WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Balance of Dominance

quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Balance of Dominance Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Balance of Dominance Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Balance of Dominance Empty Balance of Dominance

Post by quater Sat Dec 20 2008, 00:25

Yeah, I wrote a fanfic. In an effort to help WOTN, I thought I would post some of it up. Let me know what you think? Yeah......Here it is.

Chapter 1: Cataclysm
    Sai:
    I walked outside, paintbrush in one hand. A painting of my teammates and I, smiling and happy in the other. It wasn’t true. I wasn’t happy. I peered out from my balcony; the sun was being swallowed by the horizon. The light was fading. The air coolly whipped across my face and ever so faintly patted my hair.
    The thought crossed my mind. It had been crisscrossing my mind for months now, ever since I met him, taking every form and shape imaginable. What is Naruto? How is it he has affected me so much? When we first met, I had seen Naruto as weak. He was overemotional, and these emotions made me feel he was nothing more then a pawn. And yet, he has done immense things.
    How come? How can Naruto have so many emotions, so many bonds, and yet, he is so powerful? And worse yet, I have been wondering. I never used to wonder. I was an object, emotionless, listless. I did, I strategize, I was. Now I ponder, I reflect, I dream?
    I have become weaker. Ever since meeting Naruto, it is a fact. Naruto, has made me weaker. He gave me what everything I have rejected for so long. Emotions. I am now an enemy to my old being. The old being in me would have countered and maybe even killed who I have become. The essential truth to being a Ninja is, you must be emotionless. It is a commandment, and it is the Shinobi way. What then, am I? And, what is Naruto? Naruto cannot be a ninja. He is enslaved to his emotions. He does not know any restraint to them. His emotions are overbearing, and not just to himself. They are in infectious. For they have entered and poisoned me.
    My senses had returned. A very powerful presence was moving in my direction from behind. It landed about ten steps behind me. I had seen this presence before. I greeted him with my eyes.
    The remnants of the sun cast a glitter on his glasses. His most striking feature was his smile. Smiles are tricky. In a way they are an art form much mightier then a paintbrush can understand, or, ever hope to convey. His smile both chilled me, and, it gave me hope. He was intimidating, yet, irresistible. His smile, had, in fact, disarmed me. As a Shinobi of Konoha I should have already reacted, by whipping out my weapon and stabbing his heart through. I had not.
    “You go by the name Sai, is that correct?” he asked in a tone that spelled friendship. He was relaying to me, through the tone of his voice, he was not going to fight me unless I let things get out of hand.
    “Yes, I do. What is it you want? A man such as yourself I am ordered to capture on sight,” I warned him. Of course, this ninja knew this better then I knew it. He was the one who had sneaked here so of course that must have been on his mind. I said it to hasten him.
    “Then you realize that what I have come here to talk with you about is, to me, a matter of life,” he answered matter of fact. There is a time when all must accept defeat. For a shinobi, learning when that time is can matter the life of an entire team of ninjas, or none. So we are taught to understand it. Naruto Uzumaki, had never learned this trait, but instead continued on the ludicrous mission to save Sasuke a common traitor. I had learned it. And with that statement I knew, I had been utterly defeated. The man I was talking to understood me.
    Understanding your enemy is an advantage. I watched him carefully through a new perspective. No longer thinking what I should do if we were to fight, but how to escape or reach help if this goes unwell. He wore a cloak that hid most of his body and all but a partial of his face.
    “Yes, I understand you clearly, what is it?” I asked him. His eyes moved and focused on me.
    It has been said, that the eyes are the window to the soul. If this is true, then does that make the door the mouth? I had believed that, until I realized how easily the words, the tone, and the meanings could be blurred or misspoke. To me the eyes are not a window, they are the door. They can stand locked, but, in sweet tiny instances, whether the person, or something else, they open and you can come to understand the inhabitant. They usually lay closed and dormant. A curiosity. Yet, when his eyes had met mine, the door was opened a peek. And inside, I could see a Shinobi. Perfect and powerful.
    “Sai, I have a request. As you have probably learned Orochimaru is dead,” he paused and I shook my head to acknowledge this. “With Lord Orochimaru dead, I was at a crossroads of what to do. The fates however have opened my ideas. I have suddenly been made to know exactly what my purpose is. Konoha, must be destroyed.”
    I looked at him. It was a goal his former master had believed too. Konoha was mighty; it would not easily let him conquer it. He wanted me to help. This struck me. I was rarely looked at in such favor.
