WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grr... dad got my computer attacked. X.x

Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Grr... dad got my computer attacked. X.x Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Grr... dad got my computer attacked. X.x Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

Grr... dad got my computer attacked. X.x Empty Grr... dad got my computer attacked. X.x

Post by Lunami

So, I was asleep one day, and my parents thought it'd be a great idea to use my laptop! How fun, right? They needed my password, and put me in a more or less "You must let us use it situation." So bleh, sign in, do my usual stuff I do when I sign in (clean stuff up, change the desktop around, etc...). Well, apparently, my dad isn't well liked, so when he signed into this on MMO my family plays, someone who doesn't like him decided to do something unfriendly, attack the computer he was on, which happened to be mine. Grumble mumble... So, what happens?

Nothing out of the ordinary, just two of my programs being deleted (at least that I'm aware of), my computer taking an awful performance hit, and a few of my firewall settings had to be readjusted. I'm hoping the latter wasn't my dad's doing. >.>

So bleh. X.x

So what if it kills my karma, he isn't touching this again... bad enough I may have to format my hard drive.. I wonder if the new Ubuntu will run my games without too much configuration...

Okay, ranting done. Pondering time. X.x
    Share this post on: reddit

SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Oct 15 2010, 12:11 by SickSelfishSyQo

linux is awful.
    Lunami

Post Fri Oct 15 2010, 13:34 by Lunami

In what way? The only issue I've had with it is compatability with various games and the like, and that's the fault of various companies, not with Linux. Everything else was just fine.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Oct 15 2010, 13:36 by SickSelfishSyQo

It wasn't compatible with ANYTHING, it seemed. Andt the set-up was odd. I guess I just didn't like it.
    Lunami

Post Fri Oct 15 2010, 14:03 by Lunami

Depends on what distro you were using though. Some are user friendly (Ubuntu), some aren't, like... at all. Ubuntu is often considered the gateway to Linux. You start with the elementary before going up. But really, the compatability issue isn't Linux's fault, because companies aren't making versions to run it. Mac and Windows are more popular, so they stick to those, but not everyone is able to use Windows or Mac (cos they cost money to buy those systems, seeing as most of Linux's software is free).

While some of these things can be more or less forced to work (through Wine, for example, for games and other MS software), it's a bit of a hassle for some of them, but they certainly do work.

It's like eating a bowl of Corn Flakes with a knife. Doable, but takes some getting used too. Sometimes, using a spoon is helpful, but a knife has it's other uses, just as a spoon does.
    Mikel

Post Thu Oct 21 2010, 14:02 by Mikel

too bad
    Toshii

Post Sat Oct 23 2010, 10:23 by Toshii

awww luna D:
    Lunami

Post Sat Oct 23 2010, 18:01 by Lunami

It's fine now. lol I just need to do some things to it... Like prevent my dad from using it. >.>
    Toshii

Post Sun Oct 24 2010, 12:11 by Toshii

lol okay :o
    Lunami

Post Sun Oct 24 2010, 12:35 by Lunami

Yup! I only allow one person to use it now. >.>

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01 2024, 17:50