WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Sasori Kung fu masta
PeinQAkatsuki
seshimazi
spyke543
quater
Titaniumxvx
amaterasu
11 posters

Wondering Why

amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Wondering Why Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Wondering Why Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Wondering Why Empty Wondering Why

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 11 2008, 21:49

Okay this bugs me a lot.

I'm wondering why people do a couple things.

1. when you say your a homophobic they suddenly thing your a bias against Gays and how your not giving them a chance, obviously they act hypocritical while saying their reasons which lead my to point 2

2. Why people are afraid to admit defeat? You lost, just say so, some people like Quater and I aren't afraid, I actually admit my mistakes almost everyday. Apparently pride is so important that you lose reason and the fact of being wrong is so big that you run away of a simple, your right and moving on and making it into a situation far worse.

3. Why people give up during the storms of this life. When one little thing goes bad like maybe your parents are fighting or a friend or family member died, suddenly there is no hope and everything falls apart. I know what it is like to lose a family member and what it's like to lose a best friend, hope is always there, and ever night you cry yourself to sleep, God is with you, it's happened to me, and it annoys me to see people giving up then complaining about the truth and the hope and disregarding help. It's like their saying I am in this bad situation and want help but i'll ignore the help people are giving me. it makes me want to slap them.

4. When people make a groundless statement about something else. Like the bible, saying how it contains contradictions or it's not true and stuff but they have never read it, it doens't make sense to me, their questions are answered with bible quote and they refuse to listen, they are snakes!
    Hypocrites, They say they want to know, but if they truly did, they wuld have read it themselves. Also #2 might also be a reason for them, stupid Pride

5. 7 deadly sins, and mixed up truths. Okay i do not know why people think of the 7 deadly sins, I do not recall anywhere Jesus saying 7 deadly sins, But I do recall him saying all sins are equal except for sexual sin because it damages the bady as well. If people want to know something from the bible, read Jesus' teachings, it should answer your questions.

6. Why people worry. I see no point in it,

7. Why People believe Global Warming and all the other news we hear on TV without proof. Most people blindly believe we are killing ourselves with CO2 emissions

8. why people think theories are true and that we know something about science. Our knowledge is so small that I could fit it in my pockets.

9. Why people are overly patriotic about America, it seems to me that americans are saying, your great if your from and or living in america

I do have a lot more but that will be saved for another time. So could people help me out?
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 21997
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Wondering Why Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Wondering Why Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 5
    Power:
    Instinct: 5

Wondering Why Empty Re: Wondering Why

Post by Titaniumxvx Thu Sep 11 2008, 21:55

amaterasu wrote:Okay this bugs me a lot.

1. when you say your a homophobic they suddenly thing your a bias against Gays and how your not giving them a chance, obviously they act hypocritical while saying their reasons which lead my to point 2

2. Why people are afraid to admit defeat? You lost, just say so, some people like Quater and I aren't afraid, I actually admit my mistakes almost everyday. Apparently pride is so important that you lose reason and the fact of being wrong is so big that you run away of a simple, your right and moving on and making it into a situation far worse.

3. Why people give up during the storms of this life. When one little thing goes bad like maybe your parents are fighting or a friend or family member died, suddenly there is no hope and everything falls apart. I know what it is like to lose a family member and what it's like to lose a best friend, hope is always there, and ever night you cry yourself to sleep, God is with you, it's happened to me, and it annoys me to see people giving up then complaining about the truth and the hope and disregarding help. It's like their saying I am in this bad situation and want help but i'll ignore the help people are giving me. it makes me want to slap them.

4. When people make a groundless statement about something else. Like the bible, saying how it contains contradictions or it's not true and stuff but they have never read it, it doens't make sense to me, their questions are answered with bible quote and they refuse to listen, they are snakes!
    Hypocrites, They say they want to know, but if they truly did, they wuld have read it themselves. Also #2 might also be a reason for them, stupid Pride

5. 7 deadly sins, and mixed up truths. Okay i do not know why people think of the 7 deadly sins, I do not recall anywhere Jesus saying 7 deadly sins, But I do recall him saying all sins are equal except for sexual sin because it damages the bady as well. If people want to know something from the bible, read Jesus' teachings, it should answer your questions.

