WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Aichu
hizakigrace
happyangel
Angelic Harmony
quater
amaterasu
Koneko_Bozu8
Sado
*Momo*
Hiiatte
MissQoolKat
knssquad
Titaniumxvx
Shugo
theBOSS.
Destinykil
KarateKeyaQ
Shanaikai Saisuki
22 posters

What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Poll

Do you like or dislike Twilight?

[ 9 ]
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 2HwAlpQ45%What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 ORIszmu [45%] 
    [ 11 ]
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 2HwAlpQ55%What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 ORIszmu [55%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Koneko_Bozu8
    Koneko_Bozu8
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 9895
    What's up Tab : When you laugh, I laugh
    When you cry, I cry
    And when you jump off a bridge and kill yourself, I'll be the first one to cry at your funeral
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 60
    Power: 60
    Instinct: 60

What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Post by Koneko_Bozu8 Tue Jul 01 2008, 18:12

Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:

@Koneko_Bozu8: exactly, it could never replace HP. the time magazine ppl must be on drugs.

yes, HP will nevah be forgotten...it's pure genius

but now anything that talks about magical or mythical creatues with unique abilities makes me think that the writer had harry potter's originality in mind and copied it into their book...but that's my opinion

I'm very sorry for u...that's gotta be frustrating
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 147
    What's up Tab : writing
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-13

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Tue Jul 01 2008, 18:15

Koneko_Bozu8 wrote:
    Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:

@Koneko_Bozu8: exactly, it could never replace HP. the time magazine ppl must be on drugs.

yes, HP will nevah be forgotten...it's pure genius

but now anything that talks about magical or mythical creatues with unique abilities makes me think that the writer had harry potter's originality in mind and copied it into their book...but that's my opinion

I'm very sorry for u...that's gotta be frustrating
    yeah, JK Rowling is the modern Shakespeare... they only come once in awhile.

I personally write fantasy tragedies myself, and yeah, I have to agree, I do run into that problem of ppl thinking I copy HP because HP has so many conflicts in it and ideas. but not all do. Like the Land of Elyon (I don't think it does... I read it six years ago) or something... there's a very obvoius fantasy book that I can't recall right now... maybe I'll think of it later.

and, why, thank you. it is super fustrating.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 21803
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

AMP
    Natural: 33
    Power: 18
    Instinct: 38

Post by Shugo Tue Jul 01 2008, 18:46

Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:
    Titaniumxvx wrote:
    Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:I have a friend who is bent on believing she is a vampire. The reason? She watches Moonlight and reads Rice's vampire series and Twilight. After she went crazy over it, I decided it was too risky to read it, in slight fear of craziness, too... up until Time magazine said Meyer could replace Rowling as the fantasy fiction guru... and I thought they had t be joking me. My sister and I have both read it and we've left to wonder... what was all that rave about? Her writing is actually quite pathetic. Unlike Rowling, she just puts the story there, leaving the reader a slow but straight rising acton plotline. Meanwhile in Harry Potter itusually a medium pace multiclimax plotline, like a rollercoaster ride. The story is always the same in each book.. I don't see how it is comparable to Harry Potter when I, who isn't even in high school yet (my displayed age is my rpc's age), can write better than Meyer can, when it comes to the plotline and reading between the lines?

Your friend is somewhat creepy into believing she is a vampire. Just had to put that out there.

It's just a piece of huge fanfiction. If you don't like Fanfiction, chances are that you will hate the book

If you are into Shonen and nothing else, chances are you will hate the book

But Harry Potter and Twilight seem to keep into the same genre though. That's weird
    Hehehe...
    you're telling me? if ask her the simplest things, for example:

Me: "Hey, what's wrong? You're really grumpy this morning."
    Her: "The sun is out. Why do you think I'm grumpy?"
    Me: *slaps forehead* "You're not a vampire!! The sun doesn't affect your grumpiness! You're inside, for God's sake!"
    Her: "Of course I'm a vampire, don't be ridiculous!"

