WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
SickSelfishSyQo
TheFirstKnight
KarateKeyaQ
quater
Yoyo
CLAIRVOYANTdisease
RuinzOfBlood
11 posters

~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~

RuinzOfBlood
    RuinzOfBlood
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 598
    What's up Tab : Your skin ain't the only skin, blood ain't the only blood, dreams ain't the only dreams && this world makes me wanna scream
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-09

AMP
    Natural: 30
    Power: 30
    Instinct: 30

~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Empty ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~

Post by RuinzOfBlood Mon May 17 2010, 10:22

You never sing for pleasure. You only make the sounds. You never feel the magic. 'Cause you think the world is round. You never dance in moonlight. You run, but you never move. You don't believe in someday. And, the, truth is what you prove. But, it's alright. Just another day. Too many chains around you. You laugh, but you never smile. You don't belong in Heaven. But, you're here all the while. And, it's alright. All right. Just another day. Another day. Another Day to let you down. Another way that they have found. Another Day. Another way. You never sing for pleasure. You only make the sounds. You never feel the magic. You think the world is spinning round for you. But, it's alright. All right. Well, it's alright. Just Another Day...-Just Another Day:: Dio-...

Ronnie James Dio, one of heavy metal's all-time greatest singers and a five-decade rock veteran, died early Sunday morning, according to a statement posted on his website by his wife and longtime manager, Wendy Dio. The singer, known for his work with Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell and his own band, Dio, died less than a year after being diagnosed with stomach cancer.

He was 67.

"Today my heart is broken. Ronnie passed away at 7:45 a.m.," Wendy Dio's statement reads. "Many, many friends and family were able to say their private goodbyes before he peacefully passed away.

"Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

With his powerful signature vocals and doom-laden lyrics, Dio fronted several iconic bands during his career: Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath and, of course, Dio. In 2009, he released The Devil You Know LP with the outfit Heaven and Hell, which featured the same lineup as the post-Ozzy Osbourne incarnation of Sabbath that he fronted in the early 1980s.
    Possessed with one of the most recognizable voices in rock music, Dio's onstage theatrics (swords, mock dragon slaying), medieval themes and cool stage presence helped win the adulation of generations of metal fans and musicians, including mainstream figures like Jack Black and Dave Grohl. Contemporary "metalcore" band Killswitch Engage regularly covers Dio's "Holy Diver" in their live set, even going so far as to release a lovingly campy music video in homage.

Dio is credited with popularizing (if not inventing) the "devil horns" hand gesture used by everyone from the darkest of death and black metal acts to pop stars, athletes and professional wrestlers. Dio often said he got the symbol -- the "Malocchio" or "Evil Eye" -- from his Italian grandmother.
    Born Ronald James Padavona in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Dio released his first record in 1958 with the group Ronnie & the Red Caps. It wasn't until a few years after that single's release that he adopted his stage name, inspired by New York mafia figure Johnny Dio. A later band, the Electric Elves, evolved into Elf. Deep Purple guitarist Ritchie Blackmore recruited Dio and some of his Elf bandmates when he formed Rainbow in 1975; Dio released three landmark studio albums and a live LP with the band.

Personal differences drove Dio from Rainbow and in 1979, he replaced Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath. His first album with the group, 1980's Heaven and Hell, ended the heavy metal originators' creative slump with gusto and effectively reinvented the band, a streak continued with Mob Rules the following year. However, divisions within the group came to a head during the mixing of 1982's Live Evil.

Taking drummer Vinny Appice with him, Ronnie formed his own band, called simply Dio. The title track from 1983's Holy Diver would become one of his most recognized and definitive songs. The Last In Line (1984), like the album before it, went platinum in the US. Over the following 20 years, Dio continued to record and tour, releasing the band's 10th studio album, Master of the Moon, in 2004.

A short-lived reunion with Black Sabbath in the early '90s produced the album Dehumanizer in 1992, before Ozzy's eventual return to the band. In 2006, Dio reunited with his former Sabbath-mates to write and record a handful of new tracks for inclusion on the Black Sabbath: The Dio Years collection. The chemistry between Dio, Appice, guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler resulted in the formation of Heaven and Hell (so titled for a number of reasons, not least to avoid confusion with the more recent Osbourne-fronted versions of Black Sabbath).

