WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!}

BlackHeart
    BlackHeart
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 317
    Village : Cops
    Happiness bar :
    Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Left_bar_bleue62 / 10062 / 100Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-03-29

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Empty Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!}

Post by BlackHeart Tue Jan 05 2010, 19:19

The sun beat down hard on the seventy-eighth district in the East Rokungai. Everyone was doing their best to stay cool. Some stayed in their homes or in the shade. Those unfortunate enough to not have homes were hiding in the shadows of the alleys of the seedy district.
    Orphans were running through the streets doing their best not stay in the sun. One of them was walking shirtless through the streets, sweating bullets, and doing his best not to succumb to heat stroke. His black hair had grown long from never once being cut and was matted from the heat. This boy was named Kenshin Hogasha.
    Kenshin had been in the seventy-eighth district for as long as he could remember. He couldn’t really remember when he died since he was very young at the time. He now had the appearance of a thirteen year old, though he stopped keeping tracking of his age a while ago.
    He didn’t have any family as far as he knew. He had been alone since the day he arrived. He survived the same way the orphans did- he stole when he needed food. He didn’t keep most of it though since there were other orphans that were too young to fend for themselves so he shared his food with them. That was the way Kenshin was. He had this powerful need to protect others even at the expense of himself. This led him to have a pretty thin body that was devoid of any fat what so ever. He wasn’t emaciated like some of the other orphans but he still looked malnourished.
    His stomach rumbled from the last two days that he went without food. He didn’t like stealing but he had to if he wanted to survive. He saw a fruit stand not too far from where he was. The owner was leaning back in his chair fanning himself with a paper fan and wearing a bamboo shade to cover his head from the sun. Kenshin looked at it for a few moments and noticed that the man seemed pretty lethargic, most likely due to the heat. Stealing from him wouldn’t be too hard. Kenshin ran towards the fruit stand and grabbed an apple before taking off a quickly as he could. The man looked up in time to see Kenshin run off with the apple and was about to chase him but it was too hot to be running after a kid who only stole one fruit. So he settled for shouting obscenities at the young boy.
    Kenshin rounded the corner and stopped. He wiped the sweat off his brow and rubbed the apple clean against his pants. He held it up and smiled at it; the thought of finally getting to eat making him ecstatic.
    He was about to take his first bite until he heard a noise that sounded like moaning. He looked in the direction of the sound and saw a girl holding her stomach as she walked. She looked like she was in pain. Finally she collapsed onto the ground.
    Kenshin rushed over to her body and turned so she was lying on her back. The girl had mid-length strawberry blonde hair and a very pretty face. She looked not too older than Kenshin. She was at least a couple inches taller than him and her bust was certainly much bigger than most girls her age- an observation that made Kenshin blush a bit. Her face was filthy as were her clothes and her skin was pale. She looked like she hadn’t eaten in a week. A few moans escaped her lips and her eyes seemed to drift off into space.
    “Hey, are you alright” Kenshin asked with concern. He was worried this girl might die at any second.
    The girl only moaned in response as she looked over at Kenshin. Her eyes widened when she laid her eyes on the apple in his hand. Kenshin noticed this and groaned inwardly. He was really looking forward to finally eating all of his food instead of sharing it. But still he couldn’t just let this girl go on like this. So with a sigh he lifted her head up held the apple close to her face.
    “Eat this” he said.
    She eagerly obliged and bit into quickly and chewed as fast as she could so she could get her second bite. Kenshin let her take hold of it and sat her up so she could eat on her own. When half the apple was gone she stopped eating and took a moment to look over her savior. She noticed he was staring at the half eaten fruit in her hands. She looked back and forth between the two a few times and the realization hit her.
    “Is this your apple” she asked, feeling a little ashamed.
    “O-oh no, it’s… it’s fine. You need it more than I do” he said with a weak smile.
    She shook her head and held it out for him to take.
    “No, it’s yours. You must be hungry too. I’m grateful that you would share it with me” she said with a small smile.
    Kenshin looked at her and then the apple and then his stomach rumbled… rather loudly. The girl stifled a laugh and Kenshin blushed in embarrassment. With a sigh he took the half-eaten apple and took a bite, relishing in the taste and satisfaction it brought his stomach.
    “Thanks” he said with a smile. “But you must still be hungry”.
    “I am but, I don’t want you to suffer because of me”.
    “It’s alright. I couldn’t just let you starve”.
    “Thank you”.
    “What’s your name” Kenshin asked curiously after he took another bite of his apple.
    “It’s Rangiku… Rangiku Matsumoto” she said with a kind smile.
    “I’m Kenshin Hogasha” he said returning her smile.
    They then heard the sound of laughter. It came from multiple people. Kenshin looked to see one of the local gang of bullies that acted like they owned the whole district. There were six altogether. Kenshin had to put up with them before. They always stole food from starving kids that were too weak to fight back. Kenshin defended a little boy and baby sister from them once. His reward was getting beaten into the dirt.
    Kenshin glared at them as they stared at him and Rangiku with wicked grins on their faces. Though, behind the grins that were given to Rangiku were also lecherous thoughts. Their leader, a boy that looked only slightly older than Kenshin with greasy blonde hair and a scar that ran through his eyebrow, stepped forward with a heavy stick resting on his shoulder.
    “Hey Kenshin. It’s been a while since we’ve seen you around. You still sharing your food with the other brats around this rat hole”?
    Kenshin only glared at him as he stood up. Rangiku looked back and forth between them, a little scared about what was going on.
    “Oh! And who this you have here with you” he said once he noticed Rangiku.
    “She’s quite a looker. Maybe she’d be willing to do a few “things” for us if we give her some food” he said, licking his lips, as his eyes trailed all over Rangiku’s body, sending a few chills down her spine.
    “Leave her alone, Shingo” Kenshin said as he moved in front of Rangiku.
    “Well now, little Kenshin wants to protect someone again. We hate when you do that Kenshin. It ruins are fun. Believe it or not beating on you gets a little tiring. Why don’t you just let us have this pretty piece of tail and maybe we’ll lay off you for a little while” he said with a smirk as he tried to move past Kenshin to get to Rangiku.
    “I said leave her alone” Kenshin said sternly as he pushed Shingo away from Rangiku and on to the ground.
    His gang tensed up and glared at Kenshin, waiting for their leader to give the order to run him into the ground.
    Shingo quickly got onto his feet and gave a hateful glare at Kenshin.
    “You never listen do you ‘hero’” he snarled at Kenshin. “Now we need to teach you another lesson” he said with an evil smirk growing on his face. “Get ‘em guys” he ordered his gang.
    The group smiled wickedly at the two. Some cracked their knuckles in anticipation of the upcoming brawl. Kenshin stood his ground and looked back at Rangiku.
    “Run! Get out of here!” he shouted to her.
    “But…” she said with concerned eyes. She didn’t want him getting hurt for her sake.
    “Just go! I’ll be fine” he shouted once more.
    Rangiku looked at him for a few more seconds then reluctantly nodded. She quickly got to her feet and took off running. She looked back once more to see the gang surround Kenshin and then looked forward and continued her escape.
    Kenshin stood stone still while Shingo’s gang formed a circle around him. One of them charged at him first and sent a fist towards Kenshin. He evaded it and retaliated with a punch of his own, knocking the boy of his feet. Another came from behind and bum rushed Kenshin to the ground. Kenshin responded by kicking his legs out from under him and sending him down to join him. After that, the entire gang moved in on Kenshin and started kicking and punching him while. Kenshin was unable to do much at this point. They outnumbered him and wouldn’t give him a chance to fight back so he just laid there on the ground and took it.
    Rangiku rounded a corner, already out of breath from the running with barely any energy or strength left to begin with. She ran until she tripped over her own feet and fell face first into the dirt. She groaned in pain and felt tears trying to force their way through their eyes. She left Kenshin to be beaten to a pulp and she could do nothing to help him. She felt so useless.
    “Hey, you okay” a voice called out.
    Rangiku looked up to see a young man with short silver hair and fox-like grin on his face walking towards her. He knelt down and offered a hand to help her up.
    “Quite a fall you took there. Want some help” he asked with a cheerful tone.
    Rangiku was taken aback. This was the second act of kindness performed for her today. She slowly took his hand and was lifted back up to her feet.
    “Thank you” she said as she wiped away her tears.
    “No problem. But what were you running from” he asked curiously.
    Rangiku then remembered Kenshin. She though maybe this young man could help her.
    “There’s a boy back there getting beat up by a bunch thugs. He told me to run away so I wouldn’t get hurt. Please, we have to help him” she begged.
    “Calm down! I’ll see what I can do. Where is he”?
    “This way” Rangiku said as she took his hand and led him to the spot where she left Kenshin.
    When they neared the street where Kenshin was last seen, Rangiku peeked around the corner to see if that gang was still there.
    Sure enough, they were and they were still beating Kenshin. They were kicking him while he just laid on the ground. Rangiku could barely see past them and couldn’t tell how Kenshin was.
    “That’s enough” she heard Shingo order.
    She wanted to run over and help him but the boy she brought with her held her back.
    “We have to help him” she said desperately.
    “There’s not much we can do for him at this point. They outnumber us and you’re not strong enough to fight them. Just wait. When they leave we’ll go get him” he said as he watched the scene.
    Rangiku didn’t like this plan at all. She didn’t want to just watch someone who protected her get beaten. She couldn’t even believe that he would suggest that. But at the same time, she couldn’t deny that he was mostly right. She couldn’t do much in her state and even if she was at her best, what could she and one stranger do against six guys. So, reluctantly she watched as a few tears streamed down her cheeks.
    Shingo walked towards Kenshin’s limp body. Kenshin was trying to get up but it was a great stuggle for him. Shingo stood over him and stared at him for a moment before bring his stick down, very hard on Kenshin. He grunted in pain and went back to lying limp on the ground. But Shingo wasn’t done yet. He raised his stick back up again and started to hit Kenshin several times.
    “This… is… what… you… get… when… you… act… like… a… hero” he shouted as he assaulted Kenshin.
    Shingo stopped his attack to take a breath and then brought his stick down on Kenshin for a final time.
    “Let’s go, guys. I’m tired of this punk” he said as he walked away. They all obeyed and followed him down the street.
    When they were out of sight, Rangiku ran for Kenshin’s body with the young man following closely behind. She was scared. He wasn’t moving and as she got closer she could see the full extent of the damage he received.
    She knelt down beside Kenshin and gasped at all the cuts and bruises that were left on him. His breathing was shallow which caused her further panic.
    He gave out a groan and turned his head when he felt the presence of another person.
    “Rangiku?” he rasped.
    “I’m so sorry” she said with tears in her eyes.
    “What this? It’s fine. I’ve taken beatings like this before” he said with a weak chuckle, which caused him to wince from the pain.
    “He’s in pretty bad shape” Gin said as knelt down on the other side of Kenshin.
    Kenshin looked turned his head to look at the stranger next to him.
    “Who are you”?
    “Oh that’s right! I was so worried I never even asked for your name” Rangiku said a little embarrassed.
    “That’s okay; you were worried about your friend. It’s Gin by the way. Gin Ichimaru” he said with grin.
    “Your friend here wanted to rush in and save you but I kept her from being seen” Gin said to Kenshin.
    “Thanks for keeping her safe Gin. My names Kenshin Hogasha” he said with a weak smile.
    “I’m Rangiku Matsumoto”.
    “Nice to meet both of you, though the circumstances could be a little better”.
    Kenshin and Rangiku chuckled lightly and had to admit he was right. Gin then gently lifted Kenshin’s arm over his shoulder and helped him to stand. Rangiku did the same with his other arm.
    “I’m really sorry Kenshin” Rangiku apologized, yet agan.
    “It’s alright. Don’t worry about. I think I’ve gotten used to Shingo and his gang beating me” he said with a small smile.
    “Is there anyway I can make it up to you”?
    “Right now, I just want to lie down” he said weakly.
    “Well I got a place where you guys can rest. I got a little food to spare to” Gin said.
    Rangiku and Kenshin were thrilled to hear that.
    “That’d be great” Kenshin said.

