WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+22
Aichu
Shugo
Gaara of the Sand
happyangel
_Crissi_
Shinobi's Redemption
Hiro
BlueHarmony
amaterasu
UchihaAyame
Laura-Chan
Dancing Mist
TheFirstKnight
KatannaSan
Titaniumxvx
quater
theBOSS.
Banouin
neon kun
knssquad
Kagamiko
Alkura_Maneke
26 posters

Has this ever happened to you?

UchihaAyame
    UchihaAyame
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 725
    What's up Tab : I'm reading manga. Come on over and read with me!
    Fanclubs : Deidara FC,Tobi FC
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-19

AMP
    Natural: 10
    Power: 10
    Instinct: 10

Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Post by UchihaAyame Sun Jun 01 2008, 11:22

I want to start working my way up to the top agen... but their sharp tongues will get sharper... Oh Man...
    Laura-Chan
    Laura-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 11362
    Fanclubs : The Pretty boy fanclub!
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-02-14

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has this ever happened to you?

Post by Laura-Chan Sun Jun 01 2008, 11:49

UchihaAyame wrote:My case, I'm pretty good in all my subjects and pretty much, EVERYONE is jealous. I know it's not true but just to damage my seamingly unbreakable confidence, they call me ugly, stupid, retard, crazy, they push me around in hallways, don't let me eat lunch with any of them and when someone doesn't do what they do, they persecute that person too. 'coz of that, now my grades are 5 points lower in over-all than my old lowest and now, they persecute me for being emo...which is not true, I just have a manic-mostly depressive behavior. Uh, Is that called persecution?

They say I'm a nerd, but I'm a pretty nerd XD
    (BEAT THAT!)
    I have the same problem, but sooner or later they are gonna realise that being mean to the smartest person in class is getting them no where. Plus, you have the reasurence that when you leave school, you can get into college and have a better job than all the rest. I just ignore every thing because in the end, your doing what you want, don't lower yourself to their standards by letting them get to you. It's what they want, but keep doing great ^.^
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sun Jun 01 2008, 11:54

well I am persecuted kinda at my school for being christian
    also i have always been taller then everyone else, and I really like helkping people
    but I get mocked sometimes for that

also i have gotten mocked by the parents of my peers becasue of my hockey. I was bigger then everyone but i looked slow to them
    so they kept of saying i couldn't make it anywhere in hockey
    Dancing Mist
    Dancing Mist
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 12463
    What's up Tab : Back
    Fanclubs : none
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-03

AMP
    Natural: 63
    Power: 81
    Instinct: 72

Post by Dancing Mist Sun Jun 01 2008, 13:48

Laura-Chan wrote:
    Dancing Mist wrote:
    Laura-Chan wrote:I say, just ignore the people 'persecuting' you. Because it annoys them, because they don't get a reaction. And then they get bored and shut up.
    Also, if its people you know doing such things, you might wanna re-think who your talking with.

Oh that good advice! Laura-chan ^^
    i've been through all of this, but i would'nt call it persercuting. It's the way i deal with every thing.
    Like if you wanted some thing, you'd do what they do Keep annoying that person until you got the reaction you wanted. But if you don't give it to them, you prove your stronger than them and they will give up. It works for me!

or...they try to do it again in a couple of months.
    Titaniumxvx
    Titaniumxvx
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 21997
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-08-16

AMP
    Natural: 5
    Power:
    Instinct: 5

Post by Titaniumxvx Sun Jun 01 2008, 17:56

TheFirstKnight wrote:oooooooo i should join the mexicans in slaughtering the emos.

It's rampant, there, or so I've heard. Most Vile!
    Kagamiko
    Kagamiko
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 6578
    What's up Tab : YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY!

"HOLY SHIZNAT You're Still Alive!"
    Size: Bronze
    -Don't post in storm for like, 8 months, then come back and start posting somewhat regularly with no warning!
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-20

AMP
    Natural: 15
    Power: 15
    Instinct: 15

Post by Kagamiko Sun Jun 01 2008, 18:24

amaterasu wrote:well I am persecuted kinda at my school for being christian
    also i have always been taller then everyone else, and I really like helkping people
    but I get mocked sometimes for that

also i have gotten mocked by the parents of my peers becasue of my hockey. I was bigger then everyone but i looked slow to them
    so they kept of saying i couldn't make it anywhere in hockey

They did things because you are tall? Wierd of them... I used to feel bad for being taller than everyone else to (until the guys finally grew taller than me), but that was because I felt wierd, not because someone said anything.