Heaven and Hell released Live from Radio City Music Hall, a celebration of the Dio-era Sabbath songbook, in 2007. The Devil You Know, their first studio album under the new monicker, followed last year.

In November of 2009, Dio's wife and manager Wendy announced that Ronnie had been diagnosed with stomach cancer. Several rounds of chemotherapy and other treatments followed. Earlier this month, Heaven and Hell announced the cancellation of a planned summer tour of Europe owing to Dio's condition.

In April, Dio appeared at the Revolver Golden Gods Awards in Los Angeles to accept the award for Best Vocalist. As members of Alice in Chains presented the award to him, the crowd chanted, "Dio! Dio! Dio! Dio!"

Holy Diver. You've been down too long, in the midnight sea. Oh, what's becoming of me? Ride the tiger! You can see his stripes, but you know he's clean. Oh, don't you see what, I mean? Gotta get away. Holy Diver. Got! Shiny diamonds. Like the eyes of a cat, in the black and blue. Something is coming for you. Race for the morning. You can hide in the sun, 'till you see the light. Oh, we will pray it's all right! Gotta get away-get away. Between the velvet lies. There's a truth that's hard as steel. The vision never dies. Life's a never ending wheel. Holy Diver. You're the star of the masquerade! No need to look so afraid. Jump on the tiger! You can feel his heart, but you know he's mean. Some light can never be seen. Holy Diver. You've been down too long, in the midnight sea. Oh, what's becoming of me? Gotta get away. Get away. Gotta get away. Get away, yeah. Holy Diver. Soul survivor. Your armour's clean. Holy Diver...-Holy Diver:: Dio-...

http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/holy-diver-lyrics-dio/536d4b9afc41caf548256cea000de483
    http://www.elyrics.net/read/d/dio-lyrics/just-another-day-lyrics.html
    http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1639314/20100516/ronnie_james_dio.jhtml
    _______

It's really, really sad. I grew up with this guy. It's just a huge shocker to hear this. I mean, I know he was at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota not too long ago. I live right by, so it's no surprise that I found out one of my favorite metal singer's was there. But, I didn't think that it'd be so serious.

I'm really sad now.
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ 18475
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 61517
    What's up Tab : ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Ajqwx0
    Fanclubs : Neji & Kiba
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-26

AMP
    Natural: 700
    Power: 700
    Instinct: 700

~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Empty Re: ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Mon May 17 2010, 10:38

I heard that last night~ every thought it was a rumour til they posted it officially on the site.

It's real sad.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 73947
    What's up Tab : ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ JK0f7
    "Shoot a mushroom I don't even know anymore."
    : Yoyo's Fanfic :
    I won't stop caring about you~ Q
    I am: the CEO of Confusion
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-25

AMP
    Natural: 50
    Power: Fire Fist
    Instinct: 44

Post by Yoyo Mon May 17 2010, 16:10

You know what's fun? I found out the creator of Gumby died in January and talked to my mom about it. We mourned his death. And then my mom said something about how my dad was sad that this guy died. Neither of us knew who he was, though. We were too busy mourning the death of Art Clokey. xD
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27316
    What's up Tab : Homie Purp && Homie Blue: Ghetto since 2009
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Ightning
    PeinQ & ThiCup: Non-photogenic buddies~ :D
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-25

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power:
    Instinct: 2

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Tue May 18 2010, 00:59

I heard about this dude dying... Sucks. Of course, I've never heard of him before. But it's still sad.
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 73947
    What's up Tab : ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ JK0f7
    "Shoot a mushroom I don't even know anymore."
    : Yoyo's Fanfic :
    I won't stop caring about you~ Q
    I am: the CEO of Confusion
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-25

AMP
    Natural: 50
    Power: Fire Fist
    Instinct: 44

Post by Yoyo Tue May 18 2010, 03:46

Yeah.... Death isn't nice, but not knowing who it was who died makes being sad for them somewhat difficult. ^_^;;
    RuinzOfBlood
    RuinzOfBlood
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 598
    What's up Tab : Your skin ain't the only skin, blood ain't the only blood, dreams ain't the only dreams && this world makes me wanna scream
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue35 / 10035 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-09