Last edited by BlackHeart on Wed Jan 13 2010, 00:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
    Hokage Naruto
    Hokage Naruto
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 91
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2010-01-06

AMP

Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Empty Re: Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!}

Post by Hokage Naruto Wed Jan 06 2010, 23:55

dame nice workGaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} 102337 Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} 515599
    UreshiiQ
    UreshiiQ
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 19937
    Happiness bar :
    Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-21

AMP
    Natural: 123
    Power: 108
    Instinct: 119

Post by UreshiiQ Fri Jan 08 2010, 12:02

Awesome job~
    BlackHeart
    BlackHeart
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :
    Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Left_bar_bleue62 / 10062 / 100Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Right_bar_bleue

AMP

Post by BlackHeart Fri Jan 08 2010, 22:39

UreshiiChan wrote:Awesome job~

thanks both of you Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} 368548
    I should have the second chapter up soon
    Toshii
    Toshii
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 57667
    What's up Tab : Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} 90vl38 Toshiro~ ^_^ x3
    Cat~ Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} 263hco0
    Shadows of Loneliness - Chapter 11
    My mind is a complicated thing even to me.
    Fanclubs : Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Fyhhqb
    Village : Dragon
    Happiness bar :
    Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Gaurdian Spirit {Chapter 3 up!} Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-09-21

AMP
    Natural:
    Power:
    Instinct:

Post by Toshii Fri Jan 08 2010, 22:42

awesome :DDDDD

good job! ^.^
    BlackHeart
    BlackHeart
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by BlackHeart Sat Jan 09 2010, 01:21

