WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Aichu
hizakigrace
happyangel
Angelic Harmony
quater
amaterasu
Koneko_Bozu8
Sado
*Momo*
Hiiatte
MissQoolKat
knssquad
Titaniumxvx
Shugo
theBOSS.
Destinykil
KarateKeyaQ
Shanaikai Saisuki
22 posters

What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Poll

Do you like or dislike Twilight?

[ 9 ]
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 2HwAlpQ45%What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 ORIszmu [45%] 
    [ 11 ]
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 2HwAlpQ55%What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 ORIszmu [55%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 147
    What's up Tab : writing
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-13

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Empty Re: What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Sun Jul 06 2008, 14:52

attention!

I notice that there are quite a few handfuls of Twilight fans freaking out about this thread. They keep on going on and on about how great Twliight is; yet they never bother to tell why!

And I would like to address the fact that these fans don't comment on the quality, just the content. I just responded to a girl who trashed Harry Potter. When something in book two affects something in book six (not saying there is, I'm not actually sure, but I know it does), you know the quality has to be good. It's something us readers tend to miss when reading, then realize. When does Stephenie Meyer do that? Having a straight up, then straight down plotline is something expected of a sixth grader, at the very most. there is hardly any symbolism and the suspense? I can hardly feel it. So, please, explain that!!

Thank you,
    X Shanaikai Saisuki

ps. I've been wondering about this, too... there are so many of you vampire freaks out there; how many of you have actually read the original story about Dracula?
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Empty Re: What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Post by amaterasu Sun Jul 06 2008, 15:40

but was dracula the first????????

thats a question worth debating over4

i think
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by Aichu Sun Jul 06 2008, 15:45

Saying I love vampires is another way of saying, "Oh, good, canibalism!" C: lol

These new modern vampires aren't so bad though...more about the superpowers than the blood-sucking.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sun Jul 06 2008, 15:52

tehn call tehm super beings and lets move on from fantasy to real life
    Lil Kit Kat
    Lil Kit Kat
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 26894
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-12-30

AMP
    Natural: 25
    Power: 25
    Instinct: 25

Post by Lil Kit Kat Sun Jul 06 2008, 15:54

Neh, this series was good, but I am not totally obsessed like some people...>.>
    And I dont read them like everybody else does.
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by Aichu Sun Jul 06 2008, 15:56

It's kind of like Naruto...most people are aware it's not that great, but watch it anyways.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sun Jul 06 2008, 15:57

yeah i agree naruto is just slightly above average to me now, but i still watch it
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 LjWhat is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Mon Jul 07 2008, 03:57

Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:attention!

I notice that there are quite a few handfuls of Twilight fans freaking out about this thread. They keep on going on and on about how great Twliight is; yet they never bother to tell why!

And I would like to address the fact that these fans don't comment on the quality, just the content. I just responded to a girl who trashed Harry Potter. When something in book two affects something in book six (not saying there is, I'm not actually sure, but I know it does), you know the quality has to be good. It's something us readers tend to miss when reading, then realize. When does Stephenie Meyer do that? Having a straight up, then straight down plotline is something expected of a sixth grader, at the very most. there is hardly any symbolism and the suspense? I can hardly feel it. So, please, explain that!!

Thank you,
    X Shanaikai Saisuki

ps. I've been wondering about this, too... there are so many of you vampire freaks out there; how many of you have actually read the original story about Dracula?

Ahahaha.

I DID explain why. My reasons are going to stay my own. Stephanie Myer contrasts GREAT imagery into her stories. She actally takes the time into detailing each character wonderfully. She has a lot of suspens built into it, and a lot of people like romance. Oh SO what if vampired arent real. So WHAT if this and that can't happen.

Her books effect eachother also! She dosnt just leave people to ponder about certain things. She explaines thouroughly about the situations going on in the book.

People just like to read about mythical creatures and things that they dont get to hear about often. They go crazy for the book because it interests them instead of learning about realistic things that do not capture their interest. And it so happens that Stephanie Myer can do that to MANY people, even if some dont like her stories.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Mon Jul 07 2008, 09:28

Angelic Harmony wrote:

Thank you,
    X Shanaikai Saisuki

Ahahaha.