another incident:
    Me: "Jeez, I've got terrible balance."
    Her: "Yeah. Shouldn't you be good with balance and height? You're one crappy ninja."
    Me: *glares* "I'm not a ninja and you're not a vampire."
    Her: *pokes me* "Yes you are a ninja! And I'm a vampire!" (she's walking perfeclty fine in broad daylight right now... hm... and she claims that the sun hurts her...)
    Her guy friend who thinks he's a dragon/ninja: "Come on, does it hurt to have an imagination?"
    Me: *on the verge on choking both of them*

lol, she's probably going to "suck my blood" if she ever reads this.

it really irked me when her guy friend said I had no imagination. I have more imagination than both of htem put together. She only takes all the powers from her favorite vampires and puts them together. He, on the other hand, has a bit more creativity, but still doesn't have as much as me. It's not like he writes or draws anyhthing that's not fanbased!! (sorry for the rant)

next time she says that tell her then you will attack her and shove a silver steak through her heart if she mentions shes a vampire again Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Cowboy
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Tue Jul 01 2008, 19:08

shugo wrote:
    Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:
    Titaniumxvx wrote:
    Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:I have a friend who is bent on believing she is a vampire. The reason? She watches Moonlight and reads Rice's vampire series and Twilight. After she went crazy over it, I decided it was too risky to read it, in slight fear of craziness, too... up until Time magazine said Meyer could replace Rowling as the fantasy fiction guru... and I thought they had t be joking me. My sister and I have both read it and we've left to wonder... what was all that rave about? Her writing is actually quite pathetic. Unlike Rowling, she just puts the story there, leaving the reader a slow but straight rising acton plotline. Meanwhile in Harry Potter itusually a medium pace multiclimax plotline, like a rollercoaster ride. The story is always the same in each book.. I don't see how it is comparable to Harry Potter when I, who isn't even in high school yet (my displayed age is my rpc's age), can write better than Meyer can, when it comes to the plotline and reading between the lines?

Your friend is somewhat creepy into believing she is a vampire. Just had to put that out there.

It's just a piece of huge fanfiction. If you don't like Fanfiction, chances are that you will hate the book

But Harry Potter and Twilight seem to keep into the same genre though. That's weird
    Hehehe...

Me: *slaps forehead* "You're not a vampire!! The sun doesn't affect your grumpiness! You're inside, for God's sake!"

another incident:
    Her: "Yeah. Shouldn't you be good with balance and height? You're one crappy ninja."
    Her: *pokes me* "Yes you are a ninja! And I'm a vampire!" (she's walking perfeclty fine in broad daylight right now... hm... and she claims that the sun hurts her...)
    Her guy friend who thinks he's a dragon/ninja: "Come on, does it hurt to have an imagination?"

it really irked me when her guy friend said I had no imagination. I have more imagination than both of htem put together. She only takes all the powers from her favorite vampires and puts them together. He, on the other hand, has a bit more creativity, but still doesn't have as much as me. It's not like he writes or draws anyhthing that's not fanbased!! (sorry for the rant)

next time she says that tell her then you will attack her and shove a silver steak through her heart if she mentions shes a vampire again Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Cowboy
    yeah... or put garlic on her, that's easier to find... I know that not all vampires are like that, but that's what I can think of... her vampire character is ridiculously invincible... because apparently she has like five special powers in addiction to her vampire powers and that fires don't actually kill vampires, nor to stakes to the heart... (I'm not sure what does, since she says the sun can't either.... to explain how she's in teh sun all the time and is not affected) oh, and, according to her, vampires can see themselves in the mirror, too, because she can... she's making a whole other supervampire race based on what she can do, basically I\'m Dead
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Shugo Tue Jul 01 2008, 20:33

Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:
    shugo wrote:
    Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:
    Titaniumxvx wrote:

Hehehe...

another incident:

yeah... or put garlic on her, that's easier to find... I know that not all vampires are like that, but that's what I can think of... her vampire character is ridiculously invincible... because apparently she has like five special powers in addiction to her vampire powers and that fires don't actually kill vampires, nor to stakes to the heart... (I'm not sure what does, since she says the sun can't either.... to explain how she's in teh sun all the time and is not affected) oh, and, according to her, vampires can see themselves in the mirror, too, because she can... she's making a whole other supervampire race based on what she can do, basically I\'m Dead

then tell her you know someone thats a level 100 witch hunter Cowboy
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Wed Jul 02 2008, 19:50

