WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
KarateKeyaQ
TheFirstKnight
Meika-Chan
quater
SickSelfishSyQo
Darkflame
PeinQAkatsuki
amaterasu
12 posters

A thought on Freedom

amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

A thought on Freedom Empty A thought on Freedom

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 02 2009, 21:51

Deleted, we are sorry, this part of the post is no longer for viewing, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

recently I have been thinking of Freedom, or rather what it means to have freedom.

here are some of my thoughts, because I want to know what others think but also to express my thoughts.

A lot of teenagers (or apparently a lot of them, if they still think this, perhaps I am in the pass tense now D:) perhaps just the hippy ones say freedom is like expression, like gay marriage and dress however you like and abortion and speaking and doing whatever you want and stuff like that. But that in itself isn't and cannot be freedom at all because all you are doing is becoming a slave to your desires.

Besides being a sin, being a homosexual has no real advantage, you can't naturally (through the process of natural sex, not with machines and stuff) create babies and stuff. Plus apparently you live longer if you have a natural relationship (man and women). If Darwin is right (and he is not, but for this point I will use some of his "stuff" or whatever) gays would have bad genes and the population should discourage being gay for the better of the people. But enough of that, the freedom of being gay isn't really freedom because of something else as well. If it was freedom you could stop at any moment. The Fact that People say they can't change that (although many people who have been gay are now straight, and praise the LORD for that)proves that they are only following their desires, and do not want to give it up, which is why they say it is natural, however no proof has been found that would suggest that some people are born gay.

A person (actually many people) do strive to be free from the law, or from something else, and they try to be their own masters and do whatever they feel is right and stuff like that as if they were gods, or something. The fact is no matter where we go, or chose how to live, we will always be a slave of something, our desires, of God, or the devil, or money, of work, it can really be anything. If you leave one thing, you just become a slave to another. Being told that we can become our own rulers, or gods so it will, is in fact the first lie ever told (by Satan to eve). Meaning (and I might be digressing) we can't really truly be free. At least not through human means, but that is a different story.

The freedom we have isn't really freedom, at least that is what I have been pondering over the past couple of days. Each and every person needs something to live under, a banner if you will. For some it can be Jesus, and the cause of Christianity, others may stand under the democratic part, others the republican party, still to others to their own ideas and still others to the green party (Canadian politics joke :D) and most likely to something that has great influence. Either way, freedom really is being able to chose what to live for (it may not be right) such as perhaps freedom of abortion. and to stand for that, or sit if your legs are tired from all the protesting.

I am not saying stand up for what you believe in, because really that isn't what I believe, (and it may seem contradictory, for the next be on my part) but rather stand up for the truth, that is what I believe in.

This post would probably have been a lot smaller if I had said something liek we can't be free or truly have freedom, because we are a slave of somethign no matter what it is or where we are.
    but since that isn't how I do things, and I only thought of doing that now after typing this long post, I am going to leave it as it is, because it will most likely confuse some people, I apologize in advance it might not be the easiest read.:D

I hope you would read this, long posts may turn people away, but don't be afraid I don't use hard vocabulary, and sorry for any spelling mistakes, i am looking forwards to your thoughts and that stuff

Last edited by amaterasu on Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:14; edited 1 time in total
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27316
    What's up Tab : Homie Purp && Homie Blue: Ghetto since 2009
    A thought on Freedom Ightning
    PeinQ & ThiCup: Non-photogenic buddies~ :D
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-25

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power:
    Instinct: 2

A thought on Freedom Empty Re: A thought on Freedom

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:12

I read a good deal of it >__O Your avie and wassup tab kept distracting me though.

I think humans have restricted freedom. That being, you cannot defy the law like robbing a bank or whatever, but you aren't cooped up in buildings. And no one is free from ridicule. No one, whatsoever. Homosexuals are free to do what they please, but they will forever be ridiculed by people who think being gay is...bad.

