WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So....This is the worst....news. Pretty much. Ever.

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    So....This is the worst....news. Pretty much. Ever. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100So....This is the worst....news. Pretty much. Ever. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

So....This is the worst....news. Pretty much. Ever. - Page 2 Empty So....This is the worst....news. Pretty much. Ever.

Post by quater

Anyway, almost 3 years ago Punkfilter created Way Of The Ninja. He did it as a fun idea he and I shared. Say what you will about his administrating skills, Way Of The Ninja would eventually become the funnest website on the internet in my honest opinion. And my online home.

And now, it is with great sadness I tell you, that the adventure is over. At least for the Forumotion leg of it. Forumotion has emailed Punkfilter, who Pmed me. Apparently, Forumotion is cracking down hard. A bunch of corporations are saying that Forumotion is stealing or something, which is totally untrue. In response, Forumotion is clicking off all of it’s Manga and Anime sites, as well as a lot of other Media sites. It posted a thread on it, and apparently Emailed Site Admins on the Forumotion Support board that any Anime site is gone.

And we, being the biggest Naruto site (or at least one of) on Forumotion, are definitely goners. I don’t really know what to say. I used to think we’d end this by being hacked, or maybe we’d get some admin to go crazy. But, I suppose if you gotta go one way or another, this is better than dying quietly.

This doesn’t mean this is the end. We could try making a new Naruto site on a new Site Forum Board.

But, I, Q, will not run it. I put 3 years, long years, full of time and energy into this WOTN we have today. I just don’t have that kind of energy, love, to do it all over again. I will join and post if we make a new site, but consider this the end of Q’s version of any kind of WOTN. It’s too much.

We survived and did so much. I can’t even begin to describe how much WOTN has done. So, I will just say it’s been a fun ride. And getting Copyright whacked, at least, is better than dying pathetically in a lack of posts.

By the way, everything I just said was a lie. April Fools day. (Kage style)
    Share this post on: reddit

PeinQAkatsuki

Post Fri Apr 02 2010, 04:30 by PeinQAkatsuki

Omg that scared the crap out of me D: I knew it was April Fools though! You were just so serious in that other thread I was like "Oh god o-o no! H-he's kidding right??" -phew-
    Yoyo

Post Fri Apr 02 2010, 11:08 by Yoyo

What's great is that both threads will probably continue to live well after April first. Anyone who didn't get on yesterday will still see it. :D
    quater

Post Fri Apr 02 2010, 12:27 by quater

Yoyo wrote:Haha. Please just accept it as a joke. Don't flip out or anything, okay? I've seen people leave perfectly good websites (that aren't so perfectly good now...) because they couldn't stand the AFD joke. ^_^;;

Lame and over sensitive people. ^_^
    quater

Post Fri Apr 02 2010, 12:27 by quater

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:Omg that scared the crap out of me D: I knew it was April Fools though! You were just so serious in that other thread I was like "Oh god o-o no! H-he's kidding right??" -phew-

Aww! ^_^

Haha, glad I could give you a heart attack!

Jan had fun then it was worth it!
    Yoyo

Post Fri Apr 02 2010, 12:58 by Yoyo

quater wrote:
    Yoyo wrote:Haha. Please just accept it as a joke. Don't flip out or anything, okay? I've seen people leave perfectly good websites (that aren't so perfectly good now...) because they couldn't stand the AFD joke. ^_^;;

Lame and over sensitive people. ^_^
    That's, like, beyond over-sensitive. ^_^;
    quater

Post Fri Apr 02 2010, 13:00 by quater

But it is Deviantart, I believe you're talking about, and artists are crazy.
    Yoyo

Post Fri Apr 02 2010, 13:05 by Yoyo

You'd be right. That entire statement is right. *nods*
    :D
    PeinQAkatsuki

Post Sat Apr 03 2010, 03:53 by PeinQAkatsuki

quater wrote:
    PeinQAkatsuki wrote:Omg that scared the crap out of me D: I knew it was April Fools though! You were just so serious in that other thread I was like "Oh god o-o no! H-he's kidding right??" -phew-

