WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Dancing Mist
knssquad
AtaruSabrMaster
Angelic Harmony
3.2.1.0.84.NG!
Shugo
theBOSS.
Sasori Kung fu masta
12 posters

Teach me.

knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 3

Teach me. - Page 2 Empty Re: Teach me.

Post by knssquad Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:22

Sasori Kung fu masta wrote:
    knssquad wrote:
    knssquad wrote:
    Angelic Harmony wrote:
    death-chan wrote:sankqoo.

and yeah, it's not because i'm trying to discredit the bible or anything, i'm a believer.

but if God only created Adam and Eve, and they had 3 sons (I think that's right) where did all the other people in the future come from?

Wouldn't that mean that we are all REALLY brother and sisters. So some would be having sex with a brother or sister.

Shit, i wnder that too!

Uh In a way, we are all incestual? Dazed

o_____o That's.... very scary.

Sori, you're in lub with your brother? D:

Despair I would totally die if I was related to Des.

Ewww!! DX
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 37077
    What's up Tab : Teach me. - Page 2 ThMori-Sempai
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru, n00b controll squad, Deidara,
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 16
    Power: 16
    Instinct: 16

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:23

knssquad wrote:
    knssquad wrote:
    knssquad wrote:
    Angelic Harmony wrote:

and yeah, it's not because i'm trying to discredit the bible or anything, i'm a believer.

but if God only created Adam and Eve, and they had 3 sons (I think that's right) where did all the other people in the future come from?

Wouldn't that mean that we are all REALLY brother and sisters. So some would be having sex with a brother or sister.

Shit, i wnder that too!

o_____o That's.... very scary.

Sori, you're in lub with your brother? D:

Despair I would totally die if I was related to Des.

Ewww!! DX

Did you just have a dirty thought?
    Because I was refurring to the fact that I dunno if I could stop loving him D:
    Dancing Mist
    Dancing Mist
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 12463
    What's up Tab : Back
    Fanclubs : none
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-10-03

AMP
    Natural: 63
    Power: 81
    Instinct: 72

Post by Dancing Mist Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:23

I have an answer for number 3 and deaths question.
    3.2.1.0.84.NG!
    3.2.1.0.84.NG!
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 13153
    What's up Tab : Jayme + Nikki = AMAZING AWESOMENESS!!
    Teach me. - Page 2 004
    Fanclubs : Pretty Boys' FC, Jesus Freaks Disciples' Club
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue85 / 10085 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-24

AMP
    Natural: 43
    Power: 43
    Instinct: 43

Post by 3.2.1.0.84.NG! Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:24

wat? i'm being truthful. if that theory is true, then Hyde is technically related to you.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:25

Dancing Mist wrote:I have an answer for number 3 and deaths question.

.... Well are ya gonna answer it?
    AtaruSabrMaster
    AtaruSabrMaster
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 6499
    What's up Tab : Doing stuff...you know...\"stuff\"
    Fanclubs : Neji & Kiba FC, WOTN Brigade
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-28

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by AtaruSabrMaster Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:25

knssquad wrote:
    AtaruSabrMaster wrote:
    knssquad wrote:
    Angelic Harmony wrote:

Shit, i wnder that too!

O_O if thats true...im keepin meh pants on XD

XD

ummm...im serious Hehehe...
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 42289
    What's up Tab : yowza.
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-08

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:26

Well for #3 it was a whole bunch of people that made up the bible, like David for Psalms and Solomon for Song of Songs or something like that.

They were called the Dead Sea Scrolls and a shepherd discovered them and sold 'em to the pros and got a lot of money and blahblahblah.

Or that's what I think happened.
    AtaruSabrMaster
    AtaruSabrMaster
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by AtaruSabrMaster Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:27

i hav a book called the dead sea scrolls
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:28

Sasori Kung fu masta wrote:Alright someone help me out.

I've begun to question the Bible rescently on three things, and I'd just like an explination.

