WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For lack of better Ranting place

amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    For lack of better Ranting place Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100For lack of better Ranting place Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

For lack of better Ranting place Empty For lack of better Ranting place

Post by amaterasu

Okay

Religion
    Spoiler:
    The underline ones are ones that don't work, since they use the root word religion in their definition, which makes it not a definition.

Atheism is a religion.

Because it is a belief system, and too many atheists say they don't believe any religions are true, so basically they don't know what to believe.

Guah!
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Thu Jan 28 2010, 20:42 by quater

Actually Atheists know what to believe. It is that no god exists. Ever. But mother nature has near godlike properties in creating the world, but even though the Earth has survived tons of catastrophic events, nature is extremely fragile since burning pollutants can kill it, but life on other planets is totally realistic (making life not fragile as it would seem).

Also, there are different branches of atheism. They all can disagree on thousands of properties, but they are united in this: No god exists.

Or at least no Christian God, as they find all others pretty tolerant.
    amaterasu

Post Thu Jan 28 2010, 20:49 by amaterasu

Well, that seems true

although, really Mother Nature is a stupid idea
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Thu Jan 28 2010, 22:24 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

I was about to say exactly what Q said, but a dumber version xDD
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 02:56 by SickSelfishSyQo

(*disclaimer : so not here to make waves, just curious of opinions and whatnot)

Why is Mother nature a stupid idea??
    quater

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 03:13 by quater

I had a feeling SSS would ask that.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 03:18 by SickSelfishSyQo

Now why would you just assume something like that, Kazekage?? ^^;
    quater

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 03:30 by quater

It wasn't an assumption, more like a prediction~ But Amaterasu made the Mother Nature being stupid comment, so I'll let him deal wit it.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 03:31 by SickSelfishSyQo

Thanks much! Ama has an... interesting way of saying things - I wanted to hear it ^^
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 04:25 by CrispinFreemanWatcher16

quater wrote:Actually Atheists know what to believe. It is that no god exists. Ever. But mother nature has near godlike properties in creating the world, but even though the Earth has survived tons of catastrophic events, nature is extremely fragile since burning pollutants can kill it, but life on other planets is totally realistic (making life not fragile as it would seem).

Also, there are different branches of atheism. They all can disagree on thousands of properties, but they are united in this: No god exists.

Or at least no Christian God, as they find all others pretty tolerant.

^i agree with this.
    amaterasu

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 08:22 by amaterasu

SickSelfishSycho wrote:(*disclaimer : so not here to make waves, just curious of opinions and whatnot)

It is a stupid Idea, because it says

1. Nature is a self spirit type thing that is powerful, and basicallycreated all life on earth and sustains. Almost like Gaia of the old Greco-Roman, except adopted into our beliefs.

2. Also it takes place of the real creator who reigns on his thrown.

3. Are we really going to believe that some type of "women" goes around and takes care of the world? That is most fable then reality.
    Choushi

Post Fri Jan 29 2010, 16:26 by Choushi

i read this somewhere i cant remember it clearly tho but it went a little something like this i think...

"if there was a time when nothing existed, then nothing would exist now...since everything comes from somewhere we cant say that there was a time when there was nothing"
    it kinda proves theres a creator....GOD
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 03:19 by SickSelfishSyQo

amaterasu wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:(*disclaimer : so not here to make waves, just curious of opinions and whatnot)

It is a stupid Idea, because it says

1. Nature is a self spirit type thing that is powerful, and basicallycreated all life on earth and sustains. Almost like Gaia of the old Greco-Roman, except adopted into our beliefs.

2. Also it takes place of the real creator who reigns on his thrown.

3. Are we really going to believe that some type of "women" goes around and takes care of the world? That is most fable then reality.

~ It doesn't say nature is a spirit type thing that is powerful and created everything. It does sustain life. The earth provides you with food and water, without which you would die a horrid death.

~ Of course it does. If that's what you believe in.

~ This would be something of a bad place for a chick joke, if that's what this last part is.
    If it's not - then it's ridiculous.
    quater

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:14 by quater

I can help Ama on this one, I think when he refers to Mother Nature being stupid I believe he means the entity of Nature being it's own cognizant entity. He refers to the mother of nature from Greco-Roman times and the way that Nature sometimes is believed to be a powerful being of it's own that can control things. It's really late, but people nowadays do still believe in that kind of thing. I remember I argued with a very intelligent Darwinist for 2 hours and when it came to the end of the day, he'd rather believe in a shapeless beingless all powerful Nature entity than admit their was a God that he couldn't understand and comprehend. Also, most enviro whack jobs talk about Mother Nature in this same worshipful way.

So I do believe he was referring to that kind of Mother Nature, not the kind of mother nature where you just talk about how loving Nature can be and how beautiful and providing it is. Which, by the way, suggest a creator, since random chance of volatile chemicals and atoms colliding into each other rarely make for beauty or provision.

Again, this is late so my normal clarity is lacking.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:20 by SickSelfishSyQo

I see, I see.

Yes! That it does. Things in chaos, don't just organize themselves. It's like a box with a buch of mechanical parts in it. The parts (when put together) make up a car. Unless somebody actually goes in and pieces these parts together the chances of them coming together to form a functional car is rather limited ^^

Yeah. I couldn't tell by your grammar or anything xp
    quater

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:31 by quater

I do believe a few run on sentences got smudged in there, yes.

That's actually a pretty good argument I've heard a few times. It's really solid when you get to the biology of animals and people~ There are something like 216 bones in the human body, all in the same spot, shape, weight, and strength we need to work as humans and if any of those elements were drastically changed, say a rib bone went where a wrist bone should be, or a leg bone came in backwards, we'd be useless if not dead. Yet the chances of us just coming out perfectly when our bone structure came to be is so severely astronomical that the only thing of chance that it even dwarfs a President Obama spending plan.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:34 by SickSelfishSyQo

I'm not sure I got that last sentence there O_o
    quater

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:35 by quater

I was saying it's a realllllly big chance that if it just happened spontaneously.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:36 by SickSelfishSyQo

Gotcha.
    quater

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:39 by quater

No problems! Sowwy for my slurred sleepiness. 3 Am isn't my thing like it is yours!
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:42 by SickSelfishSyQo

It's alright - I was just hoping I didn't miss something. Isn't it closer to 4 there??
    quater

Post Sat Jan 30 2010, 04:45 by quater

Mhm!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 17:12