7. Why People believe Global Warming and all the other news we hear on TV without proof. Most people blindly believe we are killing ourselves with CO2 emissions

8. why people think theories are true and that we know something about science. Our knowledge is so small that I could fit it in my pockets.

9. Why people are overly patriotic about America, it seems to me that americans are saying, your great if your from and or living in america

I do have a lot more but that will be saved for another time. So could people help me out?

My, I must say you wonder about a good number of things..

1. Homophobic is a strong word. Can't you say, I don't persecute them but I don't believe in the lifestyle that they lead?

It's almost implying that you're scared of them. That they are people who make you recoil in your seat.

2. I agree with you, 100%. Drop the point when it's obvious, completely obvious, that you have lost. If you don't, it will bite you and make you look like a fool in the long run when it's proven that you are wrong.

9. What's wrong with patriotism, Amaterasu? Should we be ashamed or deflated at our past? So many great and epic contributions out number the failures so we have a reason to feel such great joy to live where we do, a land of free and just opportunity.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    Wondering Why Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Wondering Why Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Thu Sep 11 2008, 21:56

I disagree with two accounts. We know so much about science we can fill all of New York City with papers on it in 12 space font. To me that is more then "In your pocket".

Also, I see nothing wrong in loving the country your from whether it's America or not. And I happen to like America. Want to know why? Because to me it's the best nation on Earth? Why? Because it was founded in Liberty, God, and economic prosperity and was one of the original free countries on this Earth and has done more good for Mankind then a lot of Nations, ranging from World War 2 and World War 1 to the end of the Cold War to feeding half of the Worlds poor. Sure, America does somethings that aren't great. Fantastic I was under the impression America was perfect really glad you cleared that up. But, America has also done a lot and I do mean a lot of good.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:04

Titaniumxvx wrote:

1. Homophobic is a strong word. Can't you say, I don't persecute them but I don't believe in the lifestyle that they lead?

It's almost implying that you're scared of them. That they are people who make you recoil in your seat.

2. I agree with you, 100%. Drop the point when it's obvious, completely obvious, that you have lost. If you don't, it will bite you and make you look like a fool in the long run when it's proven that you are wrong.

9. What's wrong with patriotism, Amaterasu? Should we be ashamed or deflated at our past? So many great and epic contributions out number the failures so we have a reason to feel such great joy to live where we do, a land of free and just opportunity.

1. I suffer from homophobia, whenever I know of a gay person i involuntary tense up, I am scared of gays, I can't help it.

9. I just don't understand patriotism, especially the fanatic countries in that regard like the states because God doesn't distinguish between nationality, and it is almost like some people praise their country more than they praise God.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:07

quater wrote:I disagree with two accounts. We know so much about science we can fill all of New York City with papers on it in 12 space font. To me that is more then "In your pocket".

Also, I see nothing wrong in loving the country your from whether it's America or not. And I happen to like America. Want to know why? Because to me it's the best nation on Earth? Why? Because it was founded in Liberty, God, and economic prosperity and was one of the original free countries on this Earth and has done more good for Mankind then a lot of Nations, ranging from World War 2 and World War 1 to the end of the Cold War to feeding half of the Worlds poor. Sure, America does somethings that aren't great. Fantastic I was under the impression America was perfect really glad you cleared that up. But, America has also done a lot and I do mean a lot of good.

okay, well actually I can surprisingly fit a lot into my pockets, phone book, dictionary, water bottle and notebooks, shoes, I gots skills in that area (i'm not kidding either)
    well maybe it's because i'm Canadian or because I gave that all to God or maybe its that the ways of the states are foeign to me, whaterever way it may be I just don't see the point
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:08

There's nothing wrong in loving your country amaterasu. Just because YOU Don't understand it doesn't mean the rest of us don't.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:10

quater wrote:There's nothing wrong in loving your country amaterasu. Just because YOU Don't understand it doesn't mean the rest of us don't.

but isn't a country just land and water?
    agh, it doesn't make sense, not to me, maybe i'm just crazy, i'll go live in the deserts of Israel maybe like John the baptist
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by Titaniumxvx Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:13

amaterasu wrote:
    Titaniumxvx wrote:

1. I suffer from homophobia, whenever I know of a gay person i involuntary tense up, I am scared of gays, I can't help it.

9. I just don't understand patriotism, especially the fanatic countries in that regard like the states because God doesn't distinguish between nationality, and it is almost like some people praise their country more than they praise God.