“Come on Kenshin! It’s not that hard” Rangiku said to her friend who was
    holding his hands out in front of him with a look of concentration on his
    face.
    “That’s easy for you to say” Kenshin said in a strained voice as his tried
    his best to concentrate on his task. His body started shaking and sweat was
    dripping down his face and his eyes refused to blink.
    Finally after another minute, he did it. A small blue orb appeared between
    his hands. He relaxed his body and left out a sigh and then smiled at his work.
    He had successfully manifested some of his spiritual energy.
    “Not bad, for your first time Kenshin” Rangiku praised.
    “Thanks, though it’s still not a big as yours” he said with a small grin and
    dispelled the orb.
    “I guess just have a natural talent” she said smugly.
    “Don’t get cocky; someday I’ll be better than you”.
    “But not someday soon” she teased.
    “Getting mad Rangiku” Kenshin said in an annoyed tone.
    “Oh relax, I’m just having some fun” she said with an innocent smile.
    “Whatever. Where’s Gin? I’m getting hungry” he said as he looked over his
    shoulder to see of his other companion was coming.
    The two were currently sitting on some crates by the river under the bridge.
    Today was Gin’s turn to go out and get lunch.
    It had been several years since that day Kenshin found Rangiku nearly dying
    of starvation in the street. After she and Gin helped him recover from his
    assault, the three had quickly formed a close friendship.
    Gin had let them stay in him in the small shack he owned. It was kind of a
    tight fit but Rangiku and Kenshin knew it was better than lying in the streets.
    Gin had acquired enough food to keep them all fed for a couple of weeks before
    they needed to start stealing more. They looked out for each other and kept each
    other safe. Though it was usually Kenshin and Gin who ended up protecting
    Rangiku the most since her ever-growing breast and her pretty face attracted a
    lot of perverted men; though she flaunted her assets purposely, much to the
    chagrin of Kenshin who took most of punches to keep Rangiku from being touched.
    But despite all the two formed an unbreakable bond, much like that of a brother
    and sister. Kenshin was willing to risk his life to protect Rangiku and she
    would do same for him. Though, she liked referring to him as his little brother
    since she was slightly taller than him- an act that irritated him greatly. Even
    now she was still several inches taller than him while Kenshin hadn’t done much
    growing. Even Gin was already taller than both of them. Kenshin hadn’t changed
    much except that, since he was now fed daily his body didn’t look so
    malnourished and he appeared to be quite fit. His hair had grown slightly
    longer, reaching the middle of his back.
    They had only recently started playing around with their spiritual energy
    after they found out that they had large amount. However, out of all three of
    them Gin clearly had the most and was able to manifest as if it were as simple
    an act as breathing. It didn’t take too long for Rangiku to manifest hers and
    she did have quite a bit of it. Kenshin on the other hand had the hardest time.
    Though it was known he had a lot of spiritual energy, he didn’t know how to
    control it very well. Though there instances were he would be defending Rangiku
    or some other helpless person and his spiritual energy would flare and send his
    enemies running.
    “Oh look there’s Gin” Rangiku said as she pointed in the direction of their
    friend.
    He was coming to them with a small basket full of dumplings.
    “Looks like quite a score Gin” Kenshin complimented.
    “It was no problem at all. Stealing from some of these people is just way too
    easy sometimes” he said with his usual fox-like grin as he tossed some dumplings
    their way.
    “Hey Gin, Kenshin finally did it” Rangiku said.
    “Really? It’s about time Kenshin. I thought ya never figure it out” he said
    as he sat on one the crates and bit into his dumpling.
    “What’s that supposed to mean”?!
    “That you’re stupid” Rangiku said jokingly.
    “Don’t forget who always saves you from being molested Rangiku. My bruises
    should serve as a reminder”!
    “Jeez you really can’t take a joke Kenshin” she said with a sigh.
    “She’s right Kenshin, we’re just messin with ya. We knew you’d get
    eventually”.
    “Whatever” he said with an annoyed look on his face as he bit into his
    dumpling.
    “Just keep practicing and then we can become Soul Reapers and leave this
    place for good” Gin said.
    Once the trio learned of their spiritual energies, they all agreed to that
    someday they’d get away from the hell that was the seventy-eighth district and
    live in the Seireitei as Soul Reapers. Kenshin wasn’t so sure about it at first
    since he had never once thought about ever becoming a Soul Reaper. He consented
    to it because he didn’t want to get left behind and he had to admit he was sick
    of living in the Rukon District.
    “It shouldn’t be a problem for you Gin. You’re definitely the strongest of
    the three of us. You could go right now if you wanted” Kenshin pointed out.
    “Aw c’mon, I wouldn’t leave you guys behind” Gin said with a light
    chuckle.
    “Yeah Kenshin, we’re all leaving together” Rangiku said with a cheerful
    tone.
    Kenshin smiled at his friend’s excitement. Now that he found out how to
    control his spiritual energy it wouldn’t be long before they would be leaving
    the Rukon District for good.
    By the time they finished their lunch it was mid-afternoon. They all decided
    to head back to the shack and practice with their powers some more.
    “If anyone needs to practice it’s you Kenshin. We’re waiting on you” Rangiku
    teased as the trio walked down the streets.
    “I’m trying as hard as I can! Not all of us can be gifted like you and Gin”
    he said.
    “Maybe you just have no talent. Maybe we should just leave you here” she said
    with a mischievous grin.
    “You wouldn’t” Kenshin said, slightly alarmed.
    “Of course not. You’re my little brother. I would never leave you behind”
    Rangiku said with a kind smile.
    Kenshin smiled back. Rangiku was only joking of course. She did it often but
    the thought that she and Gin might disappear from his life scared him.
    “Besides you’re hopeless without me” she said with a laugh and patted his
    head.
    Kenshin growled and felt his cheeks heating up from embarrassment. He started
    swatting her hand away.
    “Damn it Rangiku, I’m not a little kid” he grumbled.
    “But you are little” she said as she patted his head once more.
    “At this rate you’ll be too small for me to see”.
    “With the way your breasts are growing you probably can’t even see your own
    feet” Kenshin mumbled.
    Unfortunately, his comment didn’t go unheard by Rangiku who grabbed his head
    pushed into her breasts, suffocating him. After a few seconds she let Kenshin
    go.
    “That’s no way to talk about a lady Kenshin” she chided.
    “I wasn’t aware I was talking about one” he mumbled again.
    Rangiku’s fist nearly drilled into his head and she walked away insulted.
    “Ow” Kenshin groaned as he rubbed his head.
