WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
TheFirstKnight
Darnás
naruto13227
Angelic Harmony
CLAIRVOYANTdisease
Sado
Kagamiko
quater
SickSelfishSyQo
PeinQAkatsuki
Yoyo
Little_Shiro
dark_Raptor
sabaku no ketsueki
neon kun
Titaniumxvx
knssquad
theBOSS.
NinjaPleez
amaterasu
24 posters

What is a Christian?

Kagamiko
    Kagamiko
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 6578
    What's up Tab : YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY!

"HOLY SHIZNAT You're Still Alive!"
    Size: Bronze
    -Don't post in storm for like, 8 months, then come back and start posting somewhat regularly with no warning!
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-20

AMP
    Natural: 15
    Power: 15
    Instinct: 15

What is a Christian? - Page 3 Empty Re: What is a Christian?

Post by Kagamiko Thu Feb 26 2009, 06:33

naruto13227 wrote:you guys that don't believe are surly going to hell... it says in the bible deny i front of your friends i will deny you in front of my father..

Sorry, I can't go to a place I don't believe exists. I guess I'll spend my death in some cozy place with everyone that I love instead. Too bad you'll be spending it freezing up in the clouds.
    Darnás
    Darnás
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 8067
    What's up Tab : Darn square s!
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-03

AMP
    Natural: 52
    Power: 52
    Instinct: 52

Post by Darnás Thu Feb 26 2009, 09:35

Funny title ^^
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 17:40

Kagamiko wrote:
    naruto13227 wrote:you guys that don't believe are surly going to hell... it says in the bible deny i front of your friends i will deny you in front of my father..

Sorry, I can't go to a place I don't believe exists. I guess I'll spend my death in some cozy place with everyone that I love instead. Too bad you'll be spending it freezing up in the clouds.
    That didn't make sense.

Also, you can't go somewhere that you don't believe exists?

That's not true. You can go somewhere that you don't believe exists. Your opinion on the matter doesn't matter.

I don't believe Haiti exists therefore I can never go there. What part of that logic sounds right?
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 17:53

Kagamiko wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:
    quater wrote:What were you going to say, Amaterasu? I am curious.

Secondly, Global warming is a fraud and I think adding it to your piece actually seriously takes away the authenticity of it. These last two winters have been the coldest in twenty years, the coldest for China in hundreds of years, and breaking temperature cold in others. Hardly a sign of Global Warming and there are even trends of Global Cooling. I believe in neither, but the idea that Global Warming is occurring is far fetched.

I had another point but this thread is really not a place to argue it.

Actually, the cold is a sign of global warming. As you say, this is hardly a place to discuss it (oh, do I feel like a hypocrite right now?), so long story short: The natural sweet water in the ice that are melting are affecting the balance of sweet and saltwater in the oceans throughout the world. This is making the gulf stream circulate slower, and since it's mainly thanks to the gulf stream warm winds are circulating in the north, it's getting colder. Global warming is actually the cause of the previous ice ages.

I've read a lot of stuff on that argument.

But when people use it, it never ceases to make me laugh.

So, what you're saying is that Global Warming is making things colder, right? Because ice is melting?

This would be a perfectly logical argument except for one, tiny detail.

http://www.nationalpost.com/opinion/columnists/story.html?id=332289

You see? If you read this article, you can see the ice caps are getting thicker! Not less. That's the reason why your argument, makes no sense.

Actually, it describes exactly what I wrote. Northern America is getting colder, and who knew, the major temperature regulator for Northern America and West Europe is the Gulf steam! The only thing that article says about ice caps is this "Never mind that those records only date back as far as 1972 and that there is anthropological and geological evidence of much greater melts in the past." and that is true, the ice caps melted before the previous ice age.

But you are ignoring the part of that debate that matters.

The ice isn't melting, as you said, it's thicker than ever. To say that the earth is getting colder you said the ice caps should be melting, which they aren't. They are frozen over and thicker and larger than normal. What part of that is Ice is melting creating winds?