1. I'm don't condemn you. As long as you don't give them bible verses or harrass them. You can have any set of beliefs that you'd like

9. In the US, State and religion are held at two different sectors. NEVER interconnected. You follow and give praise to religion in the privacy of you home or praying place.

That should not get confused with people forgetting people to praise their country.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:14

Okay. Cause, I am sure that does a lot to get people to Christ. Whatever floats your boat.

Anywho.

No a country is much more then land and water. And I am not really going to explain that to you

Titan you can Praise God in Public if you want too.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:19

Titaniumxvx wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    Titaniumxvx wrote:

1. I'm don't condemn you. As long as you don't give them bible verses or harrass them. You can have any set of beliefs that you'd like

9. In the US, State and religion are held at two different sectors. NEVER interconnected. You follow and give praise to religion in the privacy of you home or praying place.

That should not get confused with people forgetting people to praise their country.

1. okay, well only if they say it's right, then i'll tell them my opinion and back it up if I have to

9. The little voice in my head tells me differently, so i'm really confused, it tells me that God don't want someone to praise God's creation as the case with a country instead of worshiping him, so i'm going to listen to this little voice in my head, it has never lied or led me wrong before.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:19

quater wrote:Okay. Cause, I am sure that does a lot to get people to Christ. Whatever floats your boat.

Anywho.

No a country is much more then land and water. And I am not really going to explain that to you

Titan you can Praise God in Public if you want too.

wait, who is this directed to?
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Power:

Post by Titaniumxvx Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:22

Us Both, Amaterasu.

I guess you could to the anonymous US public but religion would not hold that mass together. Love of state would.

So that is why I relate to religion to home and sites of worship
    spyke543
    spyke543
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 1773
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-06-19

AMP
    Natural: 224
    Power: 352
    Instinct: 301

Post by spyke543 Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:24

Nice thread. No sarcasm.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:31

Here all I got to say is this Amaterasu.

There are millions and millions of better things to worry about then American Pride in their nation. Millions. How about we worry about whether it is useful after we have ended A) World Hunger B) Brought the whole world to Christ C) The World has seen the End of War and Evil Deeds and the many many many worse problems of the world
    seshimazi
    seshimazi
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5301
    Fanclubs : Neji & Kiba,Shikamaru,Wotn brigade,Veteran princes,
    Happiness bar :
    Wondering Why Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Wondering Why Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-22

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 32
    Instinct: 34

Post by seshimazi Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:33

quater wrote:Here all I got to say is this Amaterasu.

There are millions and millions of better things to worry about then American Pride in their nation. Millions. How about we worry about whether it is useful after we have ended A) World Hunger B) Brought the whole world to Christ C) The World has seen the End of War and Evil Deeds and the many many many worse problems of the world
    I agree
    Oh Yeah!
    but "B" will Never Happen
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Thu Sep 11 2008, 22:35

seshimazi wrote:

I agree
    Oh Yeah!
    but "B" will Never Happen

Personally all three will never happen but they are much more worthy things to spend our time on then worrying about National Pride. As long as that pride doesn't lead to racism, which it doesn't, who cares?
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27316
    What's up Tab : Homie Purp && Homie Blue: Ghetto since 2009
    Wondering Why Ightning
    PeinQ & ThiCup: Non-photogenic buddies~ :D
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-01-25

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power:
    Instinct: 2

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Thu Sep 11 2008, 23:09

1. If you're afraid of gays, then that's pretty crazy. If you're against their beliefs, then whatever, I can't stop that. But to be afraid of them is overkill.
    2. I can admit that I lost. I don't like to, I'm like Mello in that respect. I hate being second best, and I always have to be number one in the stuff I compete in. It's not healthy I know, but that's the truth.
    3. I can't answer that. I'm the only one of my town that really hasn't given up the fight against life. -shrugs- I've gotten used to the weird looks.
    4. I can admit that I'm a hypocrite, every human being is. Don't try telling me any different because at some point in your life, you have been a hypocrite.
    5. The 7 Deadly Sins are for people who believe in that kind of stuff. I, however, sometimes still wonder where those came up. (I'm accused of sloth a lot)
    6. You always have stuff to worry about. If you lived the life that I do, then you would be head over heels in worry.
    7. Global warming is happening. Get over it. There's nothing we can do to reverse it. Ever wondered why there was a hole in the ozone? Yeah, that's our fault.
    8. Yep, humans are walking oxymorons. We're stupid geniuses.
    9. I don't like America's beliefs that much. Our current president is the tyrant of all tyrants, and I have nothing more to say on that statement.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Fri Sep 12 2008, 16:50

okay, your right, if i'm never going to understand anyway, why was my time on it?
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Fri Sep 12 2008, 16:54