Hey, I should. Or find a vampire hunter.... I hope nobody seriously does hunt "vampires" for a living...^.^'
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Wed Jul 02 2008, 19:59

Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:Hey, I should. Or find a vampire hunter.... I hope nobody seriously does hunt "vampires" for a living...^.^'

Cowboy on morrowind i was the best i could kill vampires and all other creatures of the night in one hit Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha Bwahaha
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 03 2008, 17:59

i personally thank my friends at school for reading that book so i never have too (some of those people include sabaku and lm)

they say its good (awesome) and what not and i should dirt down their mouths.
    i don't see what is too like about it since girls crave it more then anything else it seems and write fan fictions about it constantly.

now i don't even care for vampires, all of them can disappear. I never really liked vampires before, but now their are just getting old
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:20

To answer the thread.

Absolutely nothing is.
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 LjWhat is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:40

CRAZY FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

TWILIGHT IS THE BEST!! I LOVE VAMPIRES!!!!!!!!!

The story is suspencful. Harry potter is shit. He dosnt even fucking do magic! I mean, really. He's the Great Harry potter, yet his ass barely does anything. His friends do everything.

Stepanie Myer is GREAT. And her book, 'The Host' is ASTONISHING! It is amazing how she can think of ideas how out minds might be taken over by souls in the future. It's weird, but fasinating. The details she comes up with. She's the FIRST person I read a story about with a REGULAR human falling in love with a vampire, and by the 3rd book, STILL not a vampire. Every other book a read, someone gets changed within the 1st few chapters of the 1st book.

Or about someone hunting a vampire and then them SQUISHING together the last ending because they ran out of time or they just wanted to get done. She dosnt do that. She details everything and makes it intensing!!

Example: 'Vampire Diaries' book 1 & 2, Midnight Predator, Secret Vampire. They rsh the ending.

Stephanie is a genius.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:42

I was at one point (Like 6th grade) Into these kinds of books but, real life is way better so...that's probably why I don't think Stephanie is...amazing? ^_^
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:47

I still wouldn't read it, vampires scare me
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 LjWhat is so fascinating about Twilight? - Page 2 Cd
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:47

Maybe. I dont like real life things. Because nothing in a book (Except school/political/newspapers/magazines) are real.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:48

Yep.

News and politics and schools are lightyears more exciting and intense then vampires to me ^_^
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:50

XD Nii, what happened to you at Birth?
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:51

quater wrote:Yep.

News and politics and schools are lightyears more exciting and intense then vampires to me ^_^

I like futuristic fiction, and nonfiction books on animals :3
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:54

knssquad wrote:

I crawled up into my mom's face and stared at her for like five seconds then giggled...

But um. Actually like I said I used to be into fiction...Then I was like....Wait...This is fiction....And not real...and then politics is real....And affects me...

Plus it's easier to hunt Vegetarians then Vampires
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Jul 03 2008, 23:54

knssquad wrote:

I don't like...Either of those Xp

Animal Fiction books rock!
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Fri Jul 04 2008, 00:00

quater wrote:
    knssquad wrote:

I crawled up into my mom's face and stared at her for like five seconds then giggled...

But um. Actually like I said I used to be into fiction...Then I was like....Wait...This is fiction....And not real...and then politics is real....And affects me...

Awwwwe!

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jul 04 2008, 00:03

Angelic Harmony wrote:
    quater wrote:
    knssquad wrote:

Awwwwe!

Q's personal moments.

I am so happy I remembered my first memory the other day!
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Fri Jul 04 2008, 00:04

I read a book called 'Animal Farm' for english.

Its based on the Russian Revolution or something like that.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jul 04 2008, 00:05

^I actually...Liked the theme of that book.

Cause the theme is really quite good if you ask me.
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Fri Jul 04 2008, 00:13

It was a good book. Ill say that much. It was interesting O_O
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jul 04 2008, 00:15

It was creepy...

And could be tied into...Real life...
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Angelic Harmony Fri Jul 04 2008, 00:23

Well, its based on a non-fiction war. It was creepy, but cool at the same time.

Using animals to symbolize the people XD Totally awsome!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 06:49