Personally, I believe in the theory that God cares more about how you treat people, than who you sleep with. Homosexuality is waaay below world peace and trying to stop world hunger. Homosexuality is most likely down by rock and rap music and swearing at the very very bottom of his list of human issues.

I also think that as long as people are happy, then they have the right to be with who they please. Homosexuality is a really sensitive topic though. As is abortion.

Freedom is a theory. That's what I think.
    Darkflame
    Darkflame
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 20354
    What's up Tab : My ava is from FF12

Grad Class 2011, if your graduating add this someplace on your profile!!!
    Fanclubs : WOTN Brigade, Naruto, Kabuto, FMA, SE
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 280
    Power: 280
    Instinct: 280

Post by Darkflame Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:15

hmm I read the whole thing, and Ama, tbh, I think this topic will come up at school over the next school year (your grad year and my junior year)
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:18

Freedom is not an expression. It's a state of mind, I think.

Using your examples - homosexuality is only a sin in Christian religions (and a few others). I, just like many other people, do not consider it one. It isn't really considered a freedom like you said (but for a different reason). It's just what some people chose to do - how they chose to live. It most certainly does have advantages, by the way. What if you don't want children?? Don't have sex?? Most people do not die as virgins.

Doing what you want doesn't mean you think you are the god of yourself. Why do we all have to be slaves of something?? Can't we have even parts of the things we like (and the things we don't like - work etc) in our lives??

As for standing up for the truth... Everybody has different truths. For example Jesus is your truth. He's not mine. So people stand up for what they believe in.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:22

ADD ON:

The reason I think freedom is a theory/expression is because you can't see it. You just know it. Like feelings and ideas, ...well you can kind of see ideas in your mind's eye, but feelings. You can't see them, really. You can see the effects of feelings.

As with freedom. You can see the effects of freedom, and you can see freedom in action. But it has no definite form.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:28

I wasn't even going to reply but PeinQ's post was so inane the part about world peace and world hunger I had to say something.

God said the hungry and poor will always be with you.

He said that the longer we are on Earth the worse our wars will get.

So stretching for World Peace and World hunger, though nice to try are unlikely.

However, individuals must choose. And God never said rap music was bad. You have to be kidding me. PeinQ you should read some of the Bible before figuring out how God works. Of course if you don't believe in the Bible then don't capitalize your G's cause we Christians have that God trademarked.

I can't see Gravity PeinQ, but I sure believe in it. Can't see inertia either.

People need to quit standing up for stupidity is my belief.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:36

Are you implying that I'm stupid?

Some people believe that rock and roll and rap are sinful music, but I think that they're not one of His greater issues.

And, I'm not very religious. I do believe in God, and yes I do own a Bible, but I don't read it. I've only gone to church a maximum of five times. Maximum. But I still talk to God if I need to. I believe that the bible tells the truth for Christian people. As does every other Bible-like equivalent for every religion. Everyone has their creation story that they believe in, and I think that's good enough. You don't need to be a disciple to have God love you.

No one can see gravity, Q. Or inertia. No one can see freedom either. But, people (including myself) believe in that as well.

Besides, this is a thread about freedom. Not religion. There's already a thread about religion that I don't post in for a reason.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:42

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:Are you implying that I'm stupid?

Some people believe that rock and roll and rap are sinful music, but I think that they're not one of His greater issues.

And, I'm not very religious. I do believe in God, and yes I do own a Bible, but I don't read it. I've only gone to church a maximum of five times. Maximum. But I still talk to God if I need to. I believe that the bible tells the truth for Christian people. As does every other Bible-like equivalent for every religion. Everyone has their creation story that they believe in, and I think that's good enough. You don't need to be a disciple to have God love you.

No one can see gravity, Q. Or inertia. No one can see freedom either. But, people (including myself) believe in that as well.

Besides, this is a thread about freedom. Not religion. There's already a thread about religion that I don't post in for a reason.

I didn't imply you are stupid. I stated you made an inane post. Difference.

I have no idea what Bible those people read.

