WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
PeinQAkatsuki
KarateKeyaQ
SickSelfishSyQo
quater
8 posters

Bicycles Verse Cars

Poll

The Poll

[ 0 ]
    Bicycles Verse Cars 2HwAlpQ0%Bicycles Verse Cars ORIszmu [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Bicycles Verse Cars 2HwAlpQ100%Bicycles Verse Cars ORIszmu [100%] 

Total Votes: 7
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Bicycles Verse Cars Empty Bicycles Verse Cars

Post by quater Sat Mar 21 2009, 10:27

People on bikes annoy me so much. Not the bikers who use the sidewalks, but the idiots who believe this hippy nonsense about sharing the road. Sorry, sir, but when you are up against cars, you get out of the way! That's what sidewalks are for! But no, bikes always get in my way and decide to take forever.

But today I saw possibly the dumbest biker moment in my life. I was doing a 5K run which means they had to stop traffic so that we wouldn't get run over. And all these cars were stopped on one side of the road. And imbetween all these cars was a man. On a bike. Sitting there. Between the cars. Just waiting.

What the freedom? Why is this biker not going on ahead? He has a bike! He doesn't need to stop with the cars. He can get on one of the sidewalks on both sides of the roads and pedal away! But no! He is sitting there. Waiting for us to go by and the cars to go again. But he doesn't have to! Because he is a biker! Does anyone get the logic I am saying here?

So, what do you think? Should cars have to share the road, or should bikers quit pretending to be cars to make us all happier?
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Bicycles Verse Cars Empty Re: Bicycles Verse Cars

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Sat Mar 21 2009, 10:36

I think down here it's illegal to ride your bike down the sidewalk?? I know it was in Cincinnati.

Now, I am all for sidewalk biking myself, and would have struck down many a road biker if it wasn't for that whole manslaughter thing, but I follow you. Bicycles need to not be in the middle of the road unless the speed limit is 10mph.
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 2

Post by KarateKeyaQ Sat Mar 21 2009, 11:24

Just run 'em down and claim it was an accident.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27316
    What's up Tab : Homie Purp && Homie Blue: Ghetto since 2009
    Bicycles Verse Cars Ightning
    PeinQ & ThiCup: Non-photogenic buddies~ :D
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-25

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sat Mar 21 2009, 13:54

I think that bikers should stick to the sidewalks, if they can help it. They'll almost definitely get run over at some point in their life. I think that it's a good cause to bike, it helps with the pollution and oil crisis problems, but the bikers need to realize that sidewalks are what they should be biking on.

Unless it's illegal in the city, and then I don't know what to tell you.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 61517
    What's up Tab : Bicycles Verse Cars Ajqwx0
    Fanclubs : Neji & Kiba
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-26

AMP
    Natural: 700
    Power: 700
    Instinct: 700

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sat Mar 21 2009, 14:03

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:I think that bikers should stick to the sidewalks, if they can help it. They'll almost definitely get run over at some point in their life. I think that it's a good cause to bike, it helps with the pollution and oil crisis problems, but the bikers need to realize that sidewalks are what they should be biking on.

Then pedestrians will have to beware of bikers, and there could be loads of bike related injuries on the sidewalks.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by quater Sat Mar 21 2009, 14:06

CLAIRVOYANTdisease wrote:
    PeinQAkatsuki wrote:I think that bikers should stick to the sidewalks, if they can help it. They'll almost definitely get run over at some point in their life. I think that it's a good cause to bike, it helps with the pollution and oil crisis problems, but the bikers need to realize that sidewalks are what they should be biking on.

Then pedestrians will have to beware of bikers, and there could be loads of bike related injuries on the sidewalks.

I disagree. Most people walking down a sidewalk can see a biker.

Plus, a biker can always say "get out of the way"

But in comparison to a biker taking on a car. Yelling won't help. And most cars don't pay attention. And the injury is a lot worse.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sat Mar 21 2009, 14:10

quater wrote:

But in comparison to a biker taking on a car. Yelling won't help. And most cars don't pay attention. And the injury is a lot worse.

Sidewalks aren't always big enough for bikers AND pedestrians at the same time though, plus a lot of people aren't quick enough to move if they see a bike coming, or some don't even notice if they come from behind.

True, but I hate the bikers who blame the cars when most of them don't pay attention to the road anyway, like they go through red lights when pedestrians are crossing the road when its a green man, and they wander why they cycle straight into a dangerous situation.
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

Post by Banouin Sat Mar 21 2009, 14:26

...I laughed at this. I have never seen a biker...
    King_Of_Blades
    King_Of_Blades
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 10075
    What's up Tab : Watching One Piece.
    Fanclubs : jesus freaks FC WOTN vetrean princes, WOTN birgade,Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-05-29

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by King_Of_Blades Sat Mar 21 2009, 15:31

lol i agree with Q on this bikers have feet and are not big so they can easily just go on the sidewalk or a dirt road and ride their bikes or like the rest of us get a car lol
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Mar 21 2009, 16:51

quater wrote:

Sidewalks aren't always big enough for bikers AND pedestrians at the same time though, plus a lot of people aren't quick enough to move if they see a bike coming, or some don't even notice if they come from behind.

