WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
CLAIRVOYANTdisease
spyke543
6 posters

Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers?

Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers?

Post by Aichu Thu Sep 03 2009, 22:12

quater wrote:Its actually really scary because Marvel and DC Comics have been pumping out fantastic Super Hero movies lately. If we lose Marvel we pretty much lose half that. And Disney is like the Federal Government. It comes in promising to help and then screws everything up.
    Do you see the reason to phear now? I saw this in a newspaper this morning and it was fearsome. Disney has become such a pathetic brand recently. Name any good movies Disney has done lately, and you'd be hard pressed to find one. If they Botch up Marvel, that'd be a real downer.

Disney has a hard time marketing to guys? Really? Really Disney? You wondering why that's not a success? Really?

Disney makes only bad movies? Marvel makes only good movies? Oh really?

Disney released UP.

Marvel released Fantastic Four 2.

Hmmm...

Oh, and D.C. sells itself to Warner and we get the Dark Knight. That was such a screw-up. It would suck if the same thing happened to Marvel, right?

^_^
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Empty Re: Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers?

Post by quater Thu Sep 03 2009, 23:24

Pixar released up. True, they are also related to Disney but let us also remember that Disney has the most power, money, and fame of any other Kids Market Media and guess what? They can make about one good movie a year, followed by a slew of 8 bad ones.

Oh, Warner is related to the mess up that is Disney? Well then we better fear.

Why do Canadians always try, and fail very hard, to prove me wrong. If you check my next post I explain very well Disney's releases, its successes, and complete failures.
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :
    Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Aichu Fri Sep 04 2009, 15:48

What I am saying is, just because one company is bought up by another doesn't mean it is going to change. If a company appears to be doing well, it is bought into by another company because they want a PROFIT.

I don't think Disney is that stupid. They know people will be skeptical. They know if they screw around with Marvel's formular too much they'll loose profit.

We like to argue with you because it gets boring sitting around in an igloo all day ^_^
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Your friendly neighborhood... Jonas Brothers? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Fri Sep 04 2009, 16:01

Really? I thought companies bought each other so they could lose money. I will have to check up on my economics. Of course Disney bought Marvel to make money. But that doesn't mean they will. Do you blindly assume that now that Disney bought it they will make more money? Yes, they bought it because Marvel has made kick butt movies lately. What you fail to realize is that there is a good chance this won't continue forever under Disney.

You don't? Have you seen the mess that is Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, recent Disney movies, or other Disney outlets? They bought marvel so they could better market to boys. But here's a good question: why is the biggest Children's company even having a problem marketing to boys? They have been around for decades they should know how to market to young boys better than any other company. So why are you putting faith in a company that after decades of broadcasting has only just recently realized boys like Super Hero Movies?

How very dull. Glad I can help.
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Aichu Fri Sep 04 2009, 16:15

Just making sure you know the basics ;)

Still don't see how this is going to have any impact on Marvel. It seems to me that Disney is the one who needs Marvel, and not vice versa: they aren't likely to do any major restructuring of any kind.

I mean, look at Pixar. Does being under Disney instantly mean that Disney's poor decisions affect their performance?

But it looks like we'll have to wait until the next Marvel flick is released to settle this.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Sep 04 2009, 16:24

Yes, I am quite aware of Pixar. I believe I have argued for it in every post. That doesn't change the fact that when companies go under cooperation with Disney they start to change. Disney has to change them! They have political correctness and tons of other outlets to adhere to.

Wrong. If you read the article they said it wouldn't be till about 2012 till we'd see the changes.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12 2024, 04:31