And those parent piss me of. They are supposed to help the players become better, not making them feel bad! Pissed
    BlueHarmony
    BlueHarmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 518
    What's up Tab : Revisiting a site i haven't opened up in a long time.....wow 2 years, wtf?!
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68 / 10068 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-21

AMP

Post by BlueHarmony Sun Jun 01 2008, 20:54

my self-esteem was crushed as a child by my older sister. all because i acted like my dad. happy. Emo Corner

she hated everyone who was happy, but i was easy picking.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Number of posts : 118119
    Fanclubs : Shikamaru! NCS WOTN Veteran Princes! Soul Eaters
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-21

AMP
    Natural: 56
    Power: Flood Attack
    Instinct: 50

Post by quater Sun Jun 01 2008, 21:01

knssquad wrote:tis not persecution until you go to India and are labeled pariah

Or live in one of the war-torn genocide-raging countries dotted through Africa

Definitely. What you people are living through is what I generally associate as, life.
    BlueHarmony
    BlueHarmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 518
    What's up Tab : Revisiting a site i haven't opened up in a long time.....wow 2 years, wtf?!
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue68 / 10068 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-05-21

AMP

Post by BlueHarmony Sun Jun 01 2008, 21:09

quater wrote:

Definitely. What you people are living through is what I generally associate as, life.

i agree
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Has this ever happened to you? - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by amaterasu Sun Jun 01 2008, 21:12

you can be persecuted wherever you are
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever
    its not like there isn't a place where no one is persecuted
    Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

Post by Banouin Sun Jun 01 2008, 21:13

BlueHarmony wrote:
    quater wrote:

i agree

This.
    Hiro
    Hiro
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 1519
    What's up Tab : I like to fight....Bring me a good battle...
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-04-02

AMP
    Natural: 99
    Power: 99
    Instinct: 99

Post by Hiro Sun Jun 01 2008, 21:27

amaterasu wrote:you can be persecuted wherever you are
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever

well there is but you wont get there unless you die...
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sun Jun 01 2008, 22:59

Hiro wrote:
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever

Good answer.

But is that really persecution? Is that same persecution Early Christians felt as they were stoned, crucified, and beaten? Is this the same persecution the victims of witch hunts endured? Is this the same persecution the Jewish people felt during the Holocaust? The Same persecution that millions feel? No. What you guys feel, is hardly what I describe as persecution. In fact, I probably would have to be renamed "Q the Glorious Persecutor" if it were the case. No, it's not the same guys. There are people who in Sudan, who are put in giant metal boxes, then sank into the Sands of the desert to die a cruel, sweltering hot death, because these Christians are literally microwaved by the heat. That, is persecution. It's definitely different then being called fat.

Persecution used to be a word one didn't toss lightly. It's like Racism. Saying things like today someone is a real racist, is I think undermining racism. Does he hold slaves? Does he believe that the other race should be gassed? Does he tell people that "They cannot and shouldn't be allowed in schools" then stands in front of the doors? No. Are there racist people today, especially in America? Sure. But let's not throw that word around lightly, don't devalue the struggle that people who suffered through great extremes of racism went through by tossing that word around so easily.

Hate, love, racism, intolerance, bigotry, persecution, and God. Just a few of the many words Society has systematically devalued and brought to mean minor afflictions compared to what they stood for in the past. Do you guys really feel you are being, persecuted? I can understand isolated, unaccepted, offended, and yes even attacked and deriled and ridiculed. Embarrssed and demonized and excoriated possibly. But, you ask me if you were Persecuted? No, I don't believe you were.
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Sun Jun 01 2008, 23:23

exactly

People exxagerate many times

And personally, I think it's a bit selfish to complain about your life, because there are others with worse lives who do not complain at all
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Sun Jun 01 2008, 23:25

knssquad wrote:exactly

People exxagerate many times

And personally, I think it's a bit selfish to complain about your life, because there are others with worse lives who do not complain at all

Agreed.

Quad, you are quite perceptive Oh Yeah! Good to have you on my team.
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Sun Jun 01 2008, 23:27

no problem

XD I was barely teased, really
    Dancing Mist
    Dancing Mist
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 12463
    What's up Tab : Back
    Fanclubs : none
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-10-03

AMP
    Natural: 63
    Power: 81
    Instinct: 72

Post by Dancing Mist Mon Jun 02 2008, 07:56

quater wrote:
    Hiro wrote:
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever

Good answer.

But is that really persecution? Is that same persecution Early Christians felt as they were stoned, crucified, and beaten? Is this the same persecution the victims of witch hunts endured? Is this the same persecution the Jewish people felt during the Holocaust? The Same persecution that millions feel? No. What you guys feel, is hardly what I describe as persecution. In fact, I probably would have to be renamed "Q the Glorious Persecutor" if it were the case. No, it's not the same guys. There are people who in Sudan, who are put in giant metal boxes, then sank into the Sands of the desert to die a cruel, sweltering hot death, because these Christians are literally microwaved by the heat. That, is persecution. It's definitely different then being called fat.

