WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Kagamiko
Sasori Kung fu masta
Angelic Harmony
Destinykil
Shugo
CrispinFreemanWatcher16
amaterasu
Aichu
quater
Choushi
14 posters

believe what you want...i choose to believe

Choushi
    Choushi
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 3240
    What's up Tab : yo check it...every time im on the mic i wreck it...i cant break the rules so i bend em like beckham....FOO!
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-23

AMP
    Natural: 73
    Power: 93
    Instinct: 84

believe what you want...i choose to believe Empty believe what you want...i choose to believe

Post by Choushi Wed Jul 09 2008, 22:03

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

believe what you want...i choose to believe Empty Re: believe what you want...i choose to believe

Post by quater Wed Jul 09 2008, 22:07

I am sure this is very true...

If I could see it.
    Choushi
    Choushi
    Citizen

Male
    What's up Tab : yo check it...every time im on the mic i wreck it...i cant break the rules so i bend em like beckham....FOO!
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

AMP

believe what you want...i choose to believe Empty Re: believe what you want...i choose to believe

Post by Choushi Wed Jul 09 2008, 22:12

oh man...i wish i could show u Q...
    well it doesnt have the same effect if i write it but i will
    but i still recommend that people still watch the vid

The following is a true story that happened just a few years ago at USC.

There was a professor of philosophy who was a deeply committed atheist. His
    primary goal for one required class was to spend the entire semester attempting to
    prove that God couldn't exist. His students were always afraid to argue with him
    because of his impeccable logic.

For twenty years, he had taught this class and no one had ever had the courage to
    go against him. Sure, some had argued in class at times, but no one had ever
    really gone against him because of his reputation.

At the end of every semester on the last day, he would say to his class of 300
    students, "If there is anyone here who still believes in Jesus, stand up!" In
    twenty years, no one had ever stood up. They knew what he was going to do next. He
    would say, "Because anyone who believes in God is a fool. If God existed, he could
    stop this piece of chalk from hitting the ground and breaking. Such a simple task
    to prove that He is God, and yet He can't do it." And every year, he would drop
    the chalk onto the tile floor of the classroom and it would shatter into a hundred
    pieces. All of the students would do nothing but stop and stare. Most of the
    students thought that God couldn't exist. Certainly, a number of Christians had
    slipped through, but for 20 years, they had been too afraid to stand up.

Well, a few years ago there was a freshman who happened to enroll. He was a
    Christian, and had heard the stories about his professor. He was required to take
    the class for his major, and he was afraid. But for three months that semester, he
    prayed every morning that he would have the courage to stand up no matter what the
    professor said, or what the class thought. Nothing they said could ever shatter
    his faith...he hoped.

Finally, the day came. The professor said, "If there is anyone here who still
    believes in God, stand up!" The professor and the class of 300 people looked at
    him, shocked, as he stood up at the back of the classroom. The professor shouted,
    "You FOOL!!! If God existed, he would keep this piece of chalk from breaking when
    it hit the ground!" He proceeded to drop the chalk, but as he did, it slipped out
    of his fingers, off his shirt cuff, onto the pleat of his pants, down his leg, and
    off his shoe. As it hit the ground, it simply rolled away unbroken. The
    professor's jaw dropped as he stared at the chalk. He looked up at the young man,
    and then ran out of the lecture hall.

The young man who had stood, proceeded to walk to the front of the room and shared
    his faith in Jesus for the next half hour. 300 students stayed and listened as he
    told of God's love for them and of His power through Jesus.
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by Aichu Wed Jul 09 2008, 22:14

Ah that's neat ^_^ Wonder if it's a true story...
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by amaterasu Wed Jul 09 2008, 22:25

awesome video, that helped a lot Choushi
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Wed Jul 09 2008, 22:42

Yeah that's awesome.

