WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toddler who smokes.

Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Toddler who smokes. Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Toddler who smokes. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

Toddler who smokes. Empty Toddler who smokes.

Post by Lunami

So, I was browsing around yesterday on Facebook, and heard something about a toddler who smokes something like forty cigarettes a day. The kid is from Indonesia. He became quite the tourist attraction.

Video.

Supposedly (I'm not sure if this is true or not), the Indonesian government offered the family a car in order to persuade the parents to get the child help. This whole thing started when the father gave the child a pack of cigarettes in order to keep the child entertained while he and his wife would work at the market.

The child has since kicked the habit.

Personally, I'm aware that if something like that were to happen here in the states, the child would be taken into custody, the parents locked up, and the child then eventually put up for adoption. This would more than qualify as abuse. However, since this is in Indonesia, and I've no real knowledge of their laws and customs, I can't formulate an opinion on this myself.

So, what do you all think?
    Share this post on: reddit

amaterasu

Post Fri Sep 03 2010, 21:32 by amaterasu

That's funny.

Poor kid throwing away his future for smokes that he doesn't understand at all.
    Lunami

Post Sat Sep 04 2010, 01:41 by Lunami

He's two, I don't exactly see him thinking of running for government office right now. In either case, he did quit, and will likely be enforced to make sure he stays that way.
    Toshii

Post Sat Sep 04 2010, 01:48 by Toshii

oh my ._.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 14:22