Number one.
    Hell.
    If God was forgiving of his people and always gave a chance of seeking Him, why would he create a place like Hell for people to burn for all eternity with no hope? I understand people think that some deserve to burn and suffer.. but why would a loveing and forgiving God send his people to a place like that? I also want to know if you sin and dont ask for forgiveness, will you go to hell? Like if I stole a cookie from the cookie jar would I go to Hell if I didnt say sorry and admit to my sin?

Number two.
    Homosexuality.
    This seems to be a loved debate topic here.. So i'll make the question breife. If being homosexual is against the Bible, does that mean God doesn't love homos? And I also dont understand why it's wrong in the first place.. were all people, why does it matter? I also want to know why its so disgusting.. because A girl and guy couple can do anything a Gay/Lesbian couple could. and there is no doubt in my mind that they do. I think it should be equally disgusting.

Number three.
    Who even made the Bible to begin with? It's just somethign I kinda wondered.. was it Jesus or a witness? Or someone else?

A question inspired by Death-Chan:
    "if God only created Adam and Eve, and they had 3 sons (I think that's right) where did all the other people in the future come from?"

I'm sorry if my questions offend anyone or seem stupid. I'm just honestly curious with no intention of making harm to the good folk of wotn.

and I'd also like good explinations, if you will. Not three worded answers.

on hell think of it this way, how could a loving God keep those in his presence who don't want to be in his presence. Hell isn't a place for bad people and heaven isn't a place for good people, Hell is a place for those who don't want God since Hell is where God's presence is not. Heaven is for those who give their life to God. It is really choice and hell is simply a term to say not in God's presences which is the most horrible thing ever since God is good, and in him there is no evil so in hell there is no good but only evil.

Homosexuality. A big thing on that one. In leviticus is says it's wrong but the old testament is a guidline to keep Jewish people alive till the messiah (Jesus) comes, he did and so the old testament's rules are fulfilled. In romans 1 and in 1 corinthians somewhere it stats that homosexuality and sexual immorality is evil. It makes sense to me anyway since a man and woman reproduce not a man and man nor woman and woman otherwise it would have been adam and adam or eve and eve. Also homosexuality spreads diseases far better then heterosexuality. BUt read ROmans 1 and1 corinthians for more understanding

The bible is written by 40 indivinduals over a 1800 year span, each was influenced by God and so wrote his words. The original authors are lost to history, but none of them contradict each others' writtings.

Adam and Eve were the first humans created by God, it doesn't mean they were the only ones, since it did state that after they were banished from the garden they went into town, God created other humans but after Adam and Eve, because they were the first.

Also Jesus wasn't born on December 25th since that would be the rainy season in Israel and during the rainy season shepherds don't herd sheep since they can't light fires to scare off wild animals. So Jesus wsa born in teh summer months
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:28

AtaruSabrMaster wrote:i hav a book called the dead sea scrolls

Whatsit about?
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:28

LAWL
    AtaruSabrMaster
    AtaruSabrMaster
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by AtaruSabrMaster Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:30

Whatsit about?

no idea...im too lazy to look for it right now
    Dancing Mist
    Dancing Mist
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Dancing Mist Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:30

Yeah sorry had to to something >.>

A whole bunch of people wrote it. God told them what to write down. They copied it and if there was a small mistake the had to throw the whole scroll away.

Yes they did marry their brother and sisters....oh and also...the people came from noahs sons remember the flood but they are related to adam and eve
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:32

wow

dancing mists answers and amaterasu's answers are totally different o_o
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:32

amaterasu wrote:

I've begun to question the Bible rescently on three things, and I'd just like an explination.

Number one.
    Hell.
    If God was forgiving of his people and always gave a chance of seeking Him, why would he create a place like Hell for people to burn for all eternity with no hope? I understand people think that some deserve to burn and suffer.. but why would a loveing and forgiving God send his people to a place like that? I also want to know if you sin and dont ask for forgiveness, will you go to hell? Like if I stole a cookie from the cookie jar would I go to Hell if I didnt say sorry and admit to my sin?