    “Why do believe I could help you?” I asked. His green eye hit me. The physical aspect that reminded one who else was inside him. It was a quivering sight. It made him all the more intimidating. A man, who could fuse Orochimaru with him, was either a fool, or crazy. At least that was what the people had believed. I saw it differently. A man, who even knew how to do it, was genius.
    “When I met you, you were able to convince Lord Orochimaru that you were able to be trusted. Though he merely glanced at that trust, you had done it. I spent months with Lord Orochimaru and it took great time for me to earn his trust. Anyone who can do this must then be an asset. During the time I spent with you I also noticed something else in you Sai. Discontent. Surely you see as well as I that things in Konoha are not as they should be. This world, in fact, is not as it should be. And we can help to fix it. If you work with me, I can help you,” he finished and smiled. The power of his smile had hit me.
    I was struggling. I should have immediately told him no. A Konoha Shinobi should have already struck him down, or retreated and gotten reinforcements. I had done neither. And now, I was unable to say what I was supposed to say. I should have denied him in all ways, and yet. I could not. Was this my own doing; was this the emotions of Naruto? No, this was my old self. I suddenly felt myself, and I was a traitor to my very being. Not because I had refused to be loyal to Konoha, but instead because I was willing to be loyal to Konoha. A shinobi’s loyalties should not exist; shinobi should exist wholly for the purpose of finishing the mission.
    “What do you want me to do?” I asked. The sun had left with the day, the night had opened. The stars twinkled, and the world was silent to our meeting. A gleam had entered the shadowed figure’s eyes as he responded.
    “You will leave, tonight. Naruto kun isn’t in the village, so no time is better then now for you to make your move. After leaving you, I will create a distraction. You must use it. I ask that after our meeting you head directly to the Kage’s Castle, and find Tsunade. And after that, kill her. My distraction will last, but not permanently. People will require her guidance and wish to find her. So you must be quick. After you have killed her, exit the village. I will find you. What do you say?” he asked with his tone disappearing from serious to happiness.
    “I will consider it,” I said. A part of my body screamed, and a part of me approved. I couldn’t, let the old Sai die. He was who I am.
    “This day will truly be an unbelievable day Sai, and the start of a whole new vision,” he ended. He ran at me and hopped over the side of my balcony and into the abysmal of darkness below me. I stood staring at the night.
    Hagane Kotetsu:
    Izumo and I were bored. The Chuunin Exams had just passed, always a highlight of fun messing with the Genins, and now we’re back on guard duties. We stood by the gates keeping up face. We had to be vigilant and watchful lest there be a villain who enters our path. The most pointless mission. If a villain is stupid enough to pass through our gates, then he is not worth our time. And if he is smart enough to pass through our gates undetected, he is probably clever enough to do it in a way he won’t get caught. So instead we spend our entire time helping, the locals.
    The locals are the worst. They come to town to sell a pig, so they want us to carry it to market. They come to town to sell a cabbage so we must carry it in. They come to town to sell their daughter so we must find her a suitable academy. Snooze, boring and dull. While we are at it can we go ahead and be required to dance disco? Lame.
    But Izumo and I had found ways to make even this most dreadful duty fun. Warning passerby’s of an inner Konoha Mafia that killed people with bad haircuts, or that on the road there were rumors of a Monster that was preying on all who would leave the town and step on weeds. It was quite fun watching them leave hopping across the trail.
    However, tonight was different then usual. Few people had entered the gates. This was bizarre, as it is often that late at night people would hurry inside the gates of Konoha before night had advanced upon them and they became the trap for bandits or enemy ninja. Izumo and I exchanged glances. Izumo and I had worked together for a long time, so as little as a glance between us could tell novels, and, enemy spies wouldn’t be able to pick up a clue.
    I couldn’t name it but I felt it. I was confused, it was heavy, and it was burning. What was it? I was losing my focus, and I slowly felt my knees pressing into the ground, I was being pushed? No there wasn’t a hand on me. What was this force? Something was shoving me downward. Where was Izumo? I am unable to see. Something bright was in my left eye towards the path. Something was moving towards me. What, what was going on?
    It was in that instant a hand pulled me back to my feet. I knew the hand and who it belonged to and as quickly as it had fallen my world snapped back in place. Immense Chakra was burning through the land. It was powerful, a power I had not felt in 15 years. A power I had never thought I would feel again, it was one from a dream.
