WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communion

amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Communion Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Communion Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Communion Empty Communion

Post by amaterasu

1 Corinthians 11:27-29

27 So anyone who eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord unworthily is guilty of sinning against[a] the body and blood of the Lord.
    28 That is why you should examine yourself before eating the bread and drinking the cup.
    29 For if you eat the bread or drink the cup without honoring the body of Christ,[b] you are eating and drinking God’s judgment upon yourself.

a. 1. 1 Corinthians 11:27 Or is responsible for.
    b. 2. 1 Corinthians 11:29 Greek the body; other manuscripts read the Lord’s body.

These Verses are pretty frightening aren't they?
    I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling that these verses are speaking about against most of the churches today. For I know Communion is once a month in my church (we had it today, but since I help with the kids program I didn't have it).
    It's weird that such a simple act has such a great importance
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Sun Jul 04 2010, 22:44 by quater

I know my youth pastor only let us have it now and again, and asked anyone who wasn't ready to leave the room, because he took communion that seriously.
    amaterasu

Post Mon Jul 05 2010, 12:43 by amaterasu

wow, really?
    Mikel

Post Tue Jul 06 2010, 09:00 by Mikel

we have it every sunday.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Jul 06 2010, 13:52 by SickSelfishSyQo

When I was a church-goer Communion was once a month. The church my parents and sister went to was really odd, I thought, for having it every three weeks or something.
    Lunami

Post Tue Jul 06 2010, 20:21 by Lunami

How is it weird that it's such a great importance?
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Jul 06 2010, 20:30 by SickSelfishSyQo

Thats not why it was strange. Every three weeks?? What kind of timeline is that?? Why not just make it easy and have it every two?? Or once a month??
    Lunami

Post Tue Jul 06 2010, 20:43 by Lunami

Actually, I was referring to what Ama said, not you. Sorry about that. I was curious why Ama thought;
    "It's weird that such a simple act has such a great importance."

Numbers play a big part in many religions. It's often thought that especially the Abrahamaic faiths, especially considering a portion of Christianity comes from Judaism. Numbers were important back when, very much so. While it may seem esoteric for every three weeks, there may be a deeper reason why your church in particular liked to hold it that often.

http://www.carm.org/what-biblical-numerology

Quick search on it. On this page in particular, 3 seems to be incredibly important.

If you think that's a doozy, you should look into Kabbalah. lol
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Jul 06 2010, 20:44 by SickSelfishSyQo

Haha, oh. Sorry ^^
    Lunami

Post Tue Jul 06 2010, 20:51 by Lunami

It's alright. It was my fault anyway. xP
    Mikel

Post Fri Jul 09 2010, 22:31 by Mikel

SickSelfishSycho wrote:Thats not why it was strange. Every three weeks?? What kind of timeline is that?? Why not just make it easy and have it every two?? Or once a month??

i don't know. well, we have it every week.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26 2024, 05:05