WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North and South Korea

UreshiiQ
    UreshiiQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 19937
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    North and South Korea Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100North and South Korea Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-21

AMP
    Natural: 123
    Power: 108
    Instinct: 119

North and South Korea Empty North and South Korea

Post by UreshiiQ

http://www.aolnews.com/story/north-korea-severs-all-ties-with-rival/966108

This little thing has been flashing in my AOL news banner for a while.
    >.>

But, anyways, I'll try to make this good, since I suck at things like
    this.

So there's been talk of war between North and South Korea. Honestly, I
    don't want to see this happen because my eldest brother is stationed in
    S. Korea. Of course, my dad says this is all talk, and I believe him.
    Not to bash on North Korea, but the dictator, or whatever runs their
    communist goverment, is crazy. He's already scared the two allies he had
    away. Both China and Russia have made it clear that if North Korea got
    into another war they would not help them.
    Oh, and as the article up there mentioned, the North and South have
    really still been at war since the 50s, only on some sort of terms
    instead of a peace treaty. The Korean war isn't what split them up,
    though. Now it's time for some history :D

The Korean peninsula was ruled by the Korean empire, until it was
    annexed shortly after the Russo-Japanese war of '05(1905). In 1945,
    following WWII, the northern half was occupied by Soviet forces, while
    the southern half was occupied by American.
    In 1948, North Korea refused to be part of United Nations-supervised
    elections in the south. which is around the time the official countries
    of North and South Korea were formed. South Korea being officially
    formed August 15th, 1948, North Korea being officially formed September
    9th, 1948.
    Because both nations claimed ownership over the peninsula in whole, the
    Korean War was started. The war only techinically lasted 3 years, until
    being put on a sort of 'pause' by an armistice, which ended the
    fighting. But since there was no peace treaty, they were still
    technically at war....

Okay, okay, sorry if I bored you~
    Also, South Korea is being pretty weird with playing loud western music
    at the border, and sending leaflets in by balloons. Even if they lied
    about sinking that ship, they're threatening war so why agitate them,
    and why not try to settle it?

I'll end this post now. I need to put my writing efforts somewhere
    else XD I just wanted to let you know~
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Tue May 25 2010, 22:57 by quater

Why not settle it?

North Korea is freaking insane, beats and kills lots of its own people, and wants to destroy South Korea.

North Korea wants Nuclear weapons so it can obliterate South Korea off the map. As well as: America, Europe, everywhere else.

North Korea is also a communist government that constantly harasses and tortures its own people. But, if North Korea falls, most likely a fair, good government will replace it. One that believes in freedom for its people and possibly open to the idea of trucing with South Korea.

So yeah, South Korea doesn't give a crap about what North Korea wants. Oh, and yes, North Korea now has Nuclear arms and missiles. Hooray.

South Korea wants North Korea's current government to fall and hopefully be replaced by one with sane people. If agitating it helps, then great. If playing loud music makes up for the fact that every year North Korea sends spies to infiltrate South Korea, hunky dory.

How do you settle a peace treaty with a country that kills its own people, has lead millions into starvation, and that wants to destroy you and hates your very existence? You don't.
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 00:17 by UreshiiQ

I know. I was just kinda throwing the idea out there xD;; Because why start a war where you could get bombed off the map? (though N. Korea has no allies, and we're already backing S. Korea up)
    Though it's kind of a weird situation to be in. And I can't really gather up a good response because I just got told something that makes me kinda feel bad, and stupid >.>
    quater

Post Wed May 26 2010, 00:29 by quater

What'd you get telled?

And yeah...South Korea won't likely get bombed off the map.
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 00:33 by UreshiiQ

I know XD
    neon kun

Post Wed May 26 2010, 05:30 by neon kun

IF S.K GETS BOMBED, we will be affected!! D: cause definitely they'd use nuclear bombs D: and that that that would reach my country and we'd die D:
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed May 26 2010, 06:47 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Nuu, Jan D:
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 07:24 by UreshiiQ

Nooo!! Don't worry, I doubt they'll bomb and if they do and we don't hear from you I'm personally going over there myself to kick some Korean butt! D:<
    Mikel