PeinQAkatsuki wrote:

1. If you're afraid of gays, then that's pretty crazy. If you're against their beliefs, then whatever, I can't stop that. But to be afraid of them is overkill.
    2. I can admit that I lost. I don't like to, I'm like Mello in that respect. I hate being second best, and I always have to be number one in the stuff I compete in. It's not healthy I know, but that's the truth.
    3. I can't answer that. I'm the only one of my town that really hasn't given up the fight against life. -shrugs- I've gotten used to the weird looks.
    4. I can admit that I'm a hypocrite, every human being is. Don't try telling me any different because at some point in your life, you have been a hypocrite.
    5. The 7 Deadly Sins are for people who believe in that kind of stuff. I, however, sometimes still wonder where those came up. (I'm accused of sloth a lot)
    6. You always have stuff to worry about. If you lived the life that I do, then you would be head over heels in worry.
    7. Global warming is happening. Get over it. There's nothing we can do to reverse it. Ever wondered why there was a hole in the ozone? Yeah, that's our fault.
    9. I don't like America's beliefs that much. Our current president is the tyrant of all tyrants, and I have nothing more to say on that statement.

1. that is what i'm talking about, biased response to a fear that I have, you wouldn't say that to someone who is afraid of spiders
    4. Everyone has done hypocritical things, I know that, but it is not human nature to be hypocritical
    7. Prove to me that there is a hole in our ozone, We know more about the moon then we do about Global Warming.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 37077
    What's up Tab : Wondering Why ThMori-Sempai
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru, n00b controll squad, Deidara,
    Happiness bar :

AMP
    Natural: 16
    Power: 16
    Instinct: 16

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Fri Sep 12 2008, 17:11

I was too lazy to read everyone elses post, but heres what I think.

I'm getting really agrivated seeing a ton of these threads pop up lately, why not just use already made threads?
    I mean really, this could have perfectly fitted in the "General Debate Thread" (Also created by Ama)

Also Ama, I dont really think you should use God in everything you say, because honestly I find it annoying.
    Sure, in all thats good and bright I believe. But I feel
    Like you're trying to preach to us with everything you say,
    and I find it peevish when people shove religion down someones throat. Sure you can relate it to everday things and all, but it's over used.

I don;t care if you argue with me on it, because it's my opinion, and I know someones going to tell me I'm wrong.

Go ahead, but it's just an opinion, and I am entitled to it, as you are entitled to yours.
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Fri Sep 12 2008, 17:17

seriously.
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27316
    What's up Tab : Homie Purp && Homie Blue: Ghetto since 2009
    Wondering Why Ightning
    PeinQ & ThiCup: Non-photogenic buddies~ :D
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-01-25

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power:
    Instinct: 2

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Fri Sep 12 2008, 21:11

amaterasu wrote:
    PeinQAkatsuki wrote:

1. that is what i'm talking about, biased response to a fear that I have, you wouldn't say that to someone who is afraid of spiders
    4. Everyone has done hypocritical things, I know that, but it is not human nature to be hypocritical
    7. Prove to me that there is a hole in our ozone, We know more about the moon then we do about Global Warming.
    1. I'm afraid of spiders. If you're afraid of gay people, then whatever. i can't stop you.
    4. Whatever you think.
    7. Look it up. I'm serious.
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Happiness bar :
    Wondering Why Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Wondering Why Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Fri Sep 12 2008, 21:47

I don't understand why people DON'T believe in global warming. but that's for another topic.

1. you're probably right
    3. man, if I could explain that in one sentence, I would be better in math.
    9. true :P

there might be more...just don't feel like typing it all now
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Fri Sep 12 2008, 21:48

Um, a lot of people don't believe in Global Warming because it's NOT Happening? That's why I don't.
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Happiness bar :
    Wondering Why Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Wondering Why Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Fri Sep 12 2008, 21:50

well, gee. I think it is.