AMP
    Natural: 30
    Power: 30
    Instinct: 30

Post by RuinzOfBlood Wed May 19 2010, 15:29

mmm, understandable.

as i said before, i grew up w/ this guy...so it's really heartbreaking
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Thu May 20 2010, 14:58

He was 67? That's old enough to die and it not really be that weird...
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP
    Power: 0

Post by KarateKeyaQ Thu May 20 2010, 15:16

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:I heard about this dude dying... Sucks. Of course, I've never heard of him before. But it's still sad.
    Agreed.
    Except I never heard about him dying or that he existed at all.
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 8141
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-07-13

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by TheFirstKnight Fri May 21 2010, 00:47

Dio is quite important in the heavy metal genre.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Fri May 21 2010, 01:41

KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    PeinQAkatsuki wrote:I heard about this dude dying... Sucks. Of course, I've never heard of him before. But it's still sad.
    Agreed.
    I heard he died on the radio I think.

TFK: That's why I've never heard of him o-o;
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by TheFirstKnight Sat May 22 2010, 17:16

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:
    KarateKeyaQ wrote:
    Agreed.
    I heard he died on the radio I think.

TFK: That's why I've never heard of him o-o;

he died on the radio! whoa that's a trippy way to go!
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Sat May 22 2010, 17:21

Almost like dying naked.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sat May 22 2010, 17:29

SickSelfishSycho wrote:Almost like dying naked.
    Or on the toilet..
    SickSelfishSyQo
    SickSelfishSyQo
    Citizen

Number of posts : 21639
    What's up Tab : I'm so ninja, I cut my pizza with a sword.
    Fanclubs : Soul Eater
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue40 / 10040 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-26

AMP
    Natural: 37
    Power: Frostbite
    Instinct: 43

Post by SickSelfishSyQo Sat May 22 2010, 17:40

CLAIRVOYANTdisease wrote:
    Or on the toilet..

or during sex O_o

how awkward...
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sat May 22 2010, 17:46

SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    Or on the toilet..

or during sex O_o

how awkward...
    Hahaha! XD
    TheFirstKnight
    TheFirstKnight
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by TheFirstKnight Sat May 22 2010, 19:19

don't some old people die during sex?
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Sat May 22 2010, 19:54

Yeah, but I'm not sure when exactly that would become necrophilia.
    UreshiiQ
    UreshiiQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 19937
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-21

AMP
    Natural: 123
    Power: 108
    Instinct: 119

Post by UreshiiQ Sun May 23 2010, 04:55

I heard this on the radio...The radio guy was real nice apparently they met ^^
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sun May 23 2010, 21:23

O-O;;; Whoops I worded that wrong.

I heard on the radio that he dided.
    Mikel
    Mikel
    General
    General

Male
    Number of posts : 12074
    What's up Tab :
    Spoiler:

Fanclubs : That jack-o-lantern.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2009-05-01

AMP
    Natural: 46
    Power: Earth Armor
    Instinct: 26

Post by Mikel Mon May 24 2010, 01:03

aw. too bad,
    UreshiiQ
    UreshiiQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 19937
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-21

AMP
    Natural: 123
    Power: 108
    Instinct: 119

Post by UreshiiQ Mon May 24 2010, 18:37

XD PQ~ I heard the same way :3
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Mon May 24 2010, 18:41

Another rockstar died today... Paul Gray from Slipknot.. geez, its really not a good year ._.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Tue May 25 2010, 00:15

Seriously? o-o; I mean, I never listened to Slipknot, but I know who they are. That's sad! D:
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by CLAIRVOYANTdisease Tue May 25 2010, 12:43

Haha, I like a few Slipknot songs.. but seriously.. its shocking.

Apparantly he OD'd in a hotel room..
    KarateKeyaQ
    KarateKeyaQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41152
    Happiness bar :
    ~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100~R.I.P.:: Ronnie James Dio~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-30

AMP

Post by KarateKeyaQ Tue May 25 2010, 15:18

SickSelfishSycho wrote:
    Or on the toilet..

or during sex O_o

how awkward...
    It's quite possible.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 07:34