Post Wed May 26 2010, 12:05 by Mikel

hm. but what jan said is true. if they do decide to bomb s. korea, it'll definitely reach us. i was thinking, if n. korea does bomb s. korea, then they'd be wiping n. korea too.

yep, n. korea is definitely insane.
    quater

Post Wed May 26 2010, 13:12 by quater

Nuclear bombs aren't that powerful..
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed May 26 2010, 13:58 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Dangerous though.
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 18:17 by UreshiiQ

Yup mushroom clouds. It's poisonous~
    Kaito

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:06 by Kaito

I heard somewhere its a possibility to clean up the oil spill (nuclear bomb that is) but it sounds stupid, and also North Korea is a big bummer controlled country with their dictatorship and torturing and calling themselves to be the bees knees when they obviously are not
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:21 by UreshiiQ

It's true~ If they tried anything they REALLY have no allies(or at least none confirmed) so we'd probably beat them...by a lot.
    Kaito

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:24 by Kaito

well they might have Iran

but then again, why would anyone want war which a lot of people will die?

It seems to a be a pointless thing when you could do it without such a bloody action
    quater

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:32 by quater

It is unlikely a nuclear bomb would be used to clean up the oil spill.

War has solved a lot of problems. No one likes it, but sometimes war is the best option. (For examples, see World War 2)
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:35 by UreshiiQ

Remember the Holocaust? It's weird but Hitler was mental. He had this notion that there could only be one race of people, the Aryans. He believed that the Jews were inferior, and he kidnapped innocent children, and if they fit a certain standard would ship them off to a school to reform them to be a 'perfect German'. If they didn't, he sent them to a prison camp were many died of malnourishment or starvation, and if not, were shot or killed by disease. That's why there's barely any Holocaust survivors out there.
    The current dictator or North Korea, Kim Kong-il is ALSO very crazy. Perhaps crazier then his father. He makes everyone call him 'Dear leader' or 'Great Leader' and as stated above by Q,
    they kill many of their own people and want to bomb any place they hate. I would assume they'd evacute the people fromt he southern border as quickly and quietly as they can so if they bomb South Korea less people will die(though I doubt Kim Jong-il will care about them.)

And that was long, but yeah ^^;;
    Kaito

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:36 by Kaito

That is a cleverly discovered truth, But in this case, America could just sent in an assassination team to get ride of their dictator and things could go a lot smother
    quater

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:36 by quater

Kaito wrote:That is a cleverly discovered truth, But in this case, America could just sent in an assassination team to get ride of their dictator and things could go a lot smother

Not really. I don't know of one place where assassinating a leader has made anything different.
    Kaito

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:40 by Kaito

quater wrote:
    Kaito wrote:That is a cleverly discovered truth, But in this case, America could just sent in an assassination team to get ride of their dictator and things could go a lot smother

Not really. I don't know of one place where assassinating a leader has made anything different.

maybe the assassinations are so secret, the effects are hidden from the Public's eyes?
    quater

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:42 by quater

Kaito wrote:
    quater wrote:

maybe the assassinations are so secret, the effects are hidden from the Public's eyes?

Unlikely.
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:47 by UreshiiQ

Unfortunatly Q's probably right. All we would do is agitate the people who have been taught Kim Jong-il is one of the most greatest things in the world. I think the U.S. would be smart enough NOT to do that, as it would spark war as well. Like how we didn't kill the Japanese Prince after WWII for war crimes because all the people would probably start another war against us.
    I think one day maybe the communist goverment will fall because people are fed up with the way they're treated and they've seen western customs and want that. But it's kinda unprobable.
    quater

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:50 by quater

Not really. It's very probable, as it happened in Soviet Russia.

The way you take care of governments like that is you show your strength and show you're not scared or apologetic for your country. Push them and they usually crumble.
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:54 by UreshiiQ

For our country? Obama has been apologizing for everything. Fortunatly though he's SMART and started putting soldiers at the border(Which is one of the ONLY smart things I've seen him do.)
    And I forgot about Russia..I don't really know much about Russia and the Berlin Wall and the Fall of COmmunism because they went over it briefly and I haven't had a reason to look at it D:
    quater

Post Wed May 26 2010, 21:55 by quater

There's a lot of history there they don't tell you.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15 2024, 21:21