WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I was born this way! - Yeah right.

Banouin
    Banouin
    Ryuujin
    Ryuujin

Male
    Number of posts : 46551
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    I was born this way! - Yeah right.  Left_bar_bleue90 / 10090 / 100I was born this way! - Yeah right.  Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-12

AMP
    Natural: 11
    Power: Wind Tornado
    Instinct: 11

I was born this way! - Yeah right.  Empty I was born this way! - Yeah right.

Post by Banouin

Alright. Let me start by saying one little thing: I do not and never will hate you if you are gay. Yes. This is about gay people.

With that being said, I can go on.

What I do hate however is the line: "I was born this way!" Or a better one: "God made me this way" Na, sorry to tell ya. God did not make you that way. Nor were you born that way. That's really really really like trying to say I was born loving tacos. Or BBT, Or scrubs, or pizza, or playing games, or Posting on WotN. Sorry. Was not born this way. Over time I found out what I liked and I disliked.

Things like that change over time or on what you have around you in your life. I had games and comps and anime around me. So I started to like them.

This is not to place hate on gays, again. I don't hate you. But.

You.
    Were.
    Not.
    Born.
    Gay.

You choose to be that way. Like I choose to enjoy girls. *CoughRedheadsCough*

On another note, There was this church that put up a sign that said: No gays in heaven, Thank god.

As messed up as it was, I laughed.

Last edited by Banouin on Wed Jun 30 2010, 06:55; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

quater

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 06:48 by quater

He had me in his life, and he liked Scrubs. ^^ You're welcome.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 07:50 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

You offended me twice in this *walks off*
    GL

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 10:10 by GL

i agree with you bano! (: and just like you, i have no problem with gays. i think lesbians and gays are just as normal as other people ^^
    KarateKeyaQ

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 11:10 by KarateKeyaQ

I think they prefer the term homosexuals!

But I agrees~ Nothing is wrong with them. And I agree with your logic!
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 15:25 by amaterasu

Or we could go back to old 1800's and call them fairies Keya and call happy people gay people.

yay for changing terminology!

This was a nice blog to read Banouin
    Banouin

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 16:34 by Banouin

Gay did mean happy back then...

I'm so gay!

-_- Happy~

Rawr.

Thanks Ama.
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 16:41 by Toshii

i agree :O so wrong about the church >:/ what does churches have against gays anyways? :/
    Banouin

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 16:46 by Banouin

Toshii wrote:i agree :O so wrong about the church >:/ what does churches have against gays anyways? :/

I agree! It was messed up, there was even a small war with it.

Someone would go change the sign at night.

It was cool~ One day it was "No gays in heaven, thank god." Then the next "Gays in heaven, thank god" ^_^
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 16:49 by Toshii

Banouin wrote:
    Toshii wrote:i agree :O so wrong about the church >:/ what does churches have against gays anyways? :/

It was cool~ One day it was "No gays in heaven, thank god." Then the next "Gays in heaven, thank god" ^_^

war? seriously? -_-

*nods* 5 bucks on it.

okay :o
    Banouin

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 16:50 by Banouin

Toshii wrote:
    Banouin wrote:

war? seriously? -_-

*nods* 5 bucks on it.

okay :o

Well..I call it a war? *Shrugs* It was changed a lot.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 16:51 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

For a church sign to even say "No gays in heaven, thank God." is pretty messed up anyway.
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 17:10 by amaterasu

Banouin wrote:Gay did mean happy back then...

I'm so gay!

-_- Happy~

Rawr.

Thanks Ama.

No problem
    quater

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 18:12 by quater

Homosexuality is considered a sinful lifestyle in the Bible. And the Church condemns sinful lifestyles.

Simple as that. It's not a vendetta against the gays anymore than it is against cheaters, liars, jerks, greedy snots, power hungry whiners, or any other group of wrong doers.

Which at the end of the day is all of us.
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 18:15 by Toshii

quater wrote:

Homosexuality is considered a sinful lifestyle in the Bible. And the Church condemns sinful lifestyles.

Simple as that. It's not a vendetta against the gays anymore than it is against cheaters, liars, jerks, greedy snots, power hungry whiners, or any other group of wrong doers.

okay. thanks Q :o
    quater

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 18:19 by quater

Toshii wrote:
    quater wrote:

No problem.

The Church believes that letting sinful lifestyles become acceptable degrades society and destroys a lot of lives.
    One can look around at society today and see where the idea comes from.

Sure there are pastors out there that just hate gays to death, but overall the Church is just trying to keep society moral. In fact, Churches want to help gays overcome their own desires and find freedom in God, not be bound to the homosexual lifestyle for the rest of their lives. And in today's culture, the Church is the only people saying that it can be done. That you aren't born gay, and don't have to spend your life thinking you're a homosexual. That there's more to life for you. And to be honest, that's pretty cool. Where society says, "Once gay, always gay" the Church says anything can be changed with God. I like their message more, frankly.
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 18:25 by Toshii

quater wrote:
    Toshii wrote:
    quater wrote:

No problem.

The Church believes that letting sinful lifestyles become acceptable degrades society and destroys a lot of lives.
    One can look around at society today and see where the idea comes from.

