WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Epic Crap "Articles"

Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 73947
    What's up Tab : Epic Crap "Articles" JK0f7
    "Shoot a mushroom I don't even know anymore."
    : Yoyo's Fanfic :
    I won't stop caring about you~ Q
    I am: the CEO of Confusion
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Epic Crap "Articles" Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Epic Crap "Articles" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-25

AMP
    Natural: 50
    Power: Fire Fist
    Instinct: 44

Epic Crap "Articles" Empty Epic Crap "Articles"

Post by Yoyo Mon Oct 13 2008, 22:53

Past Chuunin/Jounin Exams
    by Yuriishi_Yhun

Congratulations, people! You've survived the age of genin and managed to become chuunin, and in some cases, jounin! Some of you have managed to pass the grueling Chuunin Exams multiple times, even! Next up for you are the Jounin Exams! Good luck for when those times come, but until then, revel in your victory over the genin.
    You jounin out there deserve extra congratulations. You've passed the Chuunin Exams and the Jounin Exams! You all get an extra pat on the back, cheese with your tots, peanuts with your butter, and a hearty "Hoorah!" from the band. You make us proud for being the first jounin WotN has ever had, and the best ones to date.

CHUUNIN EXAM wrote:Glacier:
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16, Furaiigon, Itachistalker, Kiami, knssquad, SoraYakashi
    Mist:
    AirElement, amaterasu, Codiac, Dancing Mist, Destinykil, KarateKeyaQ, LaiJin Lee, Sayomi Hatake, spyke543, SSJHunterKiller, [~Kisame_Girl~]
    Sand:
    Angelic Harmony, Banouin, BlackAnbuNinja, Brinckmyster, Choushi, Disodo, Friesenator, happyangel, Hiro, Itachifan, ItachiUchiha, Jake989, JCShikamaru, Koneko_Bozu8, moonlightnights, omega-xis, Renden2005, Saiyo, Sasori Kung fu masta, Seiei, Shinobi's Redemption, Shugo, Yuriishi_Yhun
    Shadow:
    death-chan, Endless Nothing, Hiiatte, Ryo-kun, TheFirstKnight, Titaniumxvx
    Storm:
    AkiQ, Claud-kun, Meika-Chan, sabaku no ketsueki, Sado, snowborder34, teikiatsu

Special Mentions wrote:Glacier: knssquad-- medical genin
    Sand: Shinobi's Redemption-- honorary genin
    Shadow: Death-chan-- medical chuunin
    Storm: Meika-Chan-- hunter ninja chuunin
    Sado-- Anbu root genin

Italicized members are now Jounin

JOUNIN EXAM wrote:
    Glacier: CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    Mist: AirElement, amaterasu
    Sand: Renden2005
    Shadow: Titaniumxvx

Congratulations, once again all who have passed these Exams and good luck to those who will pass them in the future!

Last edited by Yuriishi_Yhun on Fri Oct 24 2008, 20:15; edited 2 times in total
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    Epic Crap "Articles" Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Epic Crap "Articles" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

Epic Crap "Articles" Empty Re: Epic Crap "Articles"

Post by Banouin Tue Oct 14 2008, 18:42

Ya, ya I know there our typos! I will fix them.

The Kages; Our Goodbye.

It was On May of 2007 that four people, Jose, Pf, Q And Silver Came together and made The site we now call home. Way of the Ninja. This is our goodbye to three of the four that must leave her ranks. Jose; The Mizukage, Pf; The Kurokage, And Silver; The Raikage. It was thanks to all four that Way of the ninja is still standing strong. We are sad to see them go, Yet as they say “Time goes on” And it does. It is up to us to move on and keep Way of the ninja going.

The last of the founders to still be with us, Let me talk to him and ask a few questions.

Q: Pf, Jose, and Silver, are no longer going to around, your thoughts? Will you miss them? sad to see them go?

