WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wing Chun Training

Destinykil
    Destinykil
    Police Chief
    Police Chief

Male
    Number of posts : 30675
    What's up Tab : Eroding slowly
    Fanclubs : WONTON BRIGADE, Hellsing Fanclub
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Wing Chun Training Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Wing Chun Training Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 0

Wing Chun Training Empty Wing Chun Training

Post by Destinykil

I know i know, another fighting topic by Des read or don't i could care less. I took up learning wing chun recently, and by recently i mean a while ago. I recruited Blackheart as my partner.

He is a bit slow at learning and stuff but im a nice teacher and he is progressing quite well. some of the methods are a bit unorthodox but it helps.

Seems as though I am able to grasp lessons and stuff quicker than him which is good because it means i can be a teacher and help him. im not perfect thats fer sure, but it seems as though, each lesson we get deeper into the more meaning each movement holds.

Controlling the line is the most important thing to remember. im used to blocking in Muay Thai, and stuff like that so when it came to wing chun you learn to cover, which is a totally different concept but i can see why. it works so much better, specially in close quarter. let me tell you, my master dropped me. he asked me to attack him in the beginning days when i questioned some of the things. i threw my thai skills at him and i was on the floor gasping for air.

the things wing chun emphasizes just makes it worth it more and more. it also helps i get to learn and also partially teach.
    Share this post on: reddit

SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 03:36 by SickSelfishSyQo

What happened to the other you one you were recently talking about learning??
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 03:52 by Destinykil

wing chun was that other one i believe, only other martial arts i know are muay thai which is my primary, and brazilian jui jitsu
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 03:59 by SickSelfishSyQo

You were talking about Jeet kun do, I believe...
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:07 by Lunami

I didn't think they offered schooling in Jeet Kun Do. O-o

What does Wing Chun specialize in? Like... let's see... I know TKD is big on footwork.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:10 by SickSelfishSyQo

I wasn't sure if they did or not. But I remember mentioning Spike from Cowboy Bebop - and he does Jeet kun do.
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:19 by Destinykil

Jeet kune do is more of a philosophy than an actual style.. bruce lee wanted to create a style with no style, he didnt like the lmimtations and forms of traditional martial arts so he combined everything he knew discarding useless techniques thus creating jeet kune do.

however it was misinterpreted and taught as a srtyle and they do offer schooling in it. chuck norris is a student. as well as some others..\

bruce lee wanted to create his own style when his fight took too long.

and wing chun mainly focuses on handwork
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:20 by Lunami

Yeah, Jeet Kune Do was Bruce Lee's doing. Shinichiro wanted Spike to be like that, mostly for the philosophy of Jeet Kune Do.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:21 by SickSelfishSyQo

Hmm, yes. It started as an idea, and turned into something that could be tought. So adhering to the original concept is somewhat difficult.

Sounds like a usefull thing to learn ^^
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:22 by Destinykil

bruce lee used wing chun, western boxing, and fencing to create his jeet kune do style as well as a few adapted techniques from ppl he met along the way.

i know wing chun, muay thai, and brazilian jui jitsu
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:28 by Lunami

I dun think I could handle wing chun personally, my upper body isn't developed enough for reacting quickly enough.

And yeah, nail on the head with the philosophy. lol

As for Spike though, he also followed a few parts of Bushido, hence parts of his entire outlook on life, and why he tends to be rather... "lazy".
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:30 by Destinykil

as far as weapon styles go, i know staff, nunchaku, and battojutsu.
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:32 by Lunami

I wonder if a flute could be used as a decent weapon...
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:37 by Destinykil

if you wanna break a few bones in the process, the material of a flute isnt storng enough, and the reach of it leaves you very open to many things, specially an unarmed person could easily tunr ir against you
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:44 by Lunami

Well, the Shakuhachi flute has been known to serve as a defensive weapon. How, I'm not sure, but I would assume to divert things.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:44 by SickSelfishSyQo

You could injure someone with a flute.
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:45 by Destinykil

you could injure an idiot with a flute, but against someone iwht common knowledge you will be hurt, you have a horizontal vertical and jab with a flute. the jab is good close range, and the horizontal leaves you too open, the vertical leaves you way too open
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:52 by SickSelfishSyQo

Well, say you are on the same level with the person fighting you. Except he doesn't have a flute. Bam! You have an automatic advantage - a weapon.
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 04:52 by Lunami

Well, I would assume the ronin that used them would have used them more as a sword. In either case, I'm not from the era where ronin roamed, so I don't know how it'd be used. Plus, there are the walking flutes, that are roughly 4-6 feet long depending. I'm certain those would be a bit tougher than the usual bamboo flute.

I'll look into that eventually, but I do remember monks using them as a defense against thieves and the like.
    Mikel

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 22:03 by Mikel

this why you asked me?

are you up to garnering all martial arts to learn?
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 22:32 by Destinykil

ehh not necessarily but i feel as if i can create a jeet kune do style all my own without copying bruce lee.

Jeet Kune Do= The way of the Intercepting Fist.
    Mikel

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 23:16 by Mikel

really. you do that.
    Destinykil

Post Tue Sep 28 2010, 23:45 by Destinykil

his intentions were quite clear

western boxing
    fencing
    wing chun
    various moves learned from other arts

the fencing stance reduced the hit box on his body reducing vital points to be hit in
    the wing chun was used as covering instead of blocking, intercepting moves and countering with his own
    the boxing gave him power strikes n which he could end fights early
    the various moves learned such as the side kick from karate expert asre power moves

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 07:43