Sure there are pastors out there that just hate gays to death, but overall the Church is just trying to keep society moral. In fact, Churches want to help gays overcome their own desires and find freedom in God, not be bound to the homosexual lifestyle for the rest of their lives. And in today's culture, the Church is the only people saying that it can be done. That you aren't born gay, and don't have to spend your life thinking you're a homosexual. That there's more to life for you. And to be honest, that's pretty cool. Where society says, "Once gay, always gay" the Church says anything can be changed with God. I like their message more, frankly.

ahhhhhhhhh. okay
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 19:16 by amaterasu

Yay for repentance and taking off our old flesh and becoming a new creation in Christ, one to be holy and righteous in the eyes of the Father!
    Toshii

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 19:17 by Toshii

amaterasu wrote:Yay for repentance and taking off our old flesh and becoming a new creation in Christ, one to be holy and righteous in the eyes of the Father!

*blinks* ._. eh?
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 19:53 by amaterasu

Toshii wrote:
    amaterasu wrote:Yay for repentance and taking off our old flesh and becoming a new creation in Christ, one to be holy and righteous in the eyes of the Father!

*blinks* ._. eh?

Well there is the whole part of the church being the body of Christ, basically those who have been saved and baptized and have put to death all their earthly desires and dreams and have become children of God, to be as a light shining in the dark.

Basically the church's goal is to reflect the light and as it says in the New Testament (I think in one of the timothy's) that God wants all people to come to repentance, basically turning away from everything that is sinful, and to be filled with teh spirit and produce good things (called fruit of the spirit) namely : Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control.

This is why Jesus talks about trees that bear good fruit and trees that bear bad fruit.
    Since we are all born with an sinful nature, we fall short of God's standard, and commit sins, which are thoughts, words, or actions that break God's commands, such as the ten commandments, but even before the law existed to show that sin is sinful, sin still existed. So basically people who have sinned, have to pay for their sins with a life, for the wages of sin is death, because life is in the blood, and God is the giver of life, to go break his commandments is to break life and therefor brings death, but God became flesh for us (jesus) and became a sacrifice for us (even though he didn't sin and therefor didn't deserve death) so that our sins might be taken away, and he offers this to the Jews first but also to the gentiles (us). Now all of mankind can come to be ridden of their sin. Basically that is a christian, and the church, since the church is the body which is made up of Christians. God also wants us to stop living the way we used to live (while we lived in sin) and to live out his glorious plan for us.

Q basically said the same thing just with different terms I suppose.
    UreshiiQ

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:25 by UreshiiQ

Actually, I used to believe this but now I don't. Like with Whatthebuck, the guy Michael knew he was gay when he was four, he didn't automatically know :P He thanked Dukes of Hazard XD XD

Dazed But what's with all this religion? I mean Dazed Dazed And seriously, not to be miss I'm offended but churches are really starting to piss me off. >.> Not like Ama and Q cuz I lovers them, but I mean...Loving the bible so much they hate people of different relgions, different sexualities and whatnot. That church saying that is pretty fudged up ^^;; But hey, this book I read was worse. Wayyy worse than that. ._.
    Anyway not trying to offend just statin' an opinion~
    amaterasu

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:34 by amaterasu

UreshiiQ wrote:Actually, I used to believe this but now I don't. Like with Whatthebuck, the guy Michael knew he was gay when he was four, he didn't automatically know :P He thanked Dukes of Hazard XD XD

Dazed But what's with all this religion? I mean Dazed Dazed And seriously, not to be miss I'm offended but churches are really starting to piss me off. >.> Not like Ama and Q cuz I lovers them, but I mean...Loving the bible so much they hate people of different relgions, different sexualities and whatnot. That church saying that is pretty fudged up ^^;; But hey, this book I read was worse. Wayyy worse than that. ._.
    Anyway not trying to offend just statin' an opinion~

You misunderstand me

Religion is this

Well Pure and Lasting Religion that is

is caring for the Orphans and widows in their troubles, and controlling our tongues and refusing to let the world to corrupt us.

quater

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 21:50 by quater

"Loving the bible so much they hate people of different relgions, different sexualities and whatnot. That church saying that is pretty fudged up ^^;"

The Church doesn't say it hates people of those things. It never has. Maybe a church or two has, but the Church as a whole has never said that. You're making that up on what people who DON'T go to Church, say about the Church. As I said, the Church wants to help these people. Not destroy them. Too bad the same can't be said about other religions or homosexuals.

However, homosexuals have many times said they hated the Church. As a whole. Like when homosexuals storm a church and yell Jesus is a Gay over and over. Or when they mug an old lady carrying a cross across a street. Or when they beat someone and leave them for dead because they have a Cross necklace.

And Islam wants to destroy western society, Christianity included.

And you're ticked off at the Church? Well I hope you're also ticked off at the extremists of Islam, and at the Homosexuals who hate the Church.

If not, then you need to reevaluate your priorities. Because the Church doesn't hate homosexuals and other religions, but homosexuals hate the Church.
    Mikel

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:11 by Mikel

Q just said everything that needs to be said.
    CLAIRVOYANTdisease

Post Wed Jun 30 2010, 22:12 by CLAIRVOYANTdisease

^ It's the few out of the majority that muck it up for everyone and give the wrong impression.

Like its the wrong amount in the church that give a false impression of the church.
    It's the few homosexuals that profess their hate for the church that make it seem like all homosexuals hate religion.

I'm "ticked" off at the church, but not on their stance on homosexuality. I mean, they have to take their teachings from the Bible...and to be honest they've become a lot more tolerant of it in recent years.

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 15:02