is the line: "I was born this way!" Or a better one: "God made me this way" Na, sorry to tell ya. God did not make you that way. Nor were you born that way. That's really really really like trying to say I was born loving tacos. Or BBT, Or scrubs, or pizza, or playing games, or Posting on WotN. Sorry. Was not born this way. Over time I found out what I liked and I disliked.

Things like that change over time or on what you have around you in your life. I had games and comps and anime around me. So I started to like them.

This is not to place hate on gays, again. I don't hate you. But.

You.
    Were.
    Not.
    Born.
    Gay.

You choose to be that way. Like I choose to enjoy girls. *CoughRedheadsCough*

On another note, There was this church that put up a sign that said: No gays in heaven, Thank god.

As messed up as it was, I laughed.

Last edited by Banouin on Wed Jun 30 2010, 06:55; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:13 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

quater wrote:If not, then you need to reevaluate your priorities. Because the Church doesn't hate homosexuals and other religions, ~but there are some~ homosexuals hate the Church.
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:16 by amaterasu

Maybe it's the definition of a church that messes people up.

Since the church isn't an institution like the Vatican or a building like those you see in any city, town or village.

its all those who belong to Christ, meaning the church is made of people. You can go to a church gathering every Sunday for your life and not be apart of the church. This distinction is very important.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:18 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

amaterasu wrote:Maybe it's the definition of a church that messes people up.

Since the church isn't an institution like the Vatican or a building like those you see in any city, town or village.

its all those who belong to Christ, meaning the church is made of people. You can go to a church gathering every Sunday for your life and not be apart of the church. This distinction is very important.
    I don't understand what you mean. I understand that someone can go to church every Sunday but not be truly connected with God.. but what does that have to do with anything?
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:19 by amaterasu

CLAIRVOYANTdisease wrote:

I don't understand what you mean. I understand that someone can go to church every Sunday but not be truly connected with God.. but what does that have to do with anything?

Can I tell you in a pm?

otehrwise it will be humongous

CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:19 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

amaterasu wrote:

Can I tell you in a pm?

If you like. I'm going to bed in a second though ^_^ so I'll reply in the morning.
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:21 by amaterasu

amaterasu wrote:

Can I tell you in a pm?

If you like. I'm going to bed in a second though ^_^ so I'll reply in the morning.

okay
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:37 by UreshiiQ

[quote="quater"]"Loving the bible so much they hate people of different relgions, different sexualities and whatnot. That church saying that is pretty fudged up ^^;"

The Church doesn't say it hates people of those things. It never has. Maybe a church or two has, but the Church as a whole has never said that. You're making that up on what people who DON'T go to Church, say about the Church. As I said, the Church wants to help these people. Not destroy them. Too bad the same can't be said about other religions or homosexuals.

However, homosexuals have many times said they hated the Church. As a whole. Like when homosexuals storm a church and yell Jesus is a Gay over and over. Or when they mug an old lady carrying a cross across a street. Or when they beat someone and leave them for dead because they have a Cross necklace.

And Islam wants to destroy western society, Christianity included.

And you're ticked off at the Church? Well I hope you're also ticked off at the extremists of Islam, and at the Homosexuals who hate the Church.

If not, then you need to reevaluate your priorities. Because the Church doesn't hate homosexuals and other religions, but homosexuals hate the Church. [/quote]

I am~ I'm not too bad of a hypocrite~ <3
    I'm not ticked at all the churches, either. What is The Church?! I'm just ticked at the extremists~! :3

And and *just read this part* Why? Cos the church was being all innocent and stuff? :/

And fudge the quotes. They suck >:/
    And Q, I go to church. Not all the time, but I do.
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:42 by amaterasu

UreshiiQ wrote:[quote="quater"]"Loving the bible so much they hate people of different relgions, different sexualities and whatnot. That church saying that is pretty fudged up ^^;"

The Church doesn't say it hates people of those things. It never has. Maybe a church or two has, but the Church as a whole has never said that. You're making that up on what people who DON'T go to Church, say about the Church. As I said, the Church wants to help these people. Not destroy them. Too bad the same can't be said about other religions or homosexuals.

However, homosexuals have many times said they hated the Church. As a whole. Like when homosexuals storm a church and yell Jesus is a Gay over and over. Or when they mug an old lady carrying a cross across a street. Or when they beat someone and leave them for dead because they have a Cross necklace.

