WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PETA

CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 61517
    What's up Tab : PETA Ajqwx0
    Fanclubs : Neji & Kiba
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    PETA Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100PETA Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-26

AMP
    Natural: 700
    Power: 700
    Instinct: 700

PETA Empty PETA

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Okay, so normally when an animal rights group comes along, I'm one of the first to go 'I COMPLETELY AGREE!' although, I may not be the perfect candidate for such groups, not being a vegan or vegetarian.. so technically I do what PETA seem to hate... kill animals meaninglessly.. but still... PETA.. protection of animals rights... good on ya!

Even when I hear ridiculous stories such as one of their celebrity spokeswomen, Olivia Munn, wearing leather boots at a campagin and PETA responding with a "This isn’t a leather campaign." well.. you gotta believe I'm gonna be a bit skeptical.

But still, I supported them, because they're getting the message out! And thats the important thing.

Until I heard about this...

PETA's latest campaign is this...

Spoiler:

Really?! Reeeeeeeeally?!

The holocaust on your plate?

Those figures are shocking, yes.. especially when you think about how much of that meat is probably thrown away unneccisarily, or isn't actually eaten at all.. but really... comparing it to the holocaust?

I was even more shocked to hear that they have used this campaign idea before! Back in 2003...

For many years PETA has taken it to extreme measures to get their point accross, and usually using images and campaigns like this...

"While I sympathize with PETA's aim—and am a member of PETA—I objected to this use of the Holocaust... The agony of animals arises from different causes from those of the Holocaust. Human beings do not hate animals. They do not eat them because they hate them. They do not experiment on them because they hate them, they do not hunt them because they hate them. These were the motives for the Holocaust. Human beings have no ideological or theological conflict with animals." Roberta Kalechofsky [Member of PETA]

There seem to be a looooooooooot of websites dedicated to hating on PETA these days too.. seems like even the most heartfelt organisations can be corrupt these days...

http://www.vegetariansareevil.com/peta2.html
    http://www.angelfire.com/apes2/petp/why_peta_sucks.html
    http://www.petakillsanimals.com/

So what do you think, do you agree with PETA's methods? ... Would that make you stop eating meat?

Last edited by CLAIRVOYANTdisease on Thu Aug 19 2010, 16:40; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

amaterasu

Post Wed Aug 18 2010, 21:50 by amaterasu

Can't see the pictures
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed Aug 18 2010, 22:04 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

There is only one lol. I'll find another at some point ^_^
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Wed Aug 18 2010, 23:12 by KarateKeyaQ

Do I see what PETA is trying to do? Yeah, sure.

Do I agree they should compare it to the Holocaust? No. Although some people do, quite frankly, HATE animals. (I live with someone who does..T_T)

I'm going to stop eating meat when I grow up and have a say in what I can shop for and stuff!
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Thu Aug 19 2010, 14:28 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

The hatred of animals PETA is trying to portray is the killing of thousands upon thousands of them... the one you live with that hates them wouldn't kill thousands upon thousands because they're animals, right?

I could never give up meat, its too good :3
    Banouin

Post Thu Aug 19 2010, 16:37 by Banouin

._. Wow.
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:30 by KarateKeyaQ

I'm not sure?

Meat is okay. I could live without it. Deff (:
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:33 by SickSelfishSyQo

PETA 537466
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:36 by Q

Who is SSS thumbs upping here?
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:38 by SickSelfishSyQo

KKQ, of course. ^^
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:39 by Q

And why are you thumbs upping a post that says she could live without meat?
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:48 by SickSelfishSyQo

Twas a thumbs up of agreement!
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:49 by Q

My point exactly? Who can agree to such a preposterous statement!

I mean sure, you can live without it. You could also live without sleeping on a bed or could live without wearing shoes (till you cut yourself and bacteria kills you) but why deprive oneself?
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:51 by SickSelfishSyQo

... I don't have a bed, either ^^

Eh, people do it for different reasons, I guess.
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:52 by KarateKeyaQ

It's not depriving for some people. Honestly, meat isn't all THAT good Happy
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:53 by Q

If it's health related you're kind of wasting your time.

If it's to prove your independence, do it some other much grander fashion, please.

And if it's to save the animals....yeah. Cause you're really making a difference.

Personally when we live in a world where people starve daily, I sure am not going to choose to ignore me a helping of meat when I cross it....at my neighborhood Sonny's that I just happened to have walked in on the road of life.
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:53 by Q

KarateKeyaQ wrote:It's not depriving for some people. Honestly, meat isn't all THAT good Happy

If that's the case why do Vegans and vegetarians spend so much time making tofu meats and other fake meats to eat?

KarateKeyaQ

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:54 by KarateKeyaQ

Q wrote:
    KarateKeyaQ wrote:It's not depriving for some people. Honestly, meat isn't all THAT good Happy

If that's the case why do Vegans spend so much time making tofu meats and other fake meats to eat?

I dunno, why don't ya ask 'em? ^_^ If I stop eating meat, it'll be because I'm tired of it. Which I am! xD
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:55 by SickSelfishSyQo

Q wrote:

If that's the case why do Vegans and vegetarians spend so much time making tofu meats and other fake meats to eat?

Not all of them do, but because it's a protein product that can act as the staple of a dish, like a meat would. ^^
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:56 by Q

KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    Q wrote:

If that's the case why do Vegans spend so much time making tofu meats and other fake meats to eat?

I dunno, why don't ya ask 'em? ^_^ If I stop eating meat, it'll be because I'm tired of it. Which I am! xD

I did ask them. Their answer was about as helpful as that one.
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:56 by Q

SickSelfishSyQo wrote:
    Q wrote:

Not all of them do, but because it's a protein product that can act as the staple of a dish, like a meat would. ^^

And if man were meant to go without meat, why does he need a protein staple, hm?

KarateKeyaQ

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:58 by KarateKeyaQ

Q wrote:
    KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    Q wrote:

Well then, stop asking and just let them do what they want?
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:59 by Q

KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    Q wrote:
    KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    Q wrote:

Well then, stop asking and just let them do what they want?

No.

Because organizations like PETA are trying to guilt trip me into doing things there way.

Plus I live with a Vegatarian maniac who has stripped my house of all meat for years. So the only time I can eat it is if I buy it myself. So it's personal. Damn It!
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 02:59 by SickSelfishSyQo

Q wrote:
    SickSelfishSyQo wrote:
    Q wrote:

And if man were meant to go without meat, why does he need a protein staple, hm?

You don't, it's just an easy way to get it.
    Now, this is all from a cooks point of view! Personally, I like me some steak ^^ Just not often.
    Q

Post Fri Aug 20 2010, 03:00 by Q

SickSelfishSyQo wrote:
    Q wrote:
    SickSelfishSyQo wrote:
    Q wrote:

You don't, it's just an easy way to get it.
    Now, this is all from a cooks point of view! Personally, I like me some steak ^^ Just not often.

Aha, twisted you into a corner and now you're trying to worm your way out. Pissed

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 16:30