I didn't ask if you owned a Bible. Oh Man... I said before making statements about how God views sin (That's God with a capital G) read some of the Bible. But if we are talking about god (lil g) then you can say whatever you want. And if God asked you to be a disciple and you refused to be his Disciple why would he still love you? You're purposefully disobeying him and you expect him to treat you fairly? Yar.

Which was my point. But I misread your add on post for something more than it was.

At the end I said I hate when people stand up for stupid. That was completely irrelevant to your post. It was my own belief.

And no one posts in the religion thread. Its buried deep in the Ramen Shop and even when you did post there I schooled you. (Noffense)
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:50

quater wrote:

I didn't ask if you owned a Bible. Oh Man... I said before making statements about how God views sin (That's God with a capital G) read some of the Bible. But if we are talking about god (lil g) then you can say whatever you want. And if God asked you to be a disciple and you refused to be his Disciple why would he still love you? You're purposefully disobeying him and you expect him to treat you fairly? Yar.

Which was my point. But I misread your add on post for something more than it was.

At the end I said I hate when people stand up for stupid. That was completely irrelevant to your post. It was my own belief.

And no one posts in the religion thread. Its buried deep in the Ramen Shop and even when you did post there I schooled you. (Noffense)
    Okay, I was just making sure.

That's not what I was getting at. I was just saying that I do own a Bible, giving background information to the answer to your question: the answer being that I do not read the bible.

Perhaps everyone has their own views on God, because mine are certainly different than yours. And what I meant by disciple, was that if he asks you to be one, then you should be one. I wasn't using that word in that context. I was using the word as, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to read the bible, but as long as you believe in him and love him, then that should be good enough. That was what I meant, sorry I didn't quite clear that up. I probably used the wrong word anyways.

Yes, but I didn't appreciate you (was it you? Maybe it was someone else...) or whoever it was saying that I called God a liar, because I didn't.

Those people don't read your bible. They read theirs, and they believe in their own god. Or gods, depending on the religion. That's their truth, not mine, not yours.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:52

Nightmare wrote:hmm I read the whole thing, and Ama, tbh, I think this topic will come up at school over the next school year (your grad year and my junior year)

first off what does tbh stand for?

to be hung?

(i was going for to be continued, but the h spoiled it for me D:)
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:53

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:
    quater wrote:

Okay, I was just making sure.

That's not what I was getting at. I was just saying that I do own a Bible, giving background information to the answer to your question: the answer being that I do not read the bible.

Perhaps everyone has their own views on God, because mine are certainly different than yours. And what I meant by disciple, was that if he asks you to be one, then you should be one. I wasn't using that word in that context. I was using the word as, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to read the bible, but as long as you believe in him and love him, then that should be good enough. That was what I meant, sorry I didn't quite clear that up. I probably used the wrong word anyways.

Yes, but I didn't appreciate you (was it you? Maybe it was someone else...) or whoever it was saying that I called God a liar, because I didn't.

Those people don't read your bible. They read theirs, and they believe in their own god. Or gods, depending on the religion. That's their truth, not mine, not yours.

Which is why I said you should read the Bible. Owning it and reading it are a bit different. Its also one of the most cited books in all of literature so it comes in handy to know the Bible.

Well, what if God did ask you to be a disciple and you aren't being a disciple in the right way?

That doesn't sound like me, and if it was me I merely used your own words against you. That's something I do, as I am sure you've noticed.

You haven't read your Bible so what are you talking about them reading their own?
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 28860
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-22

AMP
    Natural: 1578
    Power: 1535
    Instinct: 1833

Post by Meika-Chan Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:53

To be honest, Ama.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:55

SickSelfishSycho wrote:Freedom is not an expression. It's a state of mind, I think.

Using your examples - homosexuality is only a sin in Christian religions (and a few others). I, just like many other people, do not consider it one. It isn't really considered a freedom like you said (but for a different reason). It's just what some people chose to do - how they chose to live. It most certainly does have advantages, by the way. What if you don't want children?? Don't have sex?? Most people do not die as virgins.