It actually never said that. If it would have said that, it would have been a lie. It's a fact that the caps are melting, saying the opposite is being ignorant. What the article said was that the ice has melted before, and that they have been thinner than they currently are, but as I said, that is correct. And that melting caused the previous ice age.

Here's a thought. The last ice age was the mini ice age, right? If that was caused by the melting of ice caps, and you say that caused a mini ice age, then what was the pollution rate?

Were there big factories emitting carbon dioxide into the air? No, because it started in the early 1300's, well before the Industrial Revolution.

Well, then that would mean Global Warming wasn't caused by man, now wouldn't it? Because we didn't have cars at the time, and according to you the polar caps still melt. That we have absolutely no effect on the warming of our planet.

I am referring to the idea that Arctic ice is melting because of global warming. If you want to be technical, in fact, ice melts every year. During a period of time called, summer. During, summer, also known as the polar ice caps meltification season, the Ice Caps melt quite a bit, but then refreeze this land back up during the time of winter. So be proud Kagamiko, you were correct, Ice caps do melt.

But this melting has nothing to do with Global Warming, and will not cause the next Ice Age, because as I have said resoundingly, this ice is refreezing. Saying that the ice isn't refreezing and that it would cause another ice age, would be ignorant.
    Darnás
    Darnás
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Darnás Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:18

quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:

Secondly, Global warming is a fraud and I think adding it to your piece actually seriously takes away the authenticity of it. These last two winters have been the coldest in twenty years, the coldest for China in hundreds of years, and breaking temperature cold in others. Hardly a sign of Global Warming and there are even trends of Global Cooling. I believe in neither, but the idea that Global Warming is occurring is far fetched.

Actually, the cold is a sign of global warming. As you say, this is hardly a place to discuss it (oh, do I feel like a hypocrite right now?), so long story short: The natural sweet water in the ice that are melting are affecting the balance of sweet and saltwater in the oceans throughout the world. This is making the gulf stream circulate slower, and since it's mainly thanks to the gulf stream warm winds are circulating in the north, it's getting colder. Global warming is actually the cause of the previous ice ages.

So, what you're saying is that Global Warming is making things colder, right? Because ice is melting?

You see? If you read this article, you can see the ice caps are getting thicker! Not less. That's the reason why your argument, makes no sense.

Actually, it describes exactly what I wrote. Northern America is getting colder, and who knew, the major temperature regulator for Northern America and West Europe is the Gulf steam! The only thing that article says about ice caps is this "Never mind that those records only date back as far as 1972 and that there is anthropological and geological evidence of much greater melts in the past." and that is true, the ice caps melted before the previous ice age.

The ice isn't melting, as you said, it's thicker than ever. To say that the earth is getting colder you said the ice caps should be melting, which they aren't. They are frozen over and thicker and larger than normal. What part of that is Ice is melting creating winds?

It actually never said that. If it would have said that, it would have been a lie. It's a fact that the caps are melting, saying the opposite is being ignorant. What the article said was that the ice has melted before, and that they have been thinner than they currently are, but as I said, that is correct. And that melting caused the previous ice age.

Here's a thought. The last ice age was the mini ice age, right? If that was caused by the melting of ice caps, and you say that caused a mini ice age, then what was the pollution rate?

Were there big factories emitting carbon dioxide into the air? No, because it started in the early 1300's, well before the Industrial Revolution.

Well, then that would mean Global Warming wasn't caused by man, now wouldn't it? Because we didn't have cars at the time, and according to you the polar caps still melt. That we have absolutely no effect on the warming of our planet.

I am referring to the idea that Arctic ice is melting because of global warming. If you want to be technical, in fact, ice melts every year. During a period of time called, summer. During, summer, also known as the polar ice caps meltification season, the Ice Caps melt quite a bit, but then refreeze this land back up during the time of winter. So be proud Kagamiko, you were correct, Ice caps do melt.