I sure hope it's true.
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 37490
    Fanclubs : NaruHina & SasuSaku FC,WOTN Veteran Princes
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue98 / 10098 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Instinct: 11

Post by CrispinFreemanWatcher16 Wed Jul 09 2008, 22:45

wows...that did make me think about it..not breaking at all...when that guy stood....
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 21803
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

AMP
    Natural: 33
    Power: 18
    Instinct: 38

Post by Shugo Wed Jul 09 2008, 23:03

... amazing
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Power: Wind Tornado

Post by Destinykil Wed Jul 09 2008, 23:05

...unbelievable
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Wed Jul 09 2008, 23:07

actually, its very believable and moving
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Ljbelieve what you want...i choose to believe Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Wed Jul 09 2008, 23:09

Wow...Dude, im telling my friend to put this on hyer myspace.

That is SO true. Idk about the story, but the words they say at the end is DEFINITLY true.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 37077
    What's up Tab : believe what you want...i choose to believe ThMori-Sempai
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru, n00b controll squad, Deidara,
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Natural: 16
    Power: 16
    Instinct: 16

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Wed Jul 09 2008, 23:09

i put it in muh AIM profile a few minutes after i saw it.
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    CrispinFreemanWatcher16
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 37490
    Fanclubs : NaruHina & SasuSaku FC,WOTN Veteran Princes
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue98 / 10098 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Instinct: 11

Post by CrispinFreemanWatcher16 Wed Jul 09 2008, 23:13

thats rly crazy..not breaking at all when it slipped frm ya hand...
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Ljbelieve what you want...i choose to believe Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Wed Jul 09 2008, 23:16

Mm hmm...I wonder what happened to that professor O_o
    Choushi
    Choushi
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Choushi Thu Jul 10 2008, 01:59

amaterasu wrote:awesome video, that helped a lot Choushi

yea that made my day when i saw it...
    Kagamiko
    Kagamiko
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 6578
    What's up Tab : YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY!

"HOLY SHIZNAT You're Still Alive!"
    Size: Bronze
    -Don't post in storm for like, 8 months, then come back and start posting somewhat regularly with no warning!
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-20

AMP
    Natural: 15
    Power: 15
    Instinct: 15

Post by Kagamiko Thu Jul 10 2008, 08:52

I am sorry but that is just plain rubbish. The fact that the chalk broke EVERY time he dropped it to the ground during the 20 years he did is more of a 'miracle' than the fact that it didn't break the one time someone stood up. I don't know how many times I've dropped a chalk on the ground without it breaking.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 10 2008, 09:00

.... that's a lame reason
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Thu Jul 10 2008, 09:05

If youre gonna bash the vid, is that the only thing you can think of?
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 21997
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Natural: 5
    Power:
    Instinct: 5

Post by Titaniumxvx Thu Jul 10 2008, 09:09

Yeah, tis' crazy, that prof. might have been able to get fired if enought kids complained
    Kagamiko
    Kagamiko
    Citizen

Female

-Don't post in storm for like, 8 months, then come back and start posting somewhat regularly with no warning!
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Kagamiko Thu Jul 10 2008, 09:23

Isn't the fact that a chalk didn't break a lame reason to why god exists?
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jul 10 2008, 09:25

teh professor's reason's with the chalk were lame yes
    but not it not breaking, no
    it's not lame at all
    Kagamiko
    Kagamiko
    Citizen

Female

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Kagamiko Thu Jul 10 2008, 09:31

Seems very very lame to me.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 21803
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-01-08

AMP
    Natural: 33
    Power: 18
    Instinct: 38

Post by Shugo Thu Jul 10 2008, 12:31

Kagamiko wrote:Isn't the fact that a chalk didn't break a lame reason to why god exists?

the point is something simple even if it doesnt look like it cna change everything
    Kire
    Kire
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 25
    Happiness bar :
    believe what you want...i choose to believe Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100believe what you want...i choose to believe Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-09

AMP
    Natural: 2

Post by Kire Thu Jul 10 2008, 14:05

Why should a professor even bother waste time teaching that.
    Choushi
    Choushi
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Choushi Thu Jul 10 2008, 14:47

idk...but it makes total sense...because its a tile floor...tile floor meaning its very hard.....so when you drop something that can break on to a floor that is hard it IS a miracle that it doesnt break

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 10:35