Doing what you want doesn't mean you think you are the god of yourself. Why do we all have to be slaves of something?? Can't we have even parts of the things we like (and the things we don't like - work etc) in our lives??

As for standing up for the truth... Everybody has different truths. For example Jesus is your truth. He's not mine. So people stand up for what they believe in.

I was going to reply to one thing of yours, but I guess I will link youa video as well.
    First off is on what if people don't want kids, My sister doesn't want kids, she is marrying a man, they will have sex (and for a sibling that is something I cannot and never will imagine), not wanting kids means nothing because there are gay couples who want kids so they adopt or something

second is about truth, rather than explain it, check out this video

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=951c88bd2f3cc50de94b

(Q just showed it to me about 10 minutes ago, I knew it would be helpful)
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 02 2009, 22:58

no one posts in that lost thread anymore Pity

anyway I am beginning to wonder if most people should watch that video (that was a thought out loud, not directed to anyone)
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 02 2009, 23:04

Meika-Chan wrote:To be honest, Ama.

huh?
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 28860
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-22

AMP
    Natural: 1578
    Power: 1535
    Instinct: 1833

Post by Meika-Chan Thu Jul 02 2009, 23:06

amaterasu wrote:
    Meika-Chan wrote:To be honest, Ama.

huh?
    tbh --> to be honest
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 8141
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-07-13

AMP

Post by TheFirstKnight Fri Jul 03 2009, 00:23

holy hell! so much words and what not. My feeble mind can not comprehend this!

hehe, inertia, that reminds of inertia welding.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Fri Jul 03 2009, 01:12

amaterasu wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:Freedom is not an expression. It's a state of mind, I think.

I was going to reply to one thing of yours, but I guess I will link youa video as well.
    First off is on what if people don't want kids, My sister doesn't want kids, she is marrying a man, they will have sex (and for a sibling that is something I cannot and never will imagine), not wanting kids means nothing because there are gay couples who want kids so they adopt or something

second is about truth, rather than explain it, check out this video

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=951c88bd2f3cc50de94b

(Q just showed it to me about 10 minutes ago, I knew it would be helpful)

I thank you for the fabulous video that has shown me even more that no matter what, we will not agree on this topic. ^^
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP

Post by KarateKeyaQ Fri Jul 03 2009, 01:22

I's agree with SSS about that ;D

And the fact that people argue over religion is the very reason why I don't care for it. Believe in yourself, that's enough until you die I guess. <-Random, I know. Take no offense in it.

It's a sin to be gay AND listen to rap music? Man, that guy has a lot of rules.

haha, "holy hell" xD

&& i thought he said tcb instead of tbh xD
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Fri Jul 03 2009, 02:56

KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    . Believe in yourself, that's enough until you die I guess. <-Random, I know. Take no offense to it.

*can't wait to see the response this generates ^^*
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Jul 03 2009, 11:08

SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    . Believe in yourself, that's enough until you die I guess. <-Random, I know. Take no offense to it.

*Waits with you*
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by Aichu Fri Jul 03 2009, 12:19

world peace

World peace is the greatest joke ever invented, Pein.

Now then.

Good post. I have nothing more to add.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 73947
    What's up Tab : A thought on Freedom JK0f7
    "Shoot a mushroom I don't even know anymore."
    : Yoyo's Fanfic :
    I won't stop caring about you~ Q
    I am: the CEO of Confusion
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-10-25

AMP
    Natural: 50
    Power: Fire Fist
    Instinct: 44

Post by Yoyo Fri Jul 03 2009, 13:04

quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    KarateKeyaQ wrote:

*Waits with you*

*waits with Fish and Q*
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Fri Jul 03 2009, 13:21

Aichu wrote:
    world peace

Now then.

who had a good post?
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Happiness bar :
    A thought on Freedom Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100A thought on Freedom Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by Aichu Fri Jul 03 2009, 14:07

sabaku no ketsueki wrote:
    Aichu wrote:
    world peace

Now then.

who had a good post?

Our 'materasu up thar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07 2024, 20:52