WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+14
Titaniumxvx
amaterasu
Mikel
clonia
KarateKeyaQ
sabaku no ketsueki
SickSelfishSyQo
UreshiiQ
BlackRain
Banouin
CrispinFreemanWatcher16
Lunami
quater
GL
18 posters

Age difference

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Age difference - Page 2 Empty Re: Age difference

Post by quater Wed Oct 13 2010, 22:39

You're not more tolerant.

Right and Wrong are not subjective. You're talking about what is known in the world of logic: Cultural Relativism. And it's been deemed useless in most conversations. Although it does serve some purpose ie: Fashion, cooking, and possibly a few other areas. But in the world of Right and Wrong it serves no purpose to believe in Cultural Relativism. Or relativism at all for that matter. At least if we are to have any form of a rational discussion.

So no, you're not more tolerant. It's a very arrogant viewpoint of you to believe you're more tolerant simply because you accept something I don't. At least if you mean open-minded tolerance. I wouldn't argue that you're more tolerant of wrong, perhaps.

So you can't name a time in Western History that incest was regarded as normal, then don't say 'when wasn't it?' And I can assure you that up until the 1950's sodomy was extremely rare. See? Notice I can tell you when it stopped becoming as rare a phenomena. And note I was using the law as an EXAMPLE of society's disapproval of incest. Because you asked, "Since when isn't it?" I showed you an adequate example of society disapproving incest by force of law. I didn't say people followed laws. But they usually do.

You brought up cousins marrying, and you also brought up that you are talking about by blood, but I am talking right now only about brothers and sisters. And yes, I will also say that on top of brothers and sisters making out being wrong, the age thing does bother me as well. I couldn't care less about the age of consents of other countries or not. Just because some countries hold weddings for 9 year olds, doesn't mean their right. Many countries also dress women up in Burka and tell them to be silent around men and kill women if they are raped. Does that mean it's okie dokie to do?

But back to the topic that we WERE talking about. I think it's wrong and I do not believe in your relativism. And since you do believe in relativism you have no right to argue against me. And since I don't, I have all the right to say you're wrong. My belief states that Right and Wrong are universal. Yours believes it's a matter of opinion and what makes you happy. Well what makes me happy is right and wrong having universal roots. And that is my opinion and belief. So you have no argument you can make against me, but I can continue to lob attacks on you. You have no point in continuing this conversation unless you give up on relativism, for at the end of the day all you can say is: This is just an opinion do whatever makes you happy.
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

Post by Lunami Wed Oct 13 2010, 23:08

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, merely voicing my opinion. But by all means, you're more than free to think what you like, and seeing that this is the United States, you can say what you like as well. I'm quite content with my worldview, and that's all that matters to me. I doubt anyone could change it. Though perhaps it's a good idea to keep certain thoughts to myself.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Wed Oct 13 2010, 23:39

Lunami wrote:
    quater wrote:Since when aren't they?

Since when have they ever been allowed to be incestuous? For starters that kind of relationship is illegal in several, although not all, the United States. Second of all, it's disgusting. And I couldn't give a flying noodle if they're happy about it. That's wrong son. Murderers are often happy while they're murdering, too. So happiness really doesn't make a darned difference to me.

Seriously, please name a time in history in Western Civilization where Brothers and Sisters making out has been an accepted practice, hm? And you know many an incestuous couple? I have never met even one. What kind of people do you hang out with where incest is so common?

The fact that it doesn't bother you makes you seem like you have no moral compass. Desensitized. Apathetic to morality and right and wrong.
    Not all laws are really enforced. Sodomy was illegal in most states until 2003. I'm pretty sure that wasn't enforced. You personally view it as disgusting, that's fine. I don't, simple as that. Well, happiness tells them what they're going to do, doesn't it? Not everyone will refuse to do something that makes them happy simply because the law says so.

Western history? Not sure. Haven't really bothered with history after school. Many, let's see... Off the top of my head, I can think of at least 6. Some I don't interact with anymore for whatever reason. One was an ex of mine. You can find them online, I only knew one couple in person, they went to a school I was at a few years back. And note, I'm talking about by blood, not half brother/sister. And last I checked, cousins were allowed to marry (but I do know some cousins whom are together as well), not for certain though. Think it was something like half the states are okay with it, the other half are okay so long as it's not first cousins. And I think the Roman Catholics have an issue with it as well. And if the age thing is what's bothering you, in the state of Arkansas, the age of consent is 14. Some countries are listed as 12. Some don't care so long as you're married, and there was a wedding for a girl at the age of 9, so yeah.

Right and wrong are subjective. There is no universal compass for right and wrong, merely a cultural one. What's wrong here is accepted elsewhere. What things seem, doesn't mean they are. Maybe I'm just more tolerant than many.

That MANY should be emphasized somehow. I think I'm fairly open-minded and whatnot, but a biological brother and sister?? That's pretty weird ^^
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

Post by Banouin Wed Oct 13 2010, 23:45

...Yeah.
    Mikel
    Mikel
    General
    General

Male
    Number of posts : 12074
    What's up Tab :
    Spoiler:

Fanclubs : That jack-o-lantern.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-01

AMP
    Natural: 46
    Power: Earth Armor
    Instinct: 26

Post by Mikel Thu Oct 14 2010, 15:59

sad.
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Thu Oct 14 2010, 18:17

Lunami wrote:I'm not trying to say you're wrong, merely voicing my opinion. But by all means, you're more than free to think what you like, and seeing that this is the United States, you can say what you like as well. I'm quite content with my worldview, and that's all that matters to me. I doubt anyone could change it. Though perhaps it's a good idea to keep certain thoughts to myself.