Number two.
    Homosexuality.
    This seems to be a loved debate topic here.. So i'll make the question breife. If being homosexual is against the Bible, does that mean God doesn't love homos? And I also dont understand why it's wrong in the first place.. were all people, why does it matter? I also want to know why its so disgusting.. because A girl and guy couple can do anything a Gay/Lesbian couple could. and there is no doubt in my mind that they do. I think it should be equally disgusting.

Number three.
    Who even made the Bible to begin with? It's just somethign I kinda wondered.. was it Jesus or a witness? Or someone else?

"if God only created Adam and Eve, and they had 3 sons (I think that's right) where did all the other people in the future come from?"

I'm sorry if my questions offend anyone or seem stupid. I'm just honestly curious with no intention of making harm to the good folk of wotn.

on hell think of it this way, how could a loving God keep those in his presence who don't want to be in his presence. Hell isn't a place for bad people and heaven isn't a place for good people, Hell is a place for those who don't want God since Hell is where God's presence is not. Heaven is for those who give their life to God. It is really choice and hell is simply a term to say not in God's presences which is the most horrible thing ever since God is good, and in him there is no evil so in hell there is no good but only evil.

Homosexuality. A big thing on that one. In leviticus is says it's wrong but the old testament is a guidline to keep Jewish people alive till the messiah (Jesus) comes, he did and so the old testament's rules are fulfilled. In romans 1 and in 1 corinthians somewhere it stats that homosexuality and sexual immorality is evil. It makes sense to me anyway since a man and woman reproduce not a man and man nor woman and woman otherwise it would have been adam and adam or eve and eve. Also homosexuality spreads diseases far better then heterosexuality. BUt read ROmans 1 and1 corinthians for more understanding

The bible is written by 40 indivinduals over a 1800 year span, each was influenced by God and so wrote his words. The original authors are lost to history, but none of them contradict each others' writtings.

Adam and Eve were the first humans created by God, it doesn't mean they were the only ones, since it did state that after they were banished from the garden they went into town, God created other humans but after Adam and Eve, because they were the first.

Also Jesus wasn't born on December 25th since that would be the rainy season in Israel and during the rainy season shepherds don't herd sheep since they can't light fires to scare off wild animals. So Jesus wsa born in teh summer months

Thanks so much Ama.
    It makes slight more sense now.

But I'm still a little off on the Homo part..

And Yeah. Jesus was actually born.. probably within the month of August.
    Atleast thats what my history teacher said to us.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:34

Dancing Mist wrote:

A whole bunch of people wrote it. God told them what to write down. They copied it and if there was a small mistake the had to throw the whole scroll away.

Yes they did marry their brother and sisters....oh and also...the people came from noahs sons remember the flood but they are related to adam and eve

I didnt understand much of that. >__o

And.. ew beyond all beliefe.
    I'm going to believe Ama's answer on that.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:35

Dancing Mist wrote:

Noah's flood didn't cover the entired world but it covered the entire world of teh palistine/Israel

since people elsewhere survived, also Noah's son's had their wifes or girlfriends with them so not everyone could be desended from them even if they were the only ones in the entire world whjo survived
    PeinQAkatsuki
    PeinQAkatsuki
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 27316
    What's up Tab : Homie Purp && Homie Blue: Ghetto since 2009
    Teach me. - Page 2 Ightning
    PeinQ & ThiCup: Non-photogenic buddies~ :D
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC, Kabuto FC, Jesus Freaks club, FMA FC, Tobi FC, Soul Eater FC :D, Death Note FC :D
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-01-25

AMP
    Natural: 2
    Power:
    Instinct: 2

Post by PeinQAkatsuki Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:37

Number one.
    Hell.

Number two.
    Homosexuality.

Number three.

