WOTNOPOLIS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IDAC Part 5

Brinckmyster
    Brinckmyster
    Citizen

Female
    Number of posts : 2690
    What's up Tab : Sorry if I'm not on much right now... I need a job!
    Fanclubs : WOTN Brigade, Optomist Club, Jesus Freaks
    Village : Scorpion
    Happiness bar :
    IDAC Part 5 Left_bar_bleue70 / 10070 / 100IDAC Part 5 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-06-14

AMP
    Natural: 65
    Power: 65
    Instinct: 65

IDAC Part 5 Empty IDAC Part 5

Post by Brinckmyster Fri May 29 2009, 17:10

Part 5

Meanwhile, Temari, Gaara, and Kankaro had started moving toward Kanoha again, racing along at break-neck speed to make up for lost time. As they neared the country of the Leaf, Gaara slowed them down once more. “Remember Kankaro, Shikamaru is your leader too. Ino will be your second-in-command so be extra nice to her, at least until you’ve established yourself as a leader to them. The Kanoha ninjas may have an easier time responding to one of their own than to you. Temari, I don’t need to remind you that Shikamaru is your leader, do I?” Gaara’s tone was dangerous.

“You will listen to what he says and do it without complaining. Be nice to him and show him respect for his position of leader of both groups. Kankaro won’t be too far away, so don’t try to overrule him or anything like that. I’ll find out about it sooner or later.” Temari assured her brother that she wouldn’t do anything like that and Gaara stopped them at Kanoha’s gate. “One more thing you need to know, both of you, before we go in. The Hokage has graciously accepted our help and offered to let us rest before we begin our journeys but this mission is time-critical. You may chose to rest a day or not, but make sure you leave as soon as you feel ready to travel again. This mission will take us far into the hills near the hidden village of the Mist. Understood?” Both siblings said they did and Gaara, Temari, and Kankaro entered into the hidden village of the Leaf for the second time.

It was well into the night by the time the Sand ninjas were ready to go. Temari and Shikamaru decided to leave right away and so Choji, Neji, Temari, and Shikamaru said their good-byes and headed toward the hidden village of the Mist. Kankaro and Ino decided to stay the night and head out in the morning so Yami, Tenten, Kankaro, and Ino bid everyone goodnight and went to bed to get an early start in the morning. Gaara and Sakura, knowing Naruto liked to sleep in, and Gaara knowing they had to follow the other two groups, decided to wait until early afternoon to head out so Naruto, Hinata, Gaara, and Sakura said their goodnights as well and went to get the last good sleep they’d have for quite a while.

By midnight, Temari and Shikamaru had gone to the edge of the borders of the country of the Leaf and decided to take a small break for the night, but make an early start in the morning. All the ninjas were tired from their late start so they hadn’t spoken during their journey thus far. They set up camp for the night and went to bed. As the sun was barely rising, Temari woke up and started to get a breakfast ready for her team. She knew Choji was an eating machine like Kankaro but had no idea how much Neji or Shikamaru would want so she made a large breakfast, waking Choji up because of the smell.

Shikamaru came up behind her, and put his hands gently on her shoulders like he’d seen his dad do to his mom in the mornings when they were getting along really well. “Choji’s right you know, that does smell good. I’m not much of a breakfast eater, my mom usually makes me eat a bit, but this smells good enough that I bet even I’ll have seconds.” Temari stiffened, put her hands up to his to throw them off, then reminded herself that she’d promised Gaara she’d be good and asked about Neji’s breakfast habits and both boys eating habits instead. “Neji eats when he knows he has to, this being one of those times, but we can both hold our hunger in about twenty times as poor Choji can. What about you?” Shikamaru answered, finally taking his hands out from under hers and off of her shoulders, surprised at how right it had felt.

“I can hold my own” Temari answered defensively, taking her own hands back down to her lap and surprised at how empty her shoulders now felt. “where were you this morning? I hope I didn’t wake you up?” Temari asked as politely as she could manage. “I wake up at the earliest signs of day, when the sunrise is just beginning to show.” The politeness was killing her but Temari had promised Gaara and she didn’t take promises lightly.

Shikamaru knew this new Temari wasn’t the real one but let it slide as he, too, was trying to be extra polite. “No, you didn’t wake me,” he assured her. “I wake up after four hours of sleep no matter where I am or what time it is. It’s quite troublesome really. So, I’d been awake for about half an hour refilling our water supplies when I heard Choji smell breakfast.” Shikamaru shrugged as he held up the waters he had just returned from refilling. “Now we have both food and water. At least until Choji eats it all. I’m going to wake Neji and we’ll eat before heading out again.” Shikamaru left to wake Neji and Temari turned back to the food, feeling where Shikamaru had placed his hands so gently on her shoulders.

Choji was already on his thirds by the time Shikamaru returned with Neji. Temari was dishing out some for the rest of them and looked up to see the boys with their hand outstretched and a maddening grin on their faces. Trying to remain calm and polite, Temari gave each boy his plate and dished herself a plate. “I only got Neji out with the promise that my bud Choj here would eat his part if he didn’t come.” Shikamaru poked his best friend in the tummy.

“I would too.” Choji responded, “Neji should know that by now though, shouldn’t he Shika? I know you don’t like that name, but I don’t like Choj either. Hey, why are you using your Byakugan this early in the morning anyway Neji?” Choji had just realized that Neji wasn’t eating much but seemed to focus on something that only he could see. “What do you see Nej?” Choji insisted.

“Yami says they’ll be heading out in a few minutes, we should probably move on if we want to stay ahead.” Was Neji’s response though he said it looking at Shikamaru and Temari, who were seated next to each other. “Yami’s going to be very useful on this mission, isn’t she?” Neji asked Shikamaru. Shikamaru nodded and started to get ready to leave, pausing only to offer Temari a hand up that she took grudgingly. “Good, let’s get ready. Thanks for the food Temari.” Was Neji’s answer as he, too, started to pack up.

END PART 5

if you guys want more of this, put up (not you, Yurri-chan! I know what you want!), let me know. Otherwise, I'll probably just leave it be until it becomes WOTNish later... Pity

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 03:08