But this melting has nothing to do with Global Warming, and will not cause the next Ice Age, because as I have said resoundingly, this ice is refreezing. Saying that the ice isn't refreezing and that it would cause another ice age, would be ignorant.

Intresting reading, but I'm picking Kagas side.

We humans have increased the CO2 lvls in the air, thats a fact, This keeps the warmth in our atmosphere.
    As things get hotter ice will melt and true, Global warming is a natural thing, the only difference is that we are speeding it up, as Kaga mentiond about the Gulf and its sweet and salt water balance its very fragil and brings heat up north, anyways, a disturbance in the water balance in the Gulf stream may cause it to stop moving or change its way of moving and when it does the climate will shift and probably cause an ice age.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 8141
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-13

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by TheFirstKnight Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:20

I believe global warming is a misnomer, climate change is a more correct term.
    Darnás
    Darnás
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Darnás Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:21

quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:

That didn't make sense.

That's not true. You can go somewhere that you don't believe exists. Your opinion on the matter doesn't matter.

I don't believe Haiti exists therefore I can never go there. What part of that logic sounds right?

>.< just to say something, we're talking about a spiritual place in this mattre, we have evidence that Haiti exists right? there is no denying that, if you don't wanna go there than don't, I won't make you I promise (:
    I'm not saying taht hell/heaven does not exist its all up to you, but you cannot bring something we all know exist in to a discussion like this...

Sorry to interrupt it, Kaga is probably going to be mad at me for this :P
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by TheFirstKnight Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:28

Once, a priest died on the operating table. He was hoping to find heaven waiting for him, but unfortunately nothing happened, no heaven, no hell. Knowing this, he became one of the most evil people in the world. Since there was no after life, there would be no judgment for him.

Last edited by TheFirstKnight on Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:30; edited 1 time in total
    Darnás
    Darnás
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Darnás Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:29

I like that one... it felt good to read in some weird way
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:32

Gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    Darnás
    Darnás
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Darnás Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:34

xD agreed
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:37

Darnás wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:

That didn't make sense.

>.< just to say something, we're talking about a spiritual place in this mattre, we have evidence that Haiti exists right? there is no denying that, if you don't wanna go there than don't, I won't make you I promise (:
    I'm not saying taht hell/heaven does not exist its all up to you, but you cannot bring something we all know exist in to a discussion like this...

Sorry to interrupt it, Kaga is probably going to be mad at me for this :P

You say we all know it exists. I now decided it doesn't exist. I don't believe in it.

I was pointing out the complete LACK of logic that the person used saying that "I don't believe it exists so I cannot be taken there" which doesn't matter. You don't have to believe something exists to be taken there. Spiritual or physical.

Last edited by quater on Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:40; edited 1 time in total
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:39

Darnás wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Kagamiko wrote:

Intresting reading, but I'm picking Kagas side.

We humans have increased the CO2 lvls in the air, thats a fact, This keeps the warmth in our atmosphere.
    As things get hotter ice will melt and true, Global warming is a natural thing, the only difference is that we are speeding it up, as Kaga mentiond about the Gulf and its sweet and salt water balance its very fragil and brings heat up north, anyways, a disturbance in the water balance in the Gulf stream may cause it to stop moving or change its way of moving and when it does the climate will shift and probably cause an ice age.

You have said the same things I have repeatedly posted against.

To do this you said we would have to MELT the ice. If the ice has been found to be getting thicker and refrozen, if the ice caps have returned to normal sizes, what does that mean. Think, you can do this.

It means, that, it's not melting anymore, which means, that, no ice age is coming.

Very good! You win a golden star for at least effort.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:41

You guys got warm fuzzy feeling insides from a guy becoming an evil man?

That is very strange. So, if I went and shot up 309 people, that'd make you feel really warm and fuzzy, because I did it not believing in God?
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:43

309??
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:44

SickSelfishSycho wrote:309??

The number doesn't matter. TFK said he became an evil person. Who I killed doesn't matter, because you guys said it'd make you feel warm inside as long as I became evil not believing in consequences for my actions.