    “Packs quite a punch doesn’t she” Gin said as he stepped up beside
    Kenshin.
    “Tell me about it” Kenshin grumbled. “Now she’s mad me” he said solemnly.
    “She’ll get over it. You’re her brother remember. She won’t stay mad for too
    long”.
    “Thanks Gin”.
    “Don’t mention it” his friend said with a pat on his shoulder.
    “Gin do you really think we can become Soul Reapers” Kenshin asked.
    He knew it would be no problem for Gin or even Rangiku. Kenshin’s question
    was directed more towards himself.
    “What’re you so worried about Kenshin? Even if you can’t perfect control over
    your spiritual energy you have more than enough to become a Soul Reaper”.
    “I guess it’s just the thought of you and Rangiku leaving me behind if I
    don’t make it” he said solemnly.
    “Is that all” Gin asked with a chuckle. “Kenshin we’d never leave you behind.
    Didn’t you just hear Rangiku”?
    “But I don’t want to hold you guys back. If you have the chance to get out
    this hell hole you should take it”.
    “That’s why me and Rangiku are going to help you so you can come with
    us”.
    Kenshin smiled lightly. Gin’s words made him feel much better. Now he felt
    more confident about becoming a Soul Reaper.
    “Now c’mon, let’s go find Rangiku” Gin said as he light pushed Kenshin
    along.
    “Where did she go anyway”?
    “Most likely back to the shack. She couldn’t have gotten far”.
    They continued walking when they noticed something in the sky. There was
    smoke not too far from where they were.
    “Is someone having a bonfire” Kenshin asked.
    “No, that’s coming from the shack!” Gin said and then took off running.
    “What”?! Kenshin shouted as he ran after Gin.
    His thought wandered to Rangiku. He wondered if she was in the shack while it
    was on fire and ran faster.
    When they came up to the shack, they found the source of the fire.
    Shingo and his gang were standing in front of the burning shack that had been
    Kenshin’s shelter for the last few years. A couple of them were holding torches
    and cheered as they watched the small structure burn to the ground. On the
    ground next to Shingo was Rangiku. She seemed to be unconscious and there was
    blood dripping down the side of her head.
    “Rangiku” Kenshin shouted as he ran for her.
    Shingo heard this and turned around. An evil smirk spread onto his face when
    he saw Kenshin.
    “There you are Kenshin. I was wondering when you’d show up” he said
    nonchalantly.
    “What the hell did you do” Kenshin demanded as he glared at Shingo.
    “What does it look like? You had this cozy little spot all to yourselves and
    were loaded with food! You know that we’re the ones that get to eat first
    Kenshin. So as punishment for not sharing your food we burnt your little home to
    the ground. This bitch just happened to catch what we were doing and was about
    to run off to get you. So, I had to…“politely” ask her to stop” he said as if
    what he had done was no big deal whatsoever.
    Kenshin had a glare of pure hatred directed at Shingo. His fist clenched
    tightly and made light cracking sounds.
    Gin’s usual cheerful grin made a rare disappearance and was overcome by a
    frown and his eyes cracked open to reveal red.
    Both boys stood side by side glaring at the group that in the course of a day
    had ruined their lives.
    “Gin”?
    “Yeah, let’s do it” he said, cracking his knuckles.
    “You two are going to stop us?!” Shingo asked incredulously and then he and
    his gang burst into laughter.
    “Fine. We’ll kick the crap out of you two and then later we’ll have some fun
    with your friend here” he said looking down at Rangiku who was still
    unconscious.
    “You won’t lay a hand on her” Kenshin said threatengly.
    Shingo laughed again but stopped when he felt his throat go dry and he found
    he was unable to move. He wasn’t alone. His entire gang started going pale. It
    felt like the air around them was pushing down on them.
    This was the result of the combined spiritual pressure of Gin and
    Kenshin.
    “Now” Kenshin said and then he and Gin were charging at the group at full
    speed, intent on administering a punishment of their own.
    The gang quickly recovered when they saw the two boys coming at them. The
    charged as well though each seemed to be very difficult for them to make.
    Gin was the first to make contact. He took on three while Kenshin took on the
    other two, leaving Shingo to watch.
    Gin grabbed the arm of one that sent a jab at him and spun him in a circle
    before throwing him at the other two, sending them all to the round.
    Kenshin bobbed and weaved and occasionally blocked hits from the two he was
    fighting before dropping to the ground and performing a sweep kick on one and
    punching the other in the groin. Both fell to the ground with a thud and groaned
    in pain and humiliation at being bested so easily.
    Shingo looked on in shock as his gang was sent to the ground by just two
    guys; one of which he used to beat on a regular basis. A bead of sweat dripped
    down his face in fear. He held his stick up in defense and started to take a few
    steps back. Kenshin saw this and ran after him. Shingo swung his stick only for
    it to be caught by Kenshin who pulled it from Shingo.
    “C-c’mon Kenshin, t-there’s no need for this. W-we can work this out. I leave
    the district for good; you’ll never see me again. Please, just don’t hurt me” he
    pleaded on his knees.
    His plea unfortunately fell on deaf ears as Kenshin reared the stick
    back.
    “You should have thought of this when you hurt my friends” Kenshin shouted
    before swinging the stick at Shingo’s face.
    It collided with his cheek, hard. The force sent a few of Shingo’s teeth
    flying out of his mouth along with a mouthful of blood. Shingo fell to the
    ground; blood oozing out of his gaping mouth. Kenshin through the stick at his
    limp body and went to check on Rangiku.
    Gin was already by her side trying to wake her up. She groaned before opening
    her eyes and holding her head in pain.
    “Kenshin? Gin? What happened”?
    “Shingo knocked you out. But don’t worry he’s not going to be much of a
    problem for anyone for a while” Kenshin said with a smile.
    “What about the shack”?
    Gin and Kenshin looked back at the shack to see what kind of damage had been
    done and see if anything was salvageable. All hope faded when they say the
    charred remains of what once there home.
    “It’s gone” Rangiku said sadly. “Everything’s gone”.
    Kenshin stood up and walked closer to his old home. Sure enough there was
    nothing left. There blankets and food were all gone.
    Kenshin didn’t know how they were going to survive after this. He didn’t want
    to go back to living without food and shelter and he was positive his friends
    had no desire to do such a thing either.
    That’s when Kenshin decided that there was only one way to save himself and
    his friends.
    “Guys… lets leave this place. Let’s go to the Sereitei and become Soul
    Reapers… now” he said with a look of determination.
    His friends looked at him for a minute before nodding in agreement.
    BlackHeart
    BlackHeart
    Citizen

