WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
The Light Fantastic
MissQoolKat
LyricalM
Aichu
Kagamiko
UnknownMarauder
Lunami
sabaku no ketsueki
Darkflame
Claud-kun
SilverLegionare
Meika-Chan
Sado
17 posters

Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill)

Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5375
    What's up Tab : My coat-tails...quit riding them.
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-13

AMP
    Natural: 103
    Power: 130
    Instinct: 111

Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Empty Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill)

Post by Sado Fri May 09 2008, 22:28

That's right folks it's time for another tournament, but as the terrible pun in the title of this thread would suggest it's not fighting but writing.
    Create a Storm legend/story/fanfic whatever you want to call it. The winner will get stats and a unique title proclaiming their greatness.
    The judging will be done either by me and I'll refrain from entering the contest, or you can send them all to me and I'll post them into a thread with the names of the author removed and we'll do it by popular vote. I believe we're all honest enough to vote for the one we think is the best and not just vote for ourselves.

If you're interested say so here and I'll set a date to have them all done by.
    Good luck to you all.
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 28860
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-22

AMP
    Natural: 1578
    Power: 1535
    Instinct: 1833

Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Empty Re: Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill)

Post by Meika-Chan Fri May 09 2008, 22:30

Too... lazy.... Darn...
    SilverLegionare
    SilverLegionare
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 1477
    What's up Tab : Downloading Eureka Seven OST
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue94 / 10094 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-05-19

AMP
    Natural: 216
    Power: 4
    Instinct: 121

Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Empty Re: Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill)

Post by SilverLegionare Fri May 09 2008, 22:33

Then You loose Bloodly

(Bloodly)--->Pity

Last edited by SilverLegionare on Fri May 09 2008, 22:34; edited 1 time in total
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue25 / 10025 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Fri May 09 2008, 22:34

.____.;

I'll have to make time!
    Claud-kun
    Claud-kun
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 18744
    What's up Tab : I'm probably doing homework this moment even iif it doesn't look like that :D
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue95 / 10095 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-08

AMP
    Natural: 67
    Power: 67
    Instinct: 76

Post by Claud-kun Sat May 10 2008, 07:40

I'm in! ...but give us a fair amount of time to do it, A-do. I'm afraid to say I'm kind of busy but I would like to give it a chance.
    Darkflame
    Darkflame
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 20354
    What's up Tab : My ava is from FF12

Grad Class 2011, if your graduating add this someplace on your profile!!!
    Fanclubs : WOTN Brigade, Naruto, Kabuto, FMA, SE
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-03

AMP
    Natural: 280
    Power: 280
    Instinct: 280

Post by Darkflame Sat May 10 2008, 15:43

i'll try
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Sado Sat May 10 2008, 16:36

Don't worry, I'll be sure to give everyone plenty of time.

Anybody have a preference as to which way we'll determine the winner given the options presented in the first post of this thread?
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Number of posts : 22230
    What's up Tab : Life is tough, but it's even tougher when you're stupid.
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC, Death Note FC
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-09-19

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Sat May 10 2008, 17:49

I AM TOTALLY GOING TO MAYBE DO THIS! :D

maybe the use of gramatical skills and spelling and stuff like that...and how interesting the story is, of course..and maybe refrain from any kind of pairings, as that will cause a lot of contraversy (which I think I spelled wrong X)

this is a great idea, sado!
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sado Sat May 10 2008, 19:18

I thought it up and then noticed Layla had thought of the same thing in a different thread, so I figured hey, if two people thought of the same thing it can't be that stupid an idea...or even if it was a stupid idea I could just say someone else thought it up. For me it's really a win-win situation.
    Meika-Chan
    Meika-Chan
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Meika-Chan Sat May 10 2008, 20:05

What is the history of storm anyways? O_O;
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Instinct: 8

Post by Lunami Sat May 10 2008, 21:40

What sort of guidelines must be followed for such a thing? Or is the way the story goes out up to me?
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue61 / 10061 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Sat May 10 2008, 22:25

probably..it's a free write thing, write? Any limitations?
    Like, does it have to be about storm? and does it have to be 100% accurate?
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Lunami Sat May 10 2008, 22:30

Well... for me, I can't make a story without ... more info? You know... I'm a weird guy like that. Even for class, if I'm told to read a story from a magazine, and write on it, I have the teacher tell me which article.
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Sat May 10 2008, 22:33

ah, I see what you mean..
    I can't make up my own story..I usually need the characters, then go with my own plot..
    that's why I turn to fanfiction XD
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Sat May 10 2008, 22:49

LOL Well, still, I need the info before I write. ><
    sabaku no ketsueki
    sabaku no ketsueki
    Sanda
    Sanda

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by sabaku no ketsueki Sat May 10 2008, 22:54

lol xD
    hopefully we'll get more info..soon..
    UnknownMarauder
    UnknownMarauder
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 2335
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-09-30

AMP
    Natural: 69
    Power: 72
    Instinct: 62

Post by UnknownMarauder Sun May 11 2008, 11:23

I'm in!!!!!!! Just state any specific guidelines, and I will write ^.^
    Kagamiko
    Kagamiko
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 6578
    What's up Tab : YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY!

"HOLY SHIZNAT You're Still Alive!"
    Size: Bronze
    -Don't post in storm for like, 8 months, then come back and start posting somewhat regularly with no warning!
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue65 / 10065 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-20

AMP
    Natural: 15
    Power: 15
    Instinct: 15

Post by Kagamiko Sun May 11 2008, 17:22

Guidelines much appreciated!

Big *GLOMP* to whoever thought of this contest! <3
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sado Sun May 11 2008, 19:11

The guidelines will be written up by tomorrow, it would have been today but I got caught up watching the Jazz game.
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sado Mon May 12 2008, 04:07

I'd envisioned this mostly as a free-write sort of thing so there won't be many rules or guidelines, since this is as much about creativity as anything else. Anyway these are all the things I could think of, if there's anything you need to know in order to help you just ask and I'll do my best to come up with an answer.

Guidelines and Rules:

1) It must be set in or be about The Storm, it’s founding, or the villagers that make it up. (The characters do not have to be WOTN members,they can be entirely fictional.)

2) The history of the storm is currently non-existent so accuracy is a non-issue.

3) Keep it to a reasonable length, especially if I’m going to be the one judging this then I’d like to be able to get through each story in one sitting.

4) This shouldn’t be a problem but I’ll say it anyway, only one entry per person please.
    UnknownMarauder
    UnknownMarauder
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 2335
    Fanclubs : Kabuto FC
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-09-30

AMP
    Natural: 69
    Power: 72
    Instinct: 62

Post by UnknownMarauder Mon May 12 2008, 22:27

One last question: What's the deadline?
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sado Mon May 12 2008, 22:49

How does June 12th sound for everyone?
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Lunami Mon May 12 2008, 23:50

Much appreciated Sado, thanks for that. I shall begin writing when I am able. So am I to assume that the final story to be sent to you via PM, or posted on this thread, or perhaps another thread for entries?
    Sado
    Sado
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Sado Tue May 13 2008, 01:28

PM the stories to me and I'll post them in a different thread so that they're anonymous. That'll allow me to judge them and also let everybody read them.
    Claud-kun
    Claud-kun
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 18744
    What's up Tab : I'm probably doing homework this moment even iif it doesn't look like that :D
    Happiness bar :
    Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Left_bar_bleue95 / 10095 / 100Write On! (A New Contest of Talent and Skill) Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-08

AMP
    Natural: 67
    Power: 67
    Instinct: 76

Post by Claud-kun Tue May 13 2008, 04:14

A month, nice. Let's do our best.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:40