WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Aichu
hizakigrace
happyangel
Angelic Harmony
quater
amaterasu
Koneko_Bozu8
Sado
*Momo*
Hiiatte
MissQoolKat
knssquad
Titaniumxvx
Shugo
theBOSS.
Destinykil
KarateKeyaQ
Shanaikai Saisuki
22 posters

What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Poll

Do you like or dislike Twilight?

[ 9 ]
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? 2HwAlpQ45%What is so fascinating about Twilight? ORIszmu [45%] 
    [ 11 ]
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? 2HwAlpQ55%What is so fascinating about Twilight? ORIszmu [55%] 

Total Votes: 20
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 147
    What's up Tab : writing
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-13

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

What is so fascinating about Twilight? Empty What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Tue Jul 01 2008, 07:53

I have a friend who is bent on believing she is a vampire. The reason? She watches Moonlight and reads Rice's vampire series and Twilight. After she went crazy over it, I decided it was too risky to read it, in slight fear of craziness, too... up until Time magazine said Meyer could replace Rowling as the fantasy fiction guru... and I thought they had t be joking me. My sister and I have both read it and we've left to wonder... what was all that rave about? Her writing is actually quite pathetic. Unlike Rowling, she just puts the story there, leaving the reader a slow but straight rising acton plotline. Meanwhile in Harry Potter it's usually a medium pace multiclimax plotline, like a rollercoaster ride. The story is always the same in each book.. I don't see how it is comparable to Harry Potter when I, who isn't even in high school yet (my displayed age is my rpc's age), can write better than Meyer can, when it comes to the plotline and reading between the lines?
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Instinct: 2

What is so fascinating about Twilight? Empty Re: What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Post by KarateKeyaQ Tue Jul 01 2008, 08:08

O_O I've never read it :P
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

What is so fascinating about Twilight? Empty Re: What is so fascinating about Twilight?

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Tue Jul 01 2008, 08:17

well, unless you've got nothing to do and a lot of time, don't read it, it's not worth it
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Power: Wind Tornado

Post by Destinykil Tue Jul 01 2008, 08:19

ACCESS denied!!!!....i tend to agree, i wasted my time readin twilight, and i writer better than that
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Instinct: 2

Post by KarateKeyaQ Tue Jul 01 2008, 08:21

I hadn't planned to read it though ^_^

I'm not...into Vampires.
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Destinykil Tue Jul 01 2008, 08:24

indeed, dont do it.....ppl and your lowe happiness bars
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Tue Jul 01 2008, 08:29

my happiness bar is at 2 already..

Why, half of the literate world could do better.
    Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Destinykil Tue Jul 01 2008, 08:30

not so sure, i kno some peopl who write like they came form the dead, their grammatical errors upset me greatly
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Tue Jul 01 2008, 10:15

I just can't write.

But Twilight... I don't like the characters at all.
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 21803
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

AMP
    Natural: 33
    Power: 18
    Instinct: 38

Post by Shugo Tue Jul 01 2008, 10:55

yeah i have a friend that loves that series she explains whats going on every time its just a wet dream for girls that dont know what good reading is oh btw she thinks the good works are a waste of time this is coming from a girl that freaks out if she gets a low grade in anything
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 21997
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 5
    Power:
    Instinct: 5

Post by Titaniumxvx Tue Jul 01 2008, 11:15

Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:I have a friend who is bent on believing she is a vampire. The reason? She watches Moonlight and reads Rice's vampire series and Twilight. After she went crazy over it, I decided it was too risky to read it, in slight fear of craziness, too... up until Time magazine said Meyer could replace Rowling as the fantasy fiction guru... and I thought they had t be joking me. My sister and I have both read it and we've left to wonder... what was all that rave about? Her writing is actually quite pathetic. Unlike Rowling, she just puts the story there, leaving the reader a slow but straight rising acton plotline. Meanwhile in Harry Potter itusually a medium pace multiclimax plotline, like a rollercoaster ride. The story is always the same in each book.. I don't see how it is comparable to Harry Potter when I, who isn't even in high school yet (my displayed age is my rpc's age), can write better than Meyer can, when it comes to the plotline and reading between the lines?

Your friend is somewhat creepy into believing she is a vampire. Just had to put that out there.