And you're ticked off at the Church? Well I hope you're also ticked off at the extremists of Islam, and at the Homosexuals who hate the Church.

If not, then you need to reevaluate your priorities. Because the Church doesn't hate homosexuals and other religions, but homosexuals hate the Church.

I'm not ticked at all the churches, either. What is The Church?! I'm just ticked at the extremists~! :3

And and *just read this part* Why? Cos the church was being all innocent and stuff? :/

And Q, I go to church. Not all the time, but I do.[/quote]

I go to a parking lot, does it make me a car?

But I would say I'm more of an extremist christian than a apathetic Christian
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:45 by UreshiiQ

amaterasu wrote:
    UreshiiQ wrote:[quote="quater"]"Loving the bible so much they hate people of different relgions, different sexualities and whatnot. That church saying that is pretty fudged up ^^;"

If not, then you need to reevaluate your priorities. Because the Church doesn't hate homosexuals and other religions, but homosexuals hate the Church.

But I would say I'm more of an extremist christian than a apathetic Christian[/quote]

Uh....
    What? O___O
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:49 by amaterasu

UreshiiQ wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:

Uh....
    What? O___O[/quote]

you go to church. So what?

If I go into water, does that make me a fish?
    No, so the same as this, if you go to a church, it doesn't mean you're a christian, or anything.

Just sometime to think about
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:57 by UreshiiQ

amaterasu wrote:
    UreshiiQ wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:

Uh....
    What? O___O

you go to church. So what?

If I go into water, does that make me a fish?
    No, so the same as this, if you go to a church, it doesn't mean you're a christian, or anything.

Just sometime to think about[/quote]

I'm...not Christian ^_^;; I'm Catholic. And sorry those analogies crack me up(Not to be mean, just stating I laughed)
    And yes, I guess it doesn't mean much. I believe in Christian ways, but I'm in a way sort kof Athiest. And I believe in Toshiism. xD;; Oh ho~ I do think about these things a lot Which is why I should know better not to post in a thread like this >3>
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 23:04 by Toshii

UreshiiQ wrote: kof Athiest. And I believe in Toshiism. xD;;

Cowboy
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 23:06 by UreshiiQ

Toshii wrote:

Cowboy

I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 152946 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 152946
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 23:12 by Toshii

UreshiiQ wrote:
    Toshii wrote:

Cowboy

I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 152946 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 152946

you will be written down in my book!
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 23:16 by UreshiiQ

Toshii wrote:
    UreshiiQ wrote:
    Toshii wrote:

Cowboy

WOO! I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 91560

I can die happily now. I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 23:22 by Toshii

UreshiiQ wrote:
    Toshii wrote:
    UreshiiQ wrote:
    Toshii wrote:

Cowboy

WOO! I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 91560

I can die happily now. I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139 I was born this way! - Yeah right.  - Page 2 118139

Oh Yeah!
    quater

Post Thu Jul 01 2010, 02:53 by quater

quater wrote:If not, then you need to reevaluate your priorities. Because the Church doesn't hate homosexuals and other religions, ~but there are some~ homosexuals hate the Church.

There are quite a few. I read the news, a lot. Homosexuals in California like to hold rallies in front of churches and pass out Jesus is gay pamphlets. It's very weird.

But sure, we'll say some. ^^ My point to Ureshii was don't get 'ticked' off at the church over standing on what it believes. It has the same rights to free speech as you, and if you don't like it, well then you are using a bad double standard because some homos hate the church too.

And the fact of the matter is, the Church isn't in the minority. Florida passed the Women + Man only marriages overwhelmingly. And California, the land of Hollywood, San Francisco, Los Angeles, passed the same law as well. TWICE. Since the first time they passed it a judge overuled it. Things like this are proof that the American people (This doesn't really regard you as much, Clair) agree with the Church on this issue quite a bit. So maybe you should reconsider a majority's opinion. It's not like the Church is running some evil circus of hate, here, it's what most Americans agree with too. If not, they wouldn't keep voting down laws that say gays should be allowed to marry. And in California, where gay marriage was already being practiced in huge numbers. If it got voted down there, this is big proof that the Church and the American people agree that there needs to be limits.