Male
    Happiness bar :

AMP

Post by BlackHeart Wed Jan 13 2010, 00:13

“Wake up Kenshin! You’re going to be late for class” Gin said to his friend
    who was still snoring loudly in his bed.
    It had been a week since they left the Rukon District. They were registered
    into the Soul Reaper Academy on the day of their arrival. Kenshin and Gin got to
    be roommates while Rangiku got a room down the hall from them with a girl named
    Lisa Yadomaru.
    It was a beautiful morning in the Sereitei and classes were going to start in
    about half an hour. Gin had spent the last twenty minutes trying to wake Kenshin
    up but to no avail. Kenshin was such a heavy sleeper.
    Gin was already in his uniform when he heard a knock at his door.
    “Who’s there?” he called out.
    “It’s Rangiku”.
    Gin opened the door and sure enough, there was the bubby, and busty girl, all
    dressed in her academy uniform.
    The two smiled at each other. Rangiku then looked over his shoulder and
    noticed Kenshin still lying in his bed. Her smile quickly turned into a
    frown.
    “Is he still sleeping?!” she asked incredulously as she walked past him
    towards Kenshin’s bed.
    “I’ve tried to wake him up but he just lays their like rock” Gin said as he
    leaned back against the wall.
    Rangiku stood beside Kenshin’s bed and shook him a little.
    “Kenshin come on, it’s time to get up”.
    No response.
    “Kenshin” she said a little louder and shook a little harder.
    This time Kenshin rolled over so his back was turned to her.
    Rangiku scowled and forced Kenshin to turn back over to her and held him by
    his night shirt. She then started slapping him back and forth across the
    face!
    “KENSHIN! WAKE UP! YOU’RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR CLASS!” she shouted.
    Around the second or third slap, Kenshin finally came too. Around the fifth
    slap did he realize he was being hit by Rangiku.
    “Rangiku! RANGIKU!” he shouted and she finally stopped smacking him. “I’M
    AWAKE!” he shouted.
    She gave a mischievous smirk and smacked him one more time for good measure
    before letting him go.
    “What was that for?” Kenshin demanded as he rubbed his red cheeks.
    “Wash up and get your uniform on. Class will be starting any minute. Do you
    want to be late again?” she chided as she left the room.
    Kenshin groaned and rubbed his tired eyes. He sat up and went into his and
    Gin’s washroom. He splashed some water onto his face and dressed himself in his
    academy uniform.
    He stared at himself in the mirror and took in his reflection. A week ago he
    was just some street urchin from the Rukon District. Now he was citizen of the
    Sereitei and a student at the Soul Reaper Academy. He smiled at how far he had
    come thanks to Gin and Rangiku. Without them he would probably be waking up in
    the streets right now, trying to find some food to steal.
    “Kenshin, ya ready?” Gin asked from outside the door.
    “Yeah, I’m all set” Kenshin said before stepping out of the washroom.
    “Then let’s go” Gin said as he stepped out of their room.
    Rangiku and Lisa were waiting for them outside.
    “About time” Lisa said in annoyance.
    Lisa had been in the academy longer than the three of them. She was already a
    fourth year student and her marks were pretty high. She and Rangiku formed a
    friendship pretty quickly when they became roommates. Kenshin found her annoying
    since she made fun of his height more than Rangiku did. Kenshin was only a
    couple of inches shorter than both of them but he figured they only did it
    because out if the four of them Kenshin was the shortest. However, she still
    treated him as a friend because Rangiku called him her brother.
    Kenshin ignored her comment and the group made their way to their first
    class, Zanjutsu training.