    When I was twelve Izumo and I snuck out. True, we were Chuunin by this time, but we had been told to stay away. We did, for a very short time. However something was occurring up the field. We sneaked there, and I realized that it was a power beyond recognition. The day the 4th died. The day the 9 tails visited Konoha. A cruel day. The magnitude of the beast which our eyes had merely glimpsed had sent us into powerful chills of terror, for years. It was also the day Izumo and I had lost our third teammate.
    I quickly refocused, understanding the precious value of every second. I turned to the hand that had grasped my shoulder to see what Genma thought and I could see he was, as always, calm. The senbon in his mouth was being twiddled. Over my shoulder Izumo was smiling. It helped comfort me knowing he was relaxed. I pulled myself together.
    “This is unbelievable,” the voice of Captain Raidou had appeared and I knew it wasn’t a mere dream, “it is beyond my senses.”
    “Did you warn the village?” Genma asked.
    “Yes, they are evacuating those who cannot help and garnering the forces that will be able to do anything. Still, this night is eerie, and truthfully I feel there is nothing we can do to stop this. Our forces are drained, at best, and we have very little in the means of great Shinobi. Jiraiya-Sama was the only one I could imagine fighting this strong of a power and he is…” his voice ended.
    I gazed upon the light I had seen earlier only to let out a slight gasp. It was
    a drenching purple charka so thick my eyes swelled with tears at the sight of it. It illuminated the forest and the night as if the sun itself were bursting
    through a new hue. I could sense the force moving slowly towards Konoha.
    Izumo smiled and began to recite incantation. He did this to “awaken” his Chakra and I can’t say it wasn’t a failing practice. I sighed – this was not what I had hoped for in something adventurous. This was far too deadly, and I could only imagine the damage this was going to bring upon Konoha. And yet, it still felt familiar. I know it was hard to believe but, it reminded me of, but how could it be?
    The head of the Beast burst through the forest and trees were brushed aside as one brushes away their hair. The sight alone was breathtaking and enough to bring a man to his knees in awe. However, we stood firm. The four of us that had gathered at Konoha’s gates knew nothing could be gained in trembling. We had, for the present, cast out our fears. It’s shape was hard to define. It’s charka so bright, I could not make it out. One could not look directly upon it.
    I felt other chakras around me begin to pour out but in comparison they seemed so meager. As ants come out of an ant hill, we had no power to subdue the giant beast that had come before us. Still, even the ant will bite. And so we will try. Other ninja had started arriving. I recognized many. All wore grave faces, the faces that accepted their fates. The beast approached, and I prayed.
    “Well if this is how it goes, then this is how it goes,” said Izumo simply. Easy-going guy, he gave us small increments of encouragement. Each man said their piece that would motivate them to do the impossible.
    “Today we die for Konoha,” Genma said.
    “Miracles happen,” Raidou replied.
    “Even the ant can be invincible when met with an army,” I mused. I started recognizing the force of Konoha had met at her walls to fight this monstrosity of power as it edged slowly to us. It took slow, methodological steps which was nothing typical of a beast.
    “Well Kakashi looks like we are in quite a stew,” I noticed Might Guy, Kakashi, and Iruka standing near.
    “It would seem so,” Kakashi coolly replied without an air of interest.
    And to my right I could decipher some of the younger Chuunins of Shikamaru, Hyuuga, and Inuzuka huddled close discussing a battle plan. It was all vain, but without it, I suppose man cannot approach the impossible. I pulled out a special summoning scroll of mine. I was typically one to save scrolls, but this didn’t seem like the situation to worry about efficiency. A poof of smoke dusted the air to conglomerate with several other clouds as animals and weapons were summoned across the gate and wall.
    In a way it was simple, to the eye and the uneducated it appeared merely as two spears. However, they were much more powerful then that. Hooked, they were designed to grapple an opponent to the ground in a spinning motion. True, I would not be grappling this behemoth of Chakra to the ground, but they dig in well, and can slice through near anything. They have a special signature design, which enables the opponents Chakra to channel and funnel back through the spear making the enemies own Chakra their weakness. Again, I wasn’t expecting much. But I was going to do what can be done.
    It had arrived. It stood close. No one was sure who should start the manslaughter that was sure to come or even how to. I tightened my bandage across my nose and looked to Izumo. He looked back, and we said goodbye to each other without a word spoken. I prepared my battle stance. But the air was not broken by the movement of Ninja or the strike of the demon, but by a scream from the Kage Castle. The ghoulish scream that pierces the air, and is never forgotten but rings in the heads of all who hear it, forever.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Balance of Dominance Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Balance of Dominance Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Balance of Dominance Empty Re: Balance of Dominance

