WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.Gray-Man~

sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    D.Gray-Man~ Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100D.Gray-Man~ Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

D.Gray-Man~ Empty D.Gray-Man~

Post by sabaku no ketsueki

Wow, I haven't written an anime blog!

So right now, I'm in the process of watching/reading D.Gray-Man. It's set at the end of a fictional 19th century, and if you forget, the author will tell you at the beginning of like, every chapter. But anyway, it's about this kid, Allen, who fights demons called Akuma. These akuma are the souls of dead people who kill a person and wear their body when the Millenium Earl (a creepy villian thing who wears elf shoes and a different hat everytime you see him) convices a loved one to call them back from the dead. Allen joins this organization-borderline cult called the Black Order to become an exorcist and find this stuff called Innocence which is used to destroy akuma. There's some more stuff involved too, and it's actually pretty interesting.

For the longest time, I couldn't decide whether to read the manga first or watch the anime. I got the first two volumes from Aichu as a Christmas gift, and got hooked. So I checked out the anime. Me being me, I watched the dub. Eh, it's alright. I dunno how much better the sub would be, but I usually prefer to watch the dub stuff. But really, the manga is wayyyyyyyyyyy better. The anime has a bad case of taking the original idea and doing it over and over and over and over, where the manga takes it and expands on it. The writing in the anime is also kinda cliché. But I'm watching it anyways because it is so different from the manga. And it's going through what I like to call Naruto Syndrome, where the plot is no where to be found for the majority of it.

So read the manga. It's pretty darn good. And as in every anime/manga I read/watch, I find a character that I fall in love with. Ah, I'm weird~ It's awesome.

Last edited by sabaku no ketsueki on Sun Feb 21 2010, 22:44; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Sun Feb 21 2010, 22:31 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

I still have to finish that one >_<
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Mon Feb 22 2010, 00:16 by SickSelfishSyQo

I started watching it and got up to, like, episode 5. Then i got kind of bored and never picked it up again - but if it really is worth watching, maybe I will.
    sabaku no ketsueki

Post Mon Feb 22 2010, 21:09 by sabaku no ketsueki

The manga is so much better. I mean, really. Wayyyyy better.
    But the anime isn't too bad. A little repetitive.

Post  by Sponsored content