In the classroom everyone sat on the floor near the wall. The teacher walked
    in and stood in front of all of them.
    “Today you will be sparring against one another. Many of you have some
    experience in this class. As for those of you who have just recently arrived…”
    he said looking towards Gin, Kenshin, and Rangiku, “you have had a whole week to
    study the basics. Now you will show us what you’ve learned”.
    Kenshin gulped at the thought of going up against veteran students. True, he
    had some fighting experience that had been acquired through many harsh years in
    the Rukon District; not to mention his several encounters with Shingo before he
    finally gave him what he deserved. But he knew the depths of a Soul Reaper’s
    skill. They could dispatch anyone in the Rukon District with little effort. Even
    the academy students that surrounded him could handle themselves perfectly fine
    against some of the Rukon Districts more dangerous characters. So what chance
    did he have against any of his classmates?
    Gin sensed his fear and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder along with his
    trademark fox grin. Kenshin only grinned back. Gin just had a way of making
    Kenshin feel like anything was possible; which is why he agreed when Gin said
    they should become Soul Reapers. His confidence, which others confused with
    cockiness, was inspiring.
    “Alright. Ichimaru! You go first” the teacher said.
    Gin shrugged and stood up. He took a kendo stick from the rack on the other
    side of the room and stood in the center of the training circle. The teacher
    pointed at another student to be his opponent. The student grabbed a kendo stick
    and stood opposite to Gin. Both got into their stances, though Kenshin noticed
    Gin looked a little more relaxed; his ever-present grin serving as evidence.
    “BEGIN” the teacher shouted.
    The other student charged at Gin with his kendo stick raised over his head
    and brought it down as he closed the distance. Gin just stood still and then at
    the last second knelt down and thrust his kendo stick into his opponent’s
    stomach. His gasped for air that was taken from him by the strike and dropped
    his kendo stick. He fell to the ground gripping his stomach and groaning in
    pain.
    “Well done Ichimaru” the teacher complimented.
    Kenshin, Rangiku and even Lisa applauded his victory. Gin grinned a little
    wider and gave them a bow before sitting back down in between Kenshin and
    Rangiku.
    The teacher helped the defeated student back to his seat and then continued
    with the class.
    “Next, Matsumoto. Why don’t you show us your skill against Miss
    Yadomaru”?
    Rangiku nodded and stood up, as did Lisa, the latter leaving her zanpaktou in
    her seat to fight with a kendo stick instead..
    Kenshin watched, curious as to how Rangiku would fight since she never
    actually did any fighting in the Rukon District. He wanted to see how Lisa would
    do as well since she was three years their senior.
    He watched as the girls exchanged words with each other, most likely
    discussing how no hard feeling would be held if one should beat the other. Then
    they got into their stances. The teacher shouted “BEGIN” and the spar
    started.
    Rangiku and Lisa charged at each other and started exchanging strikes.
    Rangiku strikes had some power but they were nothing for the already experienced
    Lisa Yadomaru who was blocking and evaded every strike with little effort.
    Rangiku realized her attacks weren’t doing much and decided to use a new tactic.
    She swung a horizontal strike aimed at Lisa’s left side. Lisa moved her kendo
    stick to block it but she realized too late that it was a feint attack and
    Rangiku landed a hit on Lisa’s right shoulder. Lisa grunted in mild pain and a
    triumphant smirk spread onto Rangiku’s face. Lisa glared at her and responded by
    quickly crouching down and using her kendo stick to sweep at Rangiku’s feet,
    sending her falling to the ground with a thud. She was about to get back up but
    Lisa put the tip of her Kendo stick to her face.
    “Yield” she said with a small smile of triumph.
    Rangiku sighed in defeat.
    “Fine” she said.
    Lisa smiled and lowered her weapon and offered Rangiku her hand. Rangiku
    smiled back and took it. Lisa helped her up and they both returned their kendo
    sticks.
    Gin and Kenshin gave a small applause for them and they bowed lightly in
    gratitude before taking their seats.
    “Not bad Matsumoto. And well done Yadomaru” he said to the two of them.
    “Next, is Hogasha. Come up and show us what you’ve learned”.
    Kenshin felt his body shake a little. He looked to his friends and gave
    supportive smiles.
    “You can do this” Gin said.
    “Good luck” Lisa said.
    “Try not to lose to badly” Rangiku said.
    Kenshin gave her an annoyed look and she just giggled and stuck her tongue
    out at him. Kenshin allowed a small smiled to form on his lips. She was only
    joking and she had succeeded in making him feel a little less nervous.
    That was Rangiku’s way of helping. Her insults were never meant to demean him
    but help him grow. When she insulted him, it made him try a little harder.
    He sighed and stood up and went to grab his kendo stick.
    He met his opponent in the center of the circle.
    His opponent was a smug looking boy with sharp facial features and bleach
    blonde hair that was greased back.
    He eyed Kenshin in amusment.
    “I don’t expect too much from this fight. It’s not like I have anything to
    fear from a pauper straight out of the Rukon District” he said smugly.
    Kenshin glared at him trying to hide the sting from the comment.
    This wasn’t really new to him. There had been a few students he met that
    looked down on him and his friends for once living in the Rukon District.
    Kenshin learned early on that usually nobles, people from family’s with some
    form of status in the Rukon District, or just people from the first few
    districts in general were more often admitted to the Sereitei than people from
    the far back Districts. This created a snobbish sense of superiority in some of
    the students and they weren’t the least bit subtle about how they felt about
    people like Kenshin, Rangiku, and Gin.
    “Kazoku, that’s enough! I won’t have you bad mouthing your opponent” the
    teacher said.
    “Sorry sensei” he said insincerely with a shrug.
    “Don’t let it happen again. Now, take your stances. Ready… BEG-“the sensei
    stopped when he saw someone enter the room out of the corner of his eye.
    His eyes widened when he saw who was.
    Standing in the doorway to the class room was the Head Captain of the
    Thirteen Court Guard Squads, Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto.
    Everyone’s eyes widened in surprise and a few gasps were heard. Kenshin
    stared in awe at the man who would soon become his Head Captain. He could tell
    just by looking at the man that despite his aged appearance, he had more power
    than Kenshin could ever begin to comprehend.
    “Good morning Head Captain Yamamoto” the sensei said with a bow.
    “Good morning Head Captain Yamamoto” the students all said in unison
    accompanied by bows.
    “Good morning students” Yamamoto said with a smile.
    “What brings you here Head Captain?” the sensei asked curiously.
    “Well, it’s has been sometime since I have last visited this academy and took
    a look at my future soldiers. So I though perhaps I should see what potential
    there is to be had” he said with a kind smile as he looked at the students.
    “Of course, Head Captain. Please make yourself comfortable”.
    Yamamoto nodded and the looked at the two about to spar.
    The sensei looked toward the two and nodded for them to return to their