Post by quater Sat Dec 20 2008, 00:25

Briex:
    Callback from a mission. That is myleast favorite line I can ever read in a report. Callback. All the work done,all the effort, all the accomplishments, useless. Callback. I recently receivedsuch a dreadful report. I was in the tip of Stone Village, far beyond the realm of normal ninja jutsu. It had taken me quite a long time, nearly two months, to start blending in and learning for the mission. Then with one half starved bird, callback. The mission was
    over. I was to return to Konoha immediately. Still, it must have been quite an event, to have called me back without littering a single hint or brief me on a singular reason, and jeopardizing the mission by flying a Konoha bird right into the postal station. Something dire had happened while I was away. The letter itself had been 5 days old when I received it. And I had walked through the gates of Konoha 4 days after that. I prided myself on always beating the bird that called me back. Whatever had struck Konoha, power and size were only part of its strength. The wall had been ripped open in parts, the gates almost entirely unhinged. Many houses lay in ruin. Still the gloom and somber faces I saw etched in every direction were probably just as moving. Konoha had been, crushed. Solemnly, wholly, and utterly, crushed.
    I needed to see who I knew survived before meeting with the Kage. Just as I was thinking this Naruto had walked by. “Naruto,” I called out to him. “Hey, it’s you,” he said, his face of depression had turned to a momentary
    excitement. “I haven’t seen you in a while, glad you are alright.”
    “Are you alright? The others?” I asked. His face became dark and I knew he boded bad news for at least one of my comrades. “The fifth, the fifth Hokage is dead,” he said, stumbling over the words as if he was shocked to hear them himself. “Included with her, Shizune and…” his voice trailed off, “Sai’s body was undiscoverable.”
    It was shocking to think of these people as dead. They had been commonplace to me, now they were forever distant. “What happened here Naruto?” I asked.
    “I wasn’t here, I am not sure,” he answered. “They say, something attacked them that could only be described, as a Bijuu.”
    “Is that possible?” I asked. A mystery was forming.
    “No. I wasn’t here. Every other Bijuu had been taken by the Akatsuki,” he muddled. He was losing interest quickly. “It’s just what people had been saying.”
    “Well thanks for telling me Naruto, we’ll have to do Ramen before my next mission, what do you say?” I could tell he was fading and so I needed to exit before things regressed uncomfortably.
    “Of course! Good to see you really. Good luck,” he bounced away, heading to Sakura whose shadow was resting along with her on a wall. Apparently
    she didn’t want to see me. I continued on my path up to the Kage castle. The glass frame was missing, and the appearance of a scuffle was obvious here. Even after 9 days. Whatever battle had taken place, it must have been tremendous. Up the stairs I went but it wasn’t till I reached the top and looked back out over the balcony that I realized the true impact that had been seen that night. Devastation and destruction were in every corner of Konoha. I was speechless, unmoving for a moment as my grief had gripped me.
    I pulled open the door. I wasn’t sure if I was even supposed to be here, but considering I was called back this is where I normally headed. At the desk where the Kage usually sat Kakashi was lazily lounging, listening to two old coons swagger about the state of affairs. They looked at me as I walked forward and quickly excused themselves. That was how I always remembered them. Behinds quickly scuttling out the door. To important to mention anything among common folk. “I have returned from my mission,” I said.
    “Yep. Well as you have surely gathered, Konoha seems to have been attacked by some unknown Bijuu. 5th Hokage among many others was killed in combat. The funeral was two days ago.” Kakashi said.
    “Any of my…” I began.
    “No, your family is safe,” Kakashi quickly answered as I felt relief. “I
    have been named acting Kage till another candidate is picked. It is likely, a permanent occupation with the Sennin dead. I have another mission for you. I know it’s sudden, but it requires urgency, I’d like it if you could move on it by tomorrow. After you check in with family and friends.”
    “Of course, I will get to work on it immediately,” I said. In a way that was the last thing I wanted, I had already missed out on what happened to Konoha and now I wouldn’t even be able to help in the reparations. I’d be a stranger to this piece of Leaf Village History.
    “Good. You are an amazing tracker; you would be suited for this mission. Keep the codename from your last mission Briex, it is unlikely anyone from the tip of Stone will be in the valleys and marshes you are headed too,” Kakashi said. So I was still Briex. No, it was not my name. Yet, it was my identity for the time being. “You are going to be following leads on two people who sources say may be a threat. I don’t believe they performed the acts of ten days ago. But I do believe that they may know who did.”
    “So this mission is of immense importance for Konoha’s exacting revenge?” I asked. Kakashi nodded. “Then I will do it to my best.”
    I turned and walked out the door, but Kakashi had one last thing to say. “Be careful, you saw what they were able to pull off in Konoha, they will kill you.”
    An unlucky callback. Couldn’t have been a worse one. Still this mission is perfect. My time to shine. And show Konoha what I am capable of. I will kill them.

