WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Destinykil
quater
Lunami
7 posters

To WotN

Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    To WotN Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100To WotN Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

To WotN Empty To WotN

Post by Lunami Thu Feb 25 2010, 13:42

~ Read last comment made by me.

Last edited by Lunami on Fri Feb 26 2010, 02:42; edited 1 time in total
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    To WotN Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100To WotN Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

To WotN Empty Re: To WotN

Post by quater Thu Feb 25 2010, 17:00

The new members aren't obsessed with WOTN. They just actually like it. As someone who is new to the world outside of Storm, especially the old Clique, this is probably astonishing news to hear about. In fact, throughout most of WOTN's history a large number of the populace here actually liked the site.

The fact is, you were always a part of a small anti-WOTN crowd that, for whatever purposes, stayed on WOTN and grumbled and complained. Whenever something new was happening on WOTN this group of people would whine, or even when things were looking great for WOTN they'd go around mumbling about how things had changed.

And guess what? Thankfully most of these people have been filtered out of the site, and been replaced with lively, happy, enthusiastic people who actually come to WOTN to have fun. An archaic purpose of the site that a lot of users have forgotten.

I mentioned new to the world outside of Storm, because for the longest period of time Storm Village complained. About everything. They disliked WOTN, saw themselves as superior in every way to those who enjoyed WOTN, and they looked down on those around them. They loudly grumbled about anything they could. (Not all of storm. Notable exceptions: GL, Darnas, Meika, and even Sabaku after she came around)

And guess what? Almost of all of Storm has been obliterated in time, with new members lacking. And yet WOTN stands strong, a bastion of fun for many users of the site.

Why did I feel the need to direct all this at you? For starters, you are very unashamed of your unhappiness on WOTN.

Secondly, it wasn't all directed at you, even if it was all attached to your blog. There's a large group of people that you associated with (or didn't) that think just like you.

Thirdly, you commented on the WOTNians who now like WOTN as if they are strange and as you put it, "particularly some of the newcomers who have essentially become obsessed with this site." They aren't obsessed. They just actually enjoy the site. A relatively foreign concept to you, but a normal one for the rest of us. WOTN is meant to be enjoyed.

And lastly, because you mentioned your circle of friends was shrinking. Well no duh. People who unfairly despise WOTN and complain are thankfully disappearing off the site, and it's a good thing. To be blunt, they were rather annoying, not all the time, but a lot of the time.
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    To WotN Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100To WotN Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 0

Post by Destinykil Thu Feb 25 2010, 17:56

Lunami, you have just been OWNED by the great kazekage, cut your loses and go cry in a corner

Yes i know i am a jerk
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    To WotN Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100To WotN Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Instinct: 8

Post by Lunami Thu Feb 25 2010, 19:00

~ Read last comment made by me.

Last edited by Lunami on Fri Feb 26 2010, 02:42; edited 1 time in total
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    To WotN Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100To WotN Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Thu Feb 25 2010, 20:56

I'd buy into all that garbage you just said Lunami, if you hadn't attacked and been repulsed by the people that go to WOTN by calling them "particularly some of the newcomers who have essentially become obsessed with this site."

That's where I got tired of you. If you come here for your old friends, then fine. Go here for them. No one really cares, to be honest.

But if you're gonna make fun of people that come here for friendship and fun and call them obsessive, we have a problem.

And as I pointed out, you're a part of a clique, a mindset of people who have been complaining for two years straight. You may not be the first of that clique, the most boisterous, or even the most adherent, but for years people have been a part of the mindset. Examples - AkiQ, Sasori, Charm, Punkfilter, Jose, PeinQ (Who has recently turned away from that), Aichu, Sado, etc. These people are all others who have complained the same complaints as you. But they didn't make a blog for me to post my frustration with these people in. You did, suh. So that's why I zeroed in on you.

Lastly, here's a good question: Why call people you don't know obsessive and what not, if all you're trying to say is you come here for the good friends? Say that instead of all the other stuff: I come here for friends.

And why does coming here for friends make WOTN a bad place? Be thankful WOTN helped bring you these people, huh? And be thankful WOTN's still around, directly because of the policies we leaders of the site enacted, so you can still talk to them?

As to your hypothetical, I would not follow them to Gaia. My friends here on WOTN are great, but if everyone disappeared to Gaia and WOTN sank, I would just go somewhere else and start a new name for myself. I'd make a new site, join a new forum, maybe become a Deviant. Who knows what I could do.

And if you're gonna complain about WOTN but tell no one why your 'reasoning is' then everyone's going to think you're a moron. That'd be like me going. "I'm against abortion!" "Why?" "My reasoning is my own and I prefer to keep it that way as is my right."

Edit: Moron was a bit tough, but people will be annoyed at you complaining and not telling everyone why you complain. It's uncool and no one really wants to hear it.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    To WotN Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100To WotN Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by amaterasu Thu Feb 25 2010, 21:07

wait, you like the people, but not the site?

~You have a friend in me~