A: Of course I am sad to see them go. We ran WOTN and had a beast of a good time do it. My thoughts are that they were great and to be missed, but not to halt us from going any father. I think the fact that they quit means they know that they didn't want to be a phantom haunting WOTN forever, that instead they wanted WOTN to keep going. My thoughts are that them leaving is the official end of an age of WOTN's history. And we are now entering a new and better era for WOTN.

Q: In 5 yrs, If Wayoftheninja still stands, will you be in her ranks? Or will we be saying "see you later" Like the other kages?

A: Hm. That's a tough question. On the one hand, if things do well for WOTN I will always try and be here for her. Yet, if things in my life get hectic come college, I can only do my best. For now you can count that to the best of my abilities you have another year of Q for Kazekage. I can say also that in 5 years I would like to still be among her faithful.

Q: Where does this future go for Wayoftheninja? Any ideas?

A: The WOTN manga has always been something I have viewed as essential to a happy WOTN future and a chance at real success for Way of the ninja. As for the forums themselves, I am viewing a very active, fast growth forum with a strong centralized federal system, ways between the villages, and eventually a broad band of linked brother sites such as COPS and KOTP not to mention future mangas. Really, I believe if we work hard and grind in now there is no limit to WOTN's future

Q: Can you tell us? What is a life of a kage like, Behind the closed door?

A: Hm. Well a life of a Kage is probably a lot less different then what the life of everyone else's is. Except, as my life, I try to keep some proffessionalism about me, I spend a lot of time thinking about WOTN and it's future, and about helping the site succeed. Behind the scenes with PF and Jose, I think off Kage mode they are a lot different. More relaxed and more, easygoing. As for me the one thing it hurt was my troublemaking. I can't instigate rebellions and riots as well as I used to.

Q: Now, Many Don't know about the days of CR, But To me and You Q, It was our start, Where we talked for the first time. care to give a few words to the people of Wayoftheninja about CR?

A: Hm, well all I have to say about CR is that because of the expierences there WOTN is what it is today. WOTN was somewhat modeled after what we learned from CR, and if you want to know more I wrote the history from CR somewhere

Indeed it spent a long time talking to Q, But I would have loved to get a few last words from our founders, But I think they are long gone from our ranks, This is Our goodbyes to them.

Jose, Pf, silver, Have a good life; We hope to one day see you in our ranks. Until that day, We will do our best to keep what you started, Going
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    Epic Crap "Articles" LjEpic Crap "Articles" Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :
    Epic Crap "Articles" Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Epic Crap "Articles" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Thu Oct 16 2008, 19:40

Updating on the Smilies!

WOTN has definitely had some interesting improvements. One of the most hits though, is the new smilies we get. Many people seem to be hitting it off when it comes to using emotion in their posts. But what so some individuals think about them? DO they care? We'll just find have to find out. I asked a few of our Shinobi to see what they think about the many emotes.

Me: How often do you use WOTN smiles in your convo's?

Banouin: :D I USE THEM ALL THE TIME!! Cowboy Bwahaha Whistle Relaxed Peace To fly Shouting Nose bleed Slobber are my fav!!! Rofl -__-

Me: Hey, what do you think about the new emotes that WOTN has gotten over the months?

Amaterasu: Well I just noticed the new ones tonight, but they seem okay, kinda funny but I don't know when I would use them in a conversation?

Me: If you had one, what would your favorite be?

Amaterasu: Probably this one----> ^_^

Me: What is your favorite emote to use in your convo's?

Quarter: Oh! Easy! #1 #1 #1 This little fellow! I actually added the new smilies on, the first time I updated them, so I could use this one. This one is also very win Oh Yeah! Cause it makes people feel good. And for 2 years I have been doing this ^_^ nonstop. Seriously, it just pops off my fingers.

Me: What do you think about the WotN emotes?

Knssquad: yay?

Me: Honest opinion Danny.