    stances.
    The two did so and stared each other down.
    Kenshin stared with determination. His friends were watching, his class was
    watching, his opponent was watching, his sensei was watching, and more
    importantly the Head Captain was watching. Now was the time to give it
    everything he had and prove himself a worthy future soldier of Head Captain
    Yamamoto.
    Kazoku on the other hand was staring at Kenshin with smugness, pride, over
    confidence; which was arrogance to anyone who noticed. His goal was to put the
    street urchin in his place and show off his skill in the eyes of the Head
    Captain.
    “Head Captain would you like to do the honors?” the sensei asked.
    “I’d be happy to” Yamamoto said with a kind smile.
    “BEGIN FIGHTING” he said and then tapped his cane loudly on the floor.
    Kazoku grinned and charged at Kenshin and prepped his strike. Kenshin steeled
    himself for the blow and stood in a defensive stance. He wasn’t going to win
    this fight by making the first hits. He needed to watch and wait if he wanted to
    find an opening. So for now, the best thing to do was to stay on the
    defensive.
    Kazoku swung in a horizontal arc at Kenshin’s side. Kenshin parried the blow
    and knocked the kendo stick away. Kazoku came back with a thrust that Kenshin
    was able to side-step and then swing the kendo stick down diagonally towards
    Kenshin’s leg. It connected and Kenshin was brought down to one knee. Kazoku
    made another strike aimed at Kenshin’s head but luckily Kenshin held his kendo
    stick over him with his free hand on the end of the stick, effectively holding
    off the blow. Kazoku added some more force and Kenshin pushed back with enough
    force to counter it.
    “You can’t win this fight pauper” Kazoku said with a smug grin. “The only one
    that gets the Head Captain’s attention is me. A street rat like you doesn’t even
    deserve to fight someone like me” he droned.
    He continued his monologue but Kenshin wasn’t listening to it. He had to find
    a weak spot to end this quickly.
    He thought back to all his friend’s fights, trying to see if any of their
    moves would come in handy in his situation. Then he remembered how Lisa swept
    Rangiku off her feet and his plan was formed.
    He pushed up against Kazoku’s kendo stick with all the force he could muster,
    effectively ending his monologue. This surprised Kazoku, leaving him stunned and
    giving enough time for Kenshin to dash behind him and slam his kendo stick into
    the back of his legs. Kazoku fell to his knees and grunted in pain. He was then
    shocked to see that Kenshin stood beside him with his kendo stick against his
    throat.
    There were cheers from his classmates, most of which came from Rangiku and
    Lisa. Gin applauded and gave Kenshin and wide grin. Even his sensei seemed
    impressed. Kenshin even gave a glance towards Yamamoto. The ancient looked at
    Kenshin and then gave him a small smile and a nod.
    Kenshin was overwhelmed from all the appraisal. He smiled at his friends,
    taking his eyes off Kazoku.
    This proved to be a mistake.
    Kazoku brought his fist up against Kenshin’s groin. All joy disappeared from
    Kenshin’s face and was replaced by anguish.
    Everyone gasped in shock at the new turn of events.
    Kenshin dropped his kendo stick and fell to the ground, holding his groin in
    pain. Kazoku then stood up and held the tip of his kendo stick at Kenshin’s
    neck.
    “Looks like I win” he said smugly.
    “You bastard!” Rangiku shouted in anger.
    “What a sore loser” Lisa said in disgust.
    Even Gin allowed his grin to disappear and let a scowl form on his lips
    “The fight is over! Stand down at once Kazoku” the sensei ordered.
    “Whatever” Kazoku said as he lowered his kendo stick.
    Rangiku was the first one at Kenshin’s side. Gin and Lisa followed after
    her.
    “How could you?” Rangiku shouted at Kazoku.
    “These sparring matches are supposed to be fair” Lisa stated.
    “There’s no need to be fair with street urchins like him” Kazoku said
    nonchalantly.
    “Maybe you and I should fight for real” Gin said with a frown.
    “Fine with me pauper”.
    “That’s enough” Head Captain Yamamoto ordered as he came up behind the
    group.
    “What is your name young man” Yamamoto asked Kazoku.
    “Gouzen Kazoku sir” he said rather proudly.
    “Then for the next week, you will be cleaning this entire academy spotless
    from top to bottom. This is your punishment for your cowardly and dishonorable
    actions” the Head Captain said with a frown.
    Kazoku’s calm and proud demeanor disappeared almost immediately after hearing
    this. He had expected adoration or congratulations on what he believed to be a
    win. And yet the Head Captain was instead punishing him instead?
    “B-but sir…” he said in shock and confusion.
    “If you can win the fight fairly then you must lose honorably and with
    dignity. Now go to the utility room and get your cleaning supplies. I will have
    one of staff here supervise you and you will not be sent to your room until they
    say you are done” Yamamoto said with finality.
    Kazoku was about to argue the matter further but the glare the Head Captain
    gave him dropped any thought of it. Instead he nodded and bowed before leaving
    the room, sparing one last passing glare at Kenshin before he left.
    Yamamoto then turned his attention to Kenshin who was being helped to his
    feet by his friends. There was still a look of pain on his face from the blow
    and he winced as he stood up.
    “What is your name young man” he asked.
    Kenshin looked up at the ancient Soul Reaper and tried to stand straight and
    keep his voice even but the man was both awe-inspiring and intimidating. He
    wondered what it would be like if the old man had been releasing his spiritual
    pressure. It would probably be powerful enough to kill him.
    “K-Kenshin Hogasha, s-sir” he said nervously and bowed despite the pain
    between his legs.
    “Well do not dwell on that boy’s words. It is clear who the real winner of
    the fight was. I see great potential in you young Hogasha and I expect to see
    you amongst the ranks of the Thirteen Court Guard Squads in the future”.
    Kenshin gaped in amazement. The Head Capatin had actually acknowledged him
    and told him he had potential!
    “T-thank you Head Captain Yamamoto” Kenshin said with a large grin.
    Yamamoto returned his grin with one of his own and then turned to leave the
    classroom and inspect the students in some of the other classes. The sensei had
    dismissed the class and told them to keep practicing and gave them a few
    instructions and moves to ready for the next course of their training.
    “Wow. Looks like the Head Captain likes you Kenshin” Rangiku said in
    amazement.
    “If he came in a little earlier and saw your fights, I don’t think his
    attention would be focused on me” Kenshin replied modestly.
    “Don’t sell yourself short” Gin said as he patted Kenshin’s shoulder.
    “How can he? He’s short to begin with” Lisa said. She and Rangiku burst into
    laughter while Kenshin growled in annoyance.
    “I’m not short!” he said with his cheeks red from embarrassment.
    He was about to leave the classroom in a huff but right after taking his
    first step, the pain returned to his groin causing him to wince.
    “Whoa, you okay” Gin asked as he came up beside him to offer some support if
    need be.
    “I’m fine. I just need a minute”.
    “Our next class is about to start” Lisa reminded them.
    “You guys go ahead. I’ll catch up when it doesn’t hurt as bad”.
    “Ya sure?” Gin asked.
    Kenshin nodded.
    “Alright. We’ll tell the teacher why you’ll be late” Rangiku said before
    leaving with Lisa and Gin.