I'll change it 310 if it makes you feel even warmer inside?
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:46

quater wrote:

The number doesn't matter. TFK said he became an evil person. Who I killed doesn't matter, because you guys said it'd make you feel warm inside as long as I became evil not believing in consequences for my actions.

We never said where the warm fuzziness came from, did we?? It doesn't have to be from knowing you became evil because blah blah.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:49

SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:

We never said where the warm fuzziness came from, did we?? It doesn't have to be from knowing you became evil because blah blah.

He said reading that post. I would assume anything from that post would be content to warm fuzzies, right? We can all see how that makes sense.

But you guys did feel warmth coming from the evil person, seems to be the logical argument. Did you read that post? A man came to the realization that he believed there was no God and became Evil. That's the point of that post. What part of that is warm and fuzzy? The evil is the only noticeable part.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:51

quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:

He said reading that post. I would assume anything from that post would be content to warm fuzzies, right? We can all see how that makes sense.

But you guys did feel warmth coming from the evil person, seems to be the logical argument. Did you read that post? A man came to the realization that he believed there was no God and became Evil. That's the point of that post. What part of that is warm and fuzzy? The evil is the only noticeable part.

It aroused feelings of joy in us both at knowing that we have done the right thing and not gone crazy and started killing people, even knowing that there is no after-life. But that's just a theory.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:54

SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:

It aroused feelings of joy in us both at knowing that we have done the right thing and not gone crazy and started killing people, even knowing that there is no after-life. But that's just a theory.

You were happy about the fact that you aren't insane killer?

Hm, I suppose that's something to be happy about. I would think most people could join in that joy of yours.

But that's not what aroused the joy. You guys were happy because someone rejected God, despite that this lead him to do evil. Completely ignoring that he turned to evil, you instead rejoiced that he rejected life after death.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by TheFirstKnight Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:54

this is amusing.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27316
    What's up Tab : Homie Purp && Homie Blue: Ghetto since 2009
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Ightning
    PeinQ & ThiCup: Non-photogenic buddies~ :D
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Happiness bar :
    What is a Christian? - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What is a Christian? - Page 3 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-25

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power:
    Instinct: 2

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:55

What I don't understand is why some people think that only one religion is right.

I mean, we're all spiritual (even the athests, it's their religion almost), so why should it matter what religion we are?

I was told once I was going to hell for believing in my Native American beliefs along with my Christian ones.

In fact I was told that on here many a time. I haven't forgotten it.

Just because you believe in something, doesn't make it the only belief. God can be any number of gods that people believe in. It could be The Creator, or Muhammad (is that right? The Islamic god), or just plain God. But they're all our creators. And so what if people don't believe in God? That's THEIR choice, not ours to make for them. We don't have to shun them and say they're going to hell for it. Because there's not scientific evidence that states that hell OR heaven exists. It's entirely possible, of course, but there's no real evidence. The only scientific evidence that we have been provided with, is that we evolved from apes and such. So it's entirely logical if neither exist at all. Sure everything had to come from somewhere, and that could be considered evidence of God's existence. And you could argue that the Bible is evidence enough, and that's reasonable. I just don't see why if you don't believe in god, that you're going to hell for it. Everyone goes to an afterlife. And that afterlife sometimes doen't include the firey depths of hell.

And I'll probably get chewed out for saying that, but I don't care. That's just my opinion. And it turned into a bit of a rant and it probably doesn't makes sense. Sorry.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:56

quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:

Hm, I suppose that's something to be happy about. I would think most people could join in that joy of yours.

But that's not what aroused the joy. You guys were happy because someone rejected God, despite that this lead him to do evil. Completely ignoring that he turned to evil, you instead rejoiced that he rejected life after death.

I actually didn't read that far into it, dude.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:57

SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:

I know. That's why I am pointing it out to you. ^_^ And Darnas~
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Thu Feb 26 2009, 18:59

quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:
    SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    quater wrote:

I know. That's why I am pointing it out to you. ^_^ And Darnas~

What would I do with out you, Kazekage??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content