Danny: Cowboy That's an answer silly!

Well, it seems we have no negativity to the WotN upgrades on Smilies. Many of the WotN people have used over 3 of them in every conversation, and will continue to do so, probably. Even though some smilies are meant to contain one message, lots use them for completely different meanings. Even so, no one can get tired of having them in a post. WotN Smilies will continue to rule the posts!
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    Epic Crap "Articles" LjEpic Crap "Articles" Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :
    Epic Crap "Articles" Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Epic Crap "Articles" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Thu Oct 16 2008, 20:23

The upgraded Battling System

Though not many of the shinobi on WotN fight, a great deal of them are having mixed discussions about the new upgrades. Along with the many changes that the site has gone through, the battling system seemed to have gotten up-to-date as well. Now dices and playing cards are being used to determine whether your chances of hitting someone is accurate. A source says that a handful of the users seem to say the old system was boring and out of style, but what about now? How do they feel about how abilities and attacks are now alternated.

Amaterasu of the Hidden Mist Village says, “I haven't really read the system but it seems easy enough.” I asked if he really cared for fighting? “No, not really, since I am really not violent in personality but rather a peaceful spirit.” The mist ninja replies.

Surprisingly, I have asked a few others if they cared, and the same answer, “no.” It seems battling for some of the users don't apply in their taste of a good time.

AtaruSabrMater of the hidden Sand village finds it confusing. And that seems to be a common thing. I asked the Kazekage, quarter, if he thinks the system is over the top.

Here's what he said: “No I don't. People were complaining about the old ones being too “predictable” and “boring.” They were mostly role players who were misusing the old system, but we got together with them and worked out the new system. I like the new system myself.”

So I asked, “Do you think it will continue to develop further as WotN continues to update?”

quarter replies with a “yes”.

So watch out WotN users. With many other changed happening in the site, the system will maybe show more progress. And to the Shinobi who fight for WotN, a big thanks!! Keep it up and good luck to those in the Chuunin exams! We're supporting you all!
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Happiness bar :
    Epic Crap "Articles" Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Epic Crap "Articles" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by theBOSS. Sat Oct 18 2008, 21:22

The WotN Trading Card

On July 12, 2008, our former Kurokage, punkfilter, introduced what was supposed to be a battle system revolution, WotN Trading Cards.

At a certain price, paid with stats, users can have their own cards custom made, including their avatar, and favorite jutsu. These cards then can be used for summoning and fighting in the arena.

How to use the Card:

punkfilter wrote:
    Epic Crap "Articles" Picture3

Obviously, we have the avatar at the left, and then name, rank and village. Then is the special technique that can be used in the Battle Arena (once per battle). Under the avatar is the Attack and Defense power of the Summon. When this is used instead of the Special Technique, the attack is added to the attack power the user already possesses. So if a Genin uses it, the normal -10 damage will be added to the -19 damage to do -29 damage. The same works with the defense, meaning the Summon can take away -17 damage from an oncoming attack. The barcode at the top indicates the rarity of the card. The lower the number, the rarer the card probably is.

We already have a few cards out, done beautifully by our own punkfilter, but their longevity is being debated, since punkfilter has stepped down from WotN.

Titaniumxvx, a jounin from Shadow, has positive views on the trading card:
    Titaniumxvx wrote:I like them, they allow users to compare other's jutsus and seek after new ones. They are amazingly neat!

But the only thing is they need more publicity. Other than that, they would work very well.

And also to get them, I recommend people earn them instead of just getting them cheap or asking.

quater, our Kazekage, and Banouin, also of the Sand village, also expressed positive views on the cards, but thinks the cards have failed as of now:
    quater wrote:They had potential, but didn't go anywhere. I thought we could have done loads more with them. Maybe we will. For now though they seem to be a part of the failed attempts box.