I DID explain why. My reasons are going to stay my own. Stephanie Myer contrasts GREAT imagery into her stories. She actally takes the time into detailing each character wonderfully. She has a lot of suspens built into it, and a lot of people like romance. Oh SO what if vampired arent real. So WHAT if this and that can't happen.

Her books effect eachother also! She dosnt just leave people to ponder about certain things. She explaines thouroughly about the situations going on in the book.

People just like to read about mythical creatures and things that they dont get to hear about often. They go crazy for the book because it interests them instead of learning about realistic things that do not capture their interest. And it so happens that Stephanie Myer can do that to MANY people, even if some dont like her stories.
    \
    ah, but she can't fly can she??

i heard some other authors can fly
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 147
    What's up Tab : writing
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-13

AMP

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Mon Jul 07 2008, 20:19

Angelic Harmony wrote:

Thank you,
    X Shanaikai Saisuki

Ahahaha.

oh, when I said some fans aren't explaining, I didn't mean you. It was because you were just about the only person to explain as a fan. ^.~

Ok... I see - ish. Once again, I feel like I've missed something important in the books...
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Mon Jul 07 2008, 20:25

I really don't care for Vampires. Like at all.

And I know about the Original Dracula, or Transylvania. Psycho man...He lead visciously to say the least (this is if what I learned about him is correct and I am corroborating my facts properly)...

Twilight and Harry Potter are both...Rather boring...In my opinion. Some people Like Romance. I do not...I would rather read about something realistic...politics but I already said that...^_^

However, Saisuki is right. It is very sweet when in any series (Book, TV show, Fanfic [Kidding]) something small and insignificant becomes big, especially if it can transverse from episode to episode or book to book.
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 LjWhat is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Cd
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Mon Jul 07 2008, 21:45

Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:
    Angelic Harmony wrote:

Thank you,
    X Shanaikai Saisuki

Ahahaha.

oh, when I said some fans aren't explaining, I didn't mean you. It was because you were just about the only person to explain as a fan. ^.~

Ok... I see - ish. Once again, I feel like I've missed something important in the books...

^_^ Yay. I stick up for ma books!
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Mon Jul 07 2008, 21:59

Meh.
    Although Stephanie Meyer may be a talented writer, I don't like how she makes bella so weak.
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:03

THAT i hate,.
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:07

amen, sistah.
    jake989
    jake989
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 17436
    Fanclubs : Naruto Uzumaki FanClub! n00b Control, WotN Veteran Princes
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-09-30

AMP
    Natural: 42
    Instinct: 39

Post by jake989 Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:08

She doesn't just make Bella the weak one, she's saying all humans in general would be weak compared to the vampires.
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:12

Yea, but it seems since Bella in the Main character, she is always falling or, getting hurt. She's fragile.
    jake989
    jake989
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by jake989 Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:15

Yeha, maybe she's trying to make Edward look better?
    Or maybe her klutzyness has a bigger meaning?
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:17

I guess...I wonder if she REALLY will turn Bella into a vampire O_O
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 4 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:17

I could say the obvious about Bella...Hm...
    jake989
    jake989
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by jake989 Mon Jul 07 2008, 22:18

He doesn't want to...
    But, he might!
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Tue Jul 08 2008, 10:24

Well, I really am honestly fine about Bella being a klutz because there are so many klutzy people out there such as myself. Out of tkd, it's possible for me to trip over thin air. But Stephanie Meyer kind of exaggerates too much.

And Bella flits from one guy to another it's disgusting. At least once every couple dozen pages Bella always has to say she "loves" Edward? (Okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but you get the point o_O)
    If she "loves" him with so much devotion and crap, why's she going to Jacob? And even if she's human and they're vampires that doesn't necessarily mean that she has to come off as the lesser, weaker species. I mean, she can make an effort to overcome Edward's "scorching butterscotch eyes".
    So far in the books, the only thing I've noticed Bella actually do something that makes her look like someone who isn't a "love"sick moron is cook well for her dad and always have enough dumb luck possible to get out of life-threatening situations.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 07:07