WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+9
Laura-Chan
Aichu
Choushi
spyke543
KarateKeyaQ
seshimazi
Meika-Chan
Shugo
Sasori Kung fu masta
13 posters

Camera Type Opinions?

Poll

which type?

[ 3 ]
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 2HwAlpQ25%Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 ORIszmu [25%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 2HwAlpQ25%Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 ORIszmu [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 2HwAlpQ17%Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 ORIszmu [17%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 2HwAlpQ33%Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 ORIszmu [33%] 

Total Votes: 12
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 21803
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

AMP
    Natural: 33
    Power: 18
    Instinct: 38

Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Camera Type Opinions?

Post by Shugo Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:17

Sasori Kung fu masta wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:I used to be really big with photography, and I bought a heck load of cameras, almost all the different brands they are...

Olympus IS very much worth the price, but it's more for professionals than amatures, and I'd recomend going for a slightly basic one until you feel you NEED to upgrade.

Canon is annoying as heck, sure, there are tons of different settings, but each setting only works specificially, and it's just so annoying you want to tear out your hair.

Nikon... Just no. I really hate my Nikon... So much...

With Fujifilm, not only is it cheaper, but it's simpler, and the settings work better in different places, it has a wider range of like... um.... just a wider range, to put it simply... So I would go with the Fuji.

i have had a load of experiance with cameras. of done science fair projects on them, and i've researched them ALOT, i'm definatly not an amature with these. this coming year im taking atleast two courses with photography, and i plan on possibly making it a college thing.

but i've deffinatly looked at fujifilm and olympus the most.

good luck Oh Yeah!
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 37077
    What's up Tab : Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 ThMori-Sempai
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru, n00b controll squad, Deidara,
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 16
    Power: 16
    Instinct: 16

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:17

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    shugo wrote:well overall its your choice my sister owns a nikon and she has never had probs with em there the best usually everything ive head about fuji usually is they are crap i know alot of professional photographers and they all reccomend cannon and nikon

when i first looked at cameras, canon was the fisr thing that came to my mind, but after seeing what the olympus did.. it made me look at more of them.

but actually its great that im gettingsome feedback, it makes me think twice about the fujifilm, that goes back to the bottom of the list.

some others in the possibility range were sony and leica. but leica cameras are kinda.. over budget. the range from 1,000 - 3,500 dollars. D:
    Leica cameras are completely worth the money though. They are amazing.

They should be for how much they are, but im not sure if i'm willing to spend that much on a camera just yet, they cost more then the TV my mom wants to buy, and its a really... really nice tv.
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 28860
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-22

AMP
    Natural: 1578
    Power: 1535
    Instinct: 1833

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:18

shugo wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    shugo wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    shugo wrote:well overall its your choice my sister owns a nikon and she has never had probs with em there the best usually everything ive head about fuji usually is they are crap i know alot of professional photographers and they all reccomend cannon and nikon
    I have so many problems with Nikon, you wouldn't believe.

And Fujifilm is not crap, I am very, very fond of that company, it all depends on what you're photographing, and what kind of pictures you want.

really you had probs with nykon o_0 wow thats new no one i know thats ever picked one up has ever had a prob with em
    I have a very specific photography style, and Nikon just annoys the crap out of me.

then that may have been the prob for most styles they work with no probs
    I know many, many people who hate Nikon. Perhaps it's just you have not spoken with many people. I do different types of photography, but I specilize in distance landscape, mostly snow scenes. For some reason, the Nikon just dies and hates snow.
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:19

Bloodly-Chan wrote:

when i first looked at cameras, canon was the fisr thing that came to my mind, but after seeing what the olympus did.. it made me look at more of them.

but actually its great that im gettingsome feedback, it makes me think twice about the fujifilm, that goes back to the bottom of the list.

some others in the possibility range were sony and leica. but leica cameras are kinda.. over budget. the range from 1,000 - 3,500 dollars. D:

They should be for how much they are, but im not sure if i'm willing to spend that much on a camera just yet, they cost more then the TV my mom wants to buy, and its a really... really nice tv.
    Ah, really? -has a tv worth around 10k O_o;-

Leicas are people who have nothing better to do with their money, or for pros who really, really want to have a great camera ^_^;
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Happiness bar :
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Shugo Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:19

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    shugo wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    shugo wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

And Fujifilm is not crap, I am very, very fond of that company, it all depends on what you're photographing, and what kind of pictures you want.

really you had probs with nykon o_0 wow thats new no one i know thats ever picked one up has ever had a prob with em
    I have a very specific photography style, and Nikon just annoys the crap out of me.