True, but I hate the bikers who blame the cars when most of them don't pay attention to the road anyway, like they go through red lights when pedestrians are crossing the road when its a green man, and they wander why they cycle straight into a dangerous situation.

But the brakes on a bike are a lot more reliable than the ones on car. Plus, you don't need to speed bike, perhaps?

I know what you mean. I almost hit this little girl yesterday because the girl saw me coming but thought she could cross the street anyway. I was like "Idiot"

Glad you agree, King of Blades! ^_^
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sat Mar 21 2009, 17:38

James: Yeah I know that feeling.

There's this levy thing down by the river that most people/bikers bike/walk on to places. Plus there's about ten bike paths throughout my dinky city. They're put to good use, normally.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sat Mar 21 2009, 17:47

I would love to see cities implement Bike roads, Madison Wisconsin has a lot of bikes, and I am sure it would be annoying. As a driver myself I dislike it when bikers use road space instead of off the road (where there is plenty of room)
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sat Mar 21 2009, 17:51

Righto! Someone should get a petition going around the big cities to build bike paths so that way the bikers and pedestrians don't get hurt (and no one gets run over by anything).
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sat Mar 21 2009, 17:58

but there is a problem. Not enough room, we should make them ride underground.

also I don't live in or particularly close (like 15 minutes, so unpractical for me, especially with a developing community close)

or have the other towns start using them as well
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sat Mar 21 2009, 18:06

I don't live close to my town either (surprisingly, I live in a rich people suburbia o.o only I'm on the ghetto-like side XD jk i'm on the more middle class side of it), so it takes about 15 minutes in a car to even GET anywhere interesting (besides the roller skate rink). It would take me an hour on a bike to even dream of getting to the bookstore. then on the way back with books, not fun.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sat Mar 21 2009, 18:09

amaterasu wrote:I would love to see cities implement Bike roads, Madison Wisconsin has a lot of bikes, and I am sure it would be annoying. As a driver myself I dislike it when bikers use road space instead of off the road (where there is plenty of room)

Lots of cities have done that.
    Austria is mainly bikes, in Vienna you won't go anywhere without seeing more bikes than cars.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sat Mar 21 2009, 18:11

Don't more people in Japan and China use bikes due to population density?
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sat Mar 21 2009, 18:13

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:Don't more people in Japan and China use bikes due to population density?

In China I think there are more bikes because people can't afford cars...or at least the majority can't.
    Dunno though ^_^
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sat Mar 21 2009, 18:13

amaterasu wrote:I would love to see cities implement Bike roads, Madison Wisconsin has a lot of bikes, and I am sure it would be annoying. As a driver myself I dislike it when bikers use road space instead of off the road (where there is plenty of room)

Lots of cities have done that.
    Austria is mainly bikes, in Vienna you won't go anywhere without seeing more bikes than cars.
    yeah here in New-brunswick, we're not that lucky
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sat Mar 21 2009, 18:14

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:Don't more people in Japan and China use bikes due to population density?

In China I think there are more bikes because people can't afford cars...or at least the majority can't.
    Dunno though ^_^
    Yeah maybe that's why... all I know is that there's more bikes there than cars :P XD
    King_Of_Blades
    King_Of_Blades
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 10075
    What's up Tab : Watching One Piece.
    Fanclubs : jesus freaks FC WOTN vetrean princes, WOTN birgade,Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-05-29

AMP

Post by King_Of_Blades Sat Mar 21 2009, 19:54

true mostly everybody in england rides bikes or cars or some like me which i dont live in england no more wel i did for a yr i would i usually rode the bus or trolley whatever you call them bloody things XD
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sun Mar 22 2009, 05:18

King_Of_Blades wrote:true mostly everybody in england rides bikes or cars or some like me which i dont live in england no more wel i did for a yr i would i usually rode the bus or trolley whatever you call them bloody things XD

You're kidding, right? There are way more cars than bikes in England.
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    Bicycles Verse Cars Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100Bicycles Verse Cars Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Sun Mar 22 2009, 13:48

Some places have a lane in the road specifically for bicycles.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sun Mar 22 2009, 13:57

Dunno though ^_^

Which is interesting considering you'd think the Communists could just buy them cars since Communism works so well.

Oh wait.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sun Mar 22 2009, 15:16

SickSelfishSycho wrote:Some places have a lane in the road specifically for bicycles.
    Yeah like my city has MILLIONS of bike paths/roads. Plus no one wants to walk, so the sidwalks are all for the bikers practically. No one wants cars either. It's kinda bogus.

Q: Nice.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14 2024, 08:13