It's just a piece of huge fanfiction. If you don't like Fanfiction, chances are that you will hate the book

If you are into Shonen and nothing else, chances are you will hate the book

But Harry Potter and Twilight seem to keep into the same genre though. That's weird
    Hehehe...
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Tue Jul 01 2008, 11:32

Never read Twilight

Not so much a fan of vampires, I love garlic and the sun too much >_>_>
    MissQoolKat
    MissQoolKat
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5249
    What's up Tab : Sapo Verde Eres Tu. ;3 ( rouge sect supporter )
    Fanclubs : n00b Control, Deidara, VP
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-08

AMP
    Natural: 40
    Power: 49
    Instinct: 47

Post by MissQoolKat Tue Jul 01 2008, 13:50

Nope, completely disagree. Twilight is amazing. Well, not the best considering how I prefer City of Bones and City of Ashes, but not the point.

Personally, I like the first and second books in the series. Not so much a fan of the third book, but it's still good. But then again, it's just my opinion. :/
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Tue Jul 01 2008, 13:55

I just don't like how Bella's so pathetic. Like in New Moon, if she "loved" Edward so much, why's she swaying from the wolf guy to Edward, and such? She's always the damsel though she might not want to, and she's just an emotional wreck.
    MissQoolKat
    MissQoolKat
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by MissQoolKat Tue Jul 01 2008, 14:21

In that, I agree. Bella is so... dependent and well, yeah, pathetic. I get that. But that doesn't mean the whole book is bad.
    Hiiatte
    Hiiatte
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 2677
    What's up Tab : I'm gonna be Kurokage someday! BELIEVE IT!!!
    Fanclubs : Neji and Kiba FC the n00b controll squad
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Hiiatte Tue Jul 01 2008, 14:29

damn steriotypes.
    Hiiatte
    Hiiatte
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 2677
    What's up Tab : I'm gonna be Kurokage someday! BELIEVE IT!!!
    Fanclubs : Neji and Kiba FC the n00b controll squad
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue75 / 10075 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Hiiatte Tue Jul 01 2008, 14:32

knssquad wrote:Never read Twilight

Not so much a fan of vampires, I love garlic and the sun too much >_>_>

those are steriotypes based off of 1 person.
    vlad dracula was allergic to the sun, and garlic.
    effects are different for everyone.
    MissQoolKat
    MissQoolKat
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by MissQoolKat Tue Jul 01 2008, 14:36

Hiiatte wrote:damn steriotypes.

Whaddaya mean?
    Shugo
    Shugo
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 21803
    What's up Tab : zul'jin realm, eastern kingdoms, stormwind got raped by the horde after the server reset
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-08

AMP
    Natural: 33
    Power: 18
    Instinct: 38

Post by Shugo Tue Jul 01 2008, 14:39

you do know there making this into a movie it goes to show any piece of crap story that gets teenage girls to fan over they will exploit it so congrats everyone who likes these useless books you have once again released crap on the world Oh Yeah!

and the only reason you prolly think its awesome is cuz a girl loves someone that shes not supposed to be with or what ever the hell you want to call it go read a better written story like romeo and juliet
    MissQoolKat
    MissQoolKat
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by MissQoolKat Tue Jul 01 2008, 14:40

Ehhhh. To each his own.
    *Momo*
    *Momo*
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 83
    What's up Tab : Yay! I'm back!! My computer is alive again!!
    Happiness bar :
    What is so fascinating about Twilight? Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100What is so fascinating about Twilight? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

AMP

Post by *Momo* Tue Jul 01 2008, 14:53

hmm...i do like it, but Bella is definately too dependant and emotional.

the movie's coming out soon too, but i think the trailers make it look a bit stupid.
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5375
    What's up Tab : My coat-tails...quit riding them.
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-13

AMP
    Natural: 103
    Power: 130
    Instinct: 111

Post by Sado Tue Jul 01 2008, 15:06

Never read it...
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Tue Jul 01 2008, 17:44

Okay, if you like Twlight, could you please please please tell me why I don't share the same view? I feel like I've missed a secret message in the book or something! It's so fustrating!!Damn It!