I know many, many people who hate Nikon. Perhaps it's just you have not spoken with many people. I do different types of photography, but I specilize in distance landscape, mostly snow scenes. For some reason, the Nikon just dies and hates snow.

ok yeha snow they suck i will admit that
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:20

Bloodly-Chan wrote:

XD
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :
    Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Camera Type Opinions? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:20

The camera i previously had, honestly, was a peice of living, breathing, useless, not good crap.

it was a sony cyber-shot, the pics were clear, but man, it did not zoom for crap and the flash sucked.

compared to some other cameras i've used, that looked like a $20 piece of poop.

and trust me, it wasnt no $20 dollars.
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:20

shugo wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    shugo wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    shugo wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

ok yeha snow they suck i will admit that
    Exactally. Fujifilm is very good at picking up snow. And Olympus.
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:21

Sasori Kung fu masta wrote:The camera i previously had, honestly, was a peice of living, breathing, useless, not good crap.

it was a sony cyber-shot, the pics were clear, but man, it did not zoom for crap and the flash sucked.

I have a canon that I am quite fond of, I don't remember the number, but just as a warning... It got a lot worse after the first 2 months I bought it. The quality started to go down, and the time between shots also went down, not to mention the zoom. So you also want to look at the time deteriotion.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:22

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

Leicas are people who have nothing better to do with their money, or for pros who really, really want to have a great camera ^_^;

if i go into collage for photography, i'll seriously consider a leica. but for now, im sticking with something.. about $500-$700 cheaper. XP
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:22

Sasori Kung fu masta wrote:The camera i previously had, honestly, was a peice of living, breathing, useless, not good crap.

yeah most of the shots i take quick need no zoom XD its more like hey look at that takes pic plus im insanely poor XD if i had the money i would have the camera you and blood were talking about a post or so back XD
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:22

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

if i go into collage for photography, i'll seriously consider a leica. but for now, im sticking with something.. about $500-$700 cheaper. XP
    Good.

Still, that's a pretty expensive camera. I'd say go for the Olympus.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:23

Bloodly-Chan wrote:

I have a canon that I am quite fond of, I don't remember the number, but just as a warning... It got a lot worse after the first 2 months I bought it. The quality started to go down, and the time between shots also went down, not to mention the zoom. So you also want to look at the time deteriotion.

Aha, i'll be sure to ask them about it.

but my camera was crappy to begin with XD
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:24

Bloodly-Chan wrote:

It was around 100 dollars, just as a helpful hint. I believe it was something 87.

I bet it could have got worse though XP
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:24

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

Good.

The olympus is the most expensive of the poll options at around 500 dollars.

the rest are below 399 dollars. i think the lowest is around 249 dollars, and im pretty sure thats the fujifilm.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:25

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

It was around 100 dollars, just as a helpful hint. I believe it was something 87.

I bet it could have got worse though XP

mine was around 200 dollars. piece a poop..

it did, because i dropped it and the lense went right into the camera :D

it wont even turn on anymore. :\
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:26

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

Good.

The olympus is the most expensive of the poll options at around 500 dollars.

the rest are below 399 dollars. i think the lowest is around 249 dollars, and im pretty sure thats the fujifilm.
    Ahh, that's a different money frame than I assumed. I'd still say go for the Olympus, but if not, then the fujifilm.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shugo Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:27

nikon Cowboy or cannon that all i have left to say other than that fuck it XD
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:28

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Ahh, that's a different money frame than I assumed. I'd still say go for the Olympus, but if not, then the fujifilm.

i know with fujifilm you cant extend the lense, like.. add on to it with more advanced lenses, (atleast not the one i like most)

but it seems like you can with the olympus sp570 modle.. the pictures show it with a regular lense.. then theres a really extended one.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:29

shugo wrote:nikon Cowboy or cannon that all i have left to say other than that fuck it XD

XD well sheesh.

i just dont think i can trust the material holding the lense! its plastic. and not that clear. >,<
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:29

Bloodly-Chan wrote:

i know with fujifilm you cant extend the lense, like.. add on to it with more advanced lenses, (atleast not the one i like most)

but it seems like you can with the olympus sp570 modle.. the pictures show it with a regular lense.. then theres a really extended one.
    Olympus is huge with zooming and what not. But Fuji covers a wider range of lighting and what not
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:31

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

Olympus is huge with zooming and what not. But Fuji covers a wider range of lighting and what not

i could use lighting more then zoom.. and the fujifilm i saw had amazing zoom..

but the picture is faarrr more clear with olympus.. which i guess you'd need with all that zoom, no? my oh my.. i guess when i go to the store i'm going to ask them to compare it for me.

I have narrowed it down to fuji and olympus! :D
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:34

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

but the picture is faarrr more clear with olympus.. which i guess you'd need with all that zoom, no? my oh my.. i guess when i go to the store i'm going to ask them to compare it for me.

hehe, that would be my choices too.

Well, if the picture's clear, you can blow it up and what not Happy
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:36

Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:
    Bloodly-Chan wrote:

hehe, that would be my choices too.

Well, if the picture's clear, you can blow it up and what not Happy

usually i try and make them smaller. XD
    but then again for projects i do need pictures to be blown up..

uhfisfhejkl confusion :D

oh well, i have the two choices now so i think i can go from here..

but more opinions are alwasy welcome :3
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Mon Jun 23 2008, 01:38

It's your choice now Happy

Glad I could help

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 06:48