And if that is the case, then you can either be ticked off at what most people believe, or you can reconsider that maybe they have a point?

And I've tried being annoyed at what everyone believes when they are wrong. Gets tiring. Relaxed

"Cos the church was being all innocent and stuff? :/"
    Actually, yes. A lot of people try to paint the Church as extreme, when most of it is not. So yeah, being ticked off at the Church for just sticking to values, and saying it hates homosexuals, when that is not the case, is yeah. Wrong to get mad at them for that, I think. I mean, I don't get mad at Athiests for not believing in God, I just get mad when Athiests attack my belief in God. Same thing. You shouldn't be mad at the Church for not believing Homosexuality is right, just be mad if they attack homosexuals or show hate directly for them. Then yeah, they would be wrong. But as I said, and as Clair said, extremists do crazy things. Don't paint the entire body of the Church with the brush you get from a few lunies.
    Destinykil

Post Thu Jul 01 2010, 05:42 by Destinykil

im not going to lie, i am Homophobic, not like a little but more than enough to cross the street it i see someone that looks remotely gay.
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Thu Jul 01 2010, 10:51 by KarateKeyaQ

amaterasu wrote:Or we could go back to old 1800's and call them fairies Keya and call happy people gay people.

yay for changing terminology!

This was a nice blog to read Banouin
    Homosexual will do.
    And gay still means happy.

I don't go to church ^_^ hahaha.
    Mikel

Post Thu Jul 01 2010, 12:42 by Mikel

catholics are christians though
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Thu Jul 01 2010, 13:01 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Mikel wrote:catholics are christians though
    It's just another denomination
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sun Jul 04 2010, 17:35 by SickSelfishSyQo

I think the only thing that's bothering me here, is someone *ahemcouldntsaywho* keeps saying the church is trying to help people. Bullshit. You help people with diseases and addictions. Being gay is neither. You don't HELP somebody choose a sexual orientation and to think that's what's going on... Man. I just don't know.
    quater

Post Sun Jul 04 2010, 22:46 by quater

SickSelfishSycho wrote:I think the only thing that's bothering me here, is someone *ahemcouldntsaywho* keeps saying the church is trying to help people. Bullshit. You help people with diseases and addictions. Being gay is neither. You don't HELP somebody choose a sexual orientation and to think that's what's going on... Man. I just don't know.

It was me, I was saying it. Hi Hi Hi

I didn't say they helped them choose an orientation, I said they helped them overcome their own sexual desires. But you and I live in different worlds, SSS. You probably aren't aware that gays actually can overcome those desires. ^^ Instead you, like so many others, tell them to accept it, they were born that way, and they should just live the gay lifestyle. And don't they dare differ from it. And don't let the church dare even think of talking against it. Because if they do that they're 'repressing themselves'~

SickSelfishSyQo

Post Mon Jul 05 2010, 14:35 by SickSelfishSyQo

Maybe I typed that incorrectly.

I dont think people are born that way. I think it's a learned behavior. I AM aware that they can choose not to be. But why would they?? That's like choosing not to like a certain food (but with way more emotional turmoil). You still like it, but you dont eat it. ^^
    And no, I don't tell them to accept it, I would say to do what feels right in your soul. If it seems wrong, don't do it. Turn to your god or your family, or whoever you think can help you.
    The church can speak out against whatever it likes. It's got just as much a right to refuse the idea of homosexuality as Nambla has to proposition people to think their organization is the way to be.
    Banouin

Post Mon Jul 05 2010, 15:14 by Banouin

SickSelfishSycho wrote:Maybe I typed that incorrectly.

I dont think people are born that way. I think it's a learned behavior. I AM aware that they can choose not to be. But why would they?? That's like choosing not to like a certain food (but with way more emotional turmoil). You still like it, but you dont eat it. ^^
    And no, I don't tell them to accept it, I would say to do what feels right in your soul. If it seems wrong, don't do it. Turn to your god or your family, or whoever you think can help you.
    The church can speak out against whatever it likes. It's got just as much a right to refuse the idea of homosexuality as Nambla has to proposition people to think their organization is the way to be.

Then you agree with the point of this blog. That was, they are not born that way. ^_^

*Don't really care for the debate going on*

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15 2024, 11:34