Well, from what I see, Bella is, frankly, pathetic. I know the idea is the perfect love, but the aching in New Moon has gone too far. It makes me wonder if I'm really a man trapped in a girl's body compared to Bella. Bella is... just... too much. Even Katara is better than Bella... and that's saying something, since I have a great dislike for Katara. Go Toph! (FYI: Katara and Toph are from Avatar: the Last Airbender)

I agree with Shugo, and Titan. My sister (she's getting published right now, keep that in mind) also thinks that it's poorly written. Yup, it's like fanfiction.

In relation to Vampire Knight, at least we have a self-conflict going on and good emotional problems. Even though Bella is so emotional, my characters are too, that's what makes them good... that only works if you make it work... which it doesn't... there's always someone saving her

the story basically goes like this everytime:

1. drabble of Bella and Edward
    2. one of James's coven comes and meets Bella when she is with someone or alone
    3. one of James's coven dies
    4. Bella is safe, more drabble
    5. End.

And you can't say I'm wrong, in each book, one of James's coven does die.
    Koneko_Bozu8
    Koneko_Bozu8
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 9895
    What's up Tab : When you laugh, I laugh
    When you cry, I cry
    And when you jump off a bridge and kill yourself, I'll be the first one to cry at your funeral
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 60
    Power: 60
    Instinct: 60

Post by Koneko_Bozu8 Tue Jul 01 2008, 17:48

I like it, but it's sooooo not better than Harry Potter...

Twilight is...ok to read if u want a random book to read...

but Harry Potter is gonna be a classic or already is
    Shanaikai Saisuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Shanaikai Saisuki Tue Jul 01 2008, 17:52

Titaniumxvx wrote:
    Shanaikai Saisuki wrote:I have a friend who is bent on believing she is a vampire. The reason? She watches Moonlight and reads Rice's vampire series and Twilight. After she went crazy over it, I decided it was too risky to read it, in slight fear of craziness, too... up until Time magazine said Meyer could replace Rowling as the fantasy fiction guru... and I thought they had t be joking me. My sister and I have both read it and we've left to wonder... what was all that rave about? Her writing is actually quite pathetic. Unlike Rowling, she just puts the story there, leaving the reader a slow but straight rising acton plotline. Meanwhile in Harry Potter itusually a medium pace multiclimax plotline, like a rollercoaster ride. The story is always the same in each book.. I don't see how it is comparable to Harry Potter when I, who isn't even in high school yet (my displayed age is my rpc's age), can write better than Meyer can, when it comes to the plotline and reading between the lines?

Your friend is somewhat creepy into believing she is a vampire. Just had to put that out there.

It's just a piece of huge fanfiction. If you don't like Fanfiction, chances are that you will hate the book

If you are into Shonen and nothing else, chances are you will hate the book

But Harry Potter and Twilight seem to keep into the same genre though. That's weird
    Hehehe...
    you're telling me? if ask her the simplest things, for example:

Me: "Hey, what's wrong? You're really grumpy this morning."
    Her: "The sun is out. Why do you think I'm grumpy?"
    Me: *slaps forehead* "You're not a vampire!! The sun doesn't affect your grumpiness! You're inside, for God's sake!"
    Her: "Of course I'm a vampire, don't be ridiculous!"

another incident:
    Me: "Jeez, I've got terrible balance."
    Her: "Yeah. Shouldn't you be good with balance and height? You're one crappy ninja."
    Me: *glares* "I'm not a ninja and you're not a vampire."
    Her: *pokes me* "Yes you are a ninja! And I'm a vampire!" (she's walking perfeclty fine in broad daylight right now... hm... and she claims that the sun hurts her...)
    Her guy friend who thinks he's a dragon/ninja: "Come on, does it hurt to have an imagination?"
    Me: *on the verge on choking both of them*

lol, she's probably going to "suck my blood" if she ever reads this.

it really irked me when her guy friend said I had no imagination. I have more imagination than both of htem put together. She only takes all the powers from her favorite vampires and puts them together. He, on the other hand, has a bit more creativity, but still doesn't have as much as me. It's not like he writes or draws anyhthing that's not fanbased!! (sorry for the rant)

@Koneko_Bozu8: exactly, it could never replace HP. the time magazine ppl must be on drugs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15 2024, 10:11