It took Kenshin a good five minutes before he felt okay to move again.
    Luckily, the teacher had let him stay to recover.
    After the pain had subsided, he left the classroom and headed to his next
    class. It was Kido if he recalled correctly.
    He groaned at this. Kenshin was terrible with Kido. He could never manifest
    his spiritual energy the way he was supposed to in order to perform the spell.
    Gin, naturally, was very good with Kido. Rangiku wasn’t great but she was
    definitely on her way. Lisa, being a fourth year student, naturally did very
    well in the class.
    He walked a little slower; hoping that by the time he arrived, the class
    would be almost done.
    As he walked down the hall he passed by a classroom that was empty save for
    one person. A woman was in the room. She appeared to be working with some potted
    plants. She had black hair that was tied up in front of her in a large braid.
    She was wearing the standard Soul Reaper attire and had her sleeves were rolled
    up; probably because she was working with plants.
    Kenshin couldn’t help but stare at her face. Her skin was pale in flawless
    and she seemed to glow with an aura of kindness that just looked so inviting.
    She was truly a thing of beauty.
    Kenshin felt his cheeks heat up in embarrassment but he just couldn’t seem to
    look away at this beautiful woman.
    She looked up from the plant she was potting with a look that appeared to be
    surprise. Then it a warm smile made its way onto her lips.
    “It is very rude to stare you know” she said in a kind tone.
    Kenshin snapped back to reality and his blush got redder from being
    caught.
    “O-oh… I-I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. I’ll just go” he said as he took a few
    steps back.
    “Wait… since you’re here, can help me with a few things” she asked
    sweetly.
    “Uhmmm… I kind of supposed to be in class right now” he said nervously.
    “Oh it’s alright. I will tell your teacher you were helping me” she said
    reassuringly.
    Kenshin found it very hard to say no to this woman. So he nodded and stepped
    into the classroom.
    “What do you need me to do Miss…”?
    “Oh, it’s Unohana. And what I need you to do is help me arrange these plants
    for my Ikebana class”.
    “Ikebana”?
    “It’s the art of flower arrangement”.
    “There’s a class here for flower arrangement? No offense but, what good is
    that to a Soul Reaper” he asked curiously.
    Unohana chuckled lightly.
    “It’s more than just flower arrangement. Ikebana is a disciplined art form in
    which nature and humanity are brought together. One becomes more patient and
    tolerant of differences, not only in nature, but also in general. Ikebana can
    inspire to identify with beauty in all art forms. This is also the time when one
    feels closeness to nature which provides relaxation for the mind, body, and
    soul”.
    “All that from planting flowers?!” Kenshin asked in amazement.
    Unohana nodded and got a small pot and a few plants and set them down on one
    of the desks.
    “Here, you try”.
    “Uh… okay” Kenshin said as he sat down.
    “So… what do I do”?
    “Just arrange the flowers in anyway you feel. Whatever come to mind, you just
    do it”.
    Kenshin nodded and looked at the plants Unohana had laid out for him.
    The first thing he picked up was a red poppy. He planted it in the pot he was
    given and put in a second one. Then he picked up white lily and planted it
    beside the poppies. His final touch was adding a white lotus blossom to the base
    of the two plants.
    “Not bad for your first try” Unohana commented.
    Kenshin smiled in appreciation. He had to admit that Ikebana was pretty
    relaxing and looking at his work filled him with a slight sense of pride and
    accomplishment.
    “If you’d like, I could enroll you into my class” Unohana offered.
    “Okay” Kenshin said.
    He wanted to experience that relaxing feeling again and he also accepted
    because he enjoyed Unohana’s presence. It felt so welcoming, caring even.
    Guess there is a class here I can get excited about’ he thought. Then
    it realization hit him.
    “Oh damn, I forgot! I have to get to my Kido class!” he said out loud.
    “Sorry Unohana- sensei, I really have to go” he said as he ran out of the
    room.
    Unfortunately, Kenshin would never make it to class. Standing outside the
    room was his Kido instructor. He had a look of surprise on his face at first
    that quickly turned to anger. Kenshin only looked down at the floor and waited
    for his reprimand.
    “Well, well… you don’t show up for my class, miss half of it, and force me to
    go looking for you! Let me tell you right now, Mr. Hogasha, you will get no
    where with skipping class. I don’t care how inept you are at Kido, that’s no
    excuse for truancy. Do I make myself clear?” the instructor asked harshly.
    “That’s enough Akiwa” came the gentle voice of Unohana.
    Kenshin saw that she came out of the room dressed differently. And to his
    complete and utter shock, she came out wearing a captain’s haori over her Soul
    Reaper uniform.
    “Captain Unohana?!” Akiwa said in surprise. He immediately bowed while
    Kenshin stood still, eyes wide in shock.
    “Show some respect! Bow before the captain Hogasha!” Akiwa shouted.
    “That won’t be necessary Akiwa” Unohana said calmly. “Young Hogasha was
    helping me prepare for my class at my request. Isn’t that right?” she asked
    Kenshin with a wink.
    “Y-yes sir… I mean miss… I mean ma’am… I-I mean Captain!” Kenshin
    stammered and bowed, more so to hide his face in embarrassment.
    He could hear Akiwa sighing and Unohana giggling.
    “Surely you can overlook this boy’s tardiness just this once Akiwa”.
    “O-of course Captain Unohana”.
    “Wonderful. I look forward to seeing you again Mr. Hogasha” she said with a
    kind smile before walking away.
    Kenshin felt his cheeks heat up. This was becoming quite a day for him.
    Meeting the Head Captain and a captain of the Thirteen Court Guard Squads all in
    one day was a little overwhelming.
    “Let’s go boy. We still have twenty minutes of class left and you might as
    well learn something” Akiwa said with slight irritation as he turned and headed
    off back to his class.
    “Yes Akiwa-sensei” Kenshin said as he followed his teacher.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 15:45