I think I can answer question number three by Death. I think that not everyone comes from Adam and Eve. All of the native american people have their own creation stories, and I think that they're as probable as the Christian one. And other peoples probably have their own creation stories as well. So not everyone comes from Adam and Eve I think.
    Dancing Mist
    Dancing Mist
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Dancing Mist Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:38

amaterasu wrote:
    Dancing Mist wrote:

Noah's flood didn't cover the entired world but it covered the entire world of teh palistine/Israel

since people elsewhere survived, also Noah's son's had their wifes or girlfriends with them so not everyone could be desended from them even if they were the only ones in the entire world whjo survived
    Ah...ama....
    Nevermind I want agrue....
    You believe what you want about these things.
    Just has long has we believe in the grace of Jesus christ.
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP

Post by knssquad Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:39

amaterasu wrote:
    Dancing Mist wrote:

no ama, there is evidence that in many major cultures throughout the world, they indicate an immense flood around the same time

I think God told others around the world like Noah to build a boat as well
    theBOSS.
    theBOSS.
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by theBOSS. Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:43

Dancing Mist wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    Dancing Mist wrote:

Ah...ama....
    Uhm,
    I would want to know that if I got married, it's not with my uber distant brother.
    Aichu
    Aichu
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 3180
    What's up Tab : The sky, apparently.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Teach me. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue99 / 10099 / 100Teach me. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-15

AMP
    Power: 3

Post by Aichu Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:44

1. Hell is a place created to punish us for our sins. Evil comes of evil things. God offers us a chance to save us from Hell- all we have to do is respond to his grace.

2. Homosexuality was introduced by God in a time when his people wouldn't quit sinning. In his anger he gave them new sins. Homosexuality is, in the bible, a sin (read Roman's 2. Or maybe 1, I forget). However, it doesn't mean God does not love homosexuals. Sin is sin, there's no one sin greater than another. It kind of bugs me when people in church write of homosexuality as blasphemeous behavior, then turn around and support divorce. They are both sins. But God loves us all, which is why he is really sad when we turn away from him.

3. The bible is the word of God inspired by man written by the hands of various men. (no women writers in the bible- sorry).

4. Adam and eve had other children. They would have procreated with one another, so yes, there was incest at first. But back then the genetic gene pool was clean. In fact, incest wasn't decreed a sin until later on in the bible.

If you have any other questions about the bible, sasori, you can pm me about it.
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Sasori Kung fu masta
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sasori Kung fu masta Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:51

Aichu wrote:1. Hell is a place created to punish us for our sins. Evil comes of evil things. God offers us a chance to save us from Hell- all we have to do is respond to his grace.

2. Homosexuality was introduced by God in a time when his people wouldn't quit sinning. In his anger he gave them new sins. Homosexuality is, in the bible, a sin (read Roman's 2. Or maybe 1, I forget). However, it doesn't mean God does not love homosexuals. Sin is sin, there's no one sin greater than another. It kind of bugs me when people in church write of homosexuality as blasphemeous behavior, then turn around and support divorce. They are both sins. But God loves us all, which is why he is really sad when we turn away from him.

3. The bible is the word of God inspired by man written by the hands of various men. (no women writers in the bible- sorry).

4. Adam and eve had other children. They would have procreated with one another, so yes, there was incest at first. But back then the genetic gene pool was clean. In fact, incest wasn't decreed a sin until later on in the bible.

If you have any other questions about the bible, sasori, you can pm me about it.

Thanks.
    ^_^
    Dancing Mist
    Dancing Mist
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Dancing Mist Sun Aug 24 2008, 20:52

death-chan wrote:
    Dancing Mist wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    Dancing Mist wrote:

Ah...ama....
    Uhm,
    I would want to know that if I got married, it's not with my uber distant brother.
    Welll thats what i was taught...they formed different families when they did...
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Sun Aug 24 2008, 21:53

Aichu I agre with you on everything except.

Ruth wrote a book of the Bible.

And she is a woman.

Other then that Aichu is dead on the money.

I agree with Aichu's answer wholeheartedly! ^_^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 06:39