-
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -

Yeah, it's not done yet, I have a poll out
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Epic Crap "Articles" Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Epic Crap "Articles" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Tue Oct 21 2008, 19:05

Feel free to edit/say it sucks. hope it's long enough

The Creation of Sun

It’s hard to believe that over a year ago, WOTN was just a bunch of guys with an idea for a website. Now, reaching the year and a half mark, it’s a busy place with a really catchy name.

In the beginning, there were the Leaf, Cloud, Rock, Mist, and Sand villages. But since it’s creation, WOTN’s domains have changed dramatically. The first WOTN War (yes, there have been a few wars) wiped out the Leaf, Rock, and Cloud villages, leaving Mist and Sand to take in the homeless ninja. Soon after, the Shadow, Storm, and Glacier villages arose to fill the gap.

But the most recent addition to the group is also probably the most unique—the Migrant Village of the Sun.

Why could it be called the most unique? Because of its ability to see the Chat forums of every village.

That’s right—EVERY village.

As cool as it is, it’s also the smallest village on the site.

Why? Probably because it’s the newest, and because members of other villages are reluctant to leave their current home.

Along with the addition of sun came with the need for a new Kage. Though many sent in applications, only one came out on top: Dark Raptor.

But there is one very important question yet to be answered: Why? What’s the point of adding a village to the list of already growing site? And why can it see other villages?

Well, the answer’s in the question: it’s a growing site. According to Kazekage quater, the idea for a migrant village first came from punkfilter, Shadow’s original Kurokage. Apparently, PF wanted more than 7 villages to flourish on WOTN, “to make it more interesting and [to have] more village conflict”. Influences from the Naruto manga were also used in the creation of a new user group.

“We wanted each village to be unique,” q continues, addressing the second point. “It would also be a village worth fighting for in a war because of that advantage it had.”

In this case, quality has nothing to do with quantity; the Migrant Village of the Sun would indeed be a village worth fighting for. And, let’s face it: these things don’t happen overnight. It probably took Mist a good many months to rack up its seven pages of members. If given enough time, Sun could become just as successful as the prestigious Sand village.
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Epic Crap "Articles" Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Epic Crap "Articles" Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Sun Oct 26 2008, 18:39

Double post! Here's the fanclub one (long enough? hopefully :D)

The Addition of the Fanclubs

We all have our own, individual preferences, especially in TV shows. And in those TV shows, we all have our own favorite characters. With this in mind, WOTN came up with a new section: the fanclubs.

The fanclubs are a way for people who like the same thing to come together and celebrate in any legal way they choose. Though it is a fairly new addition to WOTN, it didn’t take long for the fanclub forum to quickly become filled. Most clubs are dedicated to one or more specific characters: for example, the Kabuto fanclub, SasuSaku fanclub, and the Naruto Uzumaki fanclub, to name a few. But there are also those that have nothing to do with anime at all: for example, the WOTN Brigade and the n00b Control Squad.

But fanclubs have a more to them than simply sitting around and talking. If a fanclub, as a whole, is able to scrounge up 400 stats, they can turn it into a sub forum. In a sub forum, a club can have as many threads as they want, and can therefore do even more as a group. So far, the only clubs to do this are the n00b Control Squad, lead by punkfilter, and the FullMetal Alchemist fanclub, created by darkflame.

In order to create a fanclub, a user must pay 35 stats. At this point, amaterasu has created the most, leading both the Kabuto fanclub and the Jesus Freak Disciple Club. That’s 70 stats all together, not to mention the stat donation to make them sub forums. The most active fanclub to date is the Pretty People fanclub of KarateKeyaQ, and the Deidara Fanclub lead by MissQoolKat has the most members, at 17.

At the moment, fanclub activity has died down somewhat. But with so many things going on, certain things will be forgotten. In the end, it’s up to the fanclub leaders to pump the life back into their club. Hopefully, as the year comes to a close and school has stopped trying to kill us, the fanclubs will swing back in all their glory.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 17:46