Blih. It's no smear it splendid. But hear is chapter 1....Rate? Advice? Etc.
    Little_Shiro
    Little_Shiro
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 6492
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Balance of Dominance Left_bar_bleue93 / 10093 / 100Balance of Dominance Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-18

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power:
    Instinct: 0

Post by Little_Shiro Sat Dec 20 2008, 00:32

Thats Q for ya , making freakishly long stories
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Dec 20 2008, 00:33

Chapter 2 was longer.

I enjoyed that rating there Little Shiro *Feeds him to my Kisame shark avatar*
    Little_Shiro
    Little_Shiro
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Balance of Dominance Left_bar_bleue93 / 10093 / 100Balance of Dominance Right_bar_bleue

AMP
    Power:

Post by Little_Shiro Sat Dec 20 2008, 00:35

u alaready noticed that i put that up 2 min ago O__O
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Dec 20 2008, 00:37

I am that good. I am used to really fast replying. It's not my fault WOTN is a little slow.
    Little_Shiro
    Little_Shiro
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by Little_Shiro Sat Dec 20 2008, 00:39

quater wrote:I am that good. I am used to really fast replying. It's not my fault WOTN is a little slow.
    my laptops slow >_>
    Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    Balance of Dominance LjBalance of Dominance Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Happiness bar :
    Balance of Dominance Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Balance of Dominance Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

Post by Angelic Harmony Sat Dec 20 2008, 11:11

Whoa...That is CRAZY good Onii-chan!!!
    Always-Abby
    Always-Abby
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 10519
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-08-10

AMP
    Natural: 63
    Power: 63
    Instinct: 64

Post by Always-Abby Sat Dec 20 2008, 11:21

YOU PUT IT UP :DDDDD
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sat Dec 20 2008, 15:30

Oh my gosh! I forgot I put it up last night....Why did I do that again?

Er, thanks Charm, but not really. I think Chapter 2 is better, at least grammar wise?
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Wed Dec 24 2008, 19:18

Wow...1 person that hadn't already read it "read" it.

I was going to put up chapter 2.
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Happiness bar :
    Balance of Dominance Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Balance of Dominance Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP
    Power: 0

Post by theBOSS. Wed Dec 24 2008, 19:26

PUT IT UP!
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Wed Dec 24 2008, 19:29

But I think there is a new bleach out.

I'll go watch that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content