WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
quater
theBOSS.
6 posters

English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o;

theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Empty English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o;

Post by theBOSS. Fri Nov 27 2009, 19:00

Er, yeah. I'm supposed to find errors in the sentences and fix them; I found a couple but I don't know if I found all of them.

1. When Mary along with the children deny the blame of witchcraft, the wrath of the townspeople still could not turn them against each other.

2. Falling ignominiously on her way to the stage, Sarah's face was most flushed than anybody's in the auditorium.

3. My 20/20 vision allow me to see as good if not better than she.

4. The group of soldiers who runs away from battle are obviously cowards who only cares for himself.

5. The most unique quality of Sarah's that I admire is how she is capable in forgiving her enemies who she receives much pain from.

6. I do not feel so good after eating that burrito so that I might need to lay down.

7. Some people prefer playing video games over other people's company even though statistics show that sociability is healthier for you.

8. Although Sam will take four years to graduate law school, he and his classmates hope to become a lawyer who is different than their predecessors.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Empty Re: English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o;

Post by quater Wed Dec 02 2009, 20:29

I'm sorry I didn't help :(
    Azarni_Rin
    Azarni_Rin
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 20671
    What's up Tab : Look! This pencil's a bit bent! D: *tries to fix it* SNAP! D:> OMG! I BROKE THE PENCIL!! Dx
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-08-21

AMP
    Natural: 18
    Instinct: 26

English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Empty Re: English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o;

Post by Azarni_Rin Wed Dec 02 2009, 20:41

Yay! I wanna try! :3
    im gonna put the stuff i did in bold! :D

1. When Mary, along with the children, deny the blame of witchcraft, the wrath of the townspeople still could not turn them against each other.

2. Falling ignominiously on her way to the stage, Sarah's face was more flushed than anybody's in the auditorium.

3. My 20/20 vision allows me to see as good, if not better, than she.

4. The group of soldiers who runs away from battle are obviously cowards who only cares for himself. D:> dunno...

5. The most unique quality of Sarah is that I admire is how she is capable in forgiving her enemies who she receives much pain from.

6. I do not feel so good after eating that burrito so (I took out that :D) I might need to lay down.

7. Some people prefer playing video games over other peoples' company even though statistics show that sociability is healthier for you.

8. Although Sam will take four years to graduate law school, he and his classmates hope to become a lawyer who is different than their predecessors. erm...im not sure... but that last part after 'who is' doesnt seem right to me :D

NOTE: these may not neccessarily be true! :D
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 28860
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-22

AMP
    Natural: 1578
    Power: 1535
    Instinct: 1833

Post by Meika-Chan Wed Dec 02 2009, 22:26

Meika tries?

I'll put mine in yellow.

1. When Mary along with the children denied the blame of witchcraft, the
    wrath of the townspeople still could not turn them against each other.
    I kinda liked Azari's though.

2. Falling ignominiously on her way to the stage, Sarah's face was more flushed than anybody else's in the auditorium.

3. My 20/20 vision allow me to see as well if not better than her.

4. The group of soldiers who ran away from battle are obviously cowards who only care for themselves.

The most unique quality of Sarah's that I admire is how she is capable of? forgiving her enemies whom she has recieved much pain from.

6. I do not feel so good after eating that burrito, so I may need to lay down.

Some people prefer playing video games over other people's company even
    though statistics show that sociability is healthier for you.

Although Sam will take four years to graduate from law school, he and his
    classmates hope to become lawyers who are different than their
    predecessors.

There are a few I'm not totally sure about, but I'm pretty decent at english, I think. o_o'
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Wed Dec 02 2009, 23:13

Nah, I fixed them. ^^;
    I guess I'll just put 'em up since you younguns should learn too.

1. When Mary , along with the children, denies the blame for witchcraft, the wrath of the townspeople still can not turn them against one other.

2. Falling ignominiously on her way to the stage, Sarah [omit]'s face[/omit] was more flushed than anybody else in the auditorium.

3. My 20/20 vision allows me to see as well, if not better, than hers.

4. The group of soldiers who run away from battle are obviuos cowards who care only for themselves.

5. The [omit]most[/omit] unique quality of Sarah that I admire is her capability in forgiving her enemies from whom she receives much pain.

6. I do not feel so well after eating that burrito [omit]so that[/omit] ; I may need to lie down.

7. Some people prefer playing video games to socializing with others even though statistics show that sociability is more healthful for them.

8. Although Sam will take four years to graduate from law school, he and his classmates hope to become lawyers who are different from their predecessors.
    Azarni_Rin
    Azarni_Rin
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 20671
    What's up Tab : Look! This pencil's a bit bent! D: *tries to fix it* SNAP! D:> OMG! I BROKE THE PENCIL!! Dx
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2009-08-21

AMP
    Natural: 18
    Instinct: 26

Post by Azarni_Rin Thu Dec 03 2009, 18:32

8D
    honestly, i never knew we had this section on WOTN :P
    D-Dei
    D-Dei
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 49291
    What's up Tab : "I've made up my mind. I'm gonna become an emu."

BEL.the.Ripper.

Spoiler:

Fanclubs : Deidara Fanclub.
    Happiness bar :
    English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-31

AMP

Post by D-Dei Thu Dec 03 2009, 21:24

Oh Geez.

Don't we have to retake that test... again?
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100English: ...Sentence error fixing things? o_o; Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Jun 17 2010, 21:11

Grammar Nazi's For The Win?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16 2024, 03:59