WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hostage thing crap

Mikel
    Mikel
    General
    General

Male
    Number of posts : 12074
    What's up Tab :
    Spoiler:

Fanclubs : That jack-o-lantern.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    hostage thing crap Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100hostage thing crap Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-01

AMP
    Natural: 46
    Power: Earth Armor
    Instinct: 26

hostage thing crap Empty hostage thing crap

Post by Mikel

yesterday, monday here, when i got back from school... jan told me that there was a bus hostage taking. the bus contained mostly foreigners. hk people. some filipinos. around that time, the driver of the bus was able to get out and shouted that everyone was dead already. that's not the case, however, cause the casualty was like ten. and there were more than that in the bus. i can't remember the details. i went to work.

but when i got back, there were news that said that hk considers our country to be a place to avoid travelling in at all cost. to top that off, when i got back today, cnn says that our country is the worst place to go to.

damn, yeah, i know. our country's not the best. it's full of problems and all that crap. it's just more prominent cause the media is free, without self-regulation.

but shit, that's just too much. i don't know, after reading this, you guys might get scared and may decided to never set foot in this third world country, but man, this sucks. sure, there were crimes and crap, but i never saw this place to be this bad. even when i still was associated to the streets, where most of the, let's just not name things, happen.

i feel bad for all other filipinos abroad right now, and whom are in hk. negative thoughts can't be helped, it will be thought no matter what. people will generalize that that hostage taker is equivalent to all other filipinos. no, hell no. we're not. so many shit is happening here, and i can understand why people will become fearful. seriously, though, it's not as bad as the media is portraying it. they are just Freedoming sensationalizing it. yeah, it is bad, but not that Freedoming... never mind.

tch, i guess i'm just too pissed off right now.
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Tue Aug 24 2010, 16:56 by quater

I doubt anyone will associate other Filipinos as bus hostage takers, to be honest.

Well, I wouldn't of. I have an aunt who is Filipino~
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Aug 24 2010, 18:37 by SickSelfishSyQo

Kind of like how all Arabs are plane-jackers??
    Mikel

Post Tue Aug 24 2010, 22:07 by Mikel

you'd be surprised, q. though not exactly filipinos=bus hostage taker, more of generalizing that we're no good. a lot has already been saying that and damn, it's not easy for work.

haha, that kind of stigma, to the very least, sss.
    quater

Post Wed Aug 25 2010, 00:12 by quater

Maybe I just don't know a lot about Filipino people then...Hm. Cause I had never known any of this!
    Mikel

Post Wed Aug 25 2010, 06:02 by Mikel

it's not like our race is famous, so don't worry. apparently, lots of filipinos working in hk are getting sacked, and some were were given physical threats. more than anything, i just didn't want that happening. cause it's not easy to earn money and losing a job is a big hit in the gut, especially work is scarce here already.
    quater

Post Sat Aug 28 2010, 00:31 by quater