Aww! ^_^

Haha! It was a good joke! :O I had fun with it. xD Even if it did scare the crap out of me xD!
    Yoyo

Post Sat Apr 03 2010, 16:21 by Yoyo

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:
    quater wrote:

Aww! ^_^

Haha! It was a good joke! :O I had fun with it. xD Even if it did scare the crap out of me xD!
    I think it as so successful because it scared the crap out of some people. If they didn't care that much, it would have been "Oh, okay. Oh, April Fools, okay." Those who care were ready to go sob in a corner for at least a split second, making it effective. :D
    quater

Post Sat Apr 03 2010, 17:40 by quater

Interesting analysis.
    PeinQAkatsuki

Post Sat Apr 03 2010, 20:49 by PeinQAkatsuki

Yoyo wrote:
    PeinQAkatsuki wrote:
    quater wrote:

Aww! ^_^

I think it as so successful because it scared the crap out of some people. If they didn't care that much, it would have been "Oh, okay. Oh, April Fools, okay." Those who care were ready to go sob in a corner for at least a split second, making it effective. :D
    If they would have shut us down I would have cried in a corner for at least three minutes :D I was ready to cry actually xD I was like "Wh-what????" xD
    Yoyo

Post Sat Apr 03 2010, 21:01 by Yoyo

Q -- The ones that enjoyed it were the ones that care about the site. :D

Saba -- I probably would have cried, too, and I don't do that too often. xD
    PeinQAkatsuki

Post Tue Apr 06 2010, 01:20 by PeinQAkatsuki

...Was that to Saba or is my new name Saba? o-o;;
    Toshii

Post Tue Apr 06 2010, 02:01 by Toshii

yoyo got confuzzled with names again xD
    debian

Post Tue Apr 06 2010, 12:00 by debian

freelance writers
    Banouin

Post Tue Apr 06 2010, 17:34 by Banouin

Spam :O
    Toshii

Post Tue Apr 06 2010, 17:39 by Toshii

^ no surprise :P
    quater

Post Tue Apr 06 2010, 18:22 by quater

Site Vulture!!
    Toshii

Post Tue Apr 06 2010, 23:10 by Toshii

XD
    JJDOMER45

Post Wed Apr 07 2010, 09:47 by JJDOMER45

I was like -- that close to crying to my mommy.
    Yoyo

Post Fri Apr 09 2010, 01:28 by Yoyo

^ If I had gone crying to mommy....
    I think hell would have frozen over.
    Azarni_Rin

Post Mon Apr 12 2010, 19:27 by Azarni_Rin

D: YOU SCARED ME! but as Azarni Rin, I always look on the bright side of things. I though "Does this mean i dont have to do the manga anymore?" lol I should really get back to that ^_^;;
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Tue Apr 13 2010, 17:42 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Banouin wrote:Spam :O
    Nu-uh!
    Yoyo

Post Wed Apr 14 2010, 14:43 by Yoyo

Azarni_Rin wrote:D: YOU SCARED ME! but as Azarni Rin, I always look on the bright side of things. I though "Does this mean i dont have to do the manga anymore?" lol I should really get back to that ^_^;;
    You know, I don't even know what manga you're supposed to be doing any more. ^_^;;
    But you probably should!
    (PM me; we like secrets here on WotN. ^_~ )
    Azarni_Rin

Post Fri Apr 16 2010, 19:57 by Azarni_Rin

Yoyo wrote:
    Azarni_Rin wrote:D: YOU SCARED ME! but as Azarni Rin, I always look on the bright side of things. I though "Does this mean i dont have to do the manga anymore?" lol I should really get back to that ^_^;;
    You know, I don't even know what manga you're supposed to be doing any more. ^_^;;
    But you probably should!
    (PM me; we like secrets here on WotN. ^_~ )
    Its always sitting right by my bed! it has my dream dictionary on it and a bag of jelly beans (Im never gonna finish that) and a puzzle and other stuff!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 19:04