WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saved? or unsaved?

amaterasu
    amaterasu
    Citizen

Male
    Number of posts : 34165
    Village : Lion
    Happiness bar :
    Saved? or unsaved? Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100Saved? or unsaved? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-11

AMP
    Natural: 0
    Power: 0
    Instinct: 0

Saved? or unsaved? Empty Saved? or unsaved?

Post by amaterasu

That is question, as the cheesy excerpts from Shakespeare come into play.

If you do not consider yourself a Christian, this blog ain't for you.

If you consider yourself to be a Christian, then read up.

Matthew 7:20-22

20-Yes, the way to identify a tree or a person is by the kind of fruit that is produced
    21-Not all people who sound religious are really godly. They may refer to me as 'Lord', but they still won't enter the Kingdom of Heaven. The decisive issue is whether they obey my Father in Heaven.
    22-On Judgment day many will tell me, 'Lord Lord' we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and preformed many miracles in your name. But I will reply 'I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized(unlawful)."

Basically this is what being said. many people call themselves Christians and are religious, but are not godly and will not enter Heaven on Judgment day.
    sadly, this describes most of the Western Church, the church here in Canada and in the United States of America.
    verse 20 says you will know people by their fruit.
    verse 21 says the decisive issue is whether people do the will of the Father
    verse 22 says people will be thrown into Hell because they did not know Jesus

Even though these people were Religious and professing Christians.

So how do you know that on Judgment day that you won't be denied?
    because you said a prayer once? NO!!!

Just saying a prayer once means absolutely nothing concerning salvation.

Saying a prayer 10,000 times means absolutely nothing concerning salvation.

You will know them by their fruits. If your life hasn't produced good fruits, then you can assume your not saved. It says in Matthew 7:17-19

A healthy tree produces good fruit, and an unhealthy tree produces bad fruit.
    A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot produce good fruit.
    So every tree that does not produce good fruit is chopped down and thrown into the fire.

And so if you say your a Christian, but your life produces bad fruit, you aren't really saved.

Am I saying that if your saved that you will never sin? Of Course NOT. We are all Human and subjected to Sin
    it says in 1 John 1:8 "If we say we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and refusing to accept the truth"

But good fruit means that your life style is producing good deeds and doing the will of the Father. And that is the decisive issue.

If you say you are a Christian and do not do the will of the Father, you are not really a christian.
    If you say you are a Christian but look like the world, you are not a christian.

So examine your own faith, and see if your actually in the truth or not, and if your not, then repent and turn from your sins and turn to Jesus. Turn away from wordly things and turn to God.
    You don't just repent once, but your life is a continuous repentance, and strive to be perfect because our father in Heaven is perfect.
    And do the will of the Father, spread the gospel and produce good fruit.
    Do not assume you are saved, because you have previously said a prayer that asked Jesus to come into your life. If there is no evidence that a Good work has been done, the you are not saved. Because he who started a good work in you, will finish it
    Share this post on: reddit

Anayotto

Post Wed Dec 09 2009, 22:50 by Anayotto

I agree with this totally. =^3

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 05:05