THIS IS NOT THE UNITED STATES.
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Instinct: 2

Post by KarateKeyaQ Thu Oct 14 2010, 20:54

That's weird.
    But not unusual.
    clonia
    clonia
    Citizen

Number of posts : 10
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-09-20

Post by clonia Fri Oct 15 2010, 01:45

i'm 22 years old am i too old?

-------------------------------------------
    true blood dvd
    How I met your mother box set
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Instinct: 8

Post by Lunami Fri Oct 15 2010, 03:22

sabaku no ketsueki wrote:
    Lunami wrote:I'm not trying to say you're wrong, merely voicing my opinion. But by all means, you're more than free to think what you like, and seeing that this is the United States, you can say what you like as well. I'm quite content with my worldview, and that's all that matters to me. I doubt anyone could change it. Though perhaps it's a good idea to keep certain thoughts to myself.

I was talking to Q with that, and seeing that we both live there, we're both entitled to our freedom of speech.

Too old for what Clonia?
    Mikel
    Mikel
    General
    General

Male
    What's up Tab :
    Spoiler:

Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Mikel Fri Oct 15 2010, 09:53

sabaku no ketsueki wrote:

i'm not from the US but that's not normal here either
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Fri Oct 15 2010, 12:02

Actually in the United States churches aren't allowed to say anything against homosexuality that condemns it, but according to the constitution they can. So pretty much the government committed perjury by not upholding the constitution when they made an oath to say they will, so it is the duty of the American people to rise up against the government and overthrow it.

At least that just is how it appears to me in Canada here.

Also Canada doesn't practice freedom of speech anymore, it is illegal to say homosexuality is a sin, but I still say that anyway because Canada is really not heading in the right direction
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Oct 15 2010, 12:07

Government control = Bad.

However you're still allowed to say homosexuality is a sin in America. You just can't be overly politically active.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Fri Oct 15 2010, 12:12

quater wrote:Government control = Bad.

However you're still allowed to say homosexuality is a sin in America. You just can't be overly politically active.

I agree government control is bad.

Well that is good, I guess I really don't know much lol.

In Canada it is a hate crime
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Fri Oct 15 2010, 12:28

It's a hate crime to say homosexuality is a sin?!?
    Mikel
    Mikel
    General
    General

Male
    What's up Tab :
    Spoiler:

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Mikel Fri Oct 15 2010, 12:34

hm...
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Mon Oct 18 2010, 15:40

SickSelfishSyQo wrote:It's a hate crime to say homosexuality is a sin?!?
    In Canada. Although saying Homosexuality is a sin can get you kicked out of college now in the US...
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Mon Oct 18 2010, 17:22

...That's dumb. Biblically speaking, it is a sin.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Mon Oct 18 2010, 17:24

SSS! You should know better than to quote that book of hate! Shame on you.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Mon Oct 18 2010, 17:27

I know, I know. Everywhere I go I spread my evil message using it as a conduit for my intentions.
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Age difference - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Age difference - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Instinct: 2

Post by KarateKeyaQ Mon Oct 18 2010, 19:49

I thought it said Homosexuality was a sin in the bible??
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 21997
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 5
    Power:
    Instinct: 5

Post by Titaniumxvx Mon Oct 18 2010, 23:23

GL wrote:yesterday i sat on the bus on my way home from school. on the other side of the bus, there is a girl in my age who sits with to guys that looked like 9 or 10. so i thought to myself "aw, thats nice. seeing a big sister spending time with her smaller brothers, thats not so common anymore."
    so the bus stops and the gisl and the two boys stands up to get of the bus. ... suddenly the girl starts to make out with one of the guy. ... like alot. shoving her tongue down his throat. it was really disturbing.
    i couldnt believe that they were together. i thought it was really weird. a 9 or 10 year old with a 16something year old. ... nah, i dont like it.

its okey if youre 22 and 27, its totally different. then youre more mature and such. ...

what do you all think?

That is awful disturbing! They must be stopped!

Titan

As they were getting out of the bus, you should have voodoo doll cursed em!

However, when they grow up, that six year age difference will turn into nothing.
    Mikel
    Mikel
    General
    General

Male
    What's up Tab :
    Spoiler:

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Mikel Tue Oct 19 2010, 12:35

i think the image that's really disturbing is not the age difference but a ten year old french kissing.
    GL
    GL
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27737
    What's up Tab : Daydreaming~

Fanclubs : WOTN birgade, Pretty People FC
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-09-26

AMP
    Natural: 121
    Power: 121
    Instinct: 121

Post by GL Tue Oct 19 2010, 13:56

^ i can tell you, it looked.. wrong
    Mikel
    Mikel
    General
    General

Male
    What's up Tab :
    Spoiler:

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Mikel Tue Oct 19 2010, 13:58

oh, i'm pretty sure. pretty sure.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Wed Oct 20 2010, 01:51

How can you be sure she was so young??

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16 2024, 00:23