Persecution used to be a word one didn't toss lightly. It's like Racism. Saying things like today someone is a real racist, is I think undermining racism. Does he hold slaves? Does he believe that the other race should be gassed? Does he tell people that "They cannot and shouldn't be allowed in schools" then stands in front of the doors? No. Are there racist people today, especially in America? Sure. But let's not throw that word around lightly, don't devalue the struggle that people who suffered through great extremes of racism went through by tossing that word around so easily.

Hate, love, racism, intolerance, bigotry, persecution, and God. Just a few of the many words Society has systematically devalued and brought to mean minor afflictions compared to what they stood for in the past. Do you guys really feel you are being, persecuted? I can understand isolated, unaccepted, offended, and yes even attacked and deriled and ridiculed. Embarrssed and demonized and excoriated possibly. But, you ask me if you were Persecuted? No, I don't believe you were.

Shoot you should right a book Q.
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Mon Jun 02 2008, 17:21

quater wrote:
    Hiro wrote:
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever

Good answer.

but are not all sins equal in god's eyes?
    so in his eyes then
    if someone makes up rumors about a Christian and if someone stones a Christian both are maybe simply because they are Christian
    is that not the same thing?
    I do agree that our society has devalued words like those ones.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Mon Jun 02 2008, 17:31

amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Hiro wrote:
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever

Good answer.

so in his eyes then
    if someone makes up rumors about a Christian and if someone stones a Christian both are maybe simply because they are Christian

Yes all sins are equal in God's eyes. But making up a rumor about a Christian is something that happens, a fact of life, as I said an offense or an attack. You were probably embarrassed, ridiculed, and at worst demonized and maybe deriled. But I don't call it persecution. I don't think it's the same as death, cruel beatings, or losing your job and homes and being forced into ghettos. Maybe you do.
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Mon Jun 02 2008, 17:33

Dancing Mist wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Hiro wrote:
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever

Good answer.

Shoot you should right a book Q.

Thanks a lot. Really I appreciate that my words were approved ^_^

I am writing a book. Hehehe...
    Laura-Chan
    Laura-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Laura-Chan Mon Jun 02 2008, 17:36

What is your book about Q?
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Mon Jun 02 2008, 17:43

Laura-Chan wrote:What is your book about Q?

There isn't an exact theme. I guess, to put it best the state of America today. But, I only just recently decided to write it, so the stronger themes will come as my research and intrigue develops (And when my finals are over ^_^)
    Laura-Chan
    Laura-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Laura-Chan Mon Jun 02 2008, 17:47

quater wrote:
    Laura-Chan wrote:What is your book about Q?

There isn't an exact theme. I guess, to put it best the state of America today. But, I only just recently decided to write it, so the stronger themes will come as my research and intrigue develops (And when my finals are over ^_^)
    Cool, kind of an opinion book. Sounds great, not sure that every one will like it though haha.
    That better ha sell in the U.K haha
    Your still doing finals? O.o
    amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by amaterasu Mon Jun 02 2008, 17:52

quater wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:
    quater wrote:
    Hiro wrote:
    in america
    in canada
    in india
    in vietnam
    in wherever

Good answer.

so in his eyes then

Yes all sins are equal in God's eyes. But making up a rumor about a Christian is something that happens, a fact of life, as I said an offense or an attack. You were probably embarrassed, ridiculed, and at worst demonized and maybe deriled. But I don't call it persecution. I don't think it's the same as death, cruel beatings, or losing your job and homes and being forced into ghettos. Maybe you do.

well i'll just go with the dictionary meaning
    persecuted
    to pursue with harassing or oppressive treatment, esp. because of religion, race, or beliefs; harass persistently.

well it can be both ridiculation or death adn everywhere in between
    you can't say torture and death is bad and blah blah blah and then go beat someone up
    i mean the term Christian was originally a term to ridicule those who followed Jesus.
    i'm not denying your side, i'm just saying its more then that and can happen anywhere in the world
    quater
    quater
    Hezi
    Hezi

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by quater Mon Jun 02 2008, 18:01

Your also not making much sense.
    "you can't say torture and death is bad and blah blah blah and then go beat someone up"

Who the freedom is saying that?

And I am saying your not feeling persecution, that other words more accurately describe it; that you shouldn't allow the word to be devalued to such meager standings. Yes, I could get beaten for my beliefs in America, it's feasible. But if someone says something about me being a Christian, or says something about someone being fat, they are not persecuting them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 14 2024, 16:19