WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
neon kun
Angelic Harmony
knssquad
Renden2005
namine
D-Dei
Yoyo
jake989
Lil Kit Kat
Sasori Kung fu masta
Vongola
15 posters

True meaning of Valentine's Day.

Angelic Harmony
    Angelic Harmony
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 41942
    What's up Tab : I love Oreo's <3
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 LjTrue meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Cd
    Fanclubs : WOTN Veteran Princes!, FMA, Soul Eater!
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-08

AMP
    Natural: 12
    Power: 12
    Instinct: 42

True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Empty Re: True meaning of Valentine's Day.

Post by Angelic Harmony Fri Feb 15 2008, 00:37

WOOT! Catholic =D
    Yoyo
    Yoyo
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 73947
    What's up Tab : True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 JK0f7
    "Shoot a mushroom I don't even know anymore."
    : Yoyo's Fanfic :
    I won't stop caring about you~ Q
    I am: the CEO of Confusion
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-25

AMP
    Natural: 50
    Power: Fire Fist
    Instinct: 44

True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Empty Re: True meaning of Valentine's Day.

Post by Yoyo Fri Feb 15 2008, 00:38

Mreh.
    knssquad
    knssquad
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 39749
    What's up Tab : Tippecanoe.
    Village : Military
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-14

AMP
    Natural: 3
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 3

Post by knssquad Fri Feb 15 2008, 00:40

If we got school off, think about the large number of teen conceptions on our hands

besides, everyone is to lazy to drive everywhere just to give a gift :3
    D-Dei
    D-Dei
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 49291
    What's up Tab : "I've made up my mind. I'm gonna become an emu."

BEL.the.Ripper.

Spoiler:

Fanclubs : Deidara Fanclub.
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-31

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Instinct: 0

Post by D-Dei Fri Feb 15 2008, 00:46

me, i agree with yurii -.-
    neon kun
    neon kun
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 26013
    What's up Tab : True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Starbucks-1

BE A FUNKY LLAMA.
    Fanclubs : nOOb control FC, WoTN Veteran Princes FC
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-11-27

AMP

Post by neon kun Fri Feb 15 2008, 06:25

you don't need to be a priest or nun to be saint. it's a long process until the vatican pronounces a person worthy to be beatified. first, the venerable thing then the saint thing. ^_^

priest can't marry--so i'm not sure if that guy's a priest or what.
    Light_is_hot
    Citizen

Number of posts : 9
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-01-26

AMP

Post by Light_is_hot Fri Feb 15 2008, 07:34

I didnt know that..... Pity
    neon kun
    neon kun
    Citizen

Male

BE A FUNKY LLAMA.
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by neon kun Fri Feb 15 2008, 07:36

i'm Catholic, you see..
    Claud-kun
    Claud-kun
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 18744
    What's up Tab : I'm probably doing homework this moment even iif it doesn't look like that :D
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue95 / 10095 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-12-08

AMP
    Natural: 67
    Power: 67
    Instinct: 76

Post by Claud-kun Fri Feb 15 2008, 15:00

I am too ^_^

Okay, I found this one, it's quite interesting since it's write in 1st person.

St. Valentine's Story

Let me introduce myself. My name is Valentine. I lived in Rome during the third century. That was long, long ago! At that time, Rome was ruled by an emperor named Claudius. I didn't like Emperor Claudius, and I wasn't the only one! A lot of people shared my feelings.
    Claudius wanted to have a big army. He expected men to volunteer to join. Many men just did not want to fight in wars. They did not want to leave their wives and families. As you might have guessed, not many men signed up. This made Claudius furious. So what happened? He had a crazy idea. He thought that if men were not married, they would not mind joining the army. So Claudius decided not to allow any more marriages. Young people thought his new law was cruel. I thought it was preposterous! I certainly wasn't going to support that law!
    Did I mention that I was a priest? One of my favourite activities was to marry couples. Even after Emperor Claudius passed his law, I kept on performing marriage ceremonies -- secretly, of course. It was really quite exciting. Imagine a small candlelit room with only the bride and groom and myself. We would whisper the words of the ceremony, listening all the while for the steps of soldiers.
    One night, we did hear footsteps. It was scary! Thank goodness the couple I was marrying escaped in time. I was caught. (Not quite as light on my feet as I used to be, I guess.) I was thrown in jail and told that my punishment was death.
    I tried to stay cheerful. And do you know what? Wonderful things happened. Many young people came to the jail to visit me. They threw flowers and notes up to my window. They wanted me to know that they, too, believed in love.
    One of these young people was the daughter of the prison guard. Her father allowed her to visit me in the cell. Sometimes we would sit and talk for hours. She helped me to keep my spirits up. She agreed that I did the right thing by ignoring the Emperor and going ahead with the secret marriages. On the day I was to die, I left my friend a little note thanking her for her friendship and loyalty. I signed it, "Love from your Valentine."
    I believe that note started the custom of exchanging love messages on Valentine's Day. It was written on the day I died, February 14, 269 A.D. Now, every year on this day, people remember. But most importantly, they think about love and friendship. And when they think of Emperor Claudius, they remember how he tried to stand in the way of love, and they laugh -- because they know that love can't be beaten!
    LyricalM
    LyricalM
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 6355
    What's up Tab :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Fairy_Tail_Stamp_by_TaigerLily
    FAIRY TAIL!
    Fanclubs : All Of Them! Not really but i do like a lot of them.
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2007-09-06

AMP
    Natural: 74
    Power: 74
    Instinct: 74

Post by LyricalM Fri Feb 15 2008, 16:55

... that's.....
    neon kun
    neon kun
    Citizen

Male

BE A FUNKY LLAMA.
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by neon kun Sat Feb 16 2008, 01:14

oh, i see. but the priest didn't fall in love with her romantically. just friendship. beautiful!
    Claud-kun
    Claud-kun
    Citizen

Female
    What's up Tab : I'm probably doing homework this moment even iif it doesn't look like that :D
    Happiness bar :
    True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue95 / 10095 / 100True meaning of Valentine's Day. - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by Claud-kun Sat Feb 16 2008, 08:57

Yep!! ^_^
    neon kun
    neon kun
    Citizen

Male

BE A FUNKY LLAMA.
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by neon kun Sat Feb 16 2008, 08:58

i love being Catholic. xD
    Horai
    Horai
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 6768
    Happiness bar :

Registration date : 2008-01-05

AMP

Post by Horai Sat Feb 16 2008, 09:02

Claudius. . .
    neon kun
    neon kun
    Citizen

Male

BE A FUNKY LLAMA.
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by neon kun Sat Feb 16 2008, 09:04

>_< XD
    Claud-kun
    Claud-kun
    Citizen

Female
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by Claud-kun Sat Feb 16 2008, 09:05

Lol, yes I noticed Horai ^_^
    My name is a roman one, I mean my real name.

*glomps Neon*
    neon kun
    neon kun
    Citizen

Male

BE A FUNKY LLAMA.
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by neon kun Sat Feb 16 2008, 09:08

*falls*

*GLOMPS* WOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29 2024, 10:58