WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend.

Poll

Do as they ask?

[ 0 ]
    Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. 2HwAlpQ0%Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. ORIszmu [0%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. 2HwAlpQ100%Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. ORIszmu [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. 2HwAlpQ0%Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. ORIszmu [0%] 

Total Votes: 5
    Lunami
    Lunami
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 5602
    What's up Tab : Bakura's back....
    Village : Mockingbird
    Happiness bar :
    Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. Left_bar_bleue80 / 10080 / 100Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-10-29

AMP
    Natural: 8
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 8

Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend. Empty Jealous girlfriend / boyfriend of a friend.

Post by Lunami

Going to skip the back-story, and go straight to the topic.

Your boyfriend / girlfriend does not enjoy one of your friend's company (the friend in this case would be a friend you've known for years, perhaps even longer than the boyfriend / girlfriend), and has asked you to do something to separate the one tie the two of you have left. What do you do in this situation? Tell them off? Agree to their concern to keep the relationship drama free? Something else? I'm rather curious.

There is a poll at the top, I'd be much considerate over your replies in this, both in the poll and in reply.
    Share this post on: reddit

SickSelfishSyQo

Post Sun Sep 19 2010, 20:54 by SickSelfishSyQo

Why would you ditch a friend you've known longer, for a significant other??
    Lunami

Post Sun Sep 19 2010, 21:07 by Lunami

I don't know. I'm hoping this event was a once in a million thing. Some people just aren't capable of saying no to some people. But I'd think there'd always be exceptions, ya'know?
    quater

Post Sun Sep 19 2010, 23:33 by quater

That depends on the situation for me. ^^
    Lunami

Post Mon Sep 20 2010, 02:00 by Lunami

quater wrote:That depends on the situation for me. ^^

Assume you've spent many years building up a relationship with said friend, while you've only known the current significant other for no more than a few months.
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Mon Sep 20 2010, 11:22 by KarateKeyaQ

Depends on how you feel about both.

I think I'd just limit the amount of time they spend around each other while spending equal amount of time with both alone.

But I gotta say, if my boyfriend asked me that, I'd tell him off. Then say no.
    amaterasu

Post Mon Sep 20 2010, 16:48 by amaterasu

Ask yourself.

What would the Opera singing Vikings do?
    Lunami

Post Mon Sep 20 2010, 17:03 by Lunami

Thanks for the answer KKQ!

Ama... what? They would sing about it?
    amaterasu

Post Mon Sep 20 2010, 17:09 by amaterasu

Lunami wrote:Thanks for the answer KKQ!

Ama... what? They would sing about it?

nah they would cook puppy dogs with muffins and then make the ultimate weapon, called The "map" to extinguish the flames of Failure. However, the Springtime of youth is just around the corner, so plan to take a defensive stance against the invading Mauritians.

This way the 3 of you become as 1 in friendship, and this whole discourse is settled without a bloody battle between comrades.
    Lunami

Post Mon Sep 20 2010, 17:13 by Lunami

Uh-huh...

I don't recall mentioning anything about a bloody battle.
    amaterasu

Post Mon Sep 20 2010, 17:15 by amaterasu

Lunami wrote:Uh-huh...

I don't recall mentioning anything about a bloody battle.

Argh, my underlining message did not get through

NO! NO! NO!
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 21 2010, 10:49 by Lunami

Considering you're still typing from your imagination, a place from which I don't have access (or likely don't want too), it will of course be lost somewhere.

IN either case, I'm not after a message nor advice, just the numbers.
    amaterasu

Post Tue Sep 21 2010, 14:34 by amaterasu

Oh, I was trying to say make peace between your girl-friend and your good friend

then the problem will go away
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 21 2010, 23:24 by Lunami

I was the good friend in this situation, so I'm neither. My girlfriend wouldn't dare ask me to do something like that, nor I in return.

The problem isn't something I can remedy, as it must be my friend in this situation.

And either way, I'm not after advice, just the numbers on the likelihood of this sorta thing happening.
    SickSelfishSyQo

Post Tue Sep 21 2010, 23:25 by SickSelfishSyQo

Happens far too often
    Lunami

Post Tue Sep 21 2010, 23:41 by Lunami

Unfortunately, I think you're right.
    Titaniumxvx

Post Tue Nov 16 2010, 20:27 by Titaniumxvx

I definitely would not. That's not a difficult question for me.

If a significant other is willing to order you around and relegate who you are friends with, they are not likely looking out for your happiness first and have some insecurities. I value friendship and insofar as I feel that way, nothing can change.

That is like expecting me to lose my Brother over something a significant other says. Clearly not going to happen!

However, I would ask them what their issue is with the close friend. If they have a legitimate point that isn't pure jealousy, then we could reconsider from there.
    Lunami

Post Wed Nov 17 2010, 00:29 by Lunami

Excellent points Titan! Thanks for your input, and I agree wholeheartedly!
    Mikel

Post Wed Nov 17 2010, 04:51 by Mikel

when you talk to lunami, ama, be direct. he takes thing literally